HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012/2013 ticket thread Part 4 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Minutes4Fighting View Post
That's why I love you, Looch...you proved your own point. "Worst" proof readers.

It's always nice to feel the love around these parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobosox00 View Post
Looch, I will absolutely blown away if the building isn't full every single game whenever they come back to play, even if they lose an entire season. I think you'll see a couple of games in October and maybe November 2013 (assuming this season doesn't happen) that tickets will be at face or below on the secondary market. But I think you underestimate the Bruins fans in this city, especially when we have a legit cup contender. I would guess you'll see something along the lines of 10% to maybe 20% decrease in the secondary ticket prices but you're certainly not going to see a 75% full building for any game. I probably go to about 50% of the games and sell the others and i'll seriously be amazed if I have to take a bath on the other 50%. Maybe i'm wrong but I highly highly doubt it.

Again, my speculating is based missing the entire season. However, if you look at where secondary market prices were before the lockout started, and then look at then now, most games have already dropped roughly 20%. I hope I'm wrong. I want to see hockey this season. And even if I don't, I obviously hope the market doesn't completely tank next year. I still think there will be demand for select big games next year. But I don't think all the casual fans who pushed the prices up the last couple years will be doing so next year. We'l find out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCL View Post
Respect Looch greatly but would agree with you.

If they come back this season (I think they will) it will be known prior to Christmas. I'd have no trouble moving my weeknight Devils tickets to someone looking for a Christmas gift. The demand for the weekend games and prime opponents will always be there when the team is competitive.

If the entire season is wiped out, yes, the weeknight games against the likes of Anaheim in October and the first half of November will be soft, but demand will certainly pick up after that.

I'm actually not that concerned about the "value" of my seats.
I was only speculating on the market taking a big dip in the event the entire season is lost this year. I've always maintained it can come back fairly solid even if we only salvage part of the season this year. I don't think they can afford to wipe out the whole season and pick right up where they left off though.

Last edited by Looch: 11-21-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old
11-21-2012, 08:53 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Correct. I caved in the 11th hour. I had every intention of taking option 2. At 5:30 on the deadline date I had a weak moment...and took option 1. I almost immediately regretted it.

The difference is you are happy with your choice in choosing the loyalty option. And you are going to go to the games no matter what. I, on the other hand, am not happy with my choice to lock in. And I am not going to attend games if they don't play next year. Obviously the fact that the antichrist already has my money, makes my decision not to go to games much less impactful. The only things it changes- I would normally go to a game (instead of eating a pair of tickets) next year I would simply eat them. He's not getting my $18-$36 a game I spend in beer and $10-$20 I spend in food...on my seat alone. I often buy a beer or two for random people I have sold tickets to at home games.

I don't think anyone is going to argue with you on Boston loving a contender. I do think many would take exception with the fact you think they'd be right back where they left off. I think it would take 2-4 years even with a contender. But again, we are looking at different aspects possibly. I am talking about strong demand for tickets. You may see a building that is 75-80% full and think they are back. I will look at the market and see $25 loge seats ad $10 balconies and think the market sucks. If tickets are cheap enough, people buy them. Could you image if Fenway prices never came down this past summer?

Disagree. I think you are underestimating how much of the wait list is resellers looking to make a quick buck. However, the turnover rate next year (if there is no season this year) will largely depend on how many people actually chose option 1 or option 2.

I obviously do care about it. I think a large part of the reason we see things differently is because we are looking at it from completely different perspectives.

No, I didn't forget. That is precisely while I said what I said. I know you have stated on numerous occasions that you go to 85% of the games. If you actually go to that many, and you bought all those games on the secondary market, I believe you would end up ahead. Now if you were only going to attend 4 or 5 games, and they were all high demand games, I think you'd be paying way over face. But since you probably attend more low rent games than high demand games, i'd say you'd end up far ahead.

