HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 Dynasty Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Thomazo

vCash: 500

my Kings lineup at the start of the 2013-14 playoffs:

Carter86-Richards87-St.Louis87
Williams82-Kopitar88-Iginla85
Penner80-Stoll82-Gaunce77(4.5*yellow potential)
Parse74-Fraser74-(forgot name)74

Shattenkirk85-Doughty88
Giordano85-Voynov82
Mitchell81-Greene81

Quick88
Bernier82

1st yeart i didn't meet the owners reguirements so now i have to make it to at least conference finals.played about 1/3 of the first season and simulating the second.i won the western conference and missed the presidents trophy by 2 points(won by Carolina).so,im up against St.Louis Blues at the first round of the playoffs.

Old
11-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Benzy19

Ottawa Senators now the Stanley Cup champions 4 years in a row all simmed.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:19 AM
emackulate

The weirdest thing happened while playing bagm. It's like year 2016/17 and I get offered m.a fleury for a couple of firsts for that years draft. He still elite at 87 but at 6.8 million. It's not bad but I already have a 4.5 star goalie in his second year who is already an 83. So inevitably I decline but as I do so I take a quick look at the roster. Here's the weird part. Well not weird but an issue with the AI. Crosby is no longer on the penguins. Initially I thought maybe he retired or something even at age 30 or whatever. But after going through all the teams, he now plays for Philly. And it looks like they didn't even trade much if anything at all for him. So now Philly has giroux, schenn, couturier (who I bumped to 4.5 stars) and now Crosby =S. Do you guys know how this is even possible? Not so much a trade between these two teams but a player with a full trade bar gets traded for scraps?

I can't check how it happened because i didn't notice until I got offered that trade proposal so it might be too late. I'm gonna try and take a picture and show you guys because this is easily the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:21 AM
n00bxQb

I think I'm probably 2-3 days away from completing my custom rosters for my dynasty.

Been working on them for damn near a month

Old
11-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Metalcommand

Haven't played the game in a few months, any patches etc. that have improved the simulation speed?

Old
11-19-2012, 12:01 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalcommand View Post
Haven't played the game in a few months, any patches etc. that have improved the simulation speed?
Nope. Still stupidly slow. It takes me like, 2 hours to sim a season while managing lines/injuries/scouting, tracking point totals, etc.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Benzy19

My Stanley Cup streak is now at 5, however my team is slowly getting worst, winning less and less games during the season. Spezza is officially on the downfall at 37 years old, he dropped to an 88 overall even getting a PPG. My wingers are set as I have two 88s and two 86s. But at center I only have an 84(other than Spezza) with no good prospects at center. Not sure if I should trade Spezza this year as he's value is only gonna fall.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Stasis
Mad Decent

Just re-discovering this thread. It's good to know I'm not the only one who's hating the sim times. It's insane how tedious that is. Is it like this on both consoles, or is this just a PS3 thing? I've been wanting a new 360 for Halo and Forza, and the answer to this may just sway me to buying a new one with a new copy of NHL13.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:52 PM
WhatASaveDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
Just re-discovering this thread. It's good to know I'm not the only one who's hating the sim times. It's insane how tedious that is. Is it like this on both consoles, or is this just a PS3 thing? I've been wanting a new 360 for Halo and Forza, and the answer to this may just sway me to buying a new one with a new copy of NHL13.
for xbox 360 it takes like 20 mins to sim a season with injuries off

Old
11-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Benzy19

Okay now I have won 6 straight Cups, this is getting ridiculous. My streak will probably end has Spezza retired and my next best center is an 82 overall. Hopefully putting a winger on center won't hurt me too much.

Old
11-19-2012, 08:26 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
It's an Odyssey on my relatively new 360 and a nightmare on my old one. I'd upgrade if you've got the cash lying around lol.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Stasis
Mad Decent

Yeah I think this is gonna be an extra Xmas gift to myself. Dat savings from not buying Gamecenter Live this year, too!

As to the whole Dynasty thing, I'm relatively new. I've gone up to 5 seasons before in past years but never did too much tinkering. This time around I decided to mess with some of the core a bit more, though still not too drastically, and it's been somewhat disastrous. Anyone care to chime in as to what they think could be the cause?

3rd year of NYR. Won cup in the 1st season, beaten by Sabres in 2nd round during 2nd season, and this season has been pure suck up until the mid-way point of 41 games played. Team is 18-19-4, and my leading goal-scorer is Gaborik with 14. Nash and Kreider have 11, Skinner has 8. I do realize they could do a lot better in the 2nd half, but there are just too many blow-out games against me in sim mode.

