Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Scottish Football 2012/2013

Old
11-09-2012, 11:32 AM
jimmythescot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Why do they still have such a big budget if they're in the 4th tier of Scottish soccer ?
Fairly big crowds paying like they're still in the SPL. They're still turning out now (albeit at around half the capacity), but I wonder what their crowds will be like in February, or next year in SD2 (depressing league). And they have this thing about how it's a point of honour that they spend lots. Like NY Rangers before the cap.

jimmythescot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 02:20 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
Fairly big crowds paying like they're still in the SPL. They're still turning out now (albeit at around half the capacity), but I wonder what their crowds will be like in February, or next year in SD2 (depressing league). And they have this thing about how it's a point of honour that they spend lots. Like NY Rangers before the cap.
Sounds like they have a few loyal fans.

IHaveNoCreativity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:01 PM
the fife flyer

Quote:
Ah well. Didn`t take you long to start spouting rubbish again.

Rangers have had over 45,000 (out of a capacity 51,000) at all their home league games this season. 3 out of 4 home cup ties had crowds over 44,000. That`s not fairly big. That`s around 80- 90% capacity. The same kind of numbers we have posted for many years.

Rangers fans do not turn out to prove a point. Rangers fans are Rangers fans and turn out to watch the team. We do not need to prove a point to anybody.

What point of honour is this you speak of?

Rangers had 48,000. What was the 2nd biggest crown in Scotland on Saturday? 1st division Partick with 6,000. More than any SPL game on Saturday. Against a team who are also going bust. But hey-ho! You all got what you wished for and we are loving it in the 4th tier. The SPL will not see out the season and it`s all what you wanted. Blind hatred and jealousy over-ruled sense. Regan and Doncaster should be hounded for the mess Scottish football is in now. Just ask Turnbull Hutton

Yer Celtc had 25,000 yesterday for a 3rd top of the table clash .

Rangers had more troops on the park at half-time than the SPL crowds.

Never mind though. Keep telling lies and I`ll keep you all right.

the fife flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:21 PM
jimmythescot

I admit I didn't put much effort into researching the figures for rangers attendance. I saw the attendance of the Alloa game which was listed at 24,000. Maybe it was wrong. The BBC aren't exactly high on truthful reporting these days.

And as I said before, if Hearts and Celtic go under (doubtful on the second one this year after doing well in Europe) I'll be happy as County will be higher up the table and enjoy a greater degree of safety. County are approaching this year as if they were getting a minor increase on the First division income. Attendances are up 40% or so. So any prize money will be a bonus.

Old
11-13-2012, 05:05 AM
the fife flyer

Quote:
I admit I didn't put much effort into researching the figures for rangers attendance. I saw the attendance of the Alloa game which was listed at 24,000. Maybe it was wrong. The BBC aren't exactly high on truthful reporting these days.

And as I said before, if Hearts and Celtic go under (doubtful on the second one this year after doing well in Europe) I'll be happy as County will be higher up the table and enjoy a greater degree of safety. County are approaching this year as if they were getting a minor increase on the First division income. Attendances are up 40% or so. So any prize money will be a bonus.
So now you understand where and why I get annoyed.

You make claims and accusations without knowing the facts. I realise you were trying to answer a Canadian and help him along but you are passing off assumptions as fact.

Anyway........

Celtc won`t go bust. Too much Champions league money for that but there will be no SPL after February imo. 3 teams at least will go down, therefor making the remainder of the season defunct. IMO of course.

BDO (the Rangers liquidators) are going after prize money, stolen by the SPL/SFA from us so regardless of what %age of money Ross Co are due, I fear they may not get it.
The sooner you fans of the non-Glasgow teams realise what is actually happening, the more chance you have of survival in the league as we know it.
WHY did Aberdeen back Celtc on the vote restructuring? What was in it for them?
There ain`t no Champions league spot for 2nd place.

What`s you opinion on how tweedle dee and tweedle dum are running the game? Are you and fellow County fans happy with things? Below is a quote from a blogger which I find very appropriate. (and a little light-hearted)

Quote:
But the deeper problem is that both Regan and Doncaster are not their “own” men – they are clearly being worked from behind by Celtic CEO Peter Lawwell.

