HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2012, 12:09 PM
joey16

vCash: 500
Pribyl with a goal yesterday. He's now 11 games, 6 points
http://www.sport.cz/hokej/extraliga/...lil-hertl.html
His goal right in the beginning.

Old
11-19-2012, 12:27 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

That ad was uh.. weird.. Thanks for the video. His skating technique is still awkward but he looked fast. Have you seen him play this year?

Old
11-19-2012, 01:21 PM
NotProkofievian

Nice goal. And yes, very awkward technique.

Old
11-19-2012, 03:47 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Nice goal. And yes, very awkward technique.
Pribyl is a Timmins pick and skating can be improved with proper technique and coaching.His size and skill cannot be taught and the Bulldogs really need a top six center that can create offence.Like you say nice goal Danny keep up the hard work,I can't wait to watch him in Hamilton next season or maybe later this year.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Et le But

While his skating technique is pretty awful, it is promising to see him show a bit of explosiveness there. The kid definitely has skill.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
While his skating technique is pretty awful, it is promising to see him show a bit of explosiveness there. The kid definitely has skill.
There certainly wasn't any explosiveness there, he just caught a lazy defender sleeping.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:01 PM
NotProkofievian

Definitely not any explosiveness. However, watching the play, it was a very good read.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:03 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Pribyl is a Timmins pick and skating can be improved with proper technique and coaching.His size and skill cannot be taught and the Bulldogs really need a top six center that can create offence.Like you say nice goal Danny keep up the hard work,I can't wait to watch him in Hamilton next season or maybe later this year.
I can't remember his contract situation, but yeah he needs to do some work with the habs skating coach, and soon.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
There certainly wasn't any explosiveness there, he just caught a lazy defender sleeping.
My bar is very low.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:49 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
My bar is very low.
There may not have been explosiveness but certainly vision and the quick thinking to get past both defencemen,thanks to a very good breakout pass.

Old
11-20-2012, 02:15 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
There may not have been explosiveness but certainly vision and the quick thinking to get past both defencemen,thanks to a very good breakout pass.
Yeah, it was a very good read. The thing that makes me hopeful for him is that he's very smart.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:57 AM
zzoo

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...6_section_POS1

"Prendergast dit avoir déjà été conquis par Hudon, choix de cinquième ronde du Canadien en 2012.

«Il a été notre meilleur compteur au tournoi Ivan-Hlinka. Donc, ça n'a pas été une grande surprise pour moi de constater qu'il a été dominant contre les Russes en août. C'est l'un de mes joueurs favoris depuis un an. J'ai été surpris qu'il soit repêché seulement en cinquième ronde. La mode semble favoriser à nouveau les joueurs imposants, mais il joue comme s'il était un joueur costaud et on le verra dans la LNH.» "

Old
11-21-2012, 11:20 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...6_section_POS1

"Prendergast dit avoir déjà été conquis par Hudon, choix de cinquième ronde du Canadien en 2012.

«Il a été notre meilleur compteur au tournoi Ivan-Hlinka. Donc, ça n'a pas été une grande surprise pour moi de constater qu'il a été dominant contre les Russes en août. C'est l'un de mes joueurs favoris depuis un an. J'ai été surpris qu'il soit repêché seulement en cinquième ronde. La mode semble favoriser à nouveau les joueurs imposants, mais il joue comme s'il était un joueur costaud et on le verra dans la LNH.» "

Good read, thanks for the link! I freaking love Hudon.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
11-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

