HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chris Stewart, Ty Rattie, Blues 2013 1st

Old
11-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I don't know what's wrong with my definition of B prospect. Rattie is just that.

"A" prospects are reserved for players like Granlund, Huberdeau, Tarasenko, Baertschi, Kuznetsov, etc.
I think most people would define those as elite prospects. "A" prospects will most likely end up a top-6/-4 player, while "B" prospects are likely to become bottom-6ers/3rd pairing. That's just my own opinion, but as long as you realize that Rattie would be your best prospect after Baertchi, then fine.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Bluesnatic27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Jake Gardiner?
For who?

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I looked this up in an older Blues-Flames thread, and figured with the games that Rattie played without Sven, which was a significant amount, he still would have been one of the WHL's top scorers. He is once again one of the top scorers in the WHL without the all-mighty Sven.
Rattie still not even the leading scorer on his team, lol.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 09:27 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I don't know what's wrong with my definition of B prospect. Rattie is just that.

"A" prospects are reserved for players like Granlund, Huberdeau, Tarasenko, Baertschi, Kuznetsov, etc.
One of those is not like the others....

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
Tarasenko? Yeah, he's a little unproven. Maybe his success will transfer to the NHL game though.

Old
11-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Yeah, Baertschi's the only one with NHL experience, putting up 3 goals in his first five games.

Seriously though, he does belong with the others on that list.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 09:32 PM
stlblues9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Tarasenko? Yeah, he's a little unproven. Maybe his success will transfer to the NHL game though.
Baertschi is closer to a group with Schwartz, not so much Tarasenko.

Old
11-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Well, many lists have Sven ranked just as highly as the players I've listed. I fail to see what Baertschi has not done to prove he's unworthy of being grouped with those players.

You aren't the final word on prospects.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 09:41 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Any credibility you had just flew out the window. You don't know what you're talking about.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 09:42 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Bahaha. Thanks for the lolz.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:47 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Blues fan here.

Baertschi is awesome. Of that listed group, the only one I'd clearly rather have is Tarasenko and maybe Granlund.

Also, Rattie is handily proving that he is not even close to a product of Baertschi. I don't care about arbitrary letters people give to prospects, but he's right in the mix with any non-elite prospect. I don't understand the pissing matches people get into over stuff like this.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:38 PM
stlblues9

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Any credibility you had just flew out the window. You don't know what you're talking about.
I said he was better than Schwartz and not as good as Tarasenko, but closer to Schwartz than Tarasenko. There isn't a massive difference between Tarasenko and Schwartz so are you trying to say Baertschis better than Tarasenko? If so, you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
Bahaha. Thanks for the lolz.
You've been giving me 'lolz' this whole thread.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:47 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
I said he was better than Schwartz and not as good as Tarasenko, but closer to Schwartz than Tarasenko. There isn't a massive difference between Tarasenko and Schwartz so are you trying to say Baertschis better than Tarasenko? If so, you don't know what you're talking about.

You've been giving me 'lolz' this whole thread.
The fact that you think Schwartz is close to Tarasenko's level is hilarious.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 12:33 AM
Oshie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
He said there was a massive difference between the two. The fact that you can't read is hilarious.

I don't see why Flames fans have to come into every Rattie thread and argue about his value. He's not your prospect, so why do you even care? Kid needs to get bigger but I think he has a decent chance at being a top 6 forward in the future.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 12:38 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
Why don't you tell Blues management just how hilarious it is. They had Schwartz and Tarasenko ranked one right after the other at the draft. They were both in their top 10 on their draft board. Their track record is a way better than any of ours.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 01:03 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Rattie still not even the leading scorer on his team, lol.
And what does that have to do with anything, he is still one of the WHL's top scorers, and that's including a bad start.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 01:23 AM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
He said there was a massive difference between the two. The fact that you can't read is hilarious.
He actually said there isn't a massive difference.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 01:50 AM
stlblues9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
He actually said there isn't a massive difference.
I don't think there is a massive difference between the two, both are top tier prospects. Maybe it's reading comprehension because I didn't say they were close, I just said there wasn't a massive difference. What I mean by that is it's not like comparing Tarasenko to say Rattie where there is a pretty big difference right now.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:41 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
Blues fan here.