As news of the SFL’s bold reconstruction plans came out, the wet blanket was thrown over the excitement they generated by the sober realisation that it would be strongly opposed by Celtic and other SPL clubs.

Remarkably, it was reported that an SPL insider had mentioned the plans were unlikely to succeed because it would involve SPL clubs being “like turkeys voting for Christmas” if they voted in favour.

Given the way that the SPL acted toward Rangers a few months back, I would have thought their gobbling credentials were already well-established.

Old
11-13-2012, 06:22 AM
jimmythescot

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fife flyer View Post
So now you understand where and why I get annoyed.

You make claims and accusations without knowing the facts. I realise you were trying to answer a Canadian and help him along but you are passing off assumptions as fact.

Anyway........

Celtc won`t go bust. Too much Champions league money for that but there will be no SPL after February imo. 3 teams at least will go down, therefor making the remainder of the season defunct. IMO of course.

BDO (the Rangers liquidators) are going after prize money, stolen by the SPL/SFA from us so regardless of what %age of money Ross Co are due, I fear they may not get it.
The sooner you fans of the non-Glasgow teams realise what is actually happening, the more chance you have of survival in the league as we know it.
WHY did Aberdeen back Celtc on the vote restructuring? What was in it for them?
There ain`t no Champions league spot for 2nd place.

What`s you opinion on how tweedle dee and tweedle dum are running the game? Are you and fellow County fans happy with things? Below is a quote from a blogger which I find very appropriate. (and a little light-hearted)
Believe it or not, I don't spend every waking hour worrying about Rangers and what their attendance figures are. I looked at the last home game. I didn't even realise it was the cup. I figured you'd put me right if it was a one off, but I couldn't be arsed looking further into it.

I won't defend the SPL or the SFA. They're all run by idiots. They've been ruining the game here for as long as I've been in the country. Probably for a lot longer (the smaller league coincides with around the length of a player's career to the point where Dunfermline making the Semi Finals of European competition is the stuff of outrageous fantasy. But it happened), but I can't really say on that because I wasn't here at the time. But this current lot are really taking the cake.

Aberdeen are probably hoping they'd finish second and get the extra million (unless you're right) to help pay for the stupid spending spree the embarked on over the summer. My guess is that when Rangers are in SD1, or whatever the equivalent is by then, that's when they'll vote yes. They just have to hope that Cowdenbeath aren't in the SPL by then.

I doubt there's going to be the mass extinction you're predicting. Hearts are in a mess of their own making, much like Rangers. I won't shed a tear. I do feel bad for the fans of Hearts and the moderate fans of Rangers, but County have been through this themselves, though we never actually went into administration. We learned that you shouldn't overspend to buy success and have been running at a profit since. Coincidentally that seems to be the point at which we went from a yo-yo team between SD1 and SD2 to a team that is competing quite well in the SPL.

I forgot to answer this earlier:

I don't see the point in spending a lot on players from the SPL in SD3, when they could be hoarding money just now and buying players who are good at SD1 level. I personally think they'd be more likely to take the games seriously, although the players do seem to be realising that SD3 isn't the cake walk they thought it would be.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:09 PM
the fife flyer

Crag Levein is now taking the SFA to court due to the way they handled his sacking
An abject failure of a man, shouldn`t be getting a penny for a pay-off but he had a contract.

If all Scotlands teams don`t get rid of Regan now, then he will destroy our football completely. He`s already on that road right enough.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:33 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
I highly doubt that the SPL teams will agree to the changes, but the SFL has a new proposal for divisional alignment.

A couple of snippets:

Quote:
The 30 Scottish Football League clubs have unanimously voted to propose a new three-tier league structure of 16, 10 and 16 teams for season 2014-15.

Its top-flight would be called the Premier Division, the second the Championship and the third would be called the First Division.

The plan involves a merger between the SFL and the Scottish Premier League.

The SFL plan proposes the introduction of promotion and relegation play-offs involving the top flight.

Teams finishing 15th and 16th would be automatically relegated, being replaced with the Championship title winners and runners-up.

Sides finishing 13th and 14th in the Premier Division would enter play-offs with those finishing third and fourth in the Championship.

