HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LD Morgan Rielly - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2012 Draft)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2012, 03:54 PM
  #676
Bushwick Bill
Registered User
 
Bushwick Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Then you'd be crazy.
you serious bro?

Everytime I see one of schultz, gardiner, and rielly play they have been outstanding. There's no right or wrong answer in how you view who will be the better player in the long run because all 3 have shown incredible skill so far and it's anyones guess who is going to have the best career down the road.

Bushwick Bill is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 03:57 PM
  #677
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,325
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Brodziak View Post
you serious bro?

Everytime I see one of schultz, gardiner, and rielly play they have been outstanding. There's no right or wrong answer in how you view who will be the better player in the long run because all 3 have shown incredible skill so far and it's anyones guess who is going to have the best career down the road.
To Rielly's credit, he's a number of years younger. 4 years is a big difference at this stage.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 04:11 PM
  #678
Bushwick Bill
Registered User
 
Bushwick Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
yes i am aware that rielly is a better player then schultz and gardiner was 4 years ago

Bushwick Bill is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 05:52 PM
  #679
conway902
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
Blowing 20points in 14 AHL games out of the water will be mighty difficult even for Rielly. I dont think you are overvaluing rielly but maybe you are undervaluing schultz.
Im sorry Schultz is going to be great but he has the 3 best forwards in the league on his team, you cant compare what schultz is doing in the ahl to any prospect that has ever been in the ahl because none of these guys should be there.

Imagine Rielly in a few years playing in the ahl with Guys like Nathan MacKinnon, Sam Reinhart and Connor McDavid

conway902 is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 07:13 PM
  #680
NaiveLeafsFan
Registered User
 
NaiveLeafsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ajax, UofT
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
Im sorry Schultz is going to be great but he has the 3 best forwards in the league on his team, you cant compare what schultz is doing in the ahl to any prospect that has ever been in the ahl because none of these guys should be there.

Imagine Rielly in a few years playing in the ahl with Guys like Nathan MacKinnon, Sam Reinhart and Connor McDavid
WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

NaiveLeafsFan is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 12:28 AM
  #681
Leafs03
Registered User
 
Leafs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto On
Country: Albania
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
Rielly has the potential to be a much better player than Schults...I dont think Leafs would do the trade nor do i think Edm would want to do the trade. Edm wants to be good now and schults fits thats, Rielly is still way to young and has a lot of years too develop. But as for future, Rielly will be a better player..

Leafs03 is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 12:39 AM
  #682
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,619
vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs03 View Post
Rielly has the potential to be a much better player than Schults...I dont think Leafs would do the trade nor do i think Edm would want to do the trade. Edm wants to be good now and schults fits thats, Rielly is still way to young and has a lot of years too develop. But as for future, Rielly will likely be a better player..
FTFY. Otherwise you summed it up perfectly

Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
Im sorry Schultz is going to be great but he has the 3 best forwards in the league on his team, you cant compare what schultz is doing in the ahl to any prospect that has ever been in the ahl because none of these guys should be there.

Imagine Rielly in a few years playing in the ahl with Guys like Nathan MacKinnon, Sam Reinhart and Connor McDavid
To be fair, Schultz has been the best out of all of them so far this year

The Nuge is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 12:47 AM
  #683
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,561
vCash: 500
Guys I love the talk and comparison. However this is a thread about Morgan Rielly and his progression as a prospect not comparison NHL ready prospects. Let's stick with the topic please.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 07:04 AM
  #684
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,289
vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
FTFY. Otherwise you summed it up perfectly



To be fair, Schultz has been the best out of all of them so far this year
Regardless its harder to carry a team when your far and above the best player! Think M. Koivu, P. Kessel, J. Iginla, S. Doan, etc. etc. etc.(could even through in Sundin). Elite level production players who accomplished it with no supporting cast, through them with fellow elite level players, could even be slightly worse, and expect an increase in point totals.

The Podium is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 08:39 AM
  #685
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,723
vCash: 500
The hype is getting a bit out of hand.
I know its hard not to get excited with the kid but I'd calm down until he's playing in a higher level.

And I'd take Rielly over Schultz easily.

Vasilevskiy is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 09:12 AM
  #686
Sundinisagod
@snizzbone
 
Sundinisagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 7,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilevski View Post
The hype is getting a bit out of hand.
I know its hard not to get excited with the kid but I'd calm down until he's playing in a higher level.

And I'd take Rielly over Schultz easily.

Does this only apply to Leaf fans? Seems a silly statement to make on a prospects discussion board.

Sundinisagod is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 09:49 AM
  #687
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilevski View Post
The hype is getting a bit out of hand.
I know its hard not to get excited with the kid but I'd calm down until he's playing in a higher level.

And I'd take Rielly over Schultz easily.
What hype? The fact he is talked about a lot? No one is saying he is the next Orr or anything. There is just a lot of discussion. Also if you think this is crazy you should see the hype of Dougie Hamilton. People are already calling him a franchise D before he has played a game in the NHL.

Kulemon is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 10:00 AM
  #688
1972
Registered User
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
What hype? The fact he is talked about a lot? No one is saying he is the next Orr or anything. There is just a lot of discussion. Also if you think this is crazy you should see the hype of Dougie Hamilton. People are already calling him a franchise D before he has played a game in the NHL.
I dont see anyone who knows the game calling Hamilton a franchise defenceman, and you cant take alot of posters to seriously

1972 is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 10:19 AM
  #689
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,289
vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
I dont see anyone who knows the game calling Hamilton a franchise defenceman, and you cant take alot of posters to seriously
If i had the time i would find them. There is one B's poster very avid about it, and a few others who sprinkled it around. Look in the Rielly vs Hamilton one there is one in there guarenteed because i read it not too long ago.

The Podium is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 10:32 AM
  #690
1972
Registered User
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
If i had the time i would find them. There is one B's poster very avid about it, and a few others who sprinkled it around. Look in the Rielly vs Hamilton one there is one in there guarenteed because i read it not too long ago.
I would be suprised if a good poster said that.

1972 is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 10:40 AM
  #691
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,289
vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
I would be suprised if a good poster said that.
But then by that logic no players are overrated... If only the knowledgeable posters opinion were valid then the over/underrated tags would not exist. Its the radicals that make you go

The Podium is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 10:44 AM
  #692
NaiveLeafsFan
Registered User
 
NaiveLeafsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ajax, UofT
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
This thread needs more Rielly dangles.

NaiveLeafsFan is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 10:58 AM
  #693
1972
Registered User
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
But then by that logic no players are overrated... If only the knowledgeable posters opinion were valid then the over/underrated tags would not exist. Its the radicals that make you go
For prospects I would say so, I am a Ice Dogs season ticket holder and have never heard anyone say that Hamilton will be a franchise player in the NHL.

1972 is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 11:58 AM
  #694
Bushwick Bill
Registered User
 
Bushwick Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
going to see rielly play against the oil kings on friday, can't wait to see him live for the first time.. anything i should keep an eye on?

Bushwick Bill is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 12:01 PM
  #695
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,289
vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Brodziak View Post
going to see rielly play against the oil kings on friday, can't wait to see him live for the first time.. anything i should keep an eye on?
If he seems at all injured, he was favouring his leg a bit during the subway series.

The Podium is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 12:27 PM
  #696
SmellOfVictory
Registered User
 
SmellOfVictory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,754
vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
Im sorry Schultz is going to be great but he has the 3 best forwards in the league on his team, you cant compare what schultz is doing in the ahl to any prospect that has ever been in the ahl because none of these guys should be there.

Imagine Rielly in a few years playing in the ahl with Guys like Nathan MacKinnon, Sam Reinhart and Connor McDavid
Schultz did that all essentially without the help of those forwards. When he began leading the league in points, I don't think RNH or Eberle was even near a PPG pace, and Hall was still injured.

Also, to your second statement: none of those three forwards are going to be spending much, if any, time in the AHL. It's also incredibly unlikely that Toronto is going to get any of them. The team just isn't bad enough.

SmellOfVictory is online now  
Old
11-20-2012, 02:12 PM
  #697
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
What hype? The fact he is talked about a lot? No one is saying he is the next Orr or anything. There is just a lot of discussion. Also if you think this is crazy you should see the hype of Dougie Hamilton. People are already calling him a franchise D before he has played a game in the NHL.
I've seen leafs fans say the same thing about Rielly

JetsHomer is online now  
Old
11-20-2012, 02:13 PM
  #698
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim
 
Atomos2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Schultz did that all essentially without the help of those forwards. When he began leading the league in points, I don't think RNH or Eberle was even near a PPG pace, and Hall was still injured.

Also, to your second statement: none of those three forwards are going to be spending much, if any, time in the AHL. It's also incredibly unlikely that Toronto is going to get any of them. The team just isn't bad enough.
You can't really say that. Playing with those types of players makes the whole team better despite what it says on the stats sheet. It's about freeing up space on the ice, time on attack and about puck possession, not just points. Especially with both Eberle and RNH being high end NHL caliber players Schultz does have an advantage. That doesn't take anything away from his skill, but he just has more people to work with that are at his level.

Atomos2 is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 02:13 PM
  #699
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful
 
Tony Clifton Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,246
vCash: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Also, to your second statement: none of those three forwards are going to be spending much, if any, time in the AHL. It's also incredibly unlikely that Toronto is going to get any of them. The team just isn't bad enough.
If there's a season, I see the Leafs drafting as high as 5th overall, or as low as in the low 20s. I'm obviously hoping for the Leafs to make the playoffs, but it's not a bad year to have a top-draft pick. There's quite a few high-end forwards. The ISS's November ranking has: Monahan, Lazar, Shinkaruk, and Lindholm all being available from picks 5 - 10.

Tony Clifton Leaf is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 03:35 PM
  #700
doorman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Thunder Bay
Country: Canada
Posts: 414
vCash: 500
I know myself after seeing the subway series i am excited to see how he plays on a major stage such as the WJHC. Of course he has to make the team first,, but after playing like he did I would tend to think a spot is more his to lose then win, I just hope he doesn't see it that way.

As for Schultz, did I want to see him in Tor, absolutely. However he definately made the right choice for him in choosing Edm. He will be a very good player, IMO, but before all go crazy remember the NHL is a fsaster game then the AHL. So don't get to crazy if he doesn't produce at that crazy rate.

doorman is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.