HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

All Prospect Talk

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
AS, BS< JH probably just have less of the stupid gene, enough to distinguish a differen,e.

Pro rating is folly for someone who hasn't shown the discipline, durability or talent to play every game.
Hard to argue the disipline part, although being 4th on the team in PIM for a PF type of player really isn't that bad.

As for the durability/talent, he has both and you can't ignore that this season has been an improvement over his rookie season.

Old
11-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Hard to argue the disipline part, although being 4th on the team in PIM for a PF type of player really isn't that bad.

As for the durability/talent, he has both and you can't ignore that this season has been an improvement over his rookie season.
I didn't say he hasn't improved, but for me he has to make quantum improvement to play at the next level. His skating also is not there yet.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:48 PM
BobbyJet

/\ I don't know why MM has such a burr in his saddle about Beach. Give the guy a chance.

Yes, he seems to have improved from what I heard about his play as a rookie in Rockford and I hope he gets a fair shake in Hawks training camp, though I have my doubts he will, this season. Knowing Q, slugs like Bollig and Kruger will be automatic, and Beach will be sent down before he knows what hit him.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
I didn't say he hasn't improved, but for me he has to make quantum improvement to play at the next level. His skating also is not there yet.
"for you"...sorry, you don't make the decisions. And we should be thankful for that or we would have a 4mil Brouwer on our team.

Old
11-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
"for you"...sorry, you don't make the decisions. And we should be thankful for that or we would have a 4mil Brouwer on our team.
Yeah, we were much better off saving that cap space.

Old
11-19-2012, 09:21 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
/\ I don't know why MM has such a burr in his saddle about Beach. Give the guy a chance.

Yes, he seems to have improved from what I heard about his play as a rookie in Rockford and I hope he gets a fair shake in Hawks training camp, though I have my doubts he will, this season. Knowing Q, slugs like Bollig and Kruger will be automatic, and Beach will be sent down before he knows what hit him.
Give the guy a chance? What do you think he's been given. 1st camp, acts like a d-bag, has a lousy rookie pro season and then is injured for a whole year fighting.

Guys referenced in this thread as far as getting more chances (Andrew Shaw, Ben Smith and J. Hayes) are lower round guys who have worked their arse off and put up better numbers than Beach.

The character question at draft time still lingers. Terrible pick at the time and looks like it's even worse with time.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Yeah, we were much better off saving that cap space.
Ya, and getting Danault.

Old
11-20-2012, 05:10 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

and open a roster spot for Shaw

Old
11-20-2012, 05:52 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Ya, and getting Danault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
and open a roster spot for Shaw
We'll see with Danault, I certainly hope he develops into a good pro.

By the time Shaw came up, there were several guys that he could have replaced. Bruno or Frolik for starters.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:31 AM
unbridledid

"The American Hockey League today announced that Rockford IceHogs defenseman Shawn Lalonde has been suspended for three (3) games as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent during a game vs. Houston on Nov. 16.

Lalonde will miss Rockford’s games Wednesday (Nov. 21) vs. Peoria and Friday (Nov. 23) and Saturday (Nov. 24) at Lake Erie."

Anybody know much about this guy ? He has good wheels and plays with an edge...but the knock on him was his defensive play.

His points were down last season, and I was under the impression he was working on his defensive play to the detriment of his offensive numbers. Will this guy make the NHL with the Hawks ?

Old
11-20-2012, 08:43 AM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledid View Post
"The American Hockey League today announced that Rockford IceHogs defenseman Shawn Lalonde has been suspended for three (3) games as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent during a game vs. Houston on Nov. 16.

Lalonde will miss Rockford’s games Wednesday (Nov. 21) vs. Peoria and Friday (Nov. 23) and Saturday (Nov. 24) at Lake Erie."

Anybody know much about this guy ? He has good wheels and plays with an edge...but the knock on him was his defensive play.

His points were down last season, and I was under the impression he was working on his defensive play to the detriment of his offensive numbers. Will this guy make the NHL with the Hawks ?
I think consensus right now is probably not

Old
11-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
We'll see with Danault, I certainly hope he develops into a good pro.

By the time Shaw came up, there were several guys that he could have replaced. Bruno or Frolik for starters.
It doesn't even matter.

Danault and ~4mil in cap space >>>>>>>> Brouwer

/end of discussion

Old
11-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
It doesn't even matter.

/end of discussion
That type of thinking is why the team was worse last year than the year before, although seem will even debate that fact.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

vCash: 50
You gotta have enough cap space to fill out a roster MM.

Old
11-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
You gotta have enough cap space to fill out a roster MM.
and not leave any on the table unspent too!

Old
11-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
That type of thinking is why the team was worse last year than the year before, although seem will even debate that fact.
..and I'm sure Troy freaking Brouwer would of pushed us over the edge.

The guy isn't worth near 4mil, especially when it comes to the playoffs. He would of done nothing to help last years team, except provide less than meaningful hits.

Old
11-20-2012, 03:32 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Brouwer would have helped last year but probably not enough to even push us over the hump against Phoenix. The trade was a good one, we got a really good young player. The silver lining in all of this lockout mess is that all of the propsects get better and closer to contributing. I guess we will see where the cap ends up but one way or the other, we need to bring in a quality free agent, someone like Zubrus, a goalie like Backstrom, something like that.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Brouwer would have helped last year
Ya, any 4th line grinder would of 'helped'..it's the point about how much they would of helped, and in Brouwers case, it's not a whole lot.

Old
11-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
It doesn't even matter.

/end of discussion
Quote:
Quote:
..and I'm sure Troy freaking Brouwer would of pushed us over the edge.

The guy isn't worth near 4mil, especially when it comes to the playoffs. He would of done nothing to help last years team, except provide less than meaningful hits.
Did I say that Brouwer would have done x, y or z last year? You said Danault and 4M cap space was better.

The thinking of having prospects and cap space as improving the team last year is just plain wrong.

The team was worse and partly because management agrees with your line of thinking.

Old
11-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Did I say that Brouwer would have done x, y or z last year? You said Danault and 4M cap space was better.

The thinking of having prospects and cap space as improving the team last year is just plain wrong.

The team was worse and partly because management agrees with your line of thinking.
Funny, i'm pretty sure Brouwers contracts lasts longer than just last year. We sold him at his highest value and got cap space(for the future), and a damn good prospect. The team really wasnt much worse, and if they were it was marginal and more because of the loss of Campbell than Brouwer.

Old
11-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Funny, i'm pretty sure Brouwers contracts lasts longer than just last year. We sold him at his highest value and got cap space(for the future), and a damn good prospect. The team really wasnt much worse, and if they were it was marginal and more because of the loss of Campbell than Brouwer.
I'm also pretty sure it won't be next year that you Danault in a Hawks sweater. Cap space was not for the future, it doesn't carry over year to year. You got got cap space (which went into Rocky's pocket) lost a gritty veteran player and hope a prospect pans out.

Moved Campbell for a minor leauger as it turned out and some cap space (which also went into Rocky's pocket).

Yeah, the team looked great with that master plan. Particularly PP with no net presence after nobody could get clean zone entry.

Old
11-21-2012, 05:19 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

trading Brouwer wasn't that big of a mistake. As long as we let this Cap Space being unused I'd consider taking him back

Old
11-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
I'm also pretty sure it won't be next year that you Danault in a Hawks sweater. Cap space was not for the future, it doesn't carry over year to year. You got got cap space (which went into Rocky's pocket) lost a gritty veteran player and hope a prospect pans out.

Moved Campbell for a minor leauger as it turned out and some cap space (which also went into Rocky's pocket).

Yeah, the team looked great with that master plan. Particularly PP with no net presence after nobody could get clean zone entry.
Cap space was for the future, in both the Campbell and Brouwer deals. That's pretty clear.

Brouwer was useless when it mattered (playoffs), and helped very little in the regular season. Good riddence.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Cap space was for the future, in both the Campbell and Brouwer deals. That's pretty clear.

Brouwer was useless when it mattered (playoffs), and helped very little in the regular season. Good riddence.
The future is closer than you think for this team. IF it's not spent whenever play resumes, it's all been wasted.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
The future is closer than you think for this team. IF it's not spent whenever play resumes, it's all been wasted.
I think the future is close, which is why it was a good idea to get rid of Brouwer (not so much Campbell). Brouwer was not a difference maker in anyway.

Closed Thread