HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Some trade proposals of mine

Old
11-20-2012, 05:11 PM
topchowda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Wilson doesn't always put up the most amazing numbers offensively but trust me if your watch him play you want him on your team
Ive watched him play and not saying hes a bad prospect, hes a very intriguing one actually. But Moroz Ewanyk and Hartikeanan play similar crash and bang styles. Wilson is probaly a better prospect right now, but because their all prospects its a crap shoot to decide who will make it.

If we did that trade wed have 2 2nd line centers and a glut of Pwf prospects. The trade doesnt address any major needs for the Oilers.

Alzner, Carlson Backstrom or even Forsberg are better trade targets

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Oates2Neely

Habs say no, Colborne is useless, Kulemin is a huge unknown.

Oilers would not trade Yakupov for that package.

Avs laugh at that proposal.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 06:33 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Out of curiosity, would you do Jokinen and Gleason for Staal?
No. Jokinen really doesn't fit a need or iimprove the Rangers.

11-20-2012, 06:37 PM
HockeyFan100
Welcome to COL!

Yikes that DET - COL trade is awful for Colorado. They need to add way, way more.

HockeyFan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Gavy

Leafs have enough 2C's, we don't need another.

Gavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 07:15 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
The Avs-Wings one is terrible. Why would the Avs do that?

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:

DET-COL

DET:Smith,Nyquist,3rd

COL:Johnson

Detroit needs a young franchise top line D-man and Johnson, the former first overall pick, with a change of scenery and a better team could be that guy. Colorado gains impressive prospects and a 3rd to even the value IMO.
Colorado is gonna lube it up before they stick it in, right?

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 08:13 PM
mytor4*

Habs say no .We don't have room for another 3rd line player.Don't need a 4th/5th D-man and some overated Prospect especially for Pleks.
No interest in quanity for Quality especially bad quanity.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 08:23 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Colorado is gonna lube it up before they stick it in, right?
I think that is the duty of the Wings here. I mean the Avs are the ones getting ***** here.

And they get it pretty bad.

We get a few prospects who probably don't amount to anything special ( yeah I know Smith is good but as centerpiece for EJ? Are you kidding? ) for our #1 dman who would be the best dman on Detroit by far.

Yeah EJ is probably not as good as he should be.
That said he is playing very steady and solid and still has plenty of room for improvement.

Good thing we would never trade directly with Detroit.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Detroit and Colorado both say not to that deal easily. Detroit loses too much of their future, and Colorado is in dire need of more guy like EJ and can't afford to lose him.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
I think that is the duty of the Wings here. I mean the Avs are the ones getting ***** here.

We get a few prospects who probably don't amount to anything special ( yeah I know Smith is good but as centerpiece for EJ? Are you kidding? ) for our #1 dman who would be the best dman on Detroit by far.

That said he is playing very steady and solid and still has plenty of room for improvement.

I don't think you understand how good Smith and Nyquist are. Short term? Likely a Colorado downgrade. Long-term? They probably win the trade... By far.

Last edited by Wingsfan2965*: 11-20-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old
11-20-2012, 08:34 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

Quote:
I don't think you understand how good Smith and Nyquist are...
and you don't understand how good EJ is...

Old
11-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
and you don't understand how good EJ is...
Going off stats alone he likely ends up a step or more behind Smith offensively. Defensively? Harder to judge. Smith's pretty rough around the edges and has a lot of room for improvement.

And you want us to add in a potential top line forward to close that gap?

No. Hell no.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
You said the gap between them won't be that big going into next season, which I think is a big stretch to say.
I don't think it is. Johnson is currently an offensive 2nd pairing defenseman with mediocre results. Smith should be a 2nd pairing guy next season and he should help a PP. Johnson might get better by next year, he certainly has the potential, but there comes a point when potential has to be realized.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:

You actually believe Johnson is better than Kronwall. Wow.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 08:59 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
and you believe that Smid is better than Johnson. Wow.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:00 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

Quote:
Going off stats alone he likely ends up a step or more behind Smith offensively. Defensively? Harder to judge. Smith's pretty rough around the edges and has a lot of room for improvement.

And you want us to add in a potential top line forward to close that gap?

No. Hell no.
I think EJ has a lot of potential offensively and defensively he will be better than Smith. In the end though, the Avs say no because we have enough prospects. What we need are some proven guys and that is what EJ is.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
LOL, I didn't even notice that little blurb.

Taking into account that Johnson played 9 games less last season than Kronwall...