I'm running a top 6 that's some variation of (I've flipped wingers):

Kreider (82) - Richards (87) - Gaborik (89)
Hagelin (81) - Skinner (84) - Nash (85)

Bottom 6 comprised of: Pyatt (75), Boyle (79), Rowe (76), Lindberg (78), Rupp (75), Asham (73).

Lundqvist in net, still at (91) backed up by Missaien who's a (77).

Blueline is pretty stacked, imo. McDonagh (89), Staal (86), Girardi (86), Del Zotto (85) and then a variety of third liners I switch around, but generally it's Ristolainen and Gustafsson who are both at (79).

I still do pretty well when I'm playing, but simming is just kind of poop. Thinking of blowing it up and starting fresh... no idea why my stars aren't putting up numbers and so many are being scored against me. It's like the loss of Stepan and Callahan neutered the team. Could it be that my bottom 6 is too low-rated? Do I need to part ways with a D-man or two and pick up some better depth? Edit: Asham retired, I just remembered. I'm not sure who I replaced him with... but I know it was some FA pickup that's around a 75-76.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:04 PM
The Nose
#BlameTheKids

Quote:
Yeah I think this is gonna be an extra Xmas gift to myself. Dat savings from not buying Gamecenter Live this year, too!

As to the whole Dynasty thing, I'm relatively new. I've gone up to 5 seasons before in past years but never did too much tinkering. This time around I decided to mess with some of the core a bit more, though still not too drastically, and it's been somewhat disastrous. Anyone care to chime in as to what they think could be the cause?

3rd year of NYR. Won cup in the 1st season, beaten by Sabres in 2nd round during 2nd season, and this season has been pure suck up until the mid-way point of 41 games played. Team is 18-19-4, and my leading goal-scorer is Gaborik with 14. Nash and Kreider have 11, Skinner has 8. I do realize they could do a lot better in the 2nd half, but there are just too many blow-out games against me in sim mode.

I'm running a top 6 that's some variation of (I've flipped wingers):

Kreider (82) - Richards (87) - Gaborik (89)
Hagelin (81) - Skinner (84) - Nash (85)

Bottom 6 comprised of: Pyatt (75), Boyle (79), Rowe (76), Lindberg (78), Rupp (75), Asham (73).

Lundqvist in net, still at (91) backed up by Missaien who's a (77).

Blueline is pretty stacked, imo. McDonagh (89), Staal (86), Girardi (86), Del Zotto (85) and then a variety of third liners I switch around, but generally it's Ristolainen and Gustafsson who are both at (79).

I still do pretty well when I'm playing, but simming is just kind of poop. Thinking of blowing it up and starting fresh... no idea why my stars aren't putting up numbers and so many are being scored against me. It's like the loss of Stepan and Callahan neutered the team. Could it be that my bottom 6 is too low-rated? Do I need to part ways with a D-man or two and pick up some better depth? Edit: Asham retired, I just remembered. I'm not sure who I replaced him with... but I know it was some FA pickup that's around a 75-76.
I've had the same problems. It takes a lucky season for Crosby to hit 82 points using simulation. It's weird how good my team could be but we still don't make the playoffs. I think it has something to do with the messed up simulator... I'm getting shut out WAY too often and I have all 85+ on my first two lines.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:42 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
I've had the same problems. It takes a lucky season for Crosby to hit 82 points using simulation. It's weird how good my team could be but we still don't make the playoffs. I think it has something to do with the messed up simulator... I'm getting shut out WAY too often and I have all 85+ on my first two lines.
Try adjusting the game sliders, I believe they also affect simulations. Reduce goalies' reaction speed and crank up penalties. Not sure if that would work in '13, but in '12 that's what I did and I got some really high scoring teams in the first couple years, league wide scoring leveled off at the levels we see nowadays.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:01 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emackulate View Post
The weirdest thing happened while playing bagm. It's like year 2016/17 and I get offered m.a fleury for a couple of firsts for that years draft. He still elite at 87 but at 6.8 million. It's not bad but I already have a 4.5 star goalie in his second year who is already an 83. So inevitably I decline but as I do so I take a quick look at the roster. Here's the weird part. Well not weird but an issue with the AI. Crosby is no longer on the penguins. Initially I thought maybe he retired or something even at age 30 or whatever. But after going through all the teams, he now plays for Philly. And it looks like they didn't even trade much if anything at all for him. So now Philly has giroux, schenn, couturier (who I bumped to 4.5 stars) and now Crosby =S. Do you guys know how this is even possible? Not so much a trade between these two teams but a player with a full trade bar gets traded for scraps?