As far as securing tickets goes, I think you're way overplaying how hard it is to secure tickets in a soft market. It takes zero effort. And I say that with absolute certainty. That is unless you would have found it difficult to go online this past summer and purchase a pair of bleachers off stubhub for $10/each and then print them from your computer....but I think your a tech savvy enough to figure it out

Agreed. I see it more as a business than I do as a fan because I probably have more to lose. I do see it as a fan too though. Which is why I say I would eat them before I go next year.

Again, we disagree on the bolded. I think you would be really surprised how many people waiting to buy our seats are people looking to profit on them. I say it is at least 50/50. When dealing with the majority of professional sports team's wait lists, resellers almost always out number the non-resellers. Considering the Boston market, I do not think it would be an exception tot he rule.

The antichrist getting a large portion of his followers to lock in for next year before the **** got deep is likely going to cover his a$$. If he didn't do that when he did and we don't have a season...season tickets base is cut by 30-40% easily imo. And I don't believe there would be enough of a wait list left to cover even half of the turnover. I can speculate all I want. because I'll never know. The evil one was genius in his plot to conquer the universe.

I actually never told Kate to boycott. Somehow I think she interjected that in to the discussion. I did say I wasn't going to go to a game next year if they don't play this year. Obviosly Kate took that as being "meme" Hey, to each their own.

I locked in. Decided to roll the dice. I look at things differently as a financial investment...I've never denied that. I have also always said that if the team sucked again, I'd always keep two of my seats. I enjoy hockey. I could afford $90/a game for entertainment for a couple decent balcony seats. I certainly would have no reason to keep all 13 of my present seats though.

My decision to keep a pair of seats would strictly be from a fan perspective. Living 100 miles aways I'd likely still only go to 15 or so games a year. But I'd probably have to take a loss on many of the others. The lockout is a game changer for me. I love watching hockey. But the way I look at it, we were in a committed relationship. Hockey cheated on me one times to many. I'm not gonna keep coming back...tired of being taken advantage of. I'm not gonna lie. I might get involved in another serious relationship or two over the next few years. Then I might start back up with the old flame. But we need some time apart.

I am sure I'm not the most die hard fan because I cancelled my tickets after maybe 50 plus years in my family over something that happened that pissed me off. The Bruins tracked me down and righted the wrong tenfold. I see you in person I'll be glad to tell you the story and you may find it very interesting. You tell me who hear would have the balls to do what I did other than probably me

I just laugh at people telling one another how to run their lives. I see it all the time at work, gym, neighborhood, you name it and in EVERY case the person saying this I could write a 10 page essay on what from my view they need to improve on.

I've seen NFL replacement players, and MLB missing the World Series; and NHL season wiped out Soooooo....why is anyone following sports...all these leagues screwed the fans over.

Old
11-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Dan, what are your Bruins benefits and ticket prices now, compared to 1996?

I was a yute back then, but I don't remember any locker room tours, and pretty sure we were paying in the $50's to sit in balcony row 2.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I am sure I'm not the most die hard fan because I cancelled my tickets after maybe 50 plus years in my family over something that happened that pissed me off. The Bruins tracked me down and righted the wrong tenfold. I see you in person I'll be glad to tell you the story and you may find it very interesting. You tell me who hear would have the balls to do what I did other than probably me

I just laugh at people telling one another how to run their lives. I see it all the time at work, gym, neighborhood, you name it and in EVERY case the person saying this I could write a 10 page essay on what from my view they need to improve on.

I've seen NFL replacement players, and MLB missing the World Series; and NHL season wiped out Soooooo....why is anyone following sports...all these leagues screwed the fans over.

Definitely a story I'd love to hear some time.

I'm guessing JJ must have royally boned you somehow. I speak of you and Kate's loyalty based solely on what I've read here. It sounds as if there is nothing the team or sport could do to make you turn your back on them. Which I would certainly say makes you guys amongst the most loyal of loyal in the fan base.

As far as the bolded, baseball did take a big hit last time they went on strike and missed the world series. It took a while to get them back to where they were before that strike. Regardless of what you or I think of baseball, it is more popular than hockey in N. America.

