HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The new All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD Warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2012, 12:33 AM
DougGilmour93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
This is just me, but I would want to swap Colborne for Biggs or Finn.

We would have Kadri, Schroeder, Colborne and Gaunce at center, with Jensen being our only real wing prospect.

It would also leave Toronto with nothing C prospect wise.
Well, to be honest, it leaves without any really top tier forward prospects. That would be my hesitaion.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:34 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Ha. Thanks. The bottom line in all of this is none of us have any power, we're all just posting our opinions because we are all passionate.

For all we know, like the reports, this deal could already be done, and we're now just waiting for the CBA to be worked out. Not likely, but, you never know.
Haha this is the obvious truth. Just trying to have some fun my friend, and maybe give the Canucks some good Karma this year. Back to back Canadian Stanley Cups! Can you imagine the day.....

Old
11-20-2012, 12:36 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Bozak is too important to us as our center depth is really lacking. If this was next year and we had an opportunity at Getzlaf, I'd be ok with dealing Bozak in a deal for Luongo.
With Burke planning on playing JVR at center I don't see it being as big an issue as it otherwise would have been. This move would push Bozak down to the third line, where he belongs, but where McClement is likely to play for a team in need of defense from its forwards.

Old
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
No thank you.

I'd consider the 2nd option if the prospect coming back was Gaunce or Jensen.
If you want Gaunce I'd be ok with that as long as the 2nd turned into a 1st 2013 top 5 protected and 2014 2nd

If you want Jensen put Reilly on the table...which you won't so let's pretend neither name was mentioned

McArthur
Kadri
Colburne
Blacker
Percy/Ashton
2013 top5 (otherwise 2014 1st and 2015 2nd)
2014 second

For
Luongo
Gaunce

?

Old
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Haha this is the obvious truth. Just trying to have some fun my friend, and maybe give the Canucks some good Karma this year. Back to back Canadian Stanley Cups! Can you imagine the day.....
It's bound to happen.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:45 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
With Burke planning on playing JVR at center I don't see it being as big an issue as it otherwise would have been. This move would push Bozak down to the third line, where he belongs, but where McClement is likely to play for a team in need of defense from its forwards.
Caryle is already on the record for saying that he doesn't intend for JVR to be our saviour at center.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:46 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
If you want Gaunce I'd be ok with that as long as the 2nd turned into a 1st 2013 top 5 protected and 2014 2nd

If you want Jensen put Reilly on the table...which you won't so let's pretend neither name was mentioned

McArthur
Kadri
Colburne
Blacker
Percy/Ashton
2014 second

For
Luongo
Gaunce

?
If it was 2014 1st and you removed the 2nd, I'd consider it, but in all honesty, too many assets are being involved here. No offense though.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:

McArthur
Kadri
Colburne
Blacker
Percy/Ashton
2014 second

For
Luongo
Gaunce

?
So let me get this straight you want a top 6 forward an A level prospect, a b+ prospect, two B prospects, a 1st and a second for lou and your own B-B+ prospect. Seatoo you never cease to amaze me on how out of tune your grasp on trade value really is concerning the leafs and nucks.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:54 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:

McArthur
Kadri
Colburne
Blacker
Percy/Ashton
2014 second

For
Luongo
Gaunce

?
Take out kadri, the second, and gaunce, and change the 2013 1st to a 2014 1st and I believe that is fair value, also I may have come off as a little harsh in the last post, if so didnt mean to it's just late is all.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:57 AM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
To
Van
Bozak
Macarthur
Colborne
Franson/percy
2nd in 2013/2014
To
Tor
Lou
Gaunce

Van gets two high end top 9 forwards who can fill in easily in there top six for injury relief, a solid prospect with skill and size, and either another solid d prospect or a roster offensive d man with a great shot to use on the second pp. The leafs get an elite tender, and a solid two way center prospect.
Vancouver gives the best player and best prospect in this deal. No thanks.

Old
11-20-2012, 01:00 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in 94 View Post
Vancouver gives the best player and best prospect in this deal. No thanks.
They give up the best player for sure but colborne and gaunce are a wash. Both players are big strong play a good two way game, colborne has more skill but gaunce plays tougher.

Old
11-20-2012, 01:07 AM
roach9

Quote:
They give up the best player for sure but colborne and gaunce are a wash. Both players are big strong play a good two way game, colborne has more skill but gaunce plays tougher.
Well Gaunce is 4 years younger for starters and with all due respect, I don't think you've seen him play enough to make the claims you are making.

Old
11-20-2012, 01:11 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Well Gaunce is 4 years younger for starters and with all due respect, I don't think you've seen him play enough to make the claims you are making.
I also dont believe you or the other poster have watched colborne enough to judge otherwise either. Joe will be NHL ready this year or next and didnt look out of place in his short time with the leafs last year. So dont start in on the age thing either, I realize gaunce is a solid prospect very similar to our own tyler biggs but to say without a doubt he is better then Colborne is just you guys wearing your Vancouver sunglasses at night.

Old
11-20-2012, 01:27 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Take out kadri, the second, and gaunce, and change the 2013 1st to a 2014 1st and I believe that is fair value, also I may have come off as a little harsh in the last post, if so didnt mean to it's just late is all.
McArthur
Colburne
Blacker
Percy/Ashton
2014 1st non protected

For

Luongo

I think that is probably fair but I would prefer a 2013 1st top 10 protected. It would give us 2 firsts and a few prospects to dangle in order to get a rental. Also a playmaker (kinda) to play with Kesler.

