Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Top '97 for 2013 Q draft

Old
11-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Dogpound

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy98 View Post
Made it over to Moncton from PEI for the weekend, As far as 97's go J.M Leblanc looked great, Jacob is a real talent and size isnt an issue at the midget level but I could see him struggling to make the jump to Major Jr.

As far as islanders go I was surprised as were most to Tooles selection for the prospects game, he seemed out of place out there, Larter fit in well and Steele wasn't bad.

Some other 97's from PEI that I liked that I was wondering if could be drafted were Morrisson and Arsenault from Cornwall.

Also really like Mcmanaman out the Islanders as well, sturdy, solid D man.
Saw Jacob play a few times this weekend and he is the real deal if he stays healthy. Fast, shifty, good vision, goes in corners and battles guys much bigger than him and gets points. Great game to watch in the finals.. Two good teams both with good players. Moncton is coming together nicely. After there first game of tourney I didn't think they had a chance. Seem to be very well coached. Top two lines play an awful lot. Valley had a few big defenseman and a couple of good forwards too. Blanchard was good but tried to do a lot on his own. Had points on both goals Valley scored.

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 04:40 PM
jboyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncMike View Post
Who do you see, if any, getting drafted from the CB Tradesmen?
Cavan Fitzgerald F 1996, D.J. Collins D 1996 and Bryceson Musgrave D 1997. Those are the players I think should get drafted from the Tradesmen.

jboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Solidpass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboyz View Post
Cavan Fitzgerald F 1996, D.J. Collins D 1996 and Bryceson Musgrave D 1997. Those are the players I think should get drafted from the Tradesmen.
Fitzgerald is a D Man

Solidpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 06:59 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
Wasnt many A level prospects, Welsh on defence from halifax and also from halifax, Pickard.
I will agree that LeBlanc didn't do anything in that game. However, I wouldn't say that Welsh or Pickard (especially Pickard) did anything either. I actually didn't notice either one of them.

Heard yesterday that Paul got injured in the game, I didn't see the Canadiens last game, anyone know whats up? My source said shoulder but someone else thought knee?

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Dogpound

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
I will agree that LeBlanc didn't do anything in that game. However, I wouldn't say that Welsh or Pickard (especially Pickard) did anything either. I actually didn't notice either one of them.

Heard yesterday that Paul got injured in the game, I didn't see the Canadiens last game, anyone know whats up? My source said shoulder but someone else thought knee?
Pretty sure it is either a seperated shoulder or broken collarbone. That came from Pottle

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 08:37 AM
IslandScouter

Quote:

Sorry I was meaning the round robin games I watched, had a 4-5 goals if im not mistaken

IslandScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:12 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:

I watched the game there was no standouts if Welch and Picard were I was in the washroom that shift, the two players I really liked was Jacob and Tower the rest a good game a couple of questionable picks on D but I thought it was a good game for the most part

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:27 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold1 View Post
He is listed as 5'9 and 202 lbs on the Major Midget site. I was surprised to see Robichaud, Toole, and Steele to be selected. Robichaud could have been selected because they needed a extra defensemen but there were better forwards to replace Toole and Steele. Bower (Saint John), Beaulieu (Miramichi), and Belec (Moncton) should of been there in my mind. All three of them played well in the first two games. The other 97's from New Brunswick that didn't make it didn't impress me. Daley from Fredericton played well in his first game but didn't in the second and Theriault from Miramichi just looks out of place in Miramichi's games now.
I don't think the first two games they played determined for sure the selection process I have tried to find out but from what I am hearing most were already picked and they selected a few to fill in,I agree, Bower and Belec could have been there but as far as Beaulie either I am missing something or he is not even on the radar? Daley is a much better player than Beaulieu, I think Theriault was a question mark as well.

JMO

Old
11-20-2012, 04:29 PM
IslandScouter

Sorry to ask again but haven't gotten a response yet, who do people see getting drafted from PEI this year

Old
11-20-2012, 04:33 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Sorry to ask again but haven't gotten a response yet, who do people see getting drafted from PEI this year
I think you answered your own question

Old
11-20-2012, 04:50 PM
IslandScouter

So your saying not one island player will be selected this year?

Old
11-20-2012, 04:54 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
So your saying not one island player will be selected this year?
Are you asking 97's or 96's ? 97 maybe Larter what are your thoughts ?

Old
11-20-2012, 05:08 PM
IslandScouter

I think he is the best of island 97's but Cornwall has a few 97s that are right up there as well, and I don't know how they stack up compared to people outside the province. How high do you see JM Leblanc and Jacobs going.

And as far as 96's the only one that in my opinion would be on the radar is Mcmanaman from Ch'town

Old
11-21-2012, 05:41 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
I think he is the best of island 97's but Cornwall has a few 97s that are right up there as well, and I don't know how they stack up compared to people outside the province. How high do you see JM Leblanc and Jacobs going.