There's nothing more than I'd love than to have been wrong on Hudon. Was not a fan last year yet, I have seen him 10-15 times and came underwhelmed by him EVERY SINGLE TIME. But I do have to say that of the 5 times I've seen him this year, came away impressed by him. People talk about how Archambault is a changed man, well on my end, my changed man is Hudon. Not sure how it will translate though. That still remains to be seen. But looks so much better now. Just praying that he makes the WJC. Would be an incredible feature for him.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:47 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
There's nothing more than I'd love than to have been wrong on Hudon. Was not a fan last year yet, I have seen him 10-15 times and came underwhelmed by him EVERY SINGLE TIME. But I do have to say that of the 5 times I've seen him this year, came away impressed by him. People talk about how Archambault is a changed man, well on my end, my changed man is Hudon. Not sure how it will translate though. That still remains to be seen. But looks so much better now. Just praying that he makes the WJC. Would be an incredible feature for him.
I think it was Bob Mckenzie who tweeted that a first line that had Hudon on it wouldn't be out of the question, or in fact, may have been his suggestion or educated guess. I don't expect him to be on the first line, but I think a Canadian WJC team without Hudon on it made a mistake.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:56 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I think it was Bob Mckenzie who tweeted that a first line that had Hudon on it wouldn't be out of the question, or in fact, may have been his suggestion or educated guess. I don't expect him to be on the first line, but I think a Canadian WJC team without Hudon on it made a mistake.
The only way Hudon doesn't make the team is by injury IMO,his play in all three zones and PK cannot be ignored.

Old
11-21-2012, 12:08 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Huberdeau - Scheifele - Strome
Hudon - Jenner - Rattie
Monahan - MacKinnon - DiGiussepe
Danault - McNeil - Wilson
Lowry/Ritchie

Rielly - Harrington
Ouellet - Hamilton
Siemens - Murphy
Dumba

Subban
Brossoit
Binnington

Waddya guys think?

Old
11-21-2012, 12:10 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJbxl...feature=b-vrec

Old
11-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Dada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Hudon - Jenner - Rattie
Lowry/Ritchie

Rielly - Harrington
Ouellet - Hamilton
Siemens - Murphy
Dumba

Subban
Brossoit
Binnington

Waddya guys think?
Donde esta Drouin ?

Old
11-21-2012, 12:44 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Thanks for the link, interesting comments, would be great to see him make the wjc's at 18ish.

Quote:
I never saw him last year but every game i've seen him this year i've been very impressed. Granted his lack of size/strength is a concern going forward but he looks like a very smart and skilled player that creates a lot of things on the ice. Agreed on making the wjc's, would be cool to see.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:02 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
I just knew you'd change your mind. You like smart players and he is one. Last season I saw the good and the bad but I really felt he's got IT. Still work to be done but that's why it's a few years til he could make an impact.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:31 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
Donde esta Drouin ?
Hockey Canada rarely have draft eligible prospects on their U20 squad, that's my reasonning.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Hudon - Jenner - Rattie
Lowry/Ritchie

Rielly - Harrington
Ouellet - Hamilton
Siemens - Murphy
Dumba

Subban
Brossoit
Binnington

Waddya guys think?
MacKinnon won't make it at center. Not ahead of Strome RNH Scheifele Danault and Jenner.

Siemens is a longshot to make it, not even sure he gets an invite to camp.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:49 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
Donde esta Drouin ?
Quote:
Hudon - Jenner - Rattie
Lowry/Ritchie

Rielly - Harrington
Ouellet - Hamilton
Siemens - Murphy
Dumba

Subban
Brossoit
Binnington

Waddya guys think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
My first thought was where is Drouin,then Shinkaruk,but great choice in Hudon.The you tube feature was great,watching the reaction to being picked by the Habs.At the end he was hugging his Mom,with the tear on his cheek.This kid is passionate about playing hockey and being a Hab was icing on the cake.He will be playing for the Habs and most likely Top Six.Go Hudon Go!

Old
11-21-2012, 05:56 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
MacKinnon won't make it at center. Not ahead of Strome RNH Scheifele Danault and Jenner.

Siemens is a longshot to make it, not even sure he gets an invite to camp.
Well, I'm pretty sure RNH won't be playing in the WJC. Also, who would you put instead of Siemens?

Closed Thread