HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton + Philadelphia/Dallas

Old
11-18-2012, 04:07 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
I don't think most Oiler fans see Yak as a 50-50 player; he will always get a lot more goals than assist hence being a natural scorer.

For any fan to say that a prospect will be a point per game player is pretty stupid. There were only 6 players in the entire league that averaged a point per game.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 06:25 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post
I am all for adding Benn to the Oilers...I just don't think he is worth any of the big four. I think he is a scorer. Ott is the better physical/defensive player on that team...but somehow he is two inches shorter

It isn't a huge stretch to think any of the young Oilers could become very good defenders...and it definitely isn't a stretch to think they outscore Benn.

Also, I don't think Benn is ever going to be a Selke candidate. If we were talking about Bergeron or Hanzal or Backes...or Datsyuk then it would be different.
We Stars fans like to refer to Steve Ott in the past tense... That being said, you're not remotely close to being accurate. Benn was better defensively than Ott pretty much from the word 'go'; same goes for the physicality. Ott is one of the better faceoff guys in the league though, which has little to do with defensive acumen during the flow of a game.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Flyerfan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon13 View Post
Yakupov has more trade value at this moment and if he hits anywhere close to his ceiling which i think should be around a 90+ point player which would make him absolutely more valuable than both Benn and Coutourier.
& if Fabian Brunnstrom had hit close to his "projected" ceiling he'd still be an NHL player rather then an unclaimed waiver dump.

Let Yakupov play in the NHL before declaring him a great.

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 09:14 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 View Post
& if Fabian Brunnstrom had hit close to his "projected" ceiling he'd still be an NHL player rather then an unclaimed waiver dump.

Congratulations. You just likened F.Brunnstrom to Nail Yakupov. Your parents and I are very disappointed in you.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Flyerfan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Congratulations. You just likened F.Brunnstrom to Nail Yakupov. Your parents and I are very disappointed in you.
Both were hyped before ever stepping on a sheet of ice in an actual NHL game because of what they did in Europe.

There was a pursuit of Brunnstrom like this years chase for Justin Schultz.

Some players transition. Others don't.

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 09:44 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Eberle+MPS+some other crap for Benn. That's about it.
you add one of Oleksiak or Fistric.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:54 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
There's a huge difference between those two...

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 12:49 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post
I am all for adding Benn to the Oilers...I just don't think he is worth any of the big four. I think he is a scorer. Ott is the better physical/defensive player on that team...but somehow he is two inches shorter

It isn't a huge stretch to think any of the young Oilers could become very good defenders...and it definitely isn't a stretch to think they outscore Benn.

Also, I don't think Benn is ever going to be a Selke candidate. If we were talking about Bergeron or Hanzal or Backes...or Datsyuk then it would be different.
Ott is no longer in Dallas . I agree on some of this . You can teach our young players to become good defenders ,but can you teach them not to get injured when they are going into the corners to battle with a 6.4 220 pd guy . I had a shoulder injury and it will never be the same again . Keep in mind i do not receive the medical care these player get

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 12:52 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
I am for adding Benn ,but over payment or what . Eberle should have a small add not much . like a b prospect .

Old
11-19-2012, 12:57 PM
supert

Quote:

Hahahahah Funny . Fabian Brunnstrom should not be mention in the some sentence as Yak . How many first over all = Fabian Brunnstrom . Maybe 1 or 2 in the last 25 years .

Old
11-19-2012, 03:29 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Both were hyped before ever stepping on a sheet of ice in an actual NHL game because of what they did in Europe.

Brunstrom was an undrafted player who scored 9 goals in 54 games in the SEL at the age of 22 before crossing the pond.

Nail Yakupov was a 16 year old who broke Steven Stamkos' Sarnia goal scoring record. On NORTH AMERICAN ICE!!!!

Nail Yakupov was an 18 year old first overall pick.

Nail Yakupov has scored 10 goals in 14 KHL games, a higher rate than Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuk and almost everyone else in the league.

Don't get me started on Schultz vs. Brunnstrom.

