HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXIV - November Rain

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

vCash: 500
It really is gonna likely be the same proposal they've constantly presented when the PA puts it forth.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:31 PM
HeliDevil
Ride the Schneid

I'm slowly coming to realization that there will be no season. Fehr is such a moron. So pathetic.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:52 PM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

If there is no season this time it will truly take over as dumbest lockout ever. Just for the fact that there were regular meetings(Did not have this in 04/05) and S Fehr, and Bill Daly being ''In touch'' daily(To talk about what? Bowel movements?) and everyone involved farting around like it's a game. Not to mention the 04/05 one was over the salary cap. What is this one about again?

It's truly pathetic that they're meeting regularly unlike 04/05, and like I said in touch daily. What a cruel joke this is.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Players will decide on Tuesday if they'll make, or not, a formal proposal to the NHL. I expect they will and the next meeting should be Wed.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:40 AM
goalvalchuk17

the players have to make a proposal. its all about how both side looks and the pa would look horrible if they didnt present an offer.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:58 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalchukparise179 View Post
the players have to make a proposal. its all about how both side looks and the pa would look horrible if they didnt present an offer.
Problem being Don doesn't care about PR 'at all'. Especially now that he's turned the NHLPA into what he and Marvin Miller turned the MLBPA into, a bunch of whiny automatons who parrot the same talking points, don't negotiate and think giving away a penny is too much.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
The players definitely need to make an offer that makes some real steps toward compromise. Right now, Fehr keeps submitting the same proposals and expecting the answer to be different.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:45 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
The players definitely need to make an offer that makes some real steps toward compromise. Right now, Fehr keeps submitting the same proposals and expecting the answer to be different.
The definition of insanity you say?

Old
11-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

A bunch of greedy ********. **** them all.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Unions never win these things. If the NHLPA is insistent on bringing the same proposals to the table there is no hope.

At no point did I ever think the season was going to be lost...that's changing now. Let us not forget...Donald Fehr is the reason the WORLD SERIES was canceled DURING the playoffs.

Old
11-20-2012, 11:06 AM
apice3*

Fehr's problem is he doesn't realize that there's a huge difference in the money and fan base the MLB has vs. the money and fan base the NHL has.

I mean, he doesn't care regardless. This will get settled eventually, he'll get his cut, and why should he care if the league never returns? He has nothing invested in it.

Old
11-20-2012, 11:10 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Unions never win these things. If the NHLPA is insistent on bringing the same proposals to the table there is no hope.

At no point did I ever think the season was going to be lost...that's changing now. Let us not forget...Donald Fehr is the reason the WORLD SERIES was canceled DURING the playoffs.
I don't disagree, just wanted to correct the last part, the '94 baseball strike began in August, they weren't in the playoffs yet.

Old
11-20-2012, 11:27 AM
CerebralGenesis

Steroids saved baseball after Fehr attempted to dismantle it. And then the players got sick and everyone blamed the union for not keeping them healthy and safe. Don't forget that the disparity in pay in the MLB in the early 2000s was absurd.

Only one man could do that before heading to help with the NHL's 2005 labor dispute.

Old
11-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

Hey guys Fehr, and Daly spoke late into the night last night. I would bet most of the call was about their sex, and bathroom lives! What do these guys spend so much time talking about honestly?

Old
11-20-2012, 03:31 PM
MadDevil

Part of the problem is I think the league thought they were just going to strong arm the players into getting what they wanted like they did in the last lockout. By making that first insulting offer, and through some of the things that have happened since, I think the league has only galvanized the players against them. The whole thing seems to be more personal than business, and that's just not going to work.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:17 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I was listening to HNIC a little bit on the NHL Network earlier and one of the guests was Bob Hartley. When they said he was the coach of Calgary I was floored, I completely forgot Hartley was back in the NHL let alone with Calgary. This lockout needs to end now. Any longer and I might be able to forget Parise is in Minnesota...well probably not

Old
11-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
from Kevin McGran of the Toronto Star,
The sides have more or less agreed to:
• Change the free agent calendar, meaning the market would open on June 15 or 48 hours after the awarding of the Stanley Cup — the players want whichever is later — instead of July 1. Arbitration dates may change as well.
• Allow cap space to be included in transactions, to encourage trades and get teams out from under heavy contracts.
• A joint health committee.
• Eliminate re-entry waivers.
• A neutral, third-party arbitrator to deal with appeals for on- and off-ice discipline.
• Minimum roster requirements to avoid situations where teams dress fewer than 18 players to save salary cap room.

