2012-2013 Trade Rumours

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2012, 11:16 PM
chewerjones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
I agree that Herbst is definitely not going anywhere. Tierney, plus say a Jammes and possibly one pick would maybe get you one guy. That would be the price. Problem is that Monahan has had good enough success to probably be playing in his last season in the OHL so this likely would be a one year proposition. But, I would go for it for sure as that's what it will take to make a serious run. Other options would be a Bo Horvat plus a good pick as Ottawa would be getting a proven guy back they can keep for a few years and have another top pick for the future.
MOnahan and Ceci would command a King's Ransom because they will be around in the OHL next year. Either Horvat or Domi would have to go the other way, plus young prospects and many draft picks.

BOth are great OHL players, but the NHL is a BIG STEP.

They both never come off the ice and most of their points are PP. They play all key situations. 5 on 5 is where you separate the men from the boys. Monahan gets alot of points, and you cant deny his talent, but he overall, he is lazy many a time, but gets away with it, because he can plop himself around the net and rack up PP points.

JMO

Old
11-16-2012, 11:40 PM
sbrug

Ceci will be in the A next year. And if Monahan is so good, he will be in the N. Domi and Horvat are not going anywhere. Hunter managed to get Watson, McKegg, Cook, and Teichmann for Fox (decent), Donnay (garbage), Hatcher (garbage) and 3 picks. I bet he could get one or two of the Ottawa boys for some of his 95s not named Domi and Horvat and picks. Actually, I'd be shocked if Hunter even considers trading Elie, Platzer or Liberati. Those three are playing like 19 year olds right now and Liberati's already the best offensive D on the Knights at the moment. Pawley and Jammes have trouble staying in the lineup, but they have value, no doubt. Hunter is the best GM in the O and has been for a while. He'll work his magic soon and everyone else will be unhappy again.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:48 PM
JaredCowenFan
PS4: SenzFan2

Can someone please tell me if there is any rumblings I havn't heard about Red Deer Rebel's Mathew Dumba(I know this is the OHL Trade Rumours Thread but I couldn't find a WHL one). Please let me know, thanks.

Old
11-17-2012, 12:58 AM
OSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Ceci will be in the A next year. And if Monahan is so good, he will be in the N. Domi and Horvat are not going anywhere. Hunter managed to get Watson, McKegg, Cook, and Teichmann for Fox (decent), Donnay (garbage), Hatcher (garbage) and 3 picks. I bet he could get one or two of the Ottawa boys for some of his 95s not named Domi and Horvat and picks. Actually, I'd be shocked if Hunter even considers trading Elie, Platzer or Liberati. Those three are playing like 19 year olds right now and Liberati's already the best offensive D on the Knights at the moment. Pawley and Jammes have trouble staying in the lineup, but they have value, no doubt. Hunter is the best GM in the O and has been for a while. He'll work his magic soon and everyone else will be unhappy again.
Its a lot easier to fleece a team when a player states that he will only accept a trade to a handful of teams (and London is almost always one of those teams). No doubt that Mark Hunter is still one of the best (and Dave Reid was one of the worst) but let's be honest here, if there were more teams allowed in the mix then the cost would have been much higher for Austin Watson. And if what Mark gave was up to Peterborough was the most he would give then there's no doubt that Watson would have landed elsewhere.

Old
11-17-2012, 01:01 AM
OSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
Can someone please tell me if there is any rumblings I havn't heard about Red Deer Rebel's Mathew Dumba(I know this is the OHL Trade Rumours Thread but I couldn't find a WHL one). Please let me know, thanks.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/fo...ysprune=&f=149

Old
11-17-2012, 03:45 AM
JaredCowenFan
PS4: SenzFan2

Thanks but I already know that. I wanted a specific thread for WHL Trade Rumours.

I read you can't post threads yourself, is this true?

Old
11-17-2012, 09:11 AM
wings5

Quote:
Thanks but I already know that. I wanted a specific thread for WHL Trade Rumours.

not true.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:19 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSA View Post
Its a lot easier to fleece a team when a player states that he will only accept a trade to a handful of teams (and London is almost always one of those teams). No doubt that Mark Hunter is still one of the best (and Dave Reid was one of the worst) but let's be honest here, if there were more teams allowed in the mix then the cost would have been much higher for Austin Watson. And if what Mark gave was up to Peterborough was the most he would give then there's no doubt that Watson would have landed elsewhere.
Yes the KNights have a bit of an adv in that they are a desirable location for a # of reasons- most to do with how the Hunters have run this program.

But Watson was a different type scenario. Sarnia stepped up and thought they had a deal. It fell thru (not suprisingly) After that Watson told em since ya dont want me move me Im done after the world jr. ANother deal with Ktown fell thru ( see a pattern here?) and the PEtes were left with no competition in the buyers market (thru no fault of their own) MArk swept in and got him 50 cents on the dollar. Opportunistic I say.

Old
11-17-2012, 12:57 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:

I took care of it for you, here you go:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1284481

Generally speaking though, you'll find the WHL boards are considerably quieter than the OHL boards...despite moving to Alberta I still spend most of my time on the OHL boards for my junior hockey fix...