11-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Shrimper
WinItFor#58

vCash: 50
I like it but not quite sure why it's 16-10-16. Why not 16-14-12

Shrimper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 08:50 AM
GarretJoseph

Lots of talk about Rangers looking to join the English league within 2-4 years due to something with the womens league in holland/belgium creating one cross border league

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 09:58 AM
jimmythescot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Lots of talk about Rangers looking to join the English league within 2-4 years due to something with the womens league in holland/belgium creating one cross border league
God I hope so. It'd mean Celtic gone too and they can be someone else's problem.

It would probably turn the SPL into something that would resemble the AHL to an extent, but I'd far prefer that than putting up with the current set up where everything is about pandering to those clubs.

EDIT: Should add that they've been talking about this for what seems like decades. This cross border woman's league may spice it up a bit, but I can't see it happening any time soon.

Last edited by jimmythescot: 11-18-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old
11-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Shrimper
WinItFor#58

We won't take Rangers unless they're willing to start right at the very bottom.

Old
11-18-2012, 11:02 AM
jimmythescot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
We won't take Rangers unless they're willing to start right at the very bottom.
It's what they're doing now. Maybe they'll think it's not so bad after all. I'd imagine they could rake it in with the big crowds and relatively little needed to spend to win the joke leagues.

Eight years minimum to reach the EPL, though? Might be hard to justify it to the fans.

EDIT: I actually think a new Atlantic league against other similar nations is a more realistic option. They'd probably get a much better TV deal than the minor leagues currently get as playing against Ajax, Rosenberg or Porto is much more attractive than against...say...Ross County. Run it like the American sports leagues.

Old
11-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Shrimper
WinItFor#58

8 leagues down isn't the bottom. If they were to join it'd have to be at the bottom of the Pyramid to the nearest league.

Old
11-18-2012, 12:15 PM
jimmythescot

Quote:
8 leagues down isn't the bottom. If they were to join it'd have to be at the bottom of the Pyramid to the nearest league.
I admit I went by Wikipedia. There are levels below that, but it's pub league level.

I also looked up FC United to see where they started. At the ninth tier in the North West Counties Football League. So I was one level out

Then they were in the Northern Premier League Division One North
Now they're in the Northern Premier League
Next step will be the Conference North and after that it's the Blue Square Conference and then League Two.

Seems a reasonable assumption they'd start at the same level FC United did.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:56 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

Quote:
AFC Wimbledon started in the Combined Counties league, so based on that they would start in the Northern League First Division. So from there it'd be the Northern Premier League Division One, Northern Premier League Premier Division, Conference North, Conference National, League Two, League One, Championship, Premier League.

Basically 4 years before they'd play against full-timers, after that another 3 years before they would get to the Championship.

Doubt that tickles their fancy to be honest. I guess if the Football League was in on it, they could pull a MK Dons and buy the licence of a league one club and then just move it to Glasgow and call it Rangers.

TheMoreYouKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Alklha

The result of the Rangers tax case came in today... the tribunal found that Rangers FC were not in breach of tax law and owed nothing to HMRC. If this decision had come when it was meant to, in the spring, then Rangers would almost certainly still be an SPL club. If David Murray hadn't sold the club to a responsible person, then the old club would actually be in a good financial position now.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 06:18 AM
the fife flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
The result of the Rangers tax case came in today... the tribunal found that Rangers FC were not in breach of tax law and owed nothing to HMRC. If this decision had come when it was meant to, in the spring, then Rangers would almost certainly still be an SPL club. If David Murray hadn't sold the club to a responsible person, then the old club would actually be in a good financial position now.
A superb article in todays red-top by Jim Traynor, who is no friend of Rangers but has been the only journalist in Scotland to see this for what it was.

It also paints a brief picture for all you non-Scots who are not fully aware of this situation.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...medium=twitter

Old
11-22-2012, 03:30 AM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
A superb article in todays red-top by Jim Traynor, who is no friend of Rangers but has been the only journalist in Scotland to see this for what it was.

It also paints a brief picture for all you non-Scots who are not fully aware of this situation.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...medium=twitter
if that article is true then Rangers might as well say FU to the SFA/SPL and join the English league.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 08:48 AM
the fife flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
if that article is true then Rangers might as well say FU to the SFA/SPL and join the English league.
Aye.....we wish it was as easy as that

One thing is certain, Scottish football will never be the same.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:27 AM
jimmythescot

I'm still not sure what to make of this new twist to the story. I thought Rangers fans would be furious, but most seem to be a sign that they won? I mean, your team got flushed out of existence because HMRC decided to try to make an example of you. I always just assumed that HMRC would know their own rules.

