HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Guess what? You're not funny.

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2012, 03:55 PM
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Nope. Just walks over to tell me that he sent me something. I hate that. I intentionally only check my email every 15-20 minutes because I get a LOT, and it's distracting to have the thing pop up every minute. I then feel compelled to check it NOW because it MUST be important since he walked over here.

It's usually more annoying because these emails always involve me responding for more info since he's incapable of providing me everything I need to handle his requests.

Ah, co-workers.
I had some of that at my old job, but my big pet peeve was people that were so averse to e-mail as a means of transferring information. In a highly technical field, rattling off a bunch of numbers in a long monologue is about the worst way to pass them along.

Old
11-20-2012, 03:56 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Ugh, all of the permissions and passwords are still in the hands of our outside networking consultant. I really need to convince the owners to let them go and just pay me more money.
Or, retain the consultant, but get permission to be an administrator on the system, or get administrator privilege on a partitioned portion of the network.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Block them back, for they are psycho.
Stopped trying now. Oh well, she had that non psycho vibe going for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
Depends on what those 3 magical words are:

Get outta here
We're so done
Screw you, asshat
Its not you
Don't call again
I'm dialing 911
So, walrus thighs (blubber)
nope, none of them. Would've made it much easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Was it "I hate you"? Sounds obvious to me what it means!
She probably meant that

Old
11-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
So, I have an excel spreadsheet that I update that contains information for all of the salesmen and the sales manager. I am looking for a way to share this online as a living document, where I can give them a permanent link that they can click on.

Ideally, everytime I update the document from my desk PC it automatically updates it, so that whenever my salesmen click on the link they get the most up to date information.

The problem I have right now is that I'm having to print out a copy of the sheet for every person in the sales department, so I limit printings to twice a week to save paper/ink.

But I update the document on a daily basis, so often-times the information they have is out of date. Any ideas? I've tried google docs, but having to constantly manually re-upload the file is a pain. Also, some people see different versions of the sheets depending on what information they are/aren't allowed to see, which means I'd have to have several different versions of the document uploaded with different links for different people.

So, any ideas? I could just email them an updated version of the file, but then they're going to be downloading the same version of a slightly different file 5-6 times a week, which is a hassle.

Your problem... I think I located it.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Ugh, all of the permissions and passwords are still in the hands of our outside networking consultant. I really need to convince the owners to let them go and just pay me more money.
Are you locked out from creating a folder directly on your C:\ drive? If you can do that and share it, it would be accessible to anyone on the LAN from \\yourcomputername\sharename.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
Stopped trying now. Oh well, she had that non psycho vibe going for her.

nope, none of them. Would've made it much easier.

She probably meant that
Unfortunately the ability to understand them equates removal of man card and/or testes. Don't try to talk or call her for a few days and she'll probably crawl back; if you play the social media game, change your status to back on the market.

Old
11-20-2012, 05:00 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Are you locked out from creating a folder directly on your C:\ drive? If you can do that and share it, it would be accessible to anyone on the LAN from \\yourcomputername\sharename.
The problem I'm having is the majority of our salesmen's PC's are still using windows xp, so the only way I know how to do something like that (homegroups) won't work.

I also tried just making a folder on our network drive, but even as the admin I don't have the permission (I am prompted with a password that I do not know).

Is there another way I'm just not seeing?

Old
11-20-2012, 05:03 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
The problem I'm having is the majority of our salesmen's PC's are still using windows xp, so the only way I know how to do something like that (homegroups) won't work.

I also tried just making a folder on our network drive, but even as the admin I don't have the permission (I am prompted with a password that I do not know).

Is there another way I'm just not seeing?
All depends on how the IT people set it up, but I assume it's sloppy and disorganized. You could just have them come in at some point and setup a share somewhere for your file. Or just ask them to do it next time they're there.

