HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

OT: The Walking Dead

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-12-2012, 07:36 PM
  #576
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings
 
Psycho Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 10,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
He's not hallucinating himself into a state of disillusion where he becomes possessed killing anyone he can blame for Loris death is he... Thanks for the heads-up though. I heard the writer has strayed quite a bit from the main plot but it still has the same twists and overall direction?
Yup, there are some plot points which are too gory for TV, so their goal is to write new events which are as disturbing but more visually acceptable. Also to adapt the plot to the non-comic characters.

I loathed Season 2, mostly because they were tied to the farm and really ran out of plot too quickly, but Season 3 is showing that we're in good hands here.

Don't read Diamondillium's spoiler, people.

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:43 PM
  #577
T-Funk
Registered User
 
T-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,964
vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
Yup, there are some plot points which are too gory for TV, so their goal is to write new events which are as disturbing but more visually acceptable. Also to adapt the plot to the non-comic characters.

I loathed Season 2, mostly because they were tied to the farm and really ran out of plot too quickly, but Season 3 is showing that we're in good hands here.

Don't read Diamondillium's spoiler, people.
I was really worried they would spend all season looking for formula. Luckily that did not happen.

Oh and Andrea is the dumbest most annoying character on the show. I'm pretty sure she has the IQ of a shrub.

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 11:39 PM
  #578
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?
 
RipsADrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Anybody else watch tonight's episode?

Sets up for what looks to be a crazy good show next week.

Most annoying part of the episode is how Glenn and Maggie let a guy who has proven himself to be dangerous and unreliable take them captive while having two guns trained on him... I thought Glenn at least was supposed to be competent.

(Andrea was another annoying part but that's pretty much a given.)

RipsADrive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 11:43 PM
  #579
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
Anybody else watch tonight's episode?

Sets up for what looks to be a crazy good show next week.

Most annoying part of the episode is how Glenn and Maggie let a guy who has proven himself to be dangerous and unreliable take them captive while having two guns trained on him... I thought Glenn at least was supposed to be competent.

(Andrea was another annoying part but that's pretty much a given.)
Solid episode. Looks like Rick has reconciled his loss after going bat **** crazy briefly. Glenn is smart at planning but lacklustre in action. Guy is soft and nieve. Michonne on the other hand is super bad ass and in the process of what I view as starting a war. Her and Merle both. The governor and his true intentions are yet to fully reveal themselves with is quite intriguing.


Last edited by Grod: 11-18-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 09:16 AM
  #580
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it
 
Neilio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Looks like Rick has reconciled his loss after going bat **** crazy briefly.
I think the phone actually helped Rick deal with things. On the surface, it seems like he's cracking, but its his way of coping.

Neilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 06:22 PM
  #581
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilio View Post
I think the phone actually helped Rick deal with things. On the surface, it seems like he's cracking, but its his way of coping.
Precisely. That's exactly the case. As I mentioned it certainly helped him reconcile with his losses. It's almost too bad because I thought he would try avenging his wife's death in a dillusional state... He definitely has accepted the reality and recognized the responsibility of two other precious lives he needed to raise and defend.

It looks like there will be complete anarchy amongst the two communities now though...

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 07:27 PM
  #582
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Precisely. That's exactly the case. As I mentioned it certainly helped him reconcile with his losses. It's almost too bad because I thought he would try avenging his wife's death in a dillusional state... He definitely has accepted the reality and recognized the responsibility of two other precious lives he needed to raise and defend.

It looks like there will be complete anarchy amongst the two communities now though...
Looks like Ricks community is outmanned, outgunned, and outmatched. They need some new players, injury, deaths, and attrition, and they're looking like the Apocalpypse Oilers.

They need to sign up that free agent, Michonne, and a few other players to stand a chance..

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 09:27 PM
  #583
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Looks like Ricks community is outmanned, outgunned, and outmatched. They need some new players, injury, deaths, and attrition, and they're looking like the Apocalpypse Oilers.

They need to sign up that free agent, Michonne, and a few other players to stand a chance..
Well judging by the shot of that rookie on the wall in last nights episode and fine fore coming acquisition of Michonne as she just pulled a Schultz on her drafting colony, I think the apocalypse Oilers have some solid prospects.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 09:34 PM
  #584
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Well judging by the shot of that rookie on the wall in last nights episode and fine fore coming acquisition of Michonne as she just pulled a Schultz on her drafting colony, I think the apocalypse Oilers have some solid prospects.
My thoughts exactly.