I can't check how it happened because i didn't notice until I got offered that trade proposal so it might be too late. I'm gonna try and take a picture and show you guys because this is easily the weirdest thing I've ever seen.
Betcha it was a waiver move. I have seen a few doozies.

Old
11-20-2012, 02:04 AM
Stasis
Mad Decent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
I'll give it a shot. I've been shut out a lot too, but even more surprising to me given the blueline and goalie I have is how many times I've had 5-6 scored on me. I usually play between 20-30 a season, mostly division rivals... but I've began simming more to accommodate for trying to go further and really do a dynasty. I need to understand that part of it more if I'm playing less =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Betcha it was a waiver move. I have seen a few doozies.
That's how I got Skinner. Nabbed him off waivers, which is ridiculous. He tore it up for me in the AHL that year on a line with Zuccarello and JT Miller, going over a PPG and dominating in the playoffs too. Has been mediocre so far this year with the big club, but that's the whole team. I couldn't believe it when he appeared in a waiver pop-up. I enjoyed it, but I'd rather that not happen as it's so unrealistic.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Deku Scrub
Actually Done

vCash: 263
I am lucky enough to not have seen any ridiculous waiver scenarios... at least I've never picked up anyone really good. However once, Tampa Bay claimed Tyler Seguin off waivers (before I had the chance to) and he began putting up PPG seasons for them.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:43 AM
pensrule2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
I am lucky enough to not have seen any ridiculous waiver scenarios... at least I've never picked up anyone really good. However once, Tampa Bay claimed Tyler Seguin off waivers (before I had the chance to) and he began putting up PPG seasons for them.
In my profiles, it seems that either Gustav Nyquist or Keaton Ellerby go on waivers and I have only snatched Ellerby once because I needed defensive prospects

Oh and in my Colorado GM, I drafted a Two-way forward named Christopher Fish 7th overall who came out of the draft 73 overall 4.5 stars!

Then after a season in the AHL he jumped up to 85 overall first line forward. That is probably the best I guy I have ever drafted

Old
11-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Stasis
Mad Decent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensrule2011 View Post

Oh and in my Colorado GM, I drafted a Two-way forward named Christopher Fish 7th overall who came out of the draft 73 overall 4.5 stars!

Then after a season in the AHL he jumped up to 85 overall first line forward. That is probably the best I guy I have ever drafted
I have the same scenario in my current NYR BAGM. Drafted a Playmaking center 7th overall exactly, who ended up being a 73 @ 19 with 4.5 stars. Max Reinhart I think.

Old
11-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Benzy19

Has anyone came across a "franchise" player in the draft yet? I've done probably 30 years in total and have yet to see one. Or did EA take that out of this game?

Old
11-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Deku Scrub
Actually Done

Quote:
I have the same scenario in my current NYR BAGM. Drafted a Playmaking center 7th overall exactly, who ended up being a 73 @ 19 with 4.5 stars. Max Reinhart I think.
I think that would be Sam Reinhart. His brother Max was already drafted by Calgary.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:22 PM
pensrule2011

Quote:
I think that would be Sam Reinhart. His brother Max was already drafted by Calgary.
But seriously how does he go 7th in that draft?

Old
11-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Deku Scrub
Actually Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensrule2011 View Post
But seriously how does he go 7th in that draft?
Sometimes the CPU randomly makes a lot of prospects amazing. There must have been a lot of guys who were just as good as Reinhart potential-wise. It's completely random though, I drafted Etienne Marcoux (a goalie) at 4.5 stars once, then in another one of my GM modes he was only 2.5 stars.

Old
11-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Devils Nick30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
Here's the proof.
Are you simming games? How do they get such crazy point totals?

Old
11-20-2012, 05:13 PM
pensrule2011

Quote:
Sometimes the CPU randomly makes a lot of prospects amazing. There must have been a lot of guys who were just as good as Reinhart potential-wise. It's completely random though, I drafted Etienne Marcoux (a goalie) at 4.5 stars once, then in another one of my GM modes he was only 2.5 stars.
True like this guy named Jusso Ikonen. In most GMs he is a 3.5 star but in one he was bumped up to a 4.5 star so I see what you are saying

Closed Thread