HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Lockout thread #2: mediation done - no progress

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Yeah, it's so awesome. Antagonizing the other side always leads to a resolution. Always.

Old
11-19-2012, 03:15 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Sorry but that's full of epic WIN!
Sorry but that's full of epic STUPIDITY!!!!
Do you even understand why it's stupid and immature of them to do that? Eh, probably not.

Old
11-19-2012, 03:22 PM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Sorry but that's full of epic STUPIDITY!!!!
Do you even understand why it's stupid and immature of them to do that? Eh, probably not.
Yes I do see the immaturity of doing it,but at the same time I hate Gary Bettman with a passion.

No lockout in the NHL's history until Gary Bettman came along.Now we've had 3 lockouts during Bettman's term as commissioner.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to get the message that Bettman needs to be canned.

Last edited by oilersfan11: 11-19-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old
11-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
"BizNasty" represents everything that's wrong with professional sports. Look at the lifestyle he lives in comparison to the actual work he puts in. It's absurd.

Livin' dat lifestyle.
I've never understood the BizNasty love. I don't find him funny or interesting at all.
Quote:
Yes I do see the immaturity of doing it,but at the same time I hate Gary Bettman with a passion.
Don't hate Gary, hate the owners. He's just doing their bidding.

Old
11-19-2012, 03:38 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Either way what Whitney has said is just par for what guys like Lupul and BizNasty have done just ***** and complain. They haven't officially comes out and made objectionalble comments about Bettman to the media.
Whitney is one of those guys that just should not have a Twitter account. All he has ever really done on there is brag about himself and get mad at anyone who has anything less than a great opinion of him.

Old
11-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:

No lockout in the NHL's history until Gary Bettman came along.Now we've had 3 lockouts during Bettman's term as commissioner.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to get the message that Bettman needs to be canned.
You know that without Bettman's interjection the Oilers would have left town right?

Old
11-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
"BizNasty" represents everything that's wrong with professional sports. Look at the lifestyle he lives in comparison to the actual work he puts in. It's absurd.

Livin' dat lifestyle.
Yeah I don't think it's for a lack of effort for BizNasty. Clearly he put in enough effort to make it to that level. He just doesn't have the skill to survive long in the NHL.

Old
11-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:

So even with say Sid Vicious as the NHL comission do you really think there wouldn't have been any lockouts ove rhte past couple of decades?

Old
11-19-2012, 03:46 PM
CupofOil

Quote:

Bettman is a puppet for the owners. They tell him to jump and he says how high so those who blame Bettman entirely for the lockouts needs a reality check. Bettman also did all he could to keep your Oilers in town otherwise, you would be following the Houston Oilers hockey version.
He definitely has his faults (mainly the failed relocations/expansions to the sun belt) but he is not entirely at fault for the lockouts.

IMO, the players are coming off worse in this whole thing with their insults of the other side and general whining. These are guys who are making millions because of the evil owners and the evil little man in charge, they need to gain some perspective before spouting with their anti-Bettman propoganda. What other league will pay Versteeg the ridiculous amount of money that the NHL pays him? He needs a serious dose of reality.
Also, It doesn't do anything but hurt the negotiation process.

Old
11-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:

An entirely simplistic analyst of NHL labor history which was typically tyrannical, and ofttimes outright criminal. It brings with it a lot of history of ill-will, and is a major contributor to acrimonious relationship between the NHL owners and the PA.

Regardless, lockouts/strikes are common when it comes to unions of any profession, and are less an issue with Bettman's agendas and more just the realities of doing business in pro sports around North America right now.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:36 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
So even with say Stone Cold Steve Austin as the NHL comission do you really think there wouldn't have been any lockouts ove rhte past couple of decades?

No ,I don't think there would've been any lockouts.

You see what I did there!

Old
11-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Blue And Orange
#KevinLoweMustGo

Quote:
So even with say Sid Vicious as the NHL comission do you really think there wouldn't have been any lockouts ove rhte past couple of decades?
Nope cuz Sid Vicious would threaten to bash the players' head with his guitar instead of locking players out!

Old
11-19-2012, 04:44 PM
oilersfan11

If you think Stone Cold Steve Austin would've prevented all the NHL lockouts from happening.....give me a HELL YA!

Fans response:Hell Ya!

My god I miss the old WWF.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken

Quote:
If you think Stone Cold Steve Austin would've prevented all the lockouts from happening.....give me a HELL YA!

Fans response:Hell Ya!

My god I miss the old WWF.
, the age difference is a little noticeable. Don't forget, everyone's at fault for this mess.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:02 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 5496
Quote:
Yeah, it's so awesome. Antagonizing the other side always leads to a resolution. Always.
Maybe the owners should have thought of that when they made their ridiculous 43% proposal?

Old
11-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Maybe the owners should have thought of that when they made their ridiculous 43% proposal?
I guess, if this keeps going, they might get that.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:18 PM
jsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Whitney is one of those guys that just should not have a Twitter account. All he has ever really done on there is brag about himself and get mad at anyone who has anything less than a great opinion of him.
I replied to one of his tweets last week, and got a response. I don't know what your talking about.......

‏@ryanwhitney6:

So the NHL wants to take a 2 week break from negotiating. Not even just 1, let's take 2. Makes sense. What's the rush?....WTF?!
--------------------
@nX_jsho:

@ryanwhitney6 what's the rush? The sooner you get back to playing, the sooner you're just going to get injured again.
--------------------
@ryanwhitney6

@nX_jsho nice of ya you ****ing idiot

Old
11-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
I replied to one of his tweets last week, and got a response. I don't know what your talking about.......

‏@ryanwhitney6:

So the NHL wants to take a 2 week break from negotiating. Not even just 1, let's take 2. Makes sense. What's the rush?....WTF?!
--------------------
@nX_jsho:

@ryanwhitney6 what's the rush? The sooner you get back to playing, the sooner you're just going to get injured again.
--------------------
@ryanwhitney6

This crap is another reason the NHL is going to hell in a hand basket. Players on social media responding back to fans of the same club they play for like this(humor)shows there is not loyalty with them. People my age(50"s) are getiing to the point that we cannot stand the classlessness of the league and players(not all of them).

Alas, life goes on. I say that the NHL has ****ed over the fans once too often. We'll see.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

Quote:

‏@ryanwhitney6:

--------------------
@nX_jsho:

--------------------
@ryanwhitney6

hahahaha, that's awesome!

Old
11-19-2012, 05:50 PM
jadeddog

Quote:

‏@ryanwhitney6:

--------------------
@nX_jsho:

--------------------
@ryanwhitney6

so you were a complete jackarse to somebody that you don't know and were somehow surprised by his response? yeah *he* is the guy with the problem... wow, some people.... would you say this to an athletes face? of course not, why do you get real tough when using twitter? again, just, wow

Old
11-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:

‏@ryanwhitney6:

--------------------
@nX_jsho:

--------------------
@ryanwhitney6

I saw that, made me laugh.

I replied to that tweet too, he never bothered getting back to me though

Old
11-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
so you were a complete jackarse to somebody that you don't know and were somehow surprised by his response? yeah *he* is the guy with the problem... wow, some people.... would you say this to an athletes face? of course not, why do you get real tough when using twitter? again, just, wow
Bah, its the same here, or anywhere on the internet.

But heres the deal. One person is just an anonymous poster. The other might actually be a public highly paid figure and who is paid to be that positive figure to the community as well as a hockey player on the ice and who supposedly understands that one of the aspects of his handsome pay is to represent his org, logo, team, in the best possible light.

If this IS Whitney he can't be gone from our lineup fast enough imho.

If I was a sth I'd be tempted to make a sign that said. "Whitney **** you you idiot" (well I wouldn't really, but I might want to, but I think of the kids..)

Old
11-19-2012, 06:30 PM
AM

Quote:

Or maybe the NHLPA needs to get canned...it takes two to tango and we need the owners.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:47 PM
#ualberta

Regardless of what happens in today meeting my position is talking is better then not talking

Old
11-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Hah, Brendan Shanahan is part of the NHL contingent tonight. Now he gets to see what it's like from the other side of the table. After all of his ridiculous comments during the 2004/2005 lockout... this should be amusing.

Closed Thread