Old
11-20-2012, 05:07 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
All depends on how the IT people set it up, but I assume it's sloppy and disorganized. You could just have them come in at some point and setup a share somewhere for your file. Or just ask them to do it next time they're there.
I don't think I've ever even seen them. Pretty sure I'm alone on this.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
Unfortunately the ability to understand them equates removal of man card and/or testes. Don't try to talk or call her for a few days and she'll probably crawl back; if you play the social media game, change your status to back on the market.

Stopped already, well see. I'd just like to know why the hell she said that and then bailed.

For the life of me I can't shake the crazy chick magnet off me.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:27 PM
oldgoalie
In rebuild hell

So my son now has me hooked on "Walking Dead". Wow. What a great show. Friggin special effects are awesome.

I just started reading the "Wheel of Time" series. I know what I'll be reading for the next 4387653987369 months...14 books in the series.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

What about Dropbox? It's free, when you save a file to your Dropbox folder it updates to every Dropbox that is signed it with that account info. There for when you save it is instantly available on all their computers instantly as long as you have them signed in.

It's what we use to share things that get updates weekly between our seven locations.

Old
11-20-2012, 11:58 PM
cybresabre
Sir Hellcat

Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
What about Dropbox? It's free, when you save a file to your Dropbox folder it updates to every Dropbox that is signed it with that account info. There for when you save it is instantly available on all their computers instantly as long as you have them signed in.

It's what we use to share things that get updates weekly between our seven locations.
I use dropbox in a similar way all the time, but it's data that only I could (or would want to) see. Have all the spreadsheets save to the dropbox folder, but require a password.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:27 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

How does one find one particular person with a name like 1200 others in UB? I need help.

Old
11-21-2012, 06:49 AM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
How does one find one particular person with a name like 1200 others in UB? I need help.
Facebook stalking, eh?

Old
11-21-2012, 07:14 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Last night my BP shot up, but I didn't do anything stupid when I saw the last person in the world I ever want to see.....

Old
11-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Clock

Vacation has almost begun.

Old
11-21-2012, 07:54 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Day 5 of my 9 day weekend.

I can't believe it's almost half over already....

Old
11-21-2012, 08:37 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Had dinner with the GF and her parents last night before they left for Denver to spend Thanksgiving with her brother. Her parents are super cool, but MAN her father intimidates the crap out of me. Not intentionally or anything, just an imposing figure. Plus I'm constantly self judging myself in front of him. When dad is a professor with a PhD, GF has her PhD and is working on her post-doc, and brother is an MD, it's hard not to get a bit paranoid just being an IT grunt.

Old
11-21-2012, 08:43 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Had dinner with the GF and her parents last night before they left for Denver to spend Thanksgiving with her brother. Her parents are super cool, but MAN her father intimidates the crap out of me. Not intentionally or anything, just an imposing figure. Plus I'm constantly self judging myself in front of him. When dad is a professor with a PhD, GF has her PhD and is working on her post-doc, and brother is an MD, it's hard not to get a bit paranoid just being an IT grunt.
Some of this sounds eerily familiar ...

Old
11-21-2012, 09:37 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
If on facebook, and you have mutual friends (or you know a friend of hers that is easier to search for), find the friend then search the friends list and hope the privacy settings aren't such that you're screwed.

Old
11-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
I feel like your relationship with this lady is new-ish. Sounds like it's progressing nicely.

Old
11-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
If on facebook, and you have mutual friends (or you know a friend of hers that is easier to search for), find the friend then search the friends list and hope the privacy settings aren't such that you're screwed.
I was just gonna use the UB emails. Idt she has fb

Old
11-21-2012, 10:01 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
I feel like your relationship with this lady is new-ish. Sounds like it's progressing nicely.
Pretty new. Basically from Labor Day-ish. Met her through a friend of mine that's doing his post-doc at the same place. She's really awesome, we get along great. Both of ended up putting all our cards on the table really early on, and we communicate very well too, so that helps.

Obviously still early on, but cautiously optimistic. I certainly won't complain after all the crap I've been through in the last 18 months.

Old
11-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
You sound like you've done this one too many times. Do you have a few restraining orders hanging in your closet?

Closed Thread