HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2012, 03:31 PM
canucks357

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I expected close to the same thing Canucks gets in hockey- 20M.
Keep in mind that is a 5* (if I remember correctly <checks> nope 4*) and has a 20% bonus thanks to the CWC. I suspect even with my HR, OTR and league level increase my sponsor offers will drop this coming season in hockey. In soccer, I'm getting 21M/week, all of which I plan to sink into my stadium.

Edit: 5-0 win in the final of the league cup. No sponsor bonus next season but the OTR bonus certainly won't hurt. Saved up my energy all season (excluding a NC run) and at least I was somewhat rewarded.

Last edited by canucks357: 11-18-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old
11-19-2012, 05:20 PM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Some good some bad from my CL- most of my "top" prospects remained at 6/6 so I'm happy. Including the long term anchor for my D

Old
11-19-2012, 07:33 PM
canucks357

Well, once again the C/L police screwed me over. Top 6/6 prospects dropped and once again *ALL 6/6 15 YO PURCHASES I MADE WITH THE INTENTION OF BEING FRANCHISE PLAYERS DROPPED*. Sometimes I feel like this guy when it comes to this game... (Minus the remote control up the behind...)

Old
11-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Obryantj

CL drops went fairly well for me and of the ones that did happen, a few were guaranteed. I should probably look and see how many of the non-drops were guaranteed not to drop, but things look good at the moment.

0 Goalkeepers dropped. Thankfully, my 2 prospects stayed 6/6 at 16 and 17. That includes Esteban Alaniz who (thanks to 2 training camps) has gained 86 OR in the last 30 days.

4 defenders dropped, 2 of which were guaranteed. The other 2 were 18 to 5/6 and 16 to 5/6. 2 SDs and 2 CDs stayed 6/6, including Matt Hernandez (16). That was followed with an offer for Hernadez via in-game mail at 60M.

3 midfielders dropped, including 1 guaranteed. The other 2 were 21 to 4/6 (Taganovich) and 16 to 5/6. I bought Taganovich when he as 19 and 5/6, so I'm not sure if this drop was guaranteed or not. I' m down to only 1 midfielder at 6/6, a low OR, high EQ CM.

2 forwards dropped, including 1 guaranteed. The other was 17 to 4/6. Of course, that happens to be my highest EQ forward. This will be the position I target on the market this season after I make the necessary upgrades to my stadium/facilities.

------------------------

In hockey, my team made a statement today winning 7-0 against one of the teams that had a decent shot to make the playoffs. That puts me 6 points (and +22 in GD) up on 9th. I have a game left against a manager-less team, while 9th place has 2 games against top 4 teams remaining. It looks like I'll be playoff bound for the first time in I.1!

Old
11-19-2012, 10:04 PM
canucks357

Just published a PPM Mag article on S9 Canada I.1 soccer. Feel free to predict your top-10 to win prizes. Anyone in the US wants to write one let me know.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:45 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Well, once again the C/L police screwed me over. Top 6/6 prospects dropped and once again *ALL 6/6 15 YO PURCHASES I MADE WITH THE INTENTION OF BEING FRANCHISE PLAYERS DROPPED*. Sometimes I feel like this guy when it comes to this game... (Minus the remote control up the behind...)
CL drops can be brutal. It set my hockey rebuild back at least a season. Soccer drops weren't too bad overall.

The only two big surprises were Kelly White dropping to 5/6 at 17yo and my goalie Roman Cernohorsky dropping to 3/6 at 22yo. I can't believe I already have to start grooming another goalie. That's ridiculous when I have a 22yo and an 19yo. CL drops in this game are stupid. And White's my favorite prospect, so I fully expect him to be at 4/6 at 19yo.

Thankfully Junior Lemieux made it the full 4 seasons at 5/6 after dropping at 17yo. And Yaroslav Korbetskiy, the forward I bought for 20M thinking he had 302 OR but only had 202 OR, is still 6/6 at 170yo.

