HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Richie10

vCash: 500
The Scorpion EVO is insane from any close to mid range. It's probably a bit unwise to use it on a map like Turbine or Carrier, though.

I still dislike how ubiquitous snipers are in virtually every map. There are maps (coughTurbinecough) that look straight out of Modern Warfare 2 (coughAfghancough) which were clearly designed with snipers in mind. I dislike this because there is no other archetype of play in which Treyarch/IW have ever outright catered to as much. Perhaps sniping is such a unique archetype of play that any catering just seems that much more obvious, but I don't like it and I don't think it's good for the franchise.

Black Ops 1's multiplayer was so monstrously successful (more successful, numerically, than any other CoD, including MW1) because it was fairly balanced. Sniping was a bit nerfed in the beginning (something they later fixed, but never overcompensated for) and there were a couple ARs/shotguns each (FAMAS/Model 1887) that were a bit OP. Everything was eventually reigned in or beefed up enough to provide for a pretty incredible and balanced multiplayer experience. Killstreaks weren't demonstratively powerful and didn't stack, which also made for a multiplayer more about, you know, shooting people than hitting your OP killstreaks.

Black Ops 2 reminds me more of what Modern Warfare 3 should have been rather than a true spiritual successor to BLOPS1. The move to modernized guns and weaponry really bothers me as well, because it was something that always distinguished Treyarch entries in the series.

Anyway, not as good as Black Ops, but a lot better than MW2 and MW3. I suppose that's a success.

And Zombies always vaults Treyarch's games into respectability regardless of how well the multiplayer is.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Got to try and get my PSN password as I've gotten it written down somewhere and I want to view my COD Elite stuff.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2935
The Scorpion EVO is excellent on Turbine, since most of the action is at close-range around the edges of the map.

11-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
The Scorpion EVO is insane from any close to mid range. It's probably a bit unwise to use it on a map like Turbine or Carrier, though.

I still dislike how ubiquitous snipers are in virtually every map. There are maps (coughTurbinecough) that look straight out of Modern Warfare 2 (coughAfghancough) which were clearly designed with snipers in mind. I dislike this because there is no other archetype of play in which Treyarch/IW have ever outright catered to as much. Perhaps sniping is such a unique archetype of play that any catering just seems that much more obvious, but I don't like it and I don't think it's good for the franchise.

Black Ops 1's multiplayer was so monstrously successful (more successful, numerically, than any other CoD, including MW1) because it was fairly balanced. Sniping was a bit nerfed in the beginning (something they later fixed, but never overcompensated for) and there were a couple ARs/shotguns each (FAMAS/Model 1887) that were a bit OP. Everything was eventually reigned in or beefed up enough to provide for a pretty incredible and balanced multiplayer experience. Killstreaks weren't demonstratively powerful and didn't stack, which also made for a multiplayer more about, you know, shooting people than hitting your OP killstreaks.

Black Ops 2 reminds me more of what Modern Warfare 3 should have been rather than a true spiritual successor to BLOPS1. The move to modernized guns and weaponry really bothers me as well, because it was something that always distinguished Treyarch entries in the series.

Anyway, not as good as Black Ops, but a lot better than MW2 and MW3. I suppose that's a success.

And Zombies always vaults Treyarch's games into respectability regardless of how well the multiplayer is.
BlackOps1 launch was 10x worse then BlackOps2 launch. Trying to get a full party into a game;forget it. Having bullets kill you when your around the corner; yup still has it . Actually playing a game without it picking a new host ; no way. The laser Famas gun ; wasn't nerfed for like a month. I'm surprised BlackOps2 launch was as good as it was, and the weapons in BlackOps1 were not balanced at all, go use a Kiparis / Mac11 / Uzi / PM63 / All the shotguns except Spas / All the LMGs, and you'll see how bad they still are. I haven't found one gun in BlackOps2 that is superior to everything else like the Famas or AK74u in BlackOps1. Also it's not the 1970s anymore, TreYarch just can't use 50 year old guns ..

Old
11-20-2012, 08:21 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
It is infuriating to try to find a group of 3 zombies players who actually know what they are doing on Tranzit. My rank is slipping because I only manage to find clueless kids.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Wow the New playlist is a load of garbage. Don't count on playing nuketown a lot It has pretty much every single map.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Wow the New playlist is a load of garbage. Don't count on playing nuketown a lot It has pretty much every single map.
It has 6 maps .

Anyone else having issues with the servers ? 7 games in a row where everyone is one bar, but acts like its 2-3 bar .

Old
11-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Noel92

Just had a dude who went 5-11 on my team repeatedly call me garbage and a piece of **** for the whole game. That was pretty refreshing.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by setowildfan View Post
Just had a dude who went 5-11 on my team repeatedly call me garbage and a piece of **** for the whole game. That was pretty refreshing.
Just mute him , or laugh at him .

