HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Official Blues During the Lockout Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-14-2012, 03:27 PM
  #101
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,696
vCash: 50
Is it me, or does Stewy sound like a primadonna at this point?

Randall Ritchey is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 04:11 PM
  #102
STL fan in IA
Registered User
 
STL fan in IA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
Is it me, or does Stewy sound like a primadonna at this point?
Well, Stewie's best friend faced racial attacks there in the Czech Rep so I'm not going I question Stewie's reasons for wanting to head back to Germany.

Personally, I don't really care where these guys play overseas, or don't play for those who are still just practicing in STL and elsewhere. The part I care about is that NONE of them are playing for thee Blues right now. For some reason, that really bugs me.

STL fan in IA is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 06:53 PM
  #103
the
Registered User
 
the's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
What is Jaroslav Halak up to these days?

the is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 07:34 PM
  #104
Alklha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,113
vCash: 50
Not been updated in a while... Anyone who is following the SKA games should note that the game on Sunday is earlier than most of the games recently (7am start time in St. Louis). As I think we all know now, Chris Stewart is back in Germany having not done too well in the Czech Republic. He had 2 assists in his return tonight.

Vladimír Sobotka - HC Slavia Praha (Czech Extraliga)
6-9-15 & +6 in 14GP (Next game 11/18 -vs- HC Sparta Prague @ 10:00 CST)

Roman Polák - HC Vítkovice (Czech Extraliga)
1-3-4 & -5 in 13GP (Next game 11/18 -vs- HC Pardubice @ 10:00 CST)

Patrik Berglund - VIK Västerĺs (Swedish Allsvenskan)
11-7-18 & +6 in 17GP (Next game 11/17 -vs- BIK Karlskoga @ 09:00 CST)

Alexander Steen - MODO (Swedish Elitserien)
5-9-14 & +2 in 15GP (Next game 11/17 -vs- Brynäs IF @ 09:00 CST)

Chris Stewart - Eispiraten Crimmitschau (German 2nd Bundesliga)
5-8-13 in 10GP (Next game 11/18 -vs- EV Ravensburg @ 11:30 CST)
0-1-1 & 0 in 5GP (w/ Bílí Tygři Liberec in Czech Extraliga)

Matt D'Agostini - SC Riessersee (German 2nd Bundesliga)
1-3-4 in 8GP (Next game 11/18 -vs- Lausitzer Füchse @ 11:00 CST)

Vladimir Tarasenko - SKA (KHL)
10-11-21 & +10 in 15GP (Next game 11/18 -vs- Severstal Cherepovets @ 07:00 CST)

Kris Russell - TPS (Finnish SM-liiga)
2-7-9 & -4 in 8GP (Next game 11/17 -vs- HIFK @ 08:00 CST)


Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
What is Jaroslav Halak up to these days?
Good question. I assume he has recovered from his injury, with how the discussions are going I would be shocked if he didn't sign with someone by the end of the month if he is healthy.

Alklha is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 03:28 AM
  #105
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !
 
n1cON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: here & there
Country: Germany
Posts: 812
vCash: 500
Hey guys Rangers fan coming in peace

Just wanted to let you know how Stewart did in his 1st game back from Liberec...

By far the best man on the ice. Strong to the net, good vision and his drive motivated the whole team.



Good to have him back

Here´s his fight in last nights game against the league leading team.
(Eispiraten Crimmitschau vs. Bremerhaven, Germany Tier II)



Also 2 Assists for him and 14 PIM in that game. 2 for Roughing and 2+10 for roughing and his fight against Stas.
I´ll try to keep you guys updated.
Have a nice weekend guys...

n1cON is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 07:47 AM
  #106
Alklha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,113
vCash: 50
Thanks for the update, glad to hear he played so well. It is probably a better place for him than the Extraliga. The quality might be a significant step down, but his game isn't exactly built for European ice (as Kane has shown in the KHL).

Alklha is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 08:44 AM
  #107
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Well, Stewie's best friend faced racial attacks there in the Czech Rep so I'm not going I question Stewie's reasons for wanting to head back to Germany.