Miguel Harris is 4/6 at 24yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
4 defenders dropped, 2 of which were guaranteed. The other 2 were 18 to 5/6 and 16 to 5/6. 2 SDs and 2 CDs stayed 6/6, including Matt Hernandez (16). That was followed with an offer for Hernadez via in-game mail at 60M.
**** you. That sucks ass. Is he still on the NT? That's fricking retarded. Dude is not worth 60M, is he? You should take it and run.

Quote:
In hockey, my team made a statement today winning 7-0 against one of the teams that had a decent shot to make the playoffs. That puts me 6 points (and +22 in GD) up on 9th. I have a game left against a manager-less team, while 9th place has 2 games against top 4 teams remaining. It looks like I'll be playoff bound for the first time in I.1!
Playoffs in US I.1 is not impressive

Old
11-20-2012, 01:24 PM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
3 of my best players dropped to 3/6, 2 are 23, one is 22.

G, CD, & CM. I'm already in pretty good shape at all 3 positions so it's not horrible. I'll have to start getting the replacements on the field more to get experience and move them in over time.

Old
11-20-2012, 03:53 PM
canucks357

Glad I didn't sell Himper. 4-1W in my return to I.1, he notched 3 goals. #Dreamy

Old
11-20-2012, 04:40 PM
tujague

How did you get your result so fast? Are Canada's games ahead of ours now?

I'm up 1-0 30 minutes in.

Edit... Duh. You're using that view source thing, eh?

Old
11-20-2012, 04:55 PM
canucks357

Quote:
How did you get your result so fast? Are Canada's games ahead of ours now?

I'm up 1-0 30 minutes in.

Edit... Duh. You're using that view source thing, eh?
Sure am! Appreciate your efforts to speak my language . By the way, is this runnyonion guy someone known in the American community? His comment on my PPM Mag article p!$$ed me off, more so since I'm in a crab-tastic mood lately

Old
11-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
**** you. That sucks ass. Is he still on the NT? That's fricking retarded. Dude is not worth 60M, is he? You should take it and run.
I'd have to wait until he's been with my team for 50 days before selling him. He's still on the NT, but we'll see if he stays after the new manager takes over. (Note: Make sure to vote)

If he stays on the NT (and gets called up for the training bonus consistently), then he's worth close to 60M in my eyes. If not, then he's worth a few million less. Not dropping to 5/6 definitely helped his value.

Quote:
Playoffs in US I.1 is not impressive
You have to make the playoffs before you can win the title. Not that I expect to win the title this season, but I'll have a better chance than if I finished 9th or worse in the regular season.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:04 PM
redcard

Started off the season with a scoreless draw to a much stronger High Headerz team...can't complain about that.

Unfortunately, I picked up 5 yellows in the game, which will certainly hurt a little later.

Old
11-21-2012, 07:56 AM
tujague

Very happy to pull off a 2-1 win in game 1. My OTS is at 93. Which is pretty bad considering that Corona and Obryantj were above that most of last season. But I am running a camp and one of the 3 dmen starters I was hoping to carry me early in the seasons hurt. Hopefully my OTS gets above 110 when the four starters come back. The Coronas are at 128, Boilermakers are at 123, Headerz are 118(?) and Betamax are 113. Or something like that. I need to be in that ballpark.

And I've decided to run both camps back to back. If I do this, then I won't need Player Training SDs until the end of next season.

