HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): ESPN: Eagles Land Kelly (Jan. 16)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2012, 01:35 PM
  #351
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener
 
Flyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
I'm surprised he hasn't been fired mid-game.
Hahahahaha.

Flyotes is online now  
Old
11-19-2012, 04:55 PM
  #352
Unstable
Registered User
 
Unstable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Exiled in NoVA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 500
Maybe this is why the Snider story broke over the weekend. Ed woke up and realized he was tired of watching the Eagles.

Unstable is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 10:45 PM
  #353
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,989
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
Maybe this is why the Snider story broke over the weekend. Ed woke up and realized he was tired of watching the Eagles.
Disappointed it would have taken him this long.

sobrien is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 12:30 AM
  #354
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 31,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Not NFL related, but how do you idiots feel about Maryland and Rutgers (reportedly) going to the Big Ten?
The mid atlantic is a good recruiting area and if they can start getting more of the top players, I think they both could be decent (especially rutgers).

Justified is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 08:05 AM
  #355
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori
 
Mkoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Finland
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Not NFL related, but how do you idiots feel about Maryland and Rutgers (reportedly) going to the Big Ten?
confused, why did you call us idiots?

Mkoll is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 09:26 AM
  #356
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,968
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
confused, why did you call us idiots?
Haha, I don't know. Wasn't really meant as an insult or anything, just felt like saying idiots instead of guys or people or whatever else one might say.

Either way, as a (clearly biased) Rutgers grad, I am psyched beyond belief that my beloved Scarlet Knights will now play real teams every year in football. I doubt they challenge for the title any time soon, but I think they should be a middle of the road team. Better than Indiana, Northwestern, Illinois, Minny, Purdue, Maryland, and PSU. Behind Michigan, Nebraska and OSU. Same level as 'Sconsin, Michigan State, and Iowa.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 09:36 AM
  #357
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori
 
Mkoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Finland
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Haha, I don't know. Wasn't really meant as an insult or anything, just felt like saying idiots instead of guys or people or whatever else one might say.

Either way, as a (clearly biased) Rutgers grad, I am psyched beyond belief that my beloved Scarlet Knights will now play real teams every year in football. I doubt they challenge for the title any time soon, but I think they should be a middle of the road team. Better than Indiana, Northwestern, Illinois, Minny, Purdue, Maryland, and PSU. Behind Michigan, Nebraska and OSU. Same level as 'Sconsin, Michigan State, and Iowa.
ah fair enough

I have always been an Iowa fan, so glad to see the big ten getting more quality teams.

Mkoll is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 01:59 PM
  #358
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake
 
Ironmanrulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cologne, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
this is the softest team in the nfl.

Defense, offense, and special teams.

And all that with one of the best rosters in the league.... Who sould train them when not Reid?

Who sould take his stars out of the game, when it is decided already when not reid....

Why donīt use Foles earlier in the season when Vick had thrown or fumble interceptions? Than maybe we havenīt had the concussion of Vick and we surely havenīt the concussion by McCoy.....


By the way:

Did we have the pest on our players? Pronger, Giroux, Vick, McCoy, Bynum.... and all the players iīve missed....

Why our teams all the time....

Ironmanrulez is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 03:17 PM
  #359
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Haha, I don't know. Wasn't really meant as an insult or anything, just felt like saying idiots instead of guys or people or whatever else one might say.

Either way, as a (clearly biased) Rutgers grad, I am psyched beyond belief that my beloved Scarlet Knights will now play real teams every year in football. I doubt they challenge for the title any time soon, but I think they should be a middle of the road team. Better than Indiana, Northwestern, Illinois, Minny, Purdue, Maryland, and PSU. Behind Michigan, Nebraska and OSU. Same level as 'Sconsin, Michigan State, and Iowa.

False. Penn State destroyed Iowa, would crush Michigan State this year, would have totlly beat Nebraska if it wasn't for that awful call, and I'm betting will beat Wisconsin this weekend. You need to check yo'self fool...

TheLegendkiller is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 06:19 PM
  #360
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,989
vCash: 580
All this talk of drafting a QB...I'd go O-Line HEAVY this year in the draft, namely Barrett Jones from ALA.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Haha, I don't know. Wasn't really meant as an insult or anything, just felt like saying idiots instead of guys or people or whatever else one might say.

Either way, as a (clearly biased) Rutgers grad, I am psyched beyond belief that my beloved Scarlet Knights will now play real teams every year in football. I doubt they challenge for the title any time soon, but I think they should be a middle of the road team. Better than Indiana, Northwestern, Illinois, Minny, Purdue, Maryland, and PSU. Behind Michigan, Nebraska and OSU. Same level as 'Sconsin, Michigan State, and Iowa.
I'll take a healthy Penn St. and maybe Northwestern over Rutgers.

sobrien is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 10:08 AM
  #361
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmanrulez View Post
this is the softest team in the nfl.