Goals:
Kronwall: 15
Johnson: 4

Assists:

Kronwall: 21
Johnson: 22

Making the Point Totals:

Kronwall: 36
Johnson: 26

Hits:

Kronwall: 133
Johnson: 123

Blocked Shots:

Kronwall: 177
Johnson: 94

Giveaways:

Kronwall: 31
Johnson: 44

Takeaways:

Kronwall: 21
Johnson: 34

And before that QUALCOMP crap is brought up, Kronwall's rating was better than Johnson's, so there goes that argument.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:04 PM
skip2mybordeleau
Expected Regression

vCash: 50
Quote:

DET-COL

DET:Smith,Nyquist,3rd

COL:Johnson

Detroit needs a young franchise top line D-man and Johnson, the former first overall pick, with a change of scenery and a better team could be that guy. Colorado gains impressive prospects and a 3rd to even the value IMO.
wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole, our d corps would be so bad afterwards, regardless if there is value enough for our team, realistically were does nyquist slot in for us? are we going to play steve downie or jamie mcginn on a 4th line for him, not likely.

skip2mybordeleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
I think EJ has a lot of potential offensively and defensively he will be better than Smith. In the end though, the Avs say no because we have enough prospects. What we need are some proven guys and that is what EJ is.
You're saying that Johnson has potential to improve offensive but that he "will be" better than Smith defensively. Umm... Couldn't Smith have potential to improve defensively and become better than Johnson defensively using the exact same logic you're using for Johnson offensively? So "will be" is probably a poor choice of words...

Now, it's tough to judge where a defender is at defensively based on minor league performances simply because the only real defensive stat you can go off is plus/minus (Which is incredibly flawed anyways) but you can get a decent idea of how guys are gonna be offensively. Out of the Big Four that came from Wisconsin (McDonagh/Smith/Schultz/Gardiner) the only guy with better offensive stats than Smith was Schultz. (Who's looking like he's gonna be an offensive giant in the NHL) Needless to say, all are gonna turn into damn good NHL defenders.

What I will say is that while watching Smith during his NHL stint, he did make some errors, but it's impossible to say if he's developing well or not simply because as I said, it's tough to judge where the defensive skill is at. What I will say is his physical presence is almost as good as his skating.

And it's completely fair to say no because you don't need prospects, but to say you're getting the shaft in the deal is false. Even if at the end of their careers Johnson is better than Smith, adding a guy with top line potential to that is foolish.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:16 PM
The Red Line

lol at Aves fans thinking that's bad for them. Col GM would take that deal and run, and Holland would be run out of Detroit. Perspective, folks.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
lol at Aves fans thinking that's bad for them. Col GM would take that deal and run, and Holland would be run out of Detroit. Perspective, folks.
As the point has been made, it probably doesn't suit Colorado's needs, but to say they're on the bad end of it is false.

As for Holland getting run out of Detroit, it would take years of bad deals for him to actually get fired.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:19 PM
MBauer

Quote:

, you would have an argument for him being better then Kronwall, but to say by far is better is delusional to say the least.

I wouldn't do the deal either, but not cause the value isn't close, but giving up or two best prospects for a guy who probably wouldn't make a huge difference for us doesn't seem like a great idea. I understand that Colorado wouldn't want to give their best d-man for a couple of prospects, but to act like you're getting fleeced value wise is silly.

MBauer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 09:20 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
i cant be the only one who thinks all of these are pretty bad.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 09:24 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

Quote:
You're saying that Johnson has potential to improve offensive but that he "will be" better than Smith defensively. Umm... Couldn't Smith have potential to improve defensively and become better than Johnson defensively using the exact same logic you're using for Johnson offensively? So "will be" is probably a poor choice of words...

Now, it's tough to judge where a defender is at defensively based on minor league performances simply because the only real defensive stat you can go off is plus/minus (Which is incredibly flawed anyways) but you can get a decent idea of how guys are gonna be offensively. Out of the Big Four that came from Wisconsin (McDonagh/Smith/Schultz/Gardiner) the only guy with better offensive stats than Smith was Schultz. (Who's looking like he's gonna be an offensive giant in the NHL) Needless to say, all are gonna turn into damn good NHL defenders.

What I will say is that while watching Smith during his NHL stint, he did make some errors, but it's impossible to say if he's developing well or not simply because as I said, it's tough to judge where the defensive skill is at. What I will say is his physical presence is almost as good as his skating.

And it's completely fair to say no because you don't need prospects, but to say you're getting the shaft in the deal is false. Even if at the end of their careers Johnson is better than Smith, adding a guy with top line potential to that is foolish.
I'm not saying EJ will be better than Smith offensively but he is a lot better offensively than he has shown recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
Why would Greg Sherman make that trade? His whole term as the "Aves" GM will be remembered by the EJ/Shattenkirk+Stewart trade so why would he trade his biggest acquisition? If Landy didn't become Captain this summer, an argument could be made that EJ is our most valuable player.