Old
11-20-2012, 03:00 AM
sniper81

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Gaunce is not the best prsopect in this deal, i would even say Percy and Gaunce are the same level of prospect. Ive watched Percy 7 times this year and Gaunce 5.

Old
11-20-2012, 03:36 AM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:
Vancouver is pretty high on Gaunce, not sure why they'd want to swap him for a similar player that is 4 years older. Colborne likely won't crack our roster this year, so there really is no point in a prospect swap.

Remove the two and the deal would be:

Bozak, Macarthur, Franson/Percy, and a 2nd for Luongo.

No thanks, Macarthur won't crack our top six and is too expensive for our bottom six. Franson likely wouldn't replace any of our top six D, don't know too much about Percy. Only interesting piece in this trade is Bozak.

Old
11-20-2012, 03:40 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
I think, if there is a season, Luongo will be retained until a massive overpayment is presented. This might come from anywhere, but NJ, Boston and Philidelphia are my guesses.

In NJ Brodeur looked close to finished. If he doesn't get into immediate form NJ might seek his successor.

Boston just apparently lost the best, IMO, starter in the E conference. They only have a kid, right now, a Toronto reject named Rask. If Thomas is actually gone and Rask is not an immediate success, Boston might try for a new guy.

Philadelphia showed serious intent signing Bryzgalov, who shat the bed and has now said stuff. If Bryzgalov actually stays in Russia, the flyers might try again with a different goalie. Luongo's temperment is ideal for Philadelphia, too.

There are other places that Luongo might land, but not for a reasonable return.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:28 AM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
I think, if there is a season, Luongo will be retained until a massive overpayment is presented. This might come from anywhere, but NJ, Boston and Philidelphia are my guesses.

In NJ Brodeur looked close to finished. If he doesn't get into immediate form NJ might seek his successor.

Boston just apparently lost the best, IMO, starter in the E conference. They only have a kid, right now, a Toronto reject named Rask. If Thomas is actually gone and Rask is not an immediate success, Boston might try for a new guy.

Philadelphia showed serious intent signing Bryzgalov, who shat the bed and has now said stuff. If Bryzgalov actually stays in Russia, the flyers might try again with a different goalie. Luongo's temperment is ideal for Philadelphia, too.

There are other places that Luongo might land, but not for a reasonable return.
I stopped reading at "Toronto reject". Thanks for the laugh.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:32 AM
MISC*
Negged.

If Bryz does indeed stay in Russia and Philly needs a goalie;

Luongo
Booth

For

Simmond
B.Schenn

Old
11-20-2012, 07:13 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
If Bryz does indeed stay in Russia and Philly needs a goalie;

Luongo
Booth

For

Simmond
B.Schenn
Philly isn't going to trade Brayden Schenn right after acquiring his brother.

From Philly I'd prefer something centred around Voracek. A playmaking RW with size, he'd be ideal for our 2nd line.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:25 AM
sharks9

Quote:
So let me get this straight you want a top 6 forward an A level prospect, a b+ prospect, two B prospects, a 1st and a second for lou and your own B-B+ prospect. Seatoo you never cease to amaze me on how out of tune your grasp on trade value really is concerning the leafs and nucks.
You're overrating your prospects here. Kadri and Colorne are both B prospects, the other two are B-/C+

Old
11-20-2012, 08:26 AM
gabeliscious

Quote:

McArthur
Kadri
Colburne
Blacker
Percy/Ashton
2014 second

For
Luongo
Gaunce

?
have you been drinking?

your asking for the leafs 2nd + 3rd + 4th + 7th or 8th best prospect (4 out of 10) and then a top 6 winger and then 2 firsts and a second for luongo and gaunce. this is quit possibly the worst proposal in all of the luongo threads i have read to day.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
have you been drinking?

your asking for the leafs 2nd + 3rd + 4th + 7th or 8th best prospect (4 out of 10) and then a top 6 winger and then 2 firsts and a second for luongo and gaunce. this is quit possibly the worst proposal in all of the luongo threads i have read to day.
Would you do Lupul + 1st?

It's simply one top-6 winger and a 1st. Much more appealing from your POV, right?

Old
11-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Whale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Philly isn't going to trade Brayden Schenn right after acquiring his brother.

From Philly I'd prefer something centred around Voracek. A playmaking RW with size, he'd be ideal for our 2nd line.
Well, thats all nice that its good for US, but have you looked at the forward depth in Philly? They would be pretty lacking. Schenn and tySimmonds would pretty much take them out of the playoffs.

If there is a deal with Philly it should be centered around Mezaros. He can play the right side and pretty much replaces Salo/Ehrhoff.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale View Post
Well, thats all nice that its good for US, but have you looked at the forward depth in Philly? They would be pretty lacking. Schenn and tySimmonds would pretty much take them out of the playoffs.

If there is a deal with Philly it should be centered around Mezaros. He can play the right side and pretty much replaces Salo/Ehrhoff.
If they gave up say, Voracek + 1st, they would still have:

Giroux, Briere, Simmonds, Hartnell, Schenn, Couturier, Read. Hardly lacking. I agree Schenn + Simmonds is unrealistic though.

Closed Thread