Brunnstrom was and is garbage. Not good enough to hold either of these guys jocks. Don't mention him again, its embarassing.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:08 PM
jgoud

Quote:

Schultz played college hockey and is leading the AHL in scoring as a D while Yakupov was one of the best players in the CHL for multiple years. Most likely the dumbest thing said in the forums this month

jgoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:20 PM
DJN21

yakupov have done ZIP at the NHL level...granted the lockout is the reason for that but right now Couturier and Benn's value is farrr greater than NY's...especially benn's, not sure what the OP was thinking including him, thats a brain puzzler

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 12:43 AM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
yakupov have done ZIP at the NHL level...granted the lockout is the reason for that but right now Couturier and Benn's value is farrr greater than NY's...especially benn's, not sure what the OP was thinking including him, thats a brain puzzler
That is all fine and well if the GM place value on only what a player has accomplished in the league, but going by this mind set a player like Jagr, Pronger and Selanne would currently have extremely high trade values as former Scoring Champs, top Dmen and MVPs. This is not the case because GM have to perceive potential value out of the players as well. I would argue that Yakupov's potential has a greater value then Coututier current value based on his rookie season and potential.

11-20-2012, 01:23 AM
MastuhNinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
What NHL team are you a fan of? Would you kindly trade your team's top 3 prospects for Mike Komisarek, Matthew Lombardi and Tim Connolly? Thanks.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 02:07 AM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
That is all fine and well if the GM place value on only what a player has accomplished in the league, but going by this mind set a player like Jagr, Pronger and Selanne would currently have extremely high trade values as former Scoring Champs, top Dmen and MVPs. This is not the case because GM have to perceive potential value out of the players as well. I would argue that Yakupov's potential has a greater value then Coututier current value based on his rookie season and potential.
This should be sticky'd in the trade forum.

Old
11-20-2012, 03:30 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
This should be sticky'd in the trade forum.
You mean the place where, in general, the consensus errs on the side of the prospect? I think this place is plenty tilted in that direction.*

*Note: I'm talking generally, not about this particular prospect.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Nail Yakupov was a 16 year old who broke Steven Stamkos' Sarnia goal scoring record. On NORTH AMERICAN ICE!!!!
16 year old for maybe the first 2 weeks of the 2010-11 season no? And what goal scoring record are we talking about, Nail didn't have 59.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 01:00 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
It's pretty sad that on a forum called Hockey's Future, people can't understand that projected picks can often have more value than current NHL players.

5RingsAndABeer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 01:05 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
It's pretty sad that on a forum called Hockey's Future, people can't understand that projected picks can often have more value than current NHL players.
It's also pretty sad that the other group does not understand the value of a fully developed NHL ready player vs an equivalently talented prospect.

A 20 year old Yakupov would notionally be valued less than an 18 year old Yakupov by many here. That is dumb.

Waiting time and development time is a negative. Give me the 22 year old first liner over the 18 year old first line potential prospect of the same quality any day.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 11:58 PM
McArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
The only player Edmonton will trade for Yakupov is a defenseman. You don't have to be an Oilers fan to see that.
In the second and third year of yakupovs ELC, he might be the most valuable player in the NHL when you look at teams trying to fit under the cap ceiling. 3.775million for a player that has more goals than malkin, ovechkin, and Datsyuk, on a second line from an inferior team. We will see. This kid is the same one that broke stamkos' ohl record.

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 12:13 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post
In the second and third year of yakupovs ELC, he might be the most valuable player in the NHL when you look at teams trying to fit under the cap ceiling. 3.775million for a player that has more goals than malkin, ovechkin, and Datsyuk, on a second line from an inferior team. We will see. This kid is the same one that broke stamkos' ohl record.
Why don't you overrate him a bit more? 50+ goals? Seriously?

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 12:15 AM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
It's also pretty sad that the other group does not understand the value of a fully developed NHL ready player vs an equivalently talented prospect.

A 20 year old Yakupov would notionally be valued less than an 18 year old Yakupov by many here. That is dumb.

Waiting time and development time is a negative. Give me the 22 year old first liner over the 18 year old first line potential prospect of the same quality any day.
I fully agree with what you are saying.

I just don't think we aren't comparing the same level of player. Couturier had a great rookie season but, in my opinion, he isn't a first overall talent.

5RingsAndABeer is online now   Reply With Quote