HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LD Morgan Rielly - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2012 Draft)

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Bushwick Bill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Then you'd be crazy.
you serious bro?

Everytime I see one of schultz, gardiner, and rielly play they have been outstanding. There's no right or wrong answer in how you view who will be the better player in the long run because all 3 have shown incredible skill so far and it's anyones guess who is going to have the best career down the road.

Old
11-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Brodziak View Post
you serious bro?

Everytime I see one of schultz, gardiner, and rielly play they have been outstanding. There's no right or wrong answer in how you view who will be the better player in the long run because all 3 have shown incredible skill so far and it's anyones guess who is going to have the best career down the road.
To Rielly's credit, he's a number of years younger. 4 years is a big difference at this stage.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Bushwick Bill

yes i am aware that rielly is a better player then schultz and gardiner was 4 years ago

Old
11-19-2012, 05:52 PM
conway902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
Blowing 20points in 14 AHL games out of the water will be mighty difficult even for Rielly. I dont think you are overvaluing rielly but maybe you are undervaluing schultz.
Im sorry Schultz is going to be great but he has the 3 best forwards in the league on his team, you cant compare what schultz is doing in the ahl to any prospect that has ever been in the ahl because none of these guys should be there.

Imagine Rielly in a few years playing in the ahl with Guys like Nathan MacKinnon, Sam Reinhart and Connor McDavid

Old
11-19-2012, 07:13 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
Im sorry Schultz is going to be great but he has the 3 best forwards in the league on his team, you cant compare what schultz is doing in the ahl to any prospect that has ever been in the ahl because none of these guys should be there.

Imagine Rielly in a few years playing in the ahl with Guys like Nathan MacKinnon, Sam Reinhart and Connor McDavid
WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

Old
11-20-2012, 12:28 AM
Leafs03

Rielly has the potential to be a much better player than Schults...I dont think Leafs would do the trade nor do i think Edm would want to do the trade. Edm wants to be good now and schults fits thats, Rielly is still way to young and has a lot of years too develop. But as for future, Rielly will be a better player..

Old
11-20-2012, 12:39 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs03 View Post
Rielly has the potential to be a much better player than Schults...I dont think Leafs would do the trade nor do i think Edm would want to do the trade. Edm wants to be good now and schults fits thats, Rielly is still way to young and has a lot of years too develop. But as for future, Rielly will likely be a better player..
FTFY. Otherwise you summed it up perfectly

Quote:

To be fair, Schultz has been the best out of all of them so far this year

Old
11-20-2012, 12:47 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Guys I love the talk and comparison. However this is a thread about Morgan Rielly and his progression as a prospect not comparison NHL ready prospects. Let's stick with the topic please.

11-20-2012, 07:04 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
FTFY. Otherwise you summed it up perfectly

To be fair, Schultz has been the best out of all of them so far this year
Regardless its harder to carry a team when your far and above the best player! Think M. Koivu, P. Kessel, J. Iginla, S. Doan, etc. etc. etc.(could even through in Sundin). Elite level production players who accomplished it with no supporting cast, through them with fellow elite level players, could even be slightly worse, and expect an increase in point totals.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:39 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

The hype is getting a bit out of hand.
I know its hard not to get excited with the kid but I'd calm down until he's playing in a higher level.

And I'd take Rielly over Schultz easily.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:12 AM
Sundinisagod
@snizzbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilevski View Post
I know its hard not to get excited with the kid but I'd calm down until he's playing in a higher level.

Does this only apply to Leaf fans? Seems a silly statement to make on a prospects discussion board.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilevski View Post

What hype? The fact he is talked about a lot? No one is saying he is the next Orr or anything. There is just a lot of discussion. Also if you think this is crazy you should see the hype of Dougie Hamilton. People are already calling him a franchise D before he has played a game in the NHL.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
What hype? The fact he is talked about a lot? No one is saying he is the next Orr or anything. There is just a lot of discussion. Also if you think this is crazy you should see the hype of Dougie Hamilton. People are already calling him a franchise D before he has played a game in the NHL.
I dont see anyone who knows the game calling Hamilton a franchise defenceman, and you cant take alot of posters to seriously

Old
11-20-2012, 10:19 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
I dont see anyone who knows the game calling Hamilton a franchise defenceman, and you cant take alot of posters to seriously
If i had the time i would find them. There is one B's poster very avid about it, and a few others who sprinkled it around. Look in the Rielly vs Hamilton one there is one in there guarenteed because i read it not too long ago.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
If i had the time i would find them. There is one B's poster very avid about it, and a few others who sprinkled it around. Look in the Rielly vs Hamilton one there is one in there guarenteed because i read it not too long ago.
I would be suprised if a good poster said that.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:40 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
I would be suprised if a good poster said that.
But then by that logic no players are overrated... If only the knowledgeable posters opinion were valid then the over/underrated tags would not exist. Its the radicals that make you go

Old
11-20-2012, 10:44 AM
NaiveLeafsFan

This thread needs more Rielly dangles.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
But then by that logic no players are overrated... If only the knowledgeable posters opinion were valid then the over/underrated tags would not exist. Its the radicals that make you go
For prospects I would say so, I am a Ice Dogs season ticket holder and have never heard anyone say that Hamilton will be a franchise player in the NHL.

Old
11-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Bushwick Bill

going to see rielly play against the oil kings on friday, can't wait to see him live for the first time.. anything i should keep an eye on?

Old
11-20-2012, 12:01 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Brodziak View Post
going to see rielly play against the oil kings on friday, can't wait to see him live for the first time.. anything i should keep an eye on?
If he seems at all injured, he was favouring his leg a bit during the subway series.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:27 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:

Schultz did that all essentially without the help of those forwards. When he began leading the league in points, I don't think RNH or Eberle was even near a PPG pace, and Hall was still injured.

Also, to your second statement: none of those three forwards are going to be spending much, if any, time in the AHL. It's also incredibly unlikely that Toronto is going to get any of them. The team just isn't bad enough.

Old
11-20-2012, 02:12 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
I've seen leafs fans say the same thing about Rielly

Old
11-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Schultz did that all essentially without the help of those forwards. When he began leading the league in points, I don't think RNH or Eberle was even near a PPG pace, and Hall was still injured.

Also, to your second statement: none of those three forwards are going to be spending much, if any, time in the AHL. It's also incredibly unlikely that Toronto is going to get any of them. The team just isn't bad enough.
You can't really say that. Playing with those types of players makes the whole team better despite what it says on the stats sheet. It's about freeing up space on the ice, time on attack and about puck possession, not just points. Especially with both Eberle and RNH being high end NHL caliber players Schultz does have an advantage. That doesn't take anything away from his skill, but he just has more people to work with that are at his level.

Old
11-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

vCash: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
If there's a season, I see the Leafs drafting as high as 5th overall, or as low as in the low 20s. I'm obviously hoping for the Leafs to make the playoffs, but it's not a bad year to have a top-draft pick. There's quite a few high-end forwards. The ISS's November ranking has: Monahan, Lazar, Shinkaruk, and Lindholm all being available from picks 5 - 10.

Old
11-20-2012, 03:35 PM
doorman

I know myself after seeing the subway series i am excited to see how he plays on a major stage such as the WJHC. Of course he has to make the team first,, but after playing like he did I would tend to think a spot is more his to lose then win, I just hope he doesn't see it that way.

As for Schultz, did I want to see him in Tor, absolutely. However he definately made the right choice for him in choosing Edm. He will be a very good player, IMO, but before all go crazy remember the NHL is a fsaster game then the AHL. So don't get to crazy if he doesn't produce at that crazy rate.

Closed Thread