HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Regular Season (4-7)

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2012, 05:47 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jflory81
New England's defense is owning Luck right now. 2 pick 6's...45-17 early in the 4th. Good day results wise so far for the Bills. Only the Bengals won (and really who expected KC to win that game) and San Diego and Indy both down big.

Pittsburgh losing tonight would certainly be a nice capper.

Old
11-18-2012, 06:04 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
New England's defense is owning Luck right now. 2 pick 6's...45-17 early in the 4th. Good day results wise so far for the Bills. Only the Bengals won (and really who expected KC to win that game) and San Diego and Indy both down big.

Pittsburgh losing tonight would certainly be a nice capper.
Yes it would.

Man, if the Bills had won either the Tennessee or New England game...next week's matchup against at Indy would have been for a wild card spot...

Old
11-18-2012, 10:43 PM
johnjm22

Steelers, Colts and Chargers all lose. Good for us.

Teams we need to catch:
Colts 6-4
Steelers 6-4
Bengals 5-5

A win next week and we could find ourselves 1 game out of a playoff spot, with our next two games against Jacksonville and St. Louis.

Old
11-19-2012, 01:35 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Yes it would.

Man, if the Bills had won either the Tennessee or New England game...next week's matchup against at Indy would have been for a wild card spot...
If they won those 2 games they would e a division leader right now...or tied anyway.

Old
11-19-2012, 01:40 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

You can do all the analyzing you want but the Bills have the easiest schedule left of all the teams from 4-6 to 6-4. The Indy game will tell us every story. They win and getting in is a very realistic thought. They lose, they probably cant win a tiebreaker with PIT or anyone.

I suddenly just got scared about the Jacksonville game....

Miami doesn't scare me but the fact it's in Miami makes it tough.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:53 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

ROOM FOR HOPE(if win Sunday)

http://wgr550.com/Bills-Playoff-Chan...-Mora/14821026

Quote:
As you well know, the Bills are now in the "favorable" portion of the schedule. Their remaining opponents have a combined winning percentage of just .400(24-35-1):
Indianapolis (6-4)
Jacksonville (1-9)
St. Louis (3-6-1)
Seattle (6-4)
Miami (4-6)
NY Jets (4-6)

If you believe the Bills won't be able to win enough games to make a run at a playoff spot, despite that schedule, its probably based on the fact their defense is one of the worst in the NFL. But keep in mind they will face some of the league's worst offenses the rest of the way. Check out the rankings of their opponents, based on average points scored per game(these were the rankings going into week eleven):
Indianapolis 22nd
Jacksonville 32nd
St. Louis 28th
Seattle 23rd
Miami 25th
NY Jets 24th

Here are the Quarterbacks they will face and their respective ratings going into week eleven:
Andrew Luck 26th
Blaine Gabbert 28th
Sam Bradford 19th
Russell Wilson 12th
Ryan Tannehill 29th
Mark Sanchez 30th

Here are the rankings for the opposing defenses, again based on average points per game and also going into week eleven:
Indianapolis 15th
Jacksonville 26th
St. Louis 19th
Seattle 4th
Miami 8th
NY Jets 24th
I'm shocked, for all the drooling over Luck he's not that great overall supposibly.

If this defense proved last week they owned a bad offense/QB then hopefully that means thats how the last 6 will go. Going up against 2 top defenses, the rest suck. Really i'm not that impressed with Miami though. Bills moved the ball with ease. They sadly just found ways to beat themselves from TD's. It was apparent Gailey called a conservative game(especially in the 2nd half)

Now is the D's time to SHINE and for STUPID MARIO and co. to show their worth in cash. No juggernauts.

Old
11-19-2012, 07:07 AM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
ROOM FOR HOPE(if win Sunday)

http://wgr550.com/Bills-Playoff-Chan...-Mora/14821026

I'm shocked, for all the drooling over Luck he's not that great overall supposibly.

If this defense proved last week they owned a bad offense/QB then hopefully that means thats how the last 6 will go. Going up against 2 top defenses, the rest suck. Really i'm not that impressed with Miami though. Bills moved the ball with ease. They sadly just found ways to beat themselves from TD's. It was apparent Gailey called a conservative game(especially in the 2nd half)

Now is the D's time to SHINE and for STUPID MARIO and co. to show their worth in cash. No juggernauts.
He has his team in a playoff spot as a rookie qb after the team he's guiding now **** the bed last year. Throw stats out the window, give me wins. That is GREAT overall. And supposedly, not supposibly.

Old
11-19-2012, 08:48 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

I'd like them to win 2 games in a row before I start thinking about playoffs.

Also, I hate that 'playoffs' is even uttered about a 4-6 team. One more thing I hate about the current NFL.

Old
11-19-2012, 12:34 PM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

vCash: 200
It will be interesting to see how Kaepernick plays tonight...Future Buffalo Bills Starting Quarterback ?

Old
11-19-2012, 01:42 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Football Talk
In Buffalo, the search is on for a franchise quarterback. Which means that the current quarterback, Ryan Fitzpatrick, will likely be dumped before he earns another $3 million in March.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...the-offseason/

^ That article lists QB's that might be available next off season. Some of them are pretty far fetched IMO. No mention of Kaepernick. Personally I think Fitzpatrick will still be with the Bills next season.

Old
11-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Pondslider

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...the-offseason/

^ That article lists QB's that might be available next off season. Some of them are pretty far fetched IMO. No mention of Kaepernick. Personally I think Fitzpatrick will still be with the Bills next season.
They have spoken a lot about drafting a guy and how well rookies are playing around the league. It sounds like they want to draft someone to start right away but they probably won't have a shot at getting that guy in this draft, so I'm fairly worried that they are going to jettison Fitzpatrick to save $3 million because they reached for a guy that probably isn't the answer but will have to get another 3 years to see if he can develop. I have no faith that Nix and Gailey can find a guy and develop him.

Old
11-19-2012, 02:37 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondslider View Post
They have spoken a lot about drafting a guy and how well rookies are playing around the league. It sounds like they want to draft someone to start right away but they probably won't have a shot at getting that guy in this draft, so I'm fairly worried that they are going to jettison Fitzpatrick to save $3 million because they reached for a guy that probably isn't the answer but will have to get another 3 years to see if he can develop. I have no faith that Nix and Gailey can find a guy and develop him.
It depends on how Fitz plays from here on out. If finishes out the season strong, I think they'll keep him, and draft a QB.

Fitzpatrick currently has a an 87.0 passer rating, which is 15th best in the league and ahead of, or as good as, guys like Rivers, Flacco, Romo, Palmer, Bradford, Stafford, E. Manning, Cutler, Vick, Newton and Luck. This will be Fitzpatrciks 3rd straight 3000+ yard season.

Old
11-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Pondslider

Quote:
It depends on how Fitz plays from here on out. If finishes out the season strong, I think they'll keep him, and draft a QB.

Fitzpatrick currently has a an 87.0 passer rating, which is 15th best in the league and ahead of, or as good as, guys like Rivers, Flacco, Romo, Palmer, Bradford, Stafford, E. Manning, Cutler, Vick, Newton and Luck. This will be Fitzpatrciks 3rd straight 3000+ yard season.
If the $3 million is an issue then I think Gailey will be happy to start his illegitimate son, Tyler "Bulltetproof" Thigpen, over Fitzpatrick IF they decide that whatever guy they draft isn't ready.

Old
11-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:

Those stats mean nothing if he continues to make huge mistakes late in games that completely turns the game around.

Old
11-19-2012, 03:35 PM
DanielEtvs
stuck on stoopid

This silly youtube Vid with Jim Kelly and Marv reminds me of the good old Glory days of our Bills. sighhhh, I fear theyre gone forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To8e24stUEc

Old
11-19-2012, 04:38 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

The way this offense is constructed where they should RUN FIRST i'm not sure if you draft a franchise QB for that. You draft them for their arm and skill.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:39 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
I'd like them to win 2 games in a row before I start thinking about playoffs.

Also, I hate that 'playoffs' is even uttered about a 4-6 team. One more thing I hate about the current NFL.
Why not? 10-6 is possible and they can get that and its been the school of thought for making the playoffs for like 20 years

Old
11-19-2012, 04:42 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrothorne View Post
He has his team in a playoff spot as a rookie qb after the team he's guiding now **** the bed last year. Throw stats out the window, give me wins. That is GREAT overall. And supposedly, not supposibly.
I have a hard time being impressed. I'm not into calling teams out but I think Indy sucked hardcore on purpose. I don'tr think they were as bad as their Peytonless season record showed.

Aside from Green Bay(who was terrible at the time) who have they beaten? Minnesota was an okay win but they remind me of last years Bills, great start but will stink by the time it's over.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:23 PM
buffswords

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/189...ills-Leave-WNY

Old
11-19-2012, 06:58 PM
McTank

9-7 is possible, that could even squeeze them into the playoffs

Old
11-19-2012, 07:18 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
9-7 is possible, that could even squeeze them into the playoffs
What makes you think this team can go 5-1?

People just assume the Bills will beat other average to below average teams, when in reality the Bills are below average. Homerism at its finest.

Old
11-19-2012, 07:35 PM
whiplash

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
What makes you think this team can go 5-1?

People just assume the Bills will beat other average to below average teams, when in reality the Bills are below average. Homerism at its finest.
We don't assume anything but it's a possibility for the team and since they're OUR TEAM, we like to think they can do it. Sue us.

Would have been nice if Cincy had lost but the rest of the outcomes were pretty favorable. Of course we gots to care of business first. Let's kick Indy when they're down

Old
11-19-2012, 07:37 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffswords View Post
Just a rehash of every other Bills relocation story over the last 5 years.

Nothing new.

Old
11-19-2012, 07:39 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Why not? 10-6 is possible and they can get that and its been the school of thought for making the playoffs for like 20 years
Hey, I'm all for it if they can actually pull it off. It's a tough sell from 4-6 to run the table.

I'm just tired of losing teams being in the conversation, and .500 teams winning divisions.

Old
11-19-2012, 08:02 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Well Colin Kaepernick looks amazing against the Bears today.

Closed Thread