And as far as 96's the only one that in my opinion would be on the radar is Mcmanaman from Ch'town
Neither of those players will be drafted very high. As much as Jacob is talented, he is 5'5" and 130lbs....legitemately! Someone could gamble on him as a later pick, although he has to go in the first 8 rounds because he's 15. I'm pretty sure he's as close to being wildcats property as you can get without signing! his father is a scout for the organization.

Leblanc IMO is putting up points, but thats not indicative of his overall game. It will be clearer after xmas (halifax tournament/gatineau tournament) on where he will end up.

PEI - Larter and Steele i would say are the only sure bets at this point to be drafted. It's a very weak year in PEI.

IMO - it's a very weak year in atlantic canada overall, and i mean that in the sense taht there are very few first round calibre players. There are a few, but not many. Noel from NFLD is probably the best from the maritimes at this point. Beyond him, and 2-3 other players, there are a bunch of players that are able to be selected in rounds 4-12. As you all know, each team has different views on all players! that's what makes the draft fun to follow and watch

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 07:21 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Atlantic Canada Talent

Forwards:

Noel - NFLD
Parsons - NS
Jacob - NB
Tower - NS
Tompkins - NB
Boland - NFLD
Bower - NB
Larter - PEI
Belec - NB
Pickard - NS
Messenger - NS
LeBlanc - NB

Defense:

Deschenes - NB
Thompson - NB
Picco - NFLD
Welsh - NS
Myers - NB
Vance - NB
Paul - NB
Comeau - NB
Robichaud - NB

Old
11-21-2012, 11:36 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Atlantic Canada Talent

Forwards:

Noel - NFLD
Parsons - NS
Jacob - NB
Tower - NS
Tompkins - NB
Boland - NFLD
Bower - NB
Larter - PEI
Belec - NB
Pickard - NS
Messenger - NS
LeBlanc - NB

Defense:

Deschenes - NB
Thompson - NB
Picco - NFLD
Welsh - NS
Myers - NB
Vance - NB
Paul - NB
Comeau - NB
Robichaud - NB

absolutely! good list that pretty much sums up what's out there. Not many high talents in the bunch. at the monctonian, i was speaking with other scouts and of the 4 i spoke too, 3 of them had deschnenes ranked lower than a first round pick. The other team remained very very high on him.

nice list!

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:05 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
absolutely! good list that pretty much sums up what's out there. Not many high talents in the bunch. at the monctonian, i was speaking with other scouts and of the 4 i spoke too, 3 of them had deschnenes ranked lower than a first round pick. The other team remained very very high on him.

nice list!
Tyler Boland is a 96, nice list a couple of them I don't belong

JMO

Old
11-21-2012, 04:07 PM
IslandScouter

Quote:
Neither of those players will be drafted very high. As much as Jacob is talented, he is 5'5" and 130lbs....legitemately! Someone could gamble on him as a later pick, although he has to go in the first 8 rounds because he's 15. I'm pretty sure he's as close to being wildcats property as you can get without signing! his father is a scout for the organization.

Leblanc IMO is putting up points, but thats not indicative of his overall game. It will be clearer after xmas (halifax tournament/gatineau tournament) on where he will end up.

PEI - Larter and Steele i would say are the only sure bets at this point to be drafted. It's a very weak year in PEI.

IMO - it's a very weak year in atlantic canada overall, and i mean that in the sense taht there are very few first round calibre players. There are a few, but not many. Noel from NFLD is probably the best from the maritimes at this point. Beyond him, and 2-3 other players, there are a bunch of players that are able to be selected in rounds 4-12. As you all know, each team has different views on all players! that's what makes the draft fun to follow and watch
Thanks for the read ClemQ, look forward to hearing more from you as year progresses

Old
11-21-2012, 04:16 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Thanks for the read ClemQ, look forward to hearing more from you as year progresses
I have asked before about Picco from NFLD and can't seem to get any info on him ,is he playing on the same team as Noel at Shattuck this year?

Old
11-21-2012, 04:29 PM
IslandScouter

yes is in Shattuck

Old
11-21-2012, 04:46 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
yes is in Shattuck
Thanks , is he on the Prep team with Noel ? or one of the midget teams

Old
11-21-2012, 04:52 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
Thanks , is he on the Prep team with Noel ? or one of the midget teams
He's on the U16 team, which is the team most other first year midget players play on at Shattuck.
Noel making the prep team was a surprise and very rare.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:57 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
He's on the U16 team, which is the team most other first year midget players play on at Shattuck.
Noel making the prep team was a surprise and very rare.
Thanks , can someone correct me if I am wrong but 1997 can only be drafted in the first 8 rounds ?

Old
11-21-2012, 05:11 PM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
Tyler Boland is a 96, nice list a couple of them I don't belong

JMO
Hmm, which ones?

Old
11-21-2012, 05:20 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Hmm, which ones?
maybe they belong on the list if that is the talent pool , what about Daley from Fredericton (no relation ) Lol