HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The new All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD Warning in OP)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-20-2012, 12:33 AM
  #476
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
This is just me, but I would want to swap Colborne for Biggs or Finn.

We would have Kadri, Schroeder, Colborne and Gaunce at center, with Jensen being our only real wing prospect.

It would also leave Toronto with nothing C prospect wise.
Well, to be honest, it leaves without any really top tier forward prospects. That would be my hesitaion.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 12:34 AM
  #477
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Ha. Thanks. The bottom line in all of this is none of us have any power, we're all just posting our opinions because we are all passionate.

For all we know, like the reports, this deal could already be done, and we're now just waiting for the CBA to be worked out. Not likely, but, you never know.
Haha this is the obvious truth. Just trying to have some fun my friend, and maybe give the Canucks some good Karma this year. Back to back Canadian Stanley Cups! Can you imagine the day.....

Numbers is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 12:36 AM
  #478
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Bozak is too important to us as our center depth is really lacking. If this was next year and we had an opportunity at Getzlaf, I'd be ok with dealing Bozak in a deal for Luongo.
With Burke planning on playing JVR at center I don't see it being as big an issue as it otherwise would have been. This move would push Bozak down to the third line, where he belongs, but where McClement is likely to play for a team in need of defense from its forwards.

StringerBell is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 12:36 AM
  #479
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
No thank you.

I'd consider the 2nd option if the prospect coming back was Gaunce or Jensen.
If you want Gaunce I'd be ok with that as long as the 2nd turned into a 1st 2013 top 5 protected and 2014 2nd

If you want Jensen put Reilly on the table...which you won't so let's pretend neither name was mentioned

McArthur
Kadri
Colburne
Blacker
Percy/Ashton
2013 top5 (otherwise 2014 1st and 2015 2nd)
2014 second

For
Luongo
Gaunce

?

Seatoo is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 12:36 AM
  #480
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Haha this is the obvious truth. Just trying to have some fun my friend, and maybe give the Canucks some good Karma this year. Back to back Canadian Stanley Cups! Can you imagine the day.....
It's bound to happen.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 12:45 AM
  #481
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
With Burke planning on playing JVR at center I don't see it being as big an issue as it otherwise would have been. This move would push Bozak down to the third line, where he belongs, but where McClement is likely to play for a team in need of defense from its forwards.
Caryle is already on the record for saying that he doesn't intend for JVR to be our saviour at center.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 12:46 AM
  #482
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
If you want Gaunce I'd be ok with that as long as the 2nd turned into a 1st 2013 top 5 protected and 2014 2nd

If you want Jensen put Reilly on the table...which you won't so let's pretend neither name was mentioned

McArthur
Kadri
Colburne
Blacker
Percy/Ashton
2013 top5 (otherwise 2014 1st and 2015 2nd)
2014 second

For
Luongo
Gaunce

?
If it was 2014 1st and you removed the 2nd, I'd consider it, but in all honesty, too many assets are being involved here. No offense though.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 12:51 AM
  #483
Hockey 4 Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
If you want Gaunce I'd be ok with that as long as the 2nd turned into a 1st 2013 top 5 protected and 2014 2nd

If you want Jensen put Reilly on the table...which you won't so let's pretend neither name was mentioned

McArthur
Kadri
Colburne
Blacker
Percy/Ashton
2013 top5 (otherwise 2014 1st and 2015 2nd)
2014 second

For
Luongo
Gaunce

?
So let me get this straight you want a top 6 forward an A level prospect, a b+ prospect, two B prospects, a 1st and a second for lou and your own B-B+ prospect. Seatoo you never cease to amaze me on how out of tune your grasp on trade value really is concerning the leafs and nucks.

Hockey 4 Life is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 12:54 AM
  #484
Hockey 4 Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
If you want Gaunce I'd be ok with that as long as the 2nd turned into a 1st 2013 top 5 protected and 2014 2nd

If you want Jensen put Reilly on the table...which you won't so let's pretend neither name was mentioned

McArthur
Kadri
Colburne
Blacker
Percy/Ashton
2013 top5 (otherwise 2014 1st and 2015 2nd)
2014 second

For
Luongo
Gaunce

?
Take out kadri, the second, and gaunce, and change the 2013 1st to a 2014 1st and I believe that is fair value, also I may have come off as a little harsh in the last post, if so didnt mean to it's just late is all.