Baertschi is awesome. Of that listed group, the only one I'd clearly rather have is Tarasenko and maybe Granlund.

Also, Rattie is handily proving that he is not even close to a product of Baertschi. I don't care about arbitrary letters people give to prospects, but he's right in the mix with any non-elite prospect. I don't understand the pissing matches people get into over stuff like this.
So any non-A level prospects. Thats pretty much what all the Flames fans have been saying.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 10:52 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
That's a legitimate package...Shame we'll never see a good offer, nor would Army ever do such a large deal that could ruin us.

Edit: Oh, and I'd do something like Thornton, Braun, and a 2nd for a package like that.
Holy crap. I think you're either severely undervaluing Thornton or overvaluing that package. Rattie has pretty good value as a prospect, but all you're adding is a low 1st and a guy who has been wildly inconsistent (most recently as a 3rd liner) in Chris Stewart. You'd actually add to Thornton, who's still one of the better first line Cs in the league, for that package?

As a third party, I'd have easily taken Thornton alone for the proposed package from a Blue perspective. What you're offering, with the inclusion of Braun and the pick, is very generous.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Does that deal include Iggy signing at least a 2yr extension? If so, yes please!
If it meant getting that package, I'll hold Iggy to gunpoint so he signs an extension. I love Iggy, but I can't pass up an opportunity to get not only Chris Stewart, but Baertschi's partner in crime.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 06:47 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
If it meant getting that package, I'll hold Iggy to gunpoint so he signs an extension. I love Iggy, but I can't pass up an opportunity to get not only Chris Stewart, but Baertschi's partner in crime.
Sounds like we have a deal then!!!

In reality, if the Flames decide to blow it up, the Blues are much more interested in Gio than Iggy at this point.

Its probably overpayment, but something along Rattie, Cole, and a conditional pick for Giordano is something I would totally do. (Conditions of the pick being based on how far the Blues make it into the playoffs: Stanley Cup appearance: 1st. WCF appearance: 2nd. WCSF appearance: 3rd. Playoff appearance: 4th.)

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 07:02 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Sounds like we have a deal then!!!

In reality, if the Flames decide to blow it up, the Blues are much more interested in Gio than Iggy at this point.

Its probably overpayment, but something along Rattie, Cole, and a conditional pick for Giordano is something I would totally do. (Conditions of the pick being based on how far the Blues make it into the playoffs: Stanley Cup appearance: 1st. WCF appearance: 2nd. WCSF appearance: 3rd. Playoff appearance: 4th.)
Even if the Flames blow it up, there's no reason to move Gio...price stands Rattie, Cole and 1st! Might be slight over payment but he's the perfect top pairing guy for the Blues, signed on a good deal, all through his prime years. No conditions!

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 10:47 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Baertschi is absolutely in the same tier as Tarasenko and Granlund, kid is incredible. Wish the Avs had drafted him to be honest.

Anyways, as for the package, I'm not really sure - it's a pretty significant package, almost the same one that the Avs sent for EJ. Obviously Shattenkirk >> late first and Stewart's value is down, but then 2 other valuable pieces came back in that EJ trade.

So I guess my premise is that you could probably get a similar player - target a LH D that has that type of high end potential but is just not quite fitting in their situation somewhere. I'm not sure how many of those exist. I would have suggest someone like Jack Johnson but with the drama around his move to Columbus I doubt its all that likely that he'd be in play. Alzner would be perfect for St. Louis but Washington can't really afford to move him. I feel like right now a trade of that magnitude just isn't there for an established player, most of the dmen I'd target have reasons to stay where they are.

I think they could go after getting a top end prospect that's not far from the show like Gormley along with some other valuable asset coming back, but that obviously doesn't meet St. Louis's needs right away. Probably best to be patient for a while and see if Stewart bounces back and find out what they have in Rattie while they wait for the right deal to come along.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 12:13 AM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Iginla is easily my favorite non-Blues player. It would be a dream come true to see him don the note. He just has such a passion for the game and so much consistency in all areas. If Iggy would sign the extension then I think that trade would actually be pretty damn even. Stewart, Rattie, Cole, 1st, and conditional 2nd is heck of a lot to give up but so is Gio and Iggy. I think it would help set us up for a cup run, and lay the foundation for a very solid rebuild for you guys.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote