HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Value of James Reimer

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avec Fromage View Post
Is this a joke? Each player had one good season.

Mason's good season had 33 wins in 61 games - winning 54% of his games. His sv% was .916.

Reimer's good season had 20 wins in 37 games - winning 54% of his games. His sv% was .921.

Reimer's cap hit is 1.800, while Mason's is 2.900.

What possibly makes you think Mason has more value, when his last three seasons have been very poor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
LMAO. What? Reimer is worth way more than Mason. Even going by the faulty assumption that Toronto would want Mason at all, you want us to add a pick!?
61 games is still more and had you watched Mason, he showed significantly higher potential. You also have to factor, despite how bad Toronto has been. Columbus has been worse by far. While I certainly am not absolving fault from Mason. He doesn't exactly have much to work with. In any case, I'm not saying either team should or even would do it, but what Reimer's value would be. It's nearly nothing.

Edit: And before anyone jumps. I shall clarify. Reimer has little value because he hasn't proven to be much above your average prospect goalie breaking into the NHL. Most teams would rather run with what they have.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:18 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMovin View Post
Didn't he also say he was offered a 1st for MacArthur? Might be a little posturing.
Conditional 1st for Mac. Who knows what the chances were that we'd actually get the 1st.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:23 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Didn't he also say he was offered a 1st for MacArthur? Might be a little posturing.
I can see MacArthur getting a frist wayyyyyyyy before James Reimer MacArthur is 20 goal man what has Riemer done to deserve it ?

Old
11-19-2012, 04:32 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
In regards to the OP question, I would say the same value as Lindback/Bobrosky, so a 2nd + a somewhat decent prospect.
I agree with this. Mid second round pick. I rate him as about the 45th best goalie in the NHL in ability and in trade value he's maybe around the same spot.....so what is a backup level talent with some potential to start for an average team worth?

He's like an Alex Auld was when the Canucks acquired him.

2nd at most.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
A late 1st for a 26-year old 20-goal scorer is not unreasonable.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Leafs Win The Cup

Jamie Benn straight up?

Old
11-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
61 games is still more and had you watched Mason, he showed significantly higher potential. You also have to factor, despite how bad Toronto has been. Columbus has been worse by far. While I certainly am not absolving fault from Mason. He doesn't exactly have much to work with. In any case, I'm not saying either team should or even would do it, but what Reimer's value would be. It's nearly nothing.
I did watch Mason. He didn't show significantly higher potential. He showed that he can take advantage of a system and then drop off the face of the earth when he doesn't have that to hide behind anymore.

And he has had multiple years since then where he has been worse than bad, which is an important factor. Reimer had the better start, and then has had 1 mediocre year with an injury, as opposed to three "I want to kill myself he is so bad" years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Edit: And before anyone jumps. I shall clarify. Reimer has little value because he hasn't proven to be much above your average prospect goalie breaking into the NHL. Most teams would rather run with what they have.
Excuse me, what was the last time an "average prospect goalie" broke into the league halfway through the season at 22, and played 37 games to finish the year with a 0.921 save percentage?

Old
11-19-2012, 04:40 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
A 1st is a 1st. It doesn't matter if it is likely to be a low 1st. If the Leafs offered Kulemin and a 1st for Niemi, I would take that deal and run. Reimer hasn't really proved himself. He has similar value to Bobrovsky. He'll get early round picks, but not a proven 2nd line power forward and a 1st.
Welp. Uh. Welp.

I think the Boston Bruins disagree with you.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Mason's Calder-year was beyond what Reimer has ever shown. He had Vezina consideration that year. Bobby Ryan probably could have put up 40 goals that season, and still lost the Calder to him.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:48 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
I did watch Mason. He didn't show significantly higher potential. He showed that he can take advantage of a system and then drop off the face of the earth when he doesn't have that to hide behind anymore.

And he has had multiple years since then where he has been worse than bad, which is an important factor. Reimer had the better start, and then has had 1 mediocre year with an injury, as opposed to three "I want to kill myself he is so bad" years.

Excuse me, what was the last time an "average prospect goalie" broke into the league halfway through the season at 22, and played 37 games to finish the year with a 0.921 save percentage?
Andrew Raycroft?
Jim Carey?
Steve Mason?

He's a crap goalie who's weaknesses are being exploited mightily...If he was halfway decent Burke would not even consider looking for a legit starter.....after all....he kept Cloutier around for years....

Old
11-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs Win The Cup View Post
Jamie Benn straight up?

I would say either what Bobrovsky brought back or slightly more, seeing how there pretty similar value wise with a slight advantage in Reimers favour. Either way I would never trade him, I still see potential in him as a starter. How he played last year before being injured plus in his rookie year shouldn't be overlooked.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Reimer's value at the moment, even if the Leafs get Lu, is higher to the Leafs than other NHL teams. He shouldn't be traded. Wait for a year or two, let him solidify himself, then, if you have two starters, deal one.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Mason's Calder-year was beyond what Reimer has ever shown. He had Vezina consideration that year. Bobby Ryan probably could have put up 40 goals that season, and still lost the Calder to him.

Any lie to bash a Leaf, eh?

That season was not even close to Vezina-worthy. There were like 15 goalies at least that were better than him that year, and he has been horrendous for 3 years since then.

And no, being 16th among save percentage leaders (and taking advantage of a system to do it) does not come close to being top-5 in goal-scoring.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Correction, I got the trophy wrong. It was Hart consideration.

Edit: Nevermind. I was right. I knew he had Vezina consideration.

Last edited by Sojourn: 11-19-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old
11-19-2012, 04:55 PM
seanlinden

Toronto is not going to abandon James Reimer, even if they do get a deal done for Roberto Luongo.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:

That season was not even close to Vezina-worthy. There were like 15 goalies at least that were better than him that year, and he has been horrendous for 3 years since then.

And no, being 16th among save percentage leaders (and taking advantage of a system to do it) does not come close to being top-5 in goal-scoring.
I don't give a crap about the Leafs. Why would I lie? I got the trophy wrong, that's all.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:58 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post

I would say either what Bobrovsky brought back or slightly more, seeing how there pretty similar value wise with a slight advantage in Reimers favour. Either way I would never trade him, I still see potential in him as a starter. How he played last year before being injured plus in his rookie year shouldn't be overlooked.
Nobody would acquire him as a starter at this point. All the spots in the NHL are filled with superior talent. So the questions is, who needs him as a backup more than Toronto? Maybe Carolina?

It's easy for a goalie to go on a tera to start a career because shooters have no book on them. Once they do, that's when real career development takes place. Maybe Reimer gets through this phase and has a decent career. But it looks like Burke is not going to bet his own job on it....

Old
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
Andrew Raycroft?
Jim Carey?
Steve Mason?

He's a crap goalie who's weaknesses are being exploited mightily...If he was halfway decent Burke would not even consider looking for a legit starter.....after all....he kept Cloutier around for years....
You named 3 people in the history of the league, none of which were as good as Reimer, except Raycroft who was a year older and had already played 21 games in the NHL (thus eliminating him). That does not support your point.

Not to mention that Raycroft and Mason played in a highly defensive system (I don't know about Carey) that were the reasons for their success, and Reimer played in the opposite.

Old
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
By virtue of them having Niemi, right?
Him and Alex Stalock/Harri Sateri/Thomas Greiss and the fact that we can't trade Clowe without either getting back another top-6 forward or going into a rebuild.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
You named 3 people in the history of the league, none of which were as good as Reimer, except Raycroft who was a year older and had already played 21 games in the NHL (thus eliminating him). That does not support your point.

Not to mention that Raycroft and Mason played in a highly defensive system (I don't know about Carey) that were the reasons for their success, and Reimer played in the opposite.
So apparently accomplishments don't make a difference anymore.

Not to mention you asked for one. You got three.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:02 PM
ginner classic

Quote:

Not to mention that Raycroft and Mason played in a highly defensive system (I don't know about Carey), and Reimer played in the opposite.
Raycroft looked pretty good when you guys gave up Rask for him and had won the calder in his first year. Carey won a Vezina in his first year. Mason won Calder and was in contention for Vezina. What did Reimer do again?

And that was not all the names in NHL history....just the names I could rattle off the top of my head in ten seconds (Neuvirth ....oops there's another one....Holtby....there's another....)

Old
11-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:

That was a joke, right? He finished 2nd in Vezina voting that year. And 4th in HART.

http://fromtherink.sbnprivate.com/20...-awards-voting

Old
11-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I don't give a crap about the Leafs. Why would I lie? I got the trophy wrong, that's all.
Funny, since you are seemingly in every single Leaf thread stating flimsy comments to bash them.

You got the trophy wrong is right. There was absolutely zero chance he would win the Hart or the Vezina.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Funny, since you are seemingly in every single Leaf thread stating flimsy comments to bash them.

You got the trophy wrong is right. There was absolutely zero chance he would win the Hart or the Vezina.
I said he got consideration. He was 4th in Hart voting, and 2nd in Vezina voting. For a rookie goaltender that's pretty spectacular.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Your perception is off.

Quote:
It doesn't matter that he didn't have a realistic shot at winning either, with the years Thomas and some of the forwards had. It was said that he received consideration, and he did, considerably, and factually (more than any other goalie except for Thomas did for the Vezina, and more than any other goalie did for the Hart). Whether you decide to ignore that is beyond the point.

Closed Thread