HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guess what? You're not funny.

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

vCash: 500
sooo If the last words you hear from someone are those magical 3 words before they leave and completly block everything coming from you, what the **** does that mean?

:

Old
11-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Knock knock.

Old
11-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
sooo If the last words you hear from someone are those magical 3 words before they leave and completly block everything coming from you, what the **** does that mean?

:
Block them back, for they are psycho.

Old
11-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:

:
Depends on what those 3 magical words are:

Get outta here
We're so done
Screw you, asshat
Its not you
Don't call again
I'm dialing 911
So, walrus thighs (blubber)

Old
11-20-2012, 02:48 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Anyone else work with someone who sends you an email, then walks over to you to tell you that they sent you an email?

I find this super annoying.

Old
11-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Anyone else work with someone who sends you an email, then walks over to you to tell you that they sent you an email?

I find this super annoying.
That is annoying, unless they're doing it because they wanted to send you a doc or copy and paste some crap relevant to the conversation they want to have with you.

Old
11-20-2012, 02:56 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
That is annoying, unless they're doing it because they wanted to send you a doc or copy and paste some crap relevant to the conversation they want to have with you.
Nope. Just walks over to tell me that he sent me something. I hate that. I intentionally only check my email every 15-20 minutes because I get a LOT, and it's distracting to have the thing pop up every minute. I then feel compelled to check it NOW because it MUST be important since he walked over here.

It's usually more annoying because these emails always involve me responding for more info since he's incapable of providing me everything I need to handle his requests.

Ah, co-workers.

Old
11-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Make sure you don't unplug it while it runs it's day one patch. My friend did that because he thought it locked up, and bricked it. Apparently that's happening a fair amount.

Sucked, because I wanted to try it.
I'm already aware of that, but thanks for the warning anyway.

Old
11-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:

:
Was it "I hate you"? Sounds obvious to me what it means!

Old
11-20-2012, 03:23 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
1.5 hours until I am done until monday

Old
11-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirgsAndGrigs View Post
ditto, and I can't wait. Other than the 8 hours of being in the car, it's going to be a great Thanksgiving break.

Old
11-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirgsAndGrigs View Post
The downside to my new gig being in the mall... I work all weekend and I'm sure it'll be a mad house with all the people shopping.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:00 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

So, I have an excel spreadsheet that I update that contains information for all of the salesmen and the sales manager. I am looking for a way to share this online as a living document, where I can give them a permanent link that they can click on.

Ideally, everytime I update the document from my desk PC it automatically updates it, so that whenever my salesmen click on the link they get the most up to date information.

The problem I have right now is that I'm having to print out a copy of the sheet for every person in the sales department, so I limit printings to twice a week to save paper/ink.

But I update the document on a daily basis, so often-times the information they have is out of date. Any ideas? I've tried google docs, but having to constantly manually re-upload the file is a pain. Also, some people see different versions of the sheets depending on what information they are/aren't allowed to see, which means I'd have to have several different versions of the document uploaded with different links for different people.

So, any ideas? I could just email them an updated version of the file, but then they're going to be downloading the same version of a slightly different file 5-6 times a week, which is a hassle.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
So, I have an excel spreadsheet that I update that contains information for all of the salesmen and the sales manager. I am looking for a way to share this online as a living document, where I can give them a permanent link that they can click on.

Ideally, everytime I update the document from my desk PC it automatically updates it, so that whenever my salesmen click on the link they get the most up to date information.

The problem I have right now is that I'm having to print out a copy of the sheet for every person in the sales department, so I limit printings to twice a week to save paper/ink.

But I update the document on a daily basis, so often-times the information they have is out of date. Any ideas? I've tried google docs, but having to constantly manually re-upload the file is a pain. Also, some people see different versions of the sheets depending on what information they are/aren't allowed to see, which means I'd have to have several different versions of the document uploaded with different links for different people.

So, any ideas? I could just email them an updated version of the file, but then they're going to be downloading the same version of a slightly different file 5-6 times a week, which is a hassle.
You guys don't have a network?

Old
11-20-2012, 04:09 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:

Why not Google Docs? Also, I think newer versions of Office have SkyDrive or something else that allows you to publish your stuff.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:11 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
You guys don't have a network?
Nope, we're a small dealership and I'm literally the only person who would even remotely resemble an IT department.

I've proposed the idea to them before, but they don't see it as super important since I'd probably be the only person who would/could be able to use it.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:11 PM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:

I love our sharepoint.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:13 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Why not Google Docs? Also, I think newer versions of Office have SkyDrive or something else that allows you to publish your stuff.
This. Google docs is perfect for this.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:14 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
I can use Google Docs, but it has some weaknesses like the constant need for me to upload 2-3 separate versions of the same file every-time something changes, the inability to edit the file in that interface, and the fact that it doesn't show colors (I use them to show people what's new on the list, otherwise it's hard to tell what has changed).

If I'm just not fully understanding google docs, feel free to educate me. In the meantime I'll use it, but just seeing if there's anything better out there.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
Nope, we're a small dealership and I'm literally the only person who would even remotely resemble an IT department.

I've proposed the idea to them before, but they don't see it as super important since I'd probably be the only person who would/could be able to use it.
Assuming you guys are all in the same building and on the same LAN, you could still just setup a local share on your computer and give them all access to it.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:28 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
Assuming you guys are all in the same building and on the same LAN, you could still just setup a local share on your computer and give them all access to it.
This (and I'm not an IT guy). You must have some form of basic network if people are capable of printing to common printers, accessing the Internet, etc., even if you lack dedicated server / shares for common mutual access of shared documents.

Sharepoints a good solution, but I'm more a novice at it. If the interface is a canned template, then it seems fine (from what I've seen from our use at my employer).

Bigger question: Is your employer's efficiency, accuracy, effectiveness, & profitability significantly limited by its IT systems? That's not a good sign, if true.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:40 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Right, that's exactly why I posted that here. I figured there was something really simple I was overlooking.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:43 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
This (and I'm not an IT guy). You must have some form of basic network if people are capable of printing to common printers, accessing the Internet, etc., even if you lack dedicated server / shares for common mutual access of shared documents.

Sharepoints a good solution, but I'm more a novice at it. If the interface is a canned template, then it seems fine (from what I've seen from our use at my employer).

Bigger question: Is your employer's efficiency, accuracy, effectiveness, & profitability significantly limited by its IT systems? That's not a good sign, if true.
Not particularly no. It's not a huge dealership, so the most common way we distribute information and communicate is through printing stuff off and handing it out, word of mouth, or emailing stuff through outlook. This works well enough since most interactions are on a one to one basis, I'm really the only person that needs more functionality.

Most of the people in my department are borderline computer illiterate, so keeping it simple for now seems to be the best way to go.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
Not particularly no. It's not a huge dealership, so the most common way we distribute information and communicate is through printing stuff off and handing it out, word of mouth, or emailing stuff through outlook. This works well enough since most interactions are on a one to one basis, I'm really the only person that needs more functionality.

Most of the people in my department are borderline computer illiterate, so keeping it simple for now seems to be the best way to go.
Get a big white board.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:52 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Ugh, all of the permissions and passwords are still in the hands of our outside networking consultant. I really need to convince the owners to let them go and just pay me more money.

Last edited by HockeyH3aven: 11-20-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Closed Thread