I don't understand the joy at this news. If that happened to County I'd be way angrier than if they lost the case.

But anyway. How would you feel about starting in the English 9th division Fife Flyer? Or maybe having a Romonov style second team in the English non leagues until you reach division 2 when you transfer all assets to the feeder team? Don't know if that would be legal, of course.

Old
11-22-2012, 02:49 PM
the fife flyer

Quote:
I'm still not sure what to make of this new twist to the story. I thought Rangers fans would be furious, but most seem to be a sign that they won? I mean, your team got flushed out of existence because HMRC decided to try to make an example of you. I always just assumed that HMRC would know their own rules.

I don't understand the joy at this news. If that happened to County I'd be way angrier than if they lost the case.

But anyway. How would you feel about starting in the English 9th division Fife Flyer? Or maybe having a Romonov style second team in the English non leagues until you reach division 2 when you transfer all assets to the feeder team? Don't know if that would be legal, of course.
Trust me, although we see this as a bit of a victory, 99% of us are seething for the reasons you mention. I`ve already written to Gordon Brown about the serious breach of corporate privacy (the leaks to therangerstaxcase blog) from HMRC. We are joyous though now that the mhedia, who every day called us cheats, have got a getitupthem. We await their apologies

Perhaps the neutrals can finally see the agenda that`s been driven by one club, for one clubs benefit.

I don`t know either about your last point being legal but would I take 9th division in England? No, probably not. Not cos it`s 9th division. I want Scottish football to get back to how it was pre-80s when money was distributed more evenly and all teams had a chance at the league. I go back to the 60s when the likes of Dundee and Dunfermline were reaching Euro 1/4 finals and horsing teams like Borussia Moenchengladbach, Everton and Valencia.
I bet that surprised you eh?

On the other hand..........
If it meant getting away from the other team in Glasgow, then probably I would.

Old
11-22-2012, 03:10 PM
ScottishCanuck

Quote:
Trust me, although we see this as a bit of a victory, 99% of us are seething for the reasons you mention. I`ve already written to Gordon Brown about the serious breach of corporate privacy (the leaks to therangerstaxcase blog) from HMRC. We are joyous though now that the mhedia, who every day called us cheats, have got a getitupthem. We await their apologies

Perhaps the neutrals can finally see the agenda that`s been driven by one club, for one clubs benefit.

I don`t know either about your last point being legal but would I take 9th division in England? No, probably not. Not cos it`s 9th division. I want Scottish football to get back to how it was pre-80s when money was distributed more evenly and all teams had a chance at the league. I go back to the 60s when the likes of Dundee and Dunfermline were reaching Euro 1/4 finals and horsing teams like Borussia Moenchengladbach, Everton and Valencia.
I bet that surprised you eh?

On the other hand..........
If it meant getting away from the other team in Glasgow, then probably I would.
And what agenda would that be?

I'm in agreement with you over wanting the best for Scottish football in general, but why are you blaming Celtic for this when we had nothing to do with it besides voting against a newco going straight into the SPL?

ScottishCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 07:09 AM
ScottishCanuck

I'd also like to add that it's ridiculous that a final decision (after appeals) probably won't be made until 2014 or 2015. Takes far too long to get anything done in this country.

ScottishCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 09:37 AM
the fife flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishCanuck View Post
And what agenda would that be?

I'm in agreement with you over wanting the best for Scottish football in general, but why are you blaming Celtic for this when we had nothing to do with it besides voting against a newco going straight into the SPL?

You are so blind you cannot see. HMRC documents leaked to celtc bloggers, set up to discredit and destroy Rangers. The stripping of titles driven by one club for one clubs benefit. Regan headhunted by Dr Death, the then Celtc chairmans son. The use of Celtcs lawyers Harper McLeod to handle the inquiry (massive clash of interest). The constant allowing of Celtc fans to call in on radio phone-ins to slander and libel Rangers with no reply from Rangers fans. Phil McGobblegiver gets Alex Thomson from Chanel 4 news to be his patsy, and what a fool they`ve made of themselves haha. The facts are there if you would only open your eyes. All driven by the celtc cabal.
Their turn is coming. Tick-tock.