Michonne has all the attributes to shore up what could be a more attractive back end. Should make for some better viewing.

I'm fine with losing Andrea to an offseason player raid. Let her see her mistakes stack up for an opponent for a change, can't wait till we play her.

I'm a little worried though, Tball, one of our power forwards is down for the count, Rick playing injured, not everybody playing on the same team and Glen is a weak link that I expect leads to our downfall.

WE need to work on our D. Too many of them walkers getting scoring chances.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 09:51 PM
  #585
misfit
Moderator
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...everything
Posts: 15,573
vCash: 50
Michonne and Daryl are franchise players, and Axel and Oscar are rookies to the zombie apocalypse but show some promise. However, the Woodburry squad has far more depth.

It could all come down to coaching and who gets home ice advantage. The Governor seems like the Mike Keanan type who rules with fear, whereas Rick is more a players' coach who has been fighting side by side with his group over the winter and has the respect of those he commands.

__________________
If you are offended by this post, it's probably because you're ugly.
misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 10:23 PM
  #586
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
 
Diamondillium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,412
vCash: 50
One impartant note is injuries. Carol is out for at least a few games, and it looks like T-Dog is retiring after that career-ending injury. Then there's Hershell, who will basically be a pilon on D until he can find a way to make up for his speed lost by his most recent injury.

That being said, Woodburry faced a lot of injuries recently too, one even being at the hands of their own team goon, Merle. Woodburry has more than enough depth to make up for it though. That being said, with underperforming vets such as bow woman, we might be seeing an upset from team prison.

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:00 PM
  #587
Baggers
Registered User
 
Baggers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Thailand
Posts: 1,527
vCash: 500
Hershel = Jason Strudwick

Baggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:25 PM
  #588
JSC
Registered Sniper
 
JSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Can't forget about the top prospect Carl. Could step in and contribute right away IMO.

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:32 PM
  #589
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Can't forget about the top prospect Carl. Could step in and contribute right away IMO.
Fearless and not afraid to use his accurate shot. Also made his defence partner Daryl look like a wannabe wimp on Sunday..Carl is one bad ass prospect.

I'm expecting big things from Carl. Could be the next one. The other really new prospect is way too young and still stinking out the joint. Needs regular protection, changes, has limited mobility, and has trouble focusing. kind of reminds me of Teubert.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:33 PM
  #590
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
 
Diamondillium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,412
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Can't forget about the top prospect Carl. Could step in and contribute right away IMO.
I'd keep him in the minors for a bit longer personally. Recently he's been getting the Gagner treatment and has been prematurely rushed into the big games. No need to rush a potential franchise player.

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:36 PM
  #591
Daneo21
Registered User
 
Daneo21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 687
vCash: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Can't forget about the top prospect Carl. Could step in and contribute right away IMO.
Gotta admit, the kids got skill.. but i guess the question that needs to be answered "is he ready for the big leagues?"

Hes been doing great in the minors against the walkers but now it comes down to, does he have what it takes to keep up with the big boys

Daneo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:40 PM
  #592
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
 
Diamondillium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,412
vCash: 50
What are your guys' thoughts about the most recent draftee, Little Ass Kicker? Traded Lori to get a top pick in the draft, looks like they could be the real deal, only time will tell.

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:55 PM
  #593
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
What are your guys' thoughts about the most recent draftee, Little Ass Kicker? Traded Lori to get a top pick in the draft, looks like they could be the real deal, only time will tell.
Yeah unfortunately she seems to be along ways from the show at this stage. Although the pedigree and top notch potential are both there. Hard to believe Karl was such a strong believer in dealing one of the vets, his roomie and at one time also best friend Shane for this top prospect. Solid move for the future as Shane and Lori were becoming more of a liability than players to count on any more.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 12:11 AM
  #594
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
My thoughts exactly.

Michonne has all the attributes to shore up what could be a more attractive back end. Should make for some better viewing.

I'm fine with losing Andrea to an offseason player raid. Let her see her mistakes stack up for an opponent for a change, can't wait till we play her.

I'm a little worried though, Tball, one of our power forwards is down for the count, Rick playing injured, not everybody playing on the same team and Glen is a weak link that I expect leads to our downfall.

WE need to work on our D. Too many of them walkers getting scoring chances.
Yeah I think Herschel needs to really step up his strategy and make sure his squad is ready for what could be a very pivotal game next Sunday. Focus on keeping the team together, well positioned, always advancing and their engines running instead of trying to leg It out in the walkers backyard.

Rick has really gotta take the reins back as the team leader in points and captain. He's been plagued with a bit of an injury lately but see,s to have regained focus after being taken out of last game when he went on a solid scoring clinic at the Cell Arena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Can't forget about the top prospect Carl. Could step in and contribute right away IMO.
There's no question he's ready. He really demonstrated a nose for the net and willingness to sacrifice something to score. A little undersized but like Hopkins, his elite skill, hard work ethic, great vision and high IQ all make up for that. I'd look for him to put some important points and continue his hot scoring streak. Especially after making Daryl look like a rookie out of the Flames system the other night. As Replace,met pointed out, it was surely not unnoticed. All that after seeing Daryl prove himself as the most natural sniper in the league. The guy is just a level above everyone at times out there. He breathes the game.

It's really going to be a matter of containing Merle. He is a real menace out there. Not too mention that they will need to hit hard and try to eliminate the governor from his optimal scoring chances. An effort to convince their opponents kindly then infiltrate their walls would be a good start. Something of a Trojan sort of attack maybe.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 12:18 AM
  #595
JSC
Registered Sniper
 
JSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Yeah I think Herschel needs to really step up his strategy and make sure his squad is ready for what could be a very pivotal game next Sunday. Focus on keeping the team together, well positioned, always advancing and their engines running instead of trying to leg It out in the walkers backyard.

Rick has really gotta take the reins back as the team leader in points and captain. He's been plagued with a bit of an injury lately but see,s to have regained focus after being taken out of last game when he went on a solid scoring clinic at the Cell Arena.



There's no question he's ready. He really demonstrated a nose for the net and willingness to sacrifice something to score. A little undersized but like Hopkins, his elite skill, hard work ethic, great vision and high IQ all make up for that. I'd look for him to put some important points and continue his hot scoring streak. Especially after making Daryl look like a rookie out of the Flames system the other night. As Replace,met pointed out, it was surely not unnoticed. All that after seeing Daryl prove himself as the most natural sniper in the league. The guy is just a level above everyone at times out there. He breathes the game.

It's really going to be a matter of containing Merle. He is a real menace out there. Not too mention that they will need to hit hard and try to eliminate the governor from his optimal scoring chances. An effort to convince their opponents kindly then infiltrate their walls would be a good start. Something of a Trojan sort of attack maybe.
Merle's a toss up. Has heart but no hands

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 12:26 AM
  #596
The Imp
Registered User
 
The Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
What are your guys' thoughts about the most recent draftee, Little Ass Kicker? Traded Lori to get a top pick in the draft, looks like they could be the real deal, only time will tell.
I think it'll be a while before she contributes in any tangible way. She'll make herself heard in the room, though. Could be an important source of inspiration.

The Imp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 12:46 AM
  #597
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,256
vCash: 8345
This show is so depraved and into shocking people I could see a walker eating the baby in the season finale.

Rick will then spend the first three episodes of next season talking to a bike tire.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 02:31 AM
  #598
BFDBFD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Country: Indonesia
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
I think it'll be a while before she contributes in any tangible way. She'll make herself heard in the room, though. Could be an important source of inspiration.
I don't want to derail the thread, really -- I just want to say the stuff you guys are posting is hilarious!



I'm glad we sent Michonne that DVD highlighting the various attractions the prison has to offer - we all know it's been hard to attract high-quality free agents.

BFDBFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 02:43 AM
  #599
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
 
Diamondillium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,412
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFDBFD View Post
I don't want to derail the thread, really -- I just want to say the stuff you guys are posting is hilarious!



I'm glad we sent Michonne that DVD highlighting the various attractions the prison has to offer - we all know it's been hard to attract high-quality free agents.
I think it's got more to do with her wanting to play along top level stars such as Daryl and Rick, while having a great future crop of Carl, Little Ass Kicker, Axel, and Oscar to play alongside. She realized the team's potential and ran with it. She wasn't being used in the right role back in Woodburry anyway. In the role she played in there, I would have been pleasantly surprised if her production was even mediocre.

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 12:16 PM
  #600
shogun99
Registered User
 
shogun99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Is it true that Carl was born in Cole Harbour?

shogun99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.