HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Johan Franzen

Old
11-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Nyquist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PADevil3034 View Post
That's what I thought. We have a surplus of NHL defensemen, and you guys need one. Taking into consideration NTC's, intangibles, etc., the most realistic Devils D trading chip is Tallinder.

Given our holes up front, we'd rather package Tallinder to nab a player like Franzen, rather than giving Tallinder for futures. We need help now.
I don't know what you could add to make it worth it for Detroit. We don't need prospects and a lower end forward or defenseman would be redundant on our squad. That's why it makes so much more sense for us to package Franzen for a first pairing dman. Sucks that basically nobody has one available.

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
I could of swore last week Detroit was needing MORE top 6 forwards and now they have too many? What dramatic thing has happened in the past week?
Not sure where you got that idea...

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist
Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner/Samuelsson

That's how I personally have seen it for the better part of the last four months. Of course, if we have a season this year, Filppula will be out until about January, but still.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 12:05 AM
sully61
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Not sure where you got that idea...

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist
Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner/Samuelsson

That's how I personally have seen it for the better part of the last four months. Of course, if we have a season this year, Filppula will be out until about January, but still.
The season won't start until about then. I think the only move we make would be trading 1-3 bottom 6 forwards for draft picks. Guys like Miller, Mursak, Eaves, Emmerton, hopefully Bertuzzi. We don't need anything except a top pair defensemen, but none are available really.

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
The season won't start until about then. I think the only move we make would be trading 1-3 bottom 6 forwards for draft picks. Guys like Miller, Mursak, Eaves, Emmerton, hopefully Bertuzzi. We don't need anything except a top pair defensemen, but none are available really.
I'm sure one is available, we're just not giving up nearly what it would cost.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg are off the table. Filppula's value is low because he's only got a year left. Prospects are too valuable to us right now.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote