HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C/W William Nylander - Modo, SHL (2014, 8th overall, Toronto)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2012, 09:21 AM
  #26
WayneBruce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
He is playing really well in the U18 league. 3rd in points and tied 1st in goals as a 15 year old. He should play in Superelit soon.

WayneBruce is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 02:31 PM
  #27
hb11xchamps
Registered User
 
hb11xchamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 1,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
He is playing really well in the U18 league. 3rd in points and tied 1st in goals as a 15 year old. He should play in Superelit soon.
That is pretty impressive

hb11xchamps is offline  
Old
01-21-2012, 06:15 AM
  #28
Hockeyfrilla
Registered User
 
Hockeyfrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,665
vCash: 500
Debut in SuperElit today, playing on the 2nd line.

Hockeyfrilla is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 05:28 AM
  #29
1912
Exalted User
 
1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Babylon
Country: Sweden
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Leading his team in J18Allsvenskan(S) in points. Fifth in league scoring.

GP:7 G:7 A:3 TP:10

He's a plus one.

Just 15 years old. That's very impressive.

1912 is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 08:54 PM
  #30
HTFN
Registered User
 
HTFN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,090
vCash: 500
I had always heard he was crazy good, glad to see that he's continuing to succeed.

HTFN is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 08:55 AM
  #31
hb11xchamps
Registered User
 
hb11xchamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 1,500
vCash: 500
Saw an article about the possibility of William playing for Sodertalje in the "Rumors" section on EliteProspects

hb11xchamps is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 10:27 AM
  #32
1912
Exalted User
 
1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Babylon
Country: Sweden
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
Saw an article about the possibility of William playing for Sodertalje in the "Rumors" section on EliteProspects
He's aldready playing for Södertälje. Albeit their SuperElit team. I think it has to do with the possibility of them offering him a pro contract for next season. Something that rarely happens in Swedish hockey.

EDIT: I should add he has five points(assists) in four SuperElit playoff games and is a plus one. Some of these players are pushing 20 while he's only 15(1996). He also has 11 points(G:4 A:7) in five international junior games this year.

Shaping up to become quite the prospect.


Last edited by 1912: 03-22-2012 at 11:17 AM.
1912 is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 11:49 AM
  #33
agentremax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
There is also rumours that his father join the club, would nice to see father/son on the same team!

agentremax is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 12:00 PM
  #34
WayneBruce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
He must hit the gym this summer before he starts playing on the senior team, he is not very big atm.

WayneBruce is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 09:15 AM
  #35
Jim Morrison
Registered User
 
Jim Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,362
vCash: 500
Extremly impressive. Leads the scoring in J20 SuperElit as a 16 year old born 1996. 21 points in 15 games. Two-three years younger than the rest. If he keeps going like this he'll probably even get a call-up to the real team in SEL-2. Playing with adults - such as Anze Kopitar, Gabriel Landeskog, Patrik Berglund and Douglas Murray. As a 16 year old.

Definitely in the discussion for #1 right now in his NHL-draft.

Jim Morrison is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:24 AM
  #36
bottomofthefoodchain
Registered User
 
bottomofthefoodchain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Extremly impressive. Leads the scoring in J20 SuperElit as a 16 year old born 1996. 21 points in 15 games. Two-three years younger than the rest. If he keeps going like this he'll probably even get a call-up to the real team in SEL-2. Playing with adults - such as Anze Kopitar, Gabriel Landeskog, Patrik Berglund and Douglas Murray. As a 16 year old.

Definitely in the discussion for #1 right now in his NHL-draft.
Has it been confirmed he will play for Sweden?

bottomofthefoodchain is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:38 AM
  #37
Jim Morrison
Registered User
 
Jim Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
Has it been confirmed he will play for Sweden?
He's on the roster for the U18 Swedish Team.

http://www.swehockey.se/ImageVaultFi...nov_2012_u.PDF

Jim Morrison is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 12:03 PM
  #38
YARR123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post

Definitely in the discussion for #1 right now in his NHL-draft.
Isn't this very premature? There have been plenty of players in the past that have played in jr.20 with impressive stats 1 year before their draft year. Also according to eliteprospects Nylander is not very big (could be outdated ofc). I say this without seeing him play, however I have the feeling that neither have you (again could be wrong but you only mentioned his stats). I'm not saying that he can't be in the #1 discussion, just that his stats, albeit very impressive, shouldn't automatically warrant him this status.

YARR123 is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 01:02 PM
  #39
novon04
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Isn't this very premature? There have been plenty of players in the past that have played in jr.20 with impressive stats 1 year before their draft year. Also according to eliteprospects Nylander is not very big (could be outdated ofc). I say this without seeing him play, however I have the feeling that neither have you (again could be wrong but you only mentioned his stats). I'm not saying that he can't be in the #1 discussion, just that his stats, albeit very impressive, shouldn't automatically warrant him this status.
Yep, Collberg and Victor Rask had PPG+ seasons in SuperElit at the same age as Nylander and they were picked in the 2nd round of the draft. However, I saw him in the tournament TV-pucken last year his overall skill level looked very impressive. Based on that and his stats since then, I'd say he has a boatload of talent but it's too early to say if he's a future top 10 pick.

novon04 is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 01:03 PM
  #40
Jim Morrison
Registered User
 
Jim Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Isn't this very premature?.
Yes, very.

Jim Morrison is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 01:22 PM
  #41
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,792
vCash: 500
Right now SSK's heading for SuperElit top10. If you top the scoring there at his age, you're pretty special(Lindholm did just that last year, although ½ year older). Doing well now is also impressive of course, but less of a measurement.

joe89 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 05:47 AM
  #42
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,792
vCash: 500
Nylander is still tops in SuperElit scoring, 32p in 21 games.

He's also been given exceptional status to represent Sweden at IIHF competition now.

joe89 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 08:17 AM
  #43
1912
Exalted User
 
1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Babylon
Country: Sweden
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Taking a giant steaming **** on all the competition right now.

1912 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 10:12 AM
  #44
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,836
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Nylander is still tops in SuperElit scoring, 32p in 21 games.

He's also been given exceptional status to represent Sweden at IIHF competition now.
Pardon my ignorance, but what does exceptional status mean in this sense? I had already assumed he had eligibility for Sweden (and the US of course).

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 10:19 AM
  #45
Huffman
Registered User
 
Huffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what does exceptional status mean in this sense? I had already assumed he had eligibility for Sweden (and the US of course).
He has not played 2 whole seasons in Sweden, that is a requirement he does not meet.

Huffman is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 10:20 AM
  #46
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,836
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry2perry View Post
He has not played 2 whole seasons in Sweden, that is a requirement he does not meet.
Thankyou, my mistake.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 10:24 AM
  #47
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what does exceptional status mean in this sense? I had already assumed he had eligibility for Sweden (and the US of course).
He had no eligibility for the US as he holds no citizenship there, was between Sweden and Canada. Full IIHF statement here: http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...ash=b6ff415b83

joe89 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 10:59 AM
  #48
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,628
vCash: 500
oh wow that's pretty awesome to hear.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 08:08 AM
  #49
Jim Morrison
Registered User
 
Jim Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,362
vCash: 500
4 point game today. Still leads the entire scoring in J20 SuperElit with 38 points in 23 games. As a 16 year old.

For comparision, Daniel Sedin had 40 points in 26 games at the same age. Henrik had 36 points in 26 games. Other more recent players have been hovering around 1 PPG. Players such as Filip Forsberg, Andre Burakovsky, Sebastian Collberg and Victor Rask. If Nylander keeps going like this he'll beat all of those guys with ease. The scoring-leader of all time among 16 year olds is Collberg with 44 points in 35 games. And Nylander already has 38.

Jim Morrison is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 09:36 AM
  #50
novon04
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
4 point game today. Still leads the entire scoring in J20 SuperElit with 38 points in 23 games. As a 16 year old.

For comparision, Daniel Sedin had 40 points in 26 games at the same age. Henrik had 36 points in 26 games. Other more recent players have been hovering around 1 PPG. Players such as Filip Forsberg, Andre Burakovsky, Sebastian Collberg and Victor Rask. If Nylander keeps going like this he'll beat all of those guys with ease. The scoring-leader of all time among 16 year olds is Collberg with 44 points in 35 games. And Nylander already has 38.
He's also on a 15 game point scoring streak and 18 points ahead of the second highest scorer on his team. It's not often you see someone at that age put up points with that much consistency.

novon04 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.