HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

The OT Non-Ski Resort - The Walking Dead Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Yeah, zombies are extremely entertaining. Although I never understood how they could take over the world. How is it possible that they appear all over the world simultaneously in enough numbers to pose an immediat threat to humanity? Surely it must have started as an isolated incident, and at worst a single landmass would get overrun, as as far as I can tell, zombies can't swim.

In the Walking Dead they danced around that by having Rick wake up long after everything happened. Although in WWZ it seems like the zombies are stronger/faster than regular humansas well as being fairly intelligent(the human ladder, which was epic, imo), which may help explain it, but still, I can't imagine how the prototypical zombie could ever hope to infect enough people to make it a threat to a national army, replete with nuclear weapons and airplanes and tanks.

I wonder if any governments actually have a hypothetical procedure for dealing with zombie outbreaks...that would be absolutely wicked.

Old
11-20-2012, 05:14 PM
I in the Eye

vCash: 500
"Warm Bodies" looks interesting... It's like looking at Luongo's trade value from a Leaf fan perspective...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Yeah, zombies are extremely entertaining. Although I never understood how they could take over the world. How is it possible that they appear all over the world simultaneously in enough numbers to pose an immediat threat to humanity? Surely it must have started as an isolated incident, and at worst a single landmass would get overrun, as as far as I can tell, zombies can't swim.

In the Walking Dead they danced around that by having Rick wake up long after everything happened. Although in WWZ it seems like the zombies are stronger/faster than regular humansas well as being fairly intelligent(the human ladder, which was epic, imo), which may help explain it, but still, I can't imagine how the prototypical zombie could ever hope to infect enough people to make it a threat to a national army, replete with nuclear weapons and airplanes and tanks.

I wonder if any governments actually have a hypothetical procedure for dealing with zombie outbreaks...that would be absolutely wicked.
That human ladder scene reminded me of ants...

I read somewhere that some governments indeed plan for zombie outbreaks... It's basically as bad as it gets... Plan things around zombie apocalypse, and you can plan/deal with a wide variety of ****** situations...

Old
11-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:

Well if you believe in Conspiracy Theories apparently the US gov't is preparing for 2012 with underground bunkers, one of which is apparently under the Denver airport.

"I'm Jesse Ventura"

Old
11-20-2012, 05:47 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 1512
Quote:

It would depend on how long it takes before the infection/disease you get from a zombie takes to transform your body and mind into one. If it didn't take long to get the disease/infection, I can see how a mass number can be created. Think about it, all you need is one zombie to infect or hand the disease to one person at a football/baseball game and that's a **** load of people already, let alone them roaming the town after. Places like malls, businesses or any place that has lots of people around could easily create a large mass of zombies.

Like I said though, it would all depend on how long it takes for you to officially become a zombie. If it was as fast (Walking Dead reference here, don't want to spoil anything for those that haven't seen it yet)
Spoil:
when Shane was shot by Rick, then a zombie bit Shane and he was a zombie a minute or two later
then yeah, I think it's possible to pose a pretty large threat in that one city. It would be fairly difficult for it to spread from city to city unless a person is bit by the border of some place and it just branches off.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
I bet the government's plan for zombies is to go to a local bar or tavern, have a pint, and wait for everything to blow over.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
I bet the government's plan for zombies is to go to a local bar or tavern, have a pint, and wait for everything to blow over.
This after they take the car, go round Mum's, kill Phillip...

Old
11-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
This after they take the car, go round Mum's, kill Phillip...

Old
11-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

Well. Looks like my classes for tomorrow are cancelled. So it's the weekend now.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Well. Looks like my classes for tomorrow are cancelled. So it's the weekend now.
VCC, right? Heard about that...thank god I haven't been affected too seriously here at SFU...yet.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

What's going on at VCC?

Old
11-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
VCC, right? Heard about that...thank god I haven't been affected too seriously here at SFU...yet.
Douglas College, Coquitlam Campus. Day classes shut down i.e. all my classes.

****in' strike.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:

****in' strike.
That sucks...I've only had one tutorial cancelled so far.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:50 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 1512
So I've learned today that Brian Savage is on HF. Stumbled upon a thread, and the rest was history. He hasn't logged on since November. 8th though.

Wonder what other NHL'ers are on HF?

Old
11-20-2012, 09:01 PM
gongshowmonkey

I love watching that show Gold Rush on Discovery Channel

EDIT: new episode on tonight at 9

Old
11-20-2012, 09:25 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:

****in' strike.
Really? Worst I've seen was a bunch of guys picketing the administration building at UBC a couple of weeks ago, I think the situation over there is mostly settled.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Really? Worst I've seen was a bunch of guys picketing the administration building at UBC a couple of weeks ago, I think the situation over there is mostly settled.
Really? Class was cancelled in New West campus a week or so ago.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:31 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Really? Class was cancelled in New West campus a week or so ago.
I was just commenting that UBC seems to be fine so I was a bit surprised to see that students elsewhere are missing out on classes.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
I was just commenting that UBC seems to be fine so I was a bit surprised to see that students elsewhere are missing out on classes.
Yeah. Kind of miffed that a strike is cutting into my education. It seems like everything is bargaining for a new deal these days.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongshowmonkey View Post
I love watching that show Gold Rush on Discovery Channel

EDIT: new episode on tonight at 9
I don't know if anyone watches "The Soup" with Joel McHale (His birthday today) but it has ruined that show for me:

Old
11-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
That sucks...I've only had one tutorial cancelled so far.
FWIW, students at SFU should really consider supporting the TAs in their strike. By nation-wide standards, they have some of the worst working conditions and one of the worst compensation packages relative to their hours. The school likes to pretend that the work they do can be done in like 1/3 of the time that it actually takes up — last I checked they were working for below minimum wage. And that just scratches the surface of the issues...

Last edited by Tiranis: 11-20-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old
11-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
FWIW, students at SFU should really consider supporting the TAs in their strike. By nation-wide standards, they have some of the worst working conditions and one of the worst compensation packages relative to their hours. The school likes to pretend that the work they do can be done in like 1/3 of the time that it actually takes up — last I checked they were working for below minimum wage. And that just scratches the surface of the issues...
I would support the TAs, but their striking actions (blocking people from crossing picket lines) has made me lose their support for them. And they're making $45/hour, so I don't think that's minimum wage at all...

Regardless, I don't care who gets what, I just want my education back.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

Quote:
I would support the TAs, but their striking actions (blocking people from crossing picket lines) has made me lose their support for them. And they're making $45/hour, so I don't think that's minimum wage at all...

Regardless, I don't care who gets what, I just want my education back.
This. They lost me when they victimized themselves and directly affected other people's ability to prosper with their actions.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
This.
Same feelings I have towards the lockout. Just end it now, don't care who wins.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:11 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

Quote:
Same feelings I have towards the lockout. Just end it now, don't care who wins.
I'm more of a hypocrite with that because I do tend to side with the players.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
So I've learned today that Brian Savage is on HF. Stumbled upon a thread, and the rest was history. He hasn't logged on since November. 8th though.

Wonder what other NHL'ers are on HF?
Bob McKenzie used to post on here, but i don't think he's posted anything for a few years. Probably still lurking though

Closed Thread