Old
11-17-2012, 01:05 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Tierney, plus say a Jammes and possibly one pick would maybe get you one guy. That would be the price.
I would think that the Colts could, make a more attractive offer than that to the 67s that includes 95/96 born players instead of 94/95. Campbell has shown the willingness to overpay in the past (i.e. Strome +4 picks for AP), and I think he would here as well. Especially if they aren't going to play Yuill top 4 minutes, you might as well trade him...

Old
11-17-2012, 02:37 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
I would think that the Colts could, make a more attractive offer than that to the 67s that includes 95/96 born players instead of 94/95. Campbell has shown the willingness to overpay in the past (i.e. Strome +4 picks for AP), and I think he would here as well. Especially if they aren't going to play Yuill top 4 minutes, you might as well trade him...
Problem is that teams like Ottawa, Belleville and others are worse than Barrie at playing their young guys so Yuill going to Ottawa would probably be worse for him. Look at Vlajkov and Perklin last year and see how little, if at all, they played. And we're not talking about 7/8th round picks but 1st and 2nd rounders. Might be good for Barrie and in the end they hold the ultimate choice over who comes and goes but for Yuill that's not a good choice.

Old
11-18-2012, 11:58 AM
NHL Fanatic

Some GM's don't like to trade kids during the ending stages of the semester in school. Expect most moves of high school aged players to be around December/January.

Old
11-18-2012, 01:47 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Some GM's don't like to trade kids during the ending stages of the semester in school. Expect most moves of high school aged players to be around December/January.
That's actually thoughtful.

Old
11-18-2012, 07:23 PM
dogfan

If Yuill is the guy the Colts would look to move, I'd bet Niagara would take him in a potential Dougie Hamilton move. He'd probably get top 4 minutes by that time as well. Could be another Pietrangelo type deal. Then Strome and Ritchie can be moved to the west.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Pacesetter

Get off this Yuill trade rumors, the kid is getting all the ice time he deserves.

Old
11-19-2012, 07:38 AM
Johnsb

Not everyone would agree with that. I for one believe he should be getting way more than he is.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfan View Post
If Yuill is the guy the Colts would look to move, I'd bet Niagara would take him in a potential Dougie Hamilton move. He'd probably get top 4 minutes by that time as well. Could be another Pietrangelo type deal. Then Strome and Ritchie can be moved to the west.
Is Niagara really going to sell if Hamilton and Strome are still around by the deadline (lockout still ongoing)...They are only 3 points out of the conference lead and playing .667 hockey. They are a damn good team.

Old
11-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Is Niagara really going to sell if Hamilton and Strome are still around by the deadline (lockout still ongoing)...They are only 3 points out of the conference lead and playing .667 hockey. They are a damn good team.
I can't see them selling. They are a very good hockey team and decent goaltending. I'll be intersted to see how they stack up with the Knights Dec.7th
That may be a measuring stick used by Niagara Brass to see how much they need to buy or if they sell.

Old
11-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacesetter View Post
Get off this Yuill trade rumors, the kid is getting all the ice time he deserves.
Hate to break it to yah....but....

Old
11-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Ottomatic

Spits should trade Adam Bateman for Alex Yuill - both underachieving 17yo high draft picks who could benefit from a change of scenery.

Last edited by Ottomatic: 11-19-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old
11-19-2012, 01:50 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Spits should trade Adam Bateman for Alex Yuill - both underachieving 17yo high draft picks who could benefit from a change of scenery.
I would prefer not to deal with Barrie. Rychel got Parlett (steaming hot pile of garbage) and picks for Mike Weber. Only redeeming quality Parlett had was they dealt him quickly for Rob Kwiet. Last year Rychel got Devlin (dumpster fire) for picks. Rychel has never got anything good from Barrie. Time to institute a trade embargo with Barrie.

Old
11-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Pony

Yuill deserves way more ice time than he has been getting, but it's going to Webster who is nowhere near the talent of Yuill. Yuill would be a good get for any team and it's likely the Colts would move him. He can't be too happy watching a player with much less talent get his ice time because of Webster's dad's relationship with the owner.

Old
11-20-2012, 02:49 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony View Post
Yuill deserves way more ice time than he has been getting, but it's going to Webster who is nowhere near the talent of Yuill. Yuill would be a good get for any team and it's likely the Colts would move him. He can't be too happy watching a player with much less talent get his ice time because of Webster's dad's relationship with the owner.
The sad part is that people are judging him based on sparse playing time and non-ideal ice and thus grading him poorly. I can bring up players who have had a lot of ice and who aren't performing and those assessments would be more accurate than grading someone who's not able to show you much due to no ice, no PP, etc.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:59 PM
superspitfan99

Quote:
The sad part is that people are judging him based on sparse playing time and non-ideal ice and thus grading him poorly. I can bring up players who have had a lot of ice and who aren't performing and those assessments would be more accurate than grading someone who's not able to show you much due to no ice, no PP, etc.
Unfortunately he's not in a situation which doesn't happen all the time because of hockey politics. It's too bad because some of the mid-level players may actually be more than they are if only given the right direction and opportunities.

Old
11-21-2012, 08:23 AM
bidzey

Well it's not a rumor, it's a done deal, Owen Sound just picked up Sean Malone from Erie Otters, but I can't find much on him, he's not even listed on the Otter's roster list. Says he's 14th best in American players for the 2013 NHL entry draft. Anybody seen or know this guy? Is this a push from Owen Sound to go all the way?

Closed Thread