Personally, I don't really care where these guys play overseas, or don't play for those who are still just practicing in STL and elsewhere. The part I care about is that NONE of them are playing for thee Blues right now. For some reason, that really bugs me.
It was because he wasn't able to earn ice time he wanted and he admitted that. He didn't use the racism argument.

zorz is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 02:03 PM
  #108
STL fan in IA
Registered User
 
STL fan in IA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
It was because he wasn't able to earn ice time he wanted and he admitted that. He didn't use the racism argument.
Well of course he didn't say he left because if the racist incident to the press. Neither did Simmonds when he left but I think it's pretty reasonable to suspect that the incident was at least a part of the reasoning for why he left.

STL fan in IA is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 02:40 PM
  #109
Tomas W
Registered User
 
Tomas W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,636
vCash: 500
2 goals for Berglund tonight against Karlskoga

Tomas W is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 05:39 PM
  #110
Alklha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,113
vCash: 50
The whole racist incident is getting somewhat overblown. Not a nice thing, but it appears to have been handled really well by the teams and the Czech authorities. The players were happy with how the incident was handled.

Stewart and Simmonds left over a number of issues; language barrier, coaching change, the racist incident would have played a part and ice-time in Stewart's case and Simmonds also had personal reasons for leaving.

Alklha is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 05:53 PM
  #111
h22prelude93
Registered User
 
h22prelude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St.Louis, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Well of course he didn't say he left because if the racist incident to the press. Neither did Simmonds when he left but I think it's pretty reasonable to suspect that the incident was at least a part of the reasoning for why he left.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl--wa...14-221918.html
Right you are. And it seems communication was an even bigger factor. Apparently they didn't find out about the racism remarks until reading them over the internet. Which made the situation even more awkward. I don't blame either of them one bit for leaving.

h22prelude93 is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 12:01 PM
  #112
olliho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1cON View Post
Hey guys Rangers fan coming in peace

Just wanted to let you know how Stewart did in his 1st game back from Liberec...

By far the best man on the ice. Strong to the net, good vision and his drive motivated the whole team.



Good to have him back

Here´s his fight in last nights game against the league leading team.
(Eispiraten Crimmitschau vs. Bremerhaven, Germany Tier II)



Also 2 Assists for him and 14 PIM in that game. 2 for Roughing and 2+10 for roughing and his fight against Stas.
I´ll try to keep you guys updated.
Have a nice weekend guys...

another angle + Fans celebrating:


olliho is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 12:54 PM
  #113
h22prelude93
Registered User
 
h22prelude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St.Louis, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
What is Jaroslav Halak up to these days?
Per @plysenkov/@jprutherford
Jaro Halak is reportedly signing with Spartak Moscow of the KHL.

h22prelude93 is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 01:18 PM
  #114
Alklha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,113
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Per @plysenkov/@jprutherford
Jaro Halak is reportedly signing with Spartak Moscow of the KHL.
SovSport say the deal will be done soon. Spartak have one of the worst defensive records in the KHL, so he'll be getting plenty of practice! As poorly as they have played, they should still be competitive in their matches.

Hopefully there will be a few more joining him in Europe. Bad enough not having NHL, I'd at least like as many guys playing a decent level as possible.

Alklha is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 11:37 PM
  #115
frostyflo
#peskyblues
 
frostyflo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,888
vCash: 500
Our twitter guys say now Jaro to Spartak is NOT true.

frostyflo is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 02:56 AM
  #116
frostyflo
#peskyblues
 
frostyflo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,888
vCash: 500
Btw does anybody know when Steener will be back?

frostyflo is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 05:11 AM
  #117
Alklha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,113
vCash: 50
Quick update. Berglund now seems to be doing great back home in Sweden, 15 goals in 19 games and going 4-2-6 in his last 2 games. Riessersee have started to play a bit better, and D'Agostini has put up 7 points over his last 6 games with them. As for Steen, I don't think he'll be back for another week or so.