I wasn't a STH back '95. So I can't speak of the work stoppage from a STH's stand point. But from my high school perspective, it certainly seemed like the league took a hit.

As far as why anyone is still following sports, they'll come back...eventually. But I don't necessarily think they come back in droves as soon as they start back up. Time will tell.

The NHL is #4 in popularity amongst the major 4. Is there fan base loyal? Absolutely. That doesn't mean that every time they have a work stoppage fans aren't keeping track. One strike, two strikes... eventually they will lose some who won't come back. They can't afford a stoppage every 6 or 7 years.

My analogy between a cheating spouse and the NHL turning their backs on their fans every few years may not work for everyone. But it's exactly how I view the subject. A spouse has to be extremely loyal to their husband/wife to stay with them after they've been cheated on. Just because they stay, it doesn't make them ignorant. They love the person (sport). But after the 3rd and 4th time it happens, some times you have draw a line in the sand. I realize some people have unconditional love for the sport/team/person. In this cases, there is nothing the other person can do to push them away. I find no fault with either the person who stays with the habitual cheat or the fan who stands by his sport to the end. I also have no problem with the person who divorces their spouse or team/sport. Both show they will no put up with being stomped on and treated with no respect.

Old
11-21-2012, 06:31 PM
JMiller

Quote:

My analogy between a cheating spouse and the NHL turning their backs on their fans every few years may not work for everyone. But it's exactly how I view the subject. A spouse has to be extremely loyal to their husband/wife to stay with them after they've been cheated on. Just because they stay, it doesn't make them ignorant. They love the person (sport). But after the 3rd and 4th time it happens, some times you have draw a line in the sand. I realize some people have unconditional love for the sport/team/person. In this cases, there is nothing the other person can do to push them away. I find no fault with either the person who stays with the habitual cheat or the fan who stands by his sport to the end. I also have no problem with the person who divorces their spouse or team/sport. Both show they will no put up with being stomped on and treated with no respect.
Following your extended metaphor. . . a ticket-broker/fan would be a pimping out their wife. No?

Old
11-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Remcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Following your extended metaphor. . . a ticket-broker/fan would be a pimping out their wife. No?
Oh no you di'n't

Old
11-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
lol. Yeah that makes complete sense. How does one draw a correlation between pimping out one's wife to selling tickets? Because I have a wife and I sell tickets I pimp her out

That would be like me saying you are a pedophile because you have a child and you are a fan. To each their own.

Happy Thanksgiving JMill!

Old
11-22-2012, 04:55 PM
JMiller

Quote:
lol. Yeah that makes complete sense. How does one draw a correlation between pimping out one's wife to selling tickets? Because I have a wife and I sell tickets I pimp her out

That would be like me saying you are a pedophile because you have a child and you are a fan. To each their own.

Happy Thanksgiving JMill!
Just following the marriage metaphor between ticket holders and the team to its logical conclusion-when the ticket holder regularly auctions off "access" to the spouse for a night.

Happy thanksgiving looch!

Old
11-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Just following the marriage metaphor between ticket holders and the team to its logical conclusion-when the ticket holder regularly auctions off "access" to the spouse for a night.

Happy thanksgiving looch!

Still not following the similarities. Would it make sense for me to say you auction off your kids for sexual favors? I bit of a stretch...

Old
11-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire

One more payment to go on seats thank god . JJ thanks for helping to get this season going .................................................. not !

Old
11-24-2012, 11:30 AM
WickedBruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCL View Post
Signed up for the 4 PM, the last time slot. Hope they're running on schedule.

It looks cheezy, but my 7 year old and his buddies from Mite Hockey will think it's the greatest thing.
I did the 3-4. Interesting though... I have a single seat and got option for two tickets so I took it. Taking my mom.

Now if I could get my tired ass moving...

For those who went earlier, they didn't have jerseys in the lockerroom right?

Old
11-26-2012, 07:44 AM
1 of the 14448

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBruinsGirl View Post
I did the 3-4. Interesting though... I have a single seat and got option for two tickets so I took it. Taking my mom.

Now if I could get my tired ass moving...

For those who went earlier, they didn't have jerseys in the lockerroom right?
Only sweater hanging up was the one I took off my back and hung up in Thornton's locker:

Just so I could get a sense of what this was supposed to be like when it should have been held last season.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Anyone else on the ten month payment plan not have their payment taken out on 11/21? My online account now shows payment due is for November and December. I never got a call or email about it. I guess I won't bother inquiring until they notice.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Highatop325
Only took 4 months!

Mine came out on Wednesday. Says I have one more payment on December 21st..

Old
11-27-2012, 10:57 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Anyone else on the ten month payment plan not have their payment taken out on 11/21? My online account now shows payment due is for November and December. I never got a call or email about it. I guess I won't bother inquiring until they notice.
Got a 200 dollar charge on the 23rd or 24th. I assumed it was for november and december. I can't ****ing wait to all this **** is over. I want out now.

Old
11-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
Got a 200 dollar charge on the 23rd or 24th. I assumed it was for november and december. I can't ****ing wait to all this **** is over. I want out now.
Cool. I guess I'll just roll with it. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll just cancel all my tickets

Old
11-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
I wish that were the case.

I am Boston Strong

Old
11-27-2012, 09:00 PM
RaskMullet
You Like No ?

anyone else have pictures of the locker room renovation they are doing or already completed ?

Old
11-29-2012, 04:32 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbratmarchand View Post
anyone else have pictures of the locker room renovation they are doing or already completed ?
They painted a mural of all the Cup/retirement banners in the hallway that leads from the lockerroom to the weight room (which was off limits). The mural was recently finished. The lockerroom used to have cinder block walls, now it's dry wall and black and gold paint. The lockerroom doors now have Bruins logos on them. The players' lounge had to be recently renovated because it was awesome. Every player had their own cabinet (which we weren't to open) and a kitchen area and new logos on the wall. Never been in there before so don't know what's new, but it was pretty cool.

Mural in the top photo, locker stall bottom left, and player lounge cabinet bottom right.
http://instagram.com/p/SdW3XJJ3PG/

Old
11-29-2012, 10:18 PM
RaskMullet
You Like No ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBruinsGirl View Post
They painted a mural of all the Cup/retirement banners in the hallway that leads from the lockerroom to the weight room (which was off limits). The mural was recently finished. The lockerroom used to have cinder block walls, now it's dry wall and black and gold paint. The lockerroom doors now have Bruins logos on them. The players' lounge had to be recently renovated because it was awesome. Every player had their own cabinet (which we weren't to open) and a kitchen area and new logos on the wall. Never been in there before so don't know what's new, but it was pretty cool.

Mural in the top photo, locker stall bottom left, and player lounge cabinet bottom right.
http://instagram.com/p/SdW3XJJ3PG/
thanks

Old
11-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

C's/Trail Blazers for tonight 7:30 pm-

4 in loge 8 row 22 $65/each (face)

2 in 301 row 10 $42/each (face)

Paypal and email delivery...unless you want to pick em up in NH.

Last edited by Looch: 11-30-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old
11-30-2012, 01:15 PM
Son of Donegal

Anyone have 2 BC @ BU tix for tonight that they are looking to sell?

LMK!! Let's watch some hockey, right??

Old
11-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Donegal View Post
Anyone have 2 BC @ BU tix for tonight that they are looking to sell?

LMK!! Let's watch some hockey, right??
I saw a few CL posts for cheap seats this morning. I'm sure there's still some posted.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:55 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Celtics tix Saturday vs 76ers

n/m.

Last edited by MarshmontMcSlewfoot: 12-04-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old
12-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

2 pairs left for C's/Timberwolves game tonight.

2 in 301 row 10 $20/each ($42/face)

2 in 317 row 8 $20/each ($42/face)

paypal and email delivery.

Closed Thread