Defense, offense, and special teams.

And all that with one of the best rosters in the league.... Who sould train them when not Reid?

Who sould take his stars out of the game, when it is decided already when not reid....

Why donīt use Foles earlier in the season when Vick had thrown or fumble interceptions? Than maybe we havenīt had the concussion of Vick and we surely havenīt the concussion by McCoy.....


By the way:

Did we have the pest on our players? Pronger, Giroux, Vick, McCoy, Bynum.... and all the players iīve missed....

Why our teams all the time....
People were spewing this "great roster" nonsense before the season; I didn't agree with the statement then, and I don't agree with it now.

What makes this roster so great?

ASO: Count him out because he has been worthless for about 2 years, but people hang on to his days from Oakland.

Babin: One trick pony that is hyped because of two seasons with a lot of sacks. All he does is rush the QB, throw a screen to his side and it goes for 30 yards.

Cole: Even when he plays well he disappears mid-season.

Vick: Great athlete, terrible QB.

Jackson: Good player.

Shady: Great player (before the concussion, lol. Thanks Andy!)

DRC: OK player, but super dumb at times.

Maclin: I like hm a lot, but he is made of fine china.

The OL was questionable after Peters went down in the off season; No NFL Safety exists on the Roster; LBs were strengthened with Ryans, but they were so awful last year it didn't seem like Ryans would improve the significantly; DL is as soft as they come, and Patterson had freaking brain surgery...

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 11:53 AM
  #362
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles
 
Mr Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ross Ice Shelf
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,345
vCash: 50
If by "good" you mean he can run fast and not do anything else to help the team, then yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post

Jackson: Good player.

Mr Black is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 04:00 PM
  #363
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,968
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
False. Penn State destroyed Iowa, would crush Michigan State this year, would have totlly beat Nebraska if it wasn't for that awful call, and I'm betting will beat Wisconsin this weekend. You need to check yo'self fool...
You realize that over the next two years (when Rutgers gets to the Big Ten) that PSU is only going to get worse, right? And that Rutgers stands to gain a lot in terms of recruiting over the next two years, both from joining the Big Ten, and the fallout form the PSU sanctions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I'll take a healthy Penn St. and maybe Northwestern over Rutgers.
Penn State maybe, but not Northwestern. Rutgers defense is one of the best in the country and PSU and NW aren't exactly offensive juggernauts.

Is there an NCAA thread so that this type of thing can be discussed without bothering non-NCAA fans?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 04:04 PM
  #364
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
You realize that over the next two years (when Rutgers gets to the Big Ten) that PSU is only going to get worse, right? And that Rutgers stands to gain a lot in terms of recruiting over the next two years, both from joining the Big Ten, and the fallout form the PSU sanctions.



Penn State maybe, but not Northwestern. Rutgers defense is one of the best in the country and PSU and NW aren't exactly offensive juggernauts.

Is there an NCAA thread so that this type of thing can be discussed without bothering non-NCAA fans?
Boom.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/fo...play.php?f=165

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 04:12 PM
  #365
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
You realize that over the next two years (when Rutgers gets to the Big Ten) that PSU is only going to get worse, right? And that Rutgers stands to gain a lot in terms of recruiting over the next two years, both from joining the Big Ten, and the fallout form the PSU sanctions.



Penn State maybe, but not Northwestern. Rutgers defense is one of the best in the country and PSU and NW aren't exactly offensive juggernauts.

Is there an NCAA thread so that this type of thing can be discussed without bothering non-NCAA fans?
You are severely overlooking Northwestern.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 05:54 AM
  #366
RussianRocket10
Registered User
 
RussianRocket10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Brazil
Posts: 4,406
vCash: 500
Interesting video.


RussianRocket10 is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 10:21 PM
  #367
Phileeguy
Thanks, Jimmy
 
Phileeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
RG3... we gotta deal with this guy for the next decade most likely. Ugh.

Phileeguy is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 11:18 PM
  #368
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
You realize that over the next two years (when Rutgers gets to the Big Ten) that PSU is only going to get worse, right? And that Rutgers stands to gain a lot in terms of recruiting over the next two years, both from joining the Big Ten, and the fallout form the PSU sanctions.



Penn State maybe, but not Northwestern. Rutgers defense is one of the best in the country and PSU and NW aren't exactly offensive juggernauts.

Is there an NCAA thread so that this type of thing can be discussed without bothering non-NCAA fans?
The worst would have been this year. The impact of recruiting would have been felt right after everything happen and the organization would have to build back up barring how good they would look during this season. Team still looks good, and in fact looks better in alot of different fundamentals than they did under JoePa. O'Brien is getting the best out of a team that lost a **** ton of starters. The demise of PSU everybody thought would happen this season turned out to be mistaken, as it will for the next few years as well.