Vladimír Sobotka - HC Slavia Praha (Czech Extraliga)
8-9-17 & +7 in 16GP (Next game 11/23 -vs- Piráti Chomutov @ 10:30 CST)

Roman Polák - HC Vítkovice (Czech Extraliga)
2-3-5 & -5 in 15GP (Next game 11/22 -vs- HC Sparta Praha @ 11:10 CST)

Patrik Berglund - VIK Västerĺs (Swedish Allsvenskan)
15-9-24 & +10 in 19GP (Next game 11/25 -vs- Asplöven HC @ 09:00 CST)

Alexander Steen - MODO (Swedish Elitserien)
5-9-14 & +2 in 15GP (Injured)

Chris Stewart - Eispiraten Crimmitschau (German 2nd Bundesliga)
5-9-14 in 11GP (Next game 11/23 -vs- ESV Kaufbeuren @ 12:30 CST)
0-1-1 & 0 in 5GP (w/ Bílí Tygři Liberec in Czech Extraliga)

Matt D'Agostini - SC Riessersee (German 2nd Bundesliga)
2-6-8 in 10GP (Next game 11/25 -vs- EC Hannover Indians @ 09:00 CST)

Vladimir Tarasenko - SKA (KHL)
10-11-21 & +10 in 16GP (Next game 11/21 -vs- Severstal Cherepovets @ 09:30 CST)

Kris Russell - TPS (Finnish SM-liiga)
2-7-9 & -4 in 8GP (Injured)

Alklha is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 05:45 AM
  #118
frostyflo
#peskyblues
 
frostyflo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Quick update. Berglund now seems to be doing great back home in Sweden, 15 goals in 19 games and going 4-2-6 in his last 2 games. Riessersee have started to play a bit better, and D'Agostini has put up 7 points over his last 6 games with them. As for Steen, I don't think he'll be back for another week or so.
Thank you a lot Alklha, great work!

frostyflo is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 11:12 AM
  #119
Steve Doan
Re-sign Elliott
 
Steve Doan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eureka
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 9,598
vCash: 50
Halak will be playing in Germany according to his agent. The timing really dampens my prospects of any season.

Steve Doan is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 11:40 AM
  #120
frostyflo
#peskyblues
 
frostyflo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
Halak will be playing in Germany according to his agent. The timing really dampens my prospects of any season.
Yeah, Lausitz in the 2nd tier german league.
I'm not concerned about that, I think he just felt ready for some hockey.
Anyway, we'll pretty sure know more by the end of the week, maybe even by the end of that day

frostyflo is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 12:13 PM
  #121
MattyMo35
Moderator
Schwartz Be With You
 
MattyMo35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,633
vCash: 50
Really appreciate the work in this thread Alklha. Same goes for h22 on the prospect statistics.

MattyMo35 is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 09:40 AM
  #122
Burgs
Registered User
 
Burgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
Yeah, Lausitz in the 2nd tier german league.
I'm not concerned about that, I think he just felt ready for some hockey.
Anyway, we'll pretty sure know more by the end of the week, maybe even by the end of that day
Lausitz is just the name of the region, Lusatia in English. They play in the small town of Weisswasser. It's a pretty rural, backwoods area (the only place in Germany that has wolves in the wild) but with a long and proud hockey tradition, kind of a German Thunder Bay. Former Blue Todd Gill finished his career there in 03-04. Their starting goalie Jonathan Boutin is currently out with a concussion so they had to act fast. Contract length is 4 weeks (with an out clause if the lockout ends earlier). He'd have to extend that if he wants to meet Stewart in the next 'Battle of Saxony' Dec 28.

Burgs is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 08:54 PM
  #123
glassbangers
"I home."
 
glassbangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UVI
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,343
vCash: 50
Shattenkirk goes to Finland. Joins his St. Louis teammate Kris Russell in TPS.

Quote:
Kevin Shattenkirk ‏@shattdeuces

Looking forward to joining HC TPS and playing some hockey! Thanks for all the support

glassbangers is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 03:38 AM
  #124
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 15,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
Shattenkirk goes to Finland. Joins his St. Louis teammate Kris Russell in TPS.
Soooo awesome! Shattenkirk is freaking awesome. This is not every day thing to see all these hockey stars in FEL. It's like early christmas.

Colorado Avalanche is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 08:54 AM
  #125
premadonna
Registered User
 
premadonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,221
vCash: 520


Looks like he needs some conditioning...

premadonna is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.