-----
I'm going for a win in hockey. Up against a team with 74 OTS vs my 51 OTS. This is my best chance to beat a team other than the dead one. I don't expect it to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
I'd have to wait until he's been with my team for 50 days before selling him. He's still on the NT, but we'll see if he stays after the new manager takes over. (Note: Make sure to vote)

If he stays on the NT (and gets called up for the training bonus consistently), then he's worth close to 60M in my eyes. If not, then he's worth a few million less. Not dropping to 5/6 definitely helped his value.
I still can't believe that, of all the recent pulls I've had, Matt Hernandez is the one called up. I thought of him as above average from the beginning. The only thing he's got is the massive OR. Obviously I value plays differently. Ad I'm pissed he was added to the NT now He was going to be a god backup for me if he remained on a good career path.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:11 PM
suprvilce

I have a question about how OTS works. In my league there is a team with low OTS, and goalie strength is 52, but he easily has one of the best goalies in the entire league, even when still injured he keeps stealing games even if his entire team is crap. My goalie strength is at around 95, yet my goaltending isn't nearly as good as his, in fact this month has been horrible goaltending wise. So my question is how come a team with 52 goaltending strength has (much) better goaltending than my team that has goalie strength 95. The difference between the two goalies is only 63 OR for his goalie (just added him to queue to scout to se his attributes, will take few days), yet it doesn't show in strength.

edit: also shoud mention he rolls all 3 lines always and plays on highest intensity all games. His players are probably at around 40 energy, yet he is still dominating goaltending wise, doesn't seem to be affected by fatigue at all.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:34 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
I have a question about how OTS works. In my league there is a team with low OTS, and goalie strength is 52, but he easily has one of the best goalies in the entire league, even when still injured he keeps stealing games even if his entire team is crap. My goalie strength is at around 95, yet my goaltending isn't nearly as good as his, in fact this month has been horrible goaltending wise. So my question is how come a team with 52 goaltending strength has (much) better goaltending than my team that has goalie strength 95. The difference between the two goalies is only 63 OR for his goalie (just added him to queue to scout to se his attributes, will take few days), yet it doesn't show in strength.

edit: also shoud mention he rolls all 3 lines always and plays on highest intensity all games. His players are probably at around 40 energy, yet he is still dominating goaltending wise, doesn't seem to be affected by fatigue at all.
Goalie OTS depends on backup, I think it is 60-40. If he has a very bad backup the goalie OTS will look really bad but the goalie who is actually playing is much stronger than what the OTS shows.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:06 AM
tujague

Has anyone ever wondered if Sporting Directors actually affect the players training in training camps? I have. I was wondering if their only affect was on how many players could be sent. So I benched the two camp SDs tonight. Efficiency went from 90+% to 20+%. Training dropped from 2.028 to 1.833.

Quote:
Sure am! Appreciate your efforts to speak my language . By the way, is this runnyonion guy someone known in the American community? His comment on my PPM Mag article p!$$ed me off, more so since I'm in a crab-tastic mood lately
Hah. Runnyonion is probably going to be coach of the soccer NT team next season There's no other serious contender. He's not usually as brash on the US forums. He was a whiney ***** in another article posted on PP Magazine. I think it was the one about the faces?

There's a bit of a discussion about what type of manager should be leading our NT and which players should be on it. I think it's funny that Matt Hernandez of all people was mentioned as someone who shouldn't be on the NT! He's not bad as a 4th or 5th dman on a regular team.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:12 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Has anyone ever wondered if Sporting Directors actually affect the players training in training camps? [...]Training dropped from 2.028 to 1.833.

[...]

Hah. Runnyonion [...] He was a whiney ***** in another article posted on PP Magazine. I think it was the one about the faces?
Thanks for the info on SDs and TCs. Re: Runnyonion, I'm not normally easily offended but what he wrote just rubbed me wrong. Especially considering all the time and effort put in. It gave me the vibe he was pissed a Canadian was running the US support team. <Rolls Eyes> You want the keys go nuts. I got more than enough on my plate man.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:08 AM
suprvilce

Pulled a defenceman today with 4 stars, 6/6 and 259 OR, should be scouted in few days, hopefully he turns out well

Old
11-22-2012, 07:36 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
Pulled a defenceman today with 4 stars, 6/6 and 259 OR, should be scouted in few days, hopefully he turns out well
I swear they changed it so good players are more likely pulled at the end of the season...