TheLegendkiller is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 11:19 PM
  #369
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
RG3... we gotta deal with this guy for the next decade most likely. Ugh.
Meh, he's a Vick, McNabb, Jason Campbell like players. I feel like once teams get enough video on him teams will be able to shut him down.

TheLegendkiller is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 12:35 AM
  #370
Phileeguy
Thanks, Jimmy
 
Phileeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Meh, he's a Vick, McNabb, Jason Campbell like players. I feel like once teams get enough video on him teams will be able to shut him down.
I think you're underselling him. Will extra film help solve him? Sure. But in his first season he's going to outpace all of Donovan's stats he accumulated his first year. This could be partly due to it being a much more pass friendly league since 5's debut, but from what I've seen of Griffin he's much more effective so far in his rookie season than Donovan was at his. Just look at one of the most critical stats: Completion %. Griffin is completing over 2/3 of all his passes so far. Donovan started out at 58% and throughout his career didn't stray too much from that mark and ended up as a career 59% passer with his best year only being 64%. If Donovan didn't stray too far, who's to say Griffin won't?

Plus, who's to say the Eagles are going to upgrade enough in the next year or two in terms of both coaching and personnel for it to be enough to stop him?

I think what I'm getting at right now at the heart here is that Washington will be much more a contender now, and no longer the NFC East doormat.

Phileeguy is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:22 AM
  #371
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Meh, he's a Vick, McNabb, Jason Campbell like players. I feel like once teams get enough video on him teams will be able to shut him down.
Vick is and always has been an athlete masquerading as a quarterback. He can't read defenses well, and he struggles when forced to operate in a typical pro offense.

Campbell has never been very good, and never showed RGIII's potential--but even if he had, he was basically a pocket quarterback. He was mobile enough, sure, but he was never a scrambler, let alone an elite one.

McNabb was a truer duel-threat quarterback. He had flaws, to be sure, but he performed at a high level for the better part of a decade.

Of the three, RGIII seems closest to McNabb--with superior tools and athleticism. If he manages to develop McNabb's decision-making, he'll be an elite player. If not, he'll likely be limited to an the role of ticket-selling machine, with limited on-field results. I guess that's sort of like Vick, but he gets there in a very different way, I think.


Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 11-23-2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Trying to avoid sending this thread off the rails.
Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:25 AM
  #372
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
I think you're underselling him. Will extra film help solve him? Sure. But in his first season he's going to outpace all of Donovan's stats he accumulated his first year. This could be partly due to it being a much more pass friendly league since 5's debut, but from what I've seen of Griffin he's much more effective so far in his rookie season than Donovan was at his. Just look at one of the most critical stats: Completion %. Griffin is completing over 2/3 of all his passes so far. Donovan started out at 58% and throughout his career didn't stray too much from that mark and ended up as a career 59% passer with his best year only being 64%. If Donovan didn't stray too far, who's to say Griffin won't?

Plus, who's to say the Eagles are going to upgrade enough in the next year or two in terms of both coaching and personnel for it to be enough to stop him?

I think what I'm getting at right now at the heart here is that Washington will be much more a contender now, and no longer the NFC East doormat.
There has never been a QB who plays like RG3 that has won anything and that's not a trend I'm expecting him to break.

McNasty is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:35 AM
  #373
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,400
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
ASO: Count him out because he has been worthless for about 2 years, but people hang on to his days from Oakland.
Nnamdi was signed to be a guy he is not. In Oakland, they just let him go 1v1 vs. the other guy. For some reason the Eagles insist on making him play zone, with a secondary unit that doesn't know how to take assignments. The guy didn't just forget how to play leaving the Raiders of all teams.

GKJ is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:50 AM
  #374
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
There has never been a QB who plays like RG3 that has won anything and that's not a trend I'm expecting him to break.
Not that I'm necessarily expecting him to ever reach this level, but what, in your mind, separates his playing style from someone like Steve Young?

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 01:59 PM
  #375
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
What do those three players have in common?
Vick is and always has been an athlete masquerading as a quarterback. He can't read defenses well, and he struggles when forced to operate in a typical pro offense.

Campbell has never been very good, and never showed RGIII's potential--but even if he had, he was basically a pocket quarterback. He was mobile enough, sure, but he was never a scrambler, let alone an elite one.

McNabb was a truer duel-threat quarterback. He had flaws, to be sure, but he performed at a high level for the better part of a decade.

Of the three, RGIII seems closest to McNabb--with superior tools and athleticism. If he manages to develop McNabb's decision-making, he'll be an elite player. If not, he'll likely be limited to an the role of ticket-selling machine, with limited on-field results. I guess that's sort of like Vick, but he gets there in a very different way, I think.
Don't even give me that ****. I'm black too.

It's not a race thing it's an athletic qb thing.

TheLegendkiller is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.