Old
11-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Nick0930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
• Change the free agent calendar, meaning the market would open on June 15 or 48 hours after the awarding of the Stanley Cup — the players want whichever is later — instead of July 1. Arbitration dates may change as well.
So Lou is gonna have to work fast if the Devils reach the finals again since he doesn't sign people during the season.

Old
11-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I was listening to HNIC a little bit on the NHL Network earlier and one of the guests was Bob Hartley. When they said he was the coach of Calgary I was floored, I completely forgot Hartley was back in the NHL let alone with Calgary. This lockout needs to end now. Any longer and I might be able to forget Parise is in Minnesota...well probably not
One of my favorite's I've forgotten is Semin signing with Carolina!

Old
11-20-2012, 06:04 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
So Lou is gonna have to work fast if the Devils reach the finals again since he doesn't sign people during the season.
OH SNAP!

Old
11-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

He's gotta start trying to sign people during the season. No excuse not to, and with the money we saved not signing Parise, some of that should go to Clarkson, and Zajac. If they wanna leave or test the market though then that's not on Lou. Though we can't have another July 1st(Or June 15th/day after SCF) like we did last year. Also please don't let Patty go to UFA for gods sake like Marty last year.

There really is no excuse not to get at least one of them signed well before UFA period though. At least Patty, and Clarkie.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:00 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
One of my favorite's I've forgotten is Semin signing with Carolina!
I can't forget that one, it's all we talked about around here for two months - although him going to Carolina on another one-year deal is the most anticlimactic ending for something that took weeks to work out. Semin twiddling his thumbs for weeks waiting for a big money deal is like the NHLPA twiddling their thumbs now waiting for the NHL to capitulate, with the same likelihood of happening. I'd actually rather have another two months of Semin speculation and jokes than the last two months of nonsense.

Amazingly I even remembered Jagr went to Dallas though I'll still wind up doing a double take when this is all over at him in a Stars jersey, assuming he even gets to play a game there. One I do have to remind myself about is Aaron Asham going to the Rangers

Old
11-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

I keep forgetting Jagr in Dallas! People wanted us to sign him before he went there as a backup plan to Zach in case he left. Although Jagr signed with Dallas on July 1st I believe, days before Parise signed in Minnesota. I wouldn't have minded Jagr at this point. Like his follow draft classmate Marty, his best days are behind him, but he's shown a lot of signs of dominance at times, and a high level of play still. Though I definitely wouldn't have wanted him at $4+ million like Dallas got him for. I think I'd rather have him for $2.5 tops maybe $3.

He looked like he ran out of gas like Sykie late in the year.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:18 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I keep forgetting Jagr in Dallas! People wanted us to sign him before he went there as a backup plan to Zach in case he left. Although Jagr signed with Dallas on July 1st I believe, days before Parise signed in Minnesota. I wouldn't have minded Jagr at this point. Like his follow draft classmate Marty, his best days are behind him, but he's shown a lot of signs of dominance at times, and a high level of play still. Though I definitely wouldn't have wanted him at $4+ million like Dallas got him for. I think I'd rather have him for $2.5 tops maybe $3.

He looked like he ran out of gas like Sykie late in the year.
**** him, what a pus. him even mentioned in a devils jersey is comical to me.

edit: patty 6 points!

Old
11-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

Haha I really wouldn't have minded him though. For much less than what Dallas gave him. We did trade for Beezer who I never saw coming in a million years! Could just sign Sykie who can score as many goals as Jagr anyway for a million or less.

Still kinda bummed on Semin. He would have been great on just a one year deal. I never thought we could get him on a one year deal either, and then he signs with Carolina after the GM talked a bunch of **** about him publicly, for a mere one year deal.

Closed Thread