Old
11-23-2012, 08:02 AM
tujague

Oh man. My soccer season is getting ****ed! My plan all along was to run both camps early. I left out enough starters to remain competitive. Then Ivan Hricek, one of my three starting dmen who I left out of camp for this specific purpose, got injured for 9 days. And now Colby Paquet picks up a red card in the game yesterday (lost 0-4). He's out for two games. That leaves me with one Dman and a bunch of scrub prospects who weren't good enough for camp!

I sure could use Matt Hernandez right now

Maybe I can buy a decent geezer for a few bucks...

Quote:
Thanks for the info on SDs and TCs. Re: Runnyonion, I'm not normally easily offended but what he wrote just rubbed me wrong. Especially considering all the time and effort put in. It gave me the vibe he was pissed a Canadian was running the US support team. <Rolls Eyes> You want the keys go nuts. I got more than enough on my plate man.
It was he buggy subs news where he whined. I'd ask how old he is, but These types of games seem to make a lot of normally sensible people into little babies.

Quote:
I swear they changed it so good players are more likely pulled at the end of the season...
You must just be talking about hockey. I pulled a four star player last night in soccer Unfortunately I forgot to put my youth training SDs in there so he only has 364 OR. And he's 5/6. That sucks. He might have been great. 19th AQ in US I.1.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:08 AM
canucks357

Quote:
You must just be talking about hockey. I pulled a four star player last night in soccer Unfortunately I forgot to put my youth training SDs in there so he only has 364 OR. And he's 5/6. That sucks. He might have been great. 19th AQ in US I.1.
No disrespect but don't you get enough good pulls? What the heck man!?!?!

Old
11-23-2012, 11:05 AM
tujague

Quote:
No disrespect but don't you get enough good pulls? What the heck man!?!?!
Oh come on now. It's been 71 days since my last good pull. Over two months ago.

Yeah. My soccer academy is bananas.

My defensive situation is much worse than I thought. I assumed I had 3-4 weak prospects to play on defense, but I have nothing. Definites are the one starter and the one decent prospect who has been playing already. The only other dman who is eligible to play on Sunday is the pull I just made with 60 defense. Bragg & Valina are going to have a field day for the Boilermakers. I'm not sure if I should give up and play on VL or bump up the intensity to try to get a point. I don't think it'll matter either way

Old
11-23-2012, 12:03 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Oh come on now. It's been 71 days since my last good pull. Over two months ago.

Yeah. My soccer academy is bananas.

My defensive situation is much worse than I thought. I assumed I had 3-4 weak prospects to play on defense, but I have nothing. Definites are the one starter and the one decent prospect who has been playing already. The only other dman who is eligible to play on Sunday is the pull I just made with 60 defense. Bragg & Valina are going to have a field day for the Boilermakers. I'm not sure if I should give up and play on VL or bump up the intensity to try to get a point. I don't think it'll matter either way
I can get you some solid soccer D. Got two great youngsters. They were 17 4/6 naturally but still train like a brute. Due to their C/L they'll be cheaper on the market for you *and* in all reality will train just as well as 5/6 guys.

Both universal CBs:
http://soccer.powerplaymanager.com/e...arence-holston
http://soccer.powerplaymanager.com/e...louie-albrecht

Old
11-24-2012, 03:55 AM
tujague

Quote:
I can get you some solid soccer D. Got two great youngsters. They were 17 4/6 naturally but still train like a brute. Due to their C/L they'll be cheaper on the market for you *and* in all reality will train just as well as 5/6 guys.

Both universal CBs:
http://soccer.powerplaymanager.com/e...arence-holston
http://soccer.powerplaymanager.com/e...louie-albrecht
Thanks, but it's too late. I need one or two dmen by Sunday. Camp ends on Monday. I'll just keep Blount, Carpenter and Racvolgyi out of the next one. I might keep McCready out as well. His suspension will be over by then.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:56 AM
suprvilce

If anyone is interested, I'll be putting him on the market later today.

Closed Thread