Old
11-20-2012, 08:47 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

lol

Old
11-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Satan
bend to squares

I love this game but I ****in hates it too.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:46 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

just ran into a full clan in demolition while only being in a party of 2 (including me) and 4 randoms filling out our team.

Not fun. Challenging, but not fun

Old
11-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
If they aren't going to allow Nuketown 24/7 atleast remove Carrier from the new playlist..

Also, waiting for a patch on the MSMC, it's too good.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
If they aren't going to allow Nuketown 24/7 atleast remove Carrier from the new playlist..

Also, waiting for a patch on the MSMC, it's too good.
Noo that's my favourite weapon .. I have died more from the Skorpian, MP7 and PDW than the MSMC.

Also Turbine is a terrible map ; sniping is too easy ; bouncing betties are fun but will be nerfed , same with shock charges .

Old
11-20-2012, 11:17 PM
RussianRocket10

Sniping and Turbine are fine. Considering every single other map in the game is made for rushing SMG play.

Old
11-20-2012, 11:57 PM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

Bouncing Betties need a longer delay before actually exploding.

As a part-time sniper, I find Turbine to be terrible. Everyone basically rushes around the edges, avoiding the center and the sniping positions.

Old
11-21-2012, 12:27 AM
seemsayin

Carrier is terrible

Old
11-21-2012, 12:37 AM
Smelling Salt

Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
Had my second hard lock on the PS3 tonight. Game ended, nothing special. Then locked.

Old
11-21-2012, 12:39 AM
Smelling Salt

Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Puck Mafia View Post
Bouncing Betties need a longer delay before actually exploding.
I can foresee Betties getting nerfed at some point. I'm currently equipping two.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:21 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Got to level 16 tonight... So far, 1.19 KDR and 65% win percentage while playing Domination. I'm really liking the MK48 (LMG) with FMJ, as well as a dual primary class with the SWAT and Vector. Really great for all ranges.

Also played a few rounds of Tranzit zombies and got to level 13 with a group of 4 that became 3 halfway through. We probably would've gone farther if my Mystery Box pulls were better than the War Machine (slow detonation grenade launcher), a bolt action sniper, the rocket launcher and a teddy bear. Tranzit is a ton of fun though, assuming you get partners who have some idea about what to do.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:23 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

I can't stand LMGs.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:56 AM
KISSland

I really don't know what to unlock.

I like Scorpions damage, but I can get like 4 kills with one clip using the PDW, the mag carries like 12-15 kills. The MP7 I can get when I first start so won't use it with that.

I use SMGs more than AR. Plus the mags are just too small. I don't get enough for me to use it unless the map is large and I need target finder + precision. The Scar works for that, so does type 25. Haven't tried the one that you get once you hit 55 though..

As for perks. I like to use flackjacket, hardline, dexterity, and toughness.

I'm not familiar with Ghost yet, only used that perk when when I'm level 1-4(before being able to customize my class.) The pre designed classes I go with operative.

I don't know if it's the scorpion, ghost, or scavenger within that class, but what ever it is that class works great with me. I'm going to try it out with the PDW, and if I get the same results then it has to be Ghost that's giving me such great results.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:59 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

for people that have messed around with class setups a bit, what do you think would be the best class to run with an smg in domination (including scorestreaks). Also a shotgun setup would be nice to see as i loved them in the previous games (spas, Olympia, model ect)

I would find it very interesting and useful to see what others did it terms of how they set up their class

right now I'm running
MSMC with a laser sight and fast mag
no secondary
flak jacket, fast hands, dexterity, ans tactical mask as my perks
1 combat axe and a shock charge
UAV-Hellstorm-Lightning Strike

no idea for shotguns

Old
11-21-2012, 03:01 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Lol at you guys complaining about bouncing betties. Just lay down. It doesn't touch you - so easy to avoid.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:06 AM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
for people that have messed around with class setups a bit, what do you think would be the best class to run with an smg in domination (including scorestreaks). Also a shotgun setup would be nice to see as i loved them in the previous games (spas, Olympia, model ect)

I would find it very interesting and useful to see what others did it terms of how they set up their class

right now I'm running
MSMC with a laser sight and fast mag
no secondary
flak jacket, fast hands, dexterity, ans tactical mask as my perks
1 combat axe and a shock charge
UAV-Hellstorm-Lightning Strike

no idea for shotguns
I use pdw with suppressor and quickdraw(i think, might be grip) flack jacket, hardline, dextrity, toughness, and that rpg that can only shoot down aircrafts.

scorestreaks : uav, care package, and guardian. I get these every game at least once a game.

And thanks for the tip Hawkeye never knew that.

Closed Thread