HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nazem Kadri Talk V13: Mod warning in OP.

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2012, 11:18 PM
4evaBlue
Corsi != Possession

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
His offense isn't the problem.
When people talk of consistency, in most cases, it means offense (and more specifically, offensive production). It is the most easily measured facet, after all. His offensive contribution isn't any/much less consistent than most NHL players'.

As for other areas of his game, as long as he's putting the effort in game in and game out, it should be enough to make the jump to the NHL. Having only seen one Marlies game so far this season, I can't really comment on that aspect.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:25 PM
4evaBlue
Corsi != Possession

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
great charts man, great job, did you make them, or find them
I would say he is ready for most part, but I disagree on the part that consistency is overrated, and I am a huge fan of kadri
Yes, I whipped up the charts a while ago to confirm my suspicions about our lack of secondary scoring, and how extremely streaky they were last season.

Consistency in effort is critical, but that doesn't always translate to consistency in production.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:28 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
When people talk of consistency, in most cases, it means offense (and more specifically, offensive production). It is the most easily measured facet, after all. His offensive contribution isn't any/much less consistent than most NHL players'.

As for other areas of his game, as long as he's putting the effort in game in and game out, it should be enough to make the jump to the NHL. Having only seen one Marlies game so far this season, I can't really comment on that aspect.
No one has ever questioned Kadri's offensive ability. Sure people around here but let's be real.. It's never been his offense that's the problem. No you can't measure his other areas but we all know he still needs to work on his decision making and his defense. That isn't going to change. Staying a full season in the AHL with Eakins and having one person in his ear all season will really help him. It'll help all the Marlies.

There's no pressure on Kadri right now to produce at a super high level to make the Leafs. He's producing at a super high level to help the Marlies and that is where his focus should be.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:41 PM
4evaBlue
Corsi != Possession

Quote:
No one has ever questioned Kadri's offensive ability. Sure people around here but let's be real.. It's never been his offense that's the problem. No you can't measure his other areas but we all know he still needs to work on his decision making and his defense. That isn't going to change. Staying a full season in the AHL with Eakins and having one person in his ear all season will really help him. It'll help all the Marlies.

There's no pressure on Kadri right now to produce at a super high level to make the Leafs. He's producing at a super high level to help the Marlies and that is where his focus should be.
And there's been marked improvements in his defensive game, and decision making every time he's been called up, so I don't believe that was the major reason behind him being yo-yo'd back and forth. Sure, there's room for improvement in his defensive game, but the same could be said for 90%+ of NHL players.

If Wilson was still at the helm, I'd agree with you that staying with Eakins would be the better choice to work on his defensive game. With Carlyle, though... Who knows.

Old
11-20-2012, 01:01 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
And there's been marked improvements in his defensive game, and decision making every time he's been called up, so I don't believe that was the major reason behind him being yo-yo'd back and forth. Sure, there's room for improvement in his defensive game, but the same could be said for 90%+ of NHL players.

If Wilson was still at the helm, I'd agree with you that staying with Eakins would be the better choice to work on his defensive game. With Carlyle, though... Who knows.
That's just it though.. Everything's changed on the Leafs now with Carlyle there. That's why I just want one person in his ear for a full year and let him get a complete game together. You know Carlyle and Eakins are working together right now to get these guys ready for the majors. Not like there will be a season anyways..

Old
11-20-2012, 01:17 AM
Looney Toonies

Pumped he got the AHL player of the week, hopefully he can build on this and start something special.

Old
11-20-2012, 03:55 AM
4evaBlue
Corsi != Possession

Quote:
That's just it though.. Everything's changed on the Leafs now with Carlyle there. That's why I just want one person in his ear for a full year and let him get a complete game together. You know Carlyle and Eakins are working together right now to get these guys ready for the majors. Not like there will be a season anyways..
Fair enough.

At the moment, things aren't looking too encouraging with the CBA negotiations, so this debate is pretty hypothetical.

As for one person barking direction in his ear, absolutely spot on. Either call him up full time, and have Carlyle preach at him, or let him spend the entire season with the Marlies with Eakins. Either option is better than this back and forth crap he's been through.

Old
11-20-2012, 05:30 AM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
Perhaps we should hold more players accountable instead of blind adoration?
We could also try waiting at least 20 games.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:39 AM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Oh I'm sorry, I don't recall saying that someone saying he'll be great wasn't a misinformed opinion. You're automatically assigning me to one extreme because I spoke out against the other, and in doing so creating a false dichotomy, where you apparently have to be pro-legend-Kadri or pro-bust-Kadri, for some weird reason. Why?
you spoke out vehemently against one "extreme", yet you ignore the other. why?

the answer is simple. you don't like hearing the "bust" opinion, but you like hearing the "he'll-be-great" opinion.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
guys did you read my post, I said IMO, calm down
frankie calm down, I said IMO
of course its your opinion, everyone knows that. sort of goes without saying.

Closed Thread