Hockey 4 Life is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 12:57 AM
  #485
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust
 
Back in 94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
To
Van
Bozak
Macarthur
Colborne
Franson/percy
2nd in 2013/2014
To
Tor
Lou
Gaunce

Van gets two high end top 9 forwards who can fill in easily in there top six for injury relief, a solid prospect with skill and size, and either another solid d prospect or a roster offensive d man with a great shot to use on the second pp. The leafs get an elite tender, and a solid two way center prospect.
Vancouver gives the best player and best prospect in this deal. No thanks.

Back in 94 is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 01:00 AM
  #486
Hockey 4 Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in 94 View Post
Vancouver gives the best player and best prospect in this deal. No thanks.
They give up the best player for sure but colborne and gaunce are a wash. Both players are big strong play a good two way game, colborne has more skill but gaunce plays tougher.

Hockey 4 Life is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 01:07 AM
  #487
roach9
Registered User
 
roach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
They give up the best player for sure but colborne and gaunce are a wash. Both players are big strong play a good two way game, colborne has more skill but gaunce plays tougher.
Well Gaunce is 4 years younger for starters and with all due respect, I don't think you've seen him play enough to make the claims you are making.

roach9 is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 01:11 AM
  #488
Hockey 4 Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Well Gaunce is 4 years younger for starters and with all due respect, I don't think you've seen him play enough to make the claims you are making.
I also dont believe you or the other poster have watched colborne enough to judge otherwise either. Joe will be NHL ready this year or next and didnt look out of place in his short time with the leafs last year. So dont start in on the age thing either, I realize gaunce is a solid prospect very similar to our own tyler biggs but to say without a doubt he is better then Colborne is just you guys wearing your Vancouver sunglasses at night.

Hockey 4 Life is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 01:27 AM
  #489
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
Take out kadri, the second, and gaunce, and change the 2013 1st to a 2014 1st and I believe that is fair value, also I may have come off as a little harsh in the last post, if so didnt mean to it's just late is all.
McArthur
Colburne
Blacker
Percy/Ashton
2014 1st non protected

For

Luongo


I think that is probably fair but I would prefer a 2013 1st top 10 protected. It would give us 2 firsts and a few prospects to dangle in order to get a rental. Also a playmaker (kinda) to play with Kesler.

Seatoo is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 03:00 AM
  #490
sniper81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Well Gaunce is 4 years younger for starters and with all due respect, I don't think you've seen him play enough to make the claims you are making.
Gaunce is not the best prsopect in this deal, i would even say Percy and Gaunce are the same level of prospect. Ive watched Percy 7 times this year and Gaunce 5.

sniper81 is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 03:36 AM
  #491
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust
 
Back in 94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
They give up the best player for sure but colborne and gaunce are a wash. Both players are big strong play a good two way game, colborne has more skill but gaunce plays tougher.
Vancouver is pretty high on Gaunce, not sure why they'd want to swap him for a similar player that is 4 years older. Colborne likely won't crack our roster this year, so there really is no point in a prospect swap.

Remove the two and the deal would be:

Bozak, Macarthur, Franson/Percy, and a 2nd for Luongo.

No thanks, Macarthur won't crack our top six and is too expensive for our bottom six. Franson likely wouldn't replace any of our top six D, don't know too much about Percy. Only interesting piece in this trade is Bozak.

Back in 94 is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 03:40 AM
  #492
JuniorNelson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: E.Vancouver
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 4,617
vCash: 50
I think, if there is a season, Luongo will be retained until a massive overpayment is presented. This might come from anywhere, but NJ, Boston and Philidelphia are my guesses.

In NJ Brodeur looked close to finished. If he doesn't get into immediate form NJ might seek his successor.

Boston just apparently lost the best, IMO, starter in the E conference. They only have a kid, right now, a Toronto reject named Rask. If Thomas is actually gone and Rask is not an immediate success, Boston might try for a new guy.

Philadelphia showed serious intent signing Bryzgalov, who shat the bed and has now said stuff. If Bryzgalov actually stays in Russia, the flyers might try again with a different goalie. Luongo's temperment is ideal for Philadelphia, too.

There are other places that Luongo might land, but not for a reasonable return.

JuniorNelson is online now  
Old
11-20-2012, 04:28 AM
  #493
Intense Rage
Registered User
 
Intense Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
I think, if there is a season, Luongo will be retained until a massive overpayment is presented. This might come from anywhere, but NJ, Boston and Philidelphia are my guesses.

In NJ Brodeur looked close to finished. If he doesn't get into immediate form NJ might seek his successor.

Boston just apparently lost the best, IMO, starter in the E conference. They only have a kid, right now, a Toronto reject named Rask. If Thomas is actually gone and Rask is not an immediate success, Boston might try for a new guy.

Philadelphia showed serious intent signing Bryzgalov, who shat the bed and has now said stuff. If Bryzgalov actually stays in Russia, the flyers might try again with a different goalie. Luongo's temperment is ideal for Philadelphia, too.

There are other places that Luongo might land, but not for a reasonable return.
I stopped reading at "Toronto reject". Thanks for the laugh.

Intense Rage is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 04:32 AM
  #494
MISC*
Negged.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 500
If Bryz does indeed stay in Russia and Philly needs a goalie;


Luongo
Booth

For

Simmond
B.Schenn

MISC* is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 07:13 AM
  #495
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,940
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
If Bryz does indeed stay in Russia and Philly needs a goalie;


Luongo
Booth

For

Simmond
B.Schenn
Philly isn't going to trade Brayden Schenn right after acquiring his brother.

From Philly I'd prefer something centred around Voracek. A playmaking RW with size, he'd be ideal for our 2nd line.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 08:25 AM
  #496
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
So let me get this straight you want a top 6 forward an A level prospect, a b+ prospect, two B prospects, a 1st and a second for lou and your own B-B+ prospect. Seatoo you never cease to amaze me on how out of tune your grasp on trade value really is concerning the leafs and nucks.
You're overrating your prospects here. Kadri and Colorne are both B prospects, the other two are B-/C+

sharks9 is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 08:26 AM
  #497
gabeliscious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
If you want Gaunce I'd be ok with that as long as the 2nd turned into a 1st 2013 top 5 protected and 2014 2nd

If you want Jensen put Reilly on the table...which you won't so let's pretend neither name was mentioned

McArthur
Kadri
Colburne
Blacker
Percy/Ashton
2013 top5 (otherwise 2014 1st and 2015 2nd)
2014 second

For
Luongo
Gaunce

?
have you been drinking?

your asking for the leafs 2nd + 3rd + 4th + 7th or 8th best prospect (4 out of 10) and then a top 6 winger and then 2 firsts and a second for luongo and gaunce. this is quit possibly the worst proposal in all of the luongo threads i have read to day.

gabeliscious is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 08:41 AM
  #498
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,940
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
have you been drinking?

your asking for the leafs 2nd + 3rd + 4th + 7th or 8th best prospect (4 out of 10) and then a top 6 winger and then 2 firsts and a second for luongo and gaunce. this is quit possibly the worst proposal in all of the luongo threads i have read to day.
Would you do Lupul + 1st?

It's simply one top-6 winger and a 1st. Much more appealing from your POV, right?

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 09:06 AM
  #499
Whale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Philly isn't going to trade Brayden Schenn right after acquiring his brother.

From Philly I'd prefer something centred around Voracek. A playmaking RW with size, he'd be ideal for our 2nd line.
Well, thats all nice that its good for US, but have you looked at the forward depth in Philly? They would be pretty lacking. Schenn and tySimmonds would pretty much take them out of the playoffs.

If there is a deal with Philly it should be centered around Mezaros. He can play the right side and pretty much replaces Salo/Ehrhoff.

Whale is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 09:13 AM
  #500
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,940
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale View Post
Well, thats all nice that its good for US, but have you looked at the forward depth in Philly? They would be pretty lacking. Schenn and tySimmonds would pretty much take them out of the playoffs.

If there is a deal with Philly it should be centered around Mezaros. He can play the right side and pretty much replaces Salo/Ehrhoff.
If they gave up say, Voracek + 1st, they would still have:

Giroux, Briere, Simmonds, Hartnell, Schenn, Couturier, Read. Hardly lacking. I agree Schenn + Simmonds is unrealistic though.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.