HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12'/13' Marlies Part I|12-8-0-1|Matt Frattin Appreciation Thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2012, 10:06 PM
  #801
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Now I hope kadri can keep this pace us.


it would be cool to score 2 points per game, but it wont happen, but ill be happy with a ppg or higher, that should be the goal

mikebel111 is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 10:08 PM
  #802
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
it would be cool to score 2 points per game, but it wont happen, but ill be happy with a ppg or higher, that should be the goal
Pretty much what I am hoping for. Consistent game, as well doing things right in the ice for other aspects just not scoring only. So when he hits the bigs, even if he isn't fully ready, he can show he's ready for the show, just need to get his feet more into the NHL game to succeed.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 11:27 AM
  #803
Cool Beans Man
Registered User
 
Cool Beans Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,628
vCash: 500
Komarov back to Russia:

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|TOR|home

Cool Beans Man is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 02:55 PM
  #804
Everlong
-
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,817
vCash: 500
Eakins angry with Stortini's "cowardly act":
Link: http://kylethereporter.com/2012/11/2...-cowardly-act/

Quote:
It seemed Stortini was responding to a hit Ryan threw on Frederic St. Denis moments earlier, however after he tossed Ryan to the ice he continued with eight punches to Ryan’s head as the Toronto forward ducked and covered.

Stortini received two for instigating, five for fighting, a 10-minute misconduct and a game misconduct while Ryan didn’t receive any penalty at all.

“That is about as cowardly of a play as you see,” said Eakins after the game. “The guy is down and you’re still punching him. I got no use for that. I thought the referee could have grabbed the guy’s arm. He was the closest guy, but it looked like he was waiting for the linesman.”

“It’s always interesting when you got a guy like Fraser out there and a guy like Stortini, not a lot of talk,” said Eakins. “Suddenly when he’s not on the ice a guy like Stortini has a whole lot to say.”

“Fraser is certainly a guy that I wouldn’t want to look dead in the eye for too long. I wouldn’t say he’s the sheriff but he can calm down unruly players.”
Don't let him get to ya Dallas. He's nothing but a scrub.


Last edited by Everlong: 11-20-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Everlong is online now  
Old
11-20-2012, 03:18 PM
  #805
Hawaiinleaf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Honolulu
Country: United States
Posts: 2,044
vCash: 500
Devane is one scary guy who might be the best fighter the Leafs have ever drafted and he can play. I am willing to bet he would have killed Storini

Hawaiinleaf is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 03:30 PM
  #806
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers
 
Drop The Mits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Eakins angry with Stortini's "cowardly act":
Link: http://kylethereporter.com/2012/11/2...-cowardly-act/



Don't let him get to ya Dallas. He's nothing but a scrub.
hahahaha eakins is calling out stortini for what weve all been saying for a looong time. dude is soft. when he does get into fights with the big boys he hugs them to death.

never thought fraser would be our tough guy though when we first got him.

Drop The Mits is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 03:56 PM
  #807
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,175
vCash: 500
Kenny Ryan blew that guy up cleanly.
I'm so sick and tired of goons, and this BS of jumping people after clean hits. Play hockey, or get off the ice.

Maybe you should think about slapping around your moron linemate for not keeping his head up, and in the game.

ErnieLeafs is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 04:17 PM
  #808
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers
 
Drop The Mits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Kenny Ryan blew that guy up cleanly.
I'm so sick and tired of goons, and this BS of jumping people after clean hits. Play hockey, or get off the ice.

Maybe you should think about slapping around your moron linemate for not keeping his head up, and in the game.
I understand challenging the person for a fight after a clean hit but pounding away on someone who is turtling is idiotic. Even taking a sucker punch at someone (ala Gleason on Kulemin) I understand, but once a man is down, he's down.

Emotion's run high and when you see your brother get blow up you want to do something to get that guy back. Theres not thinking about it, you either act on it or you don't.

Drop The Mits is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 04:50 PM
  #809
KlattNazty
Registered User
 
KlattNazty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
I understand challenging the person for a fight after a clean hit but pounding away on someone who is turtling is idiotic. Even taking a sucker punch at someone (ala Gleason on Kulemin) I understand, but once a man is down, he's down.

Emotion's run high and when you see your brother get blow up you want to do something to get that guy back. Theres not thinking about it, you either act on it or you don't.
This is why Devane has a role on this team. He can chuck knuckles like nobody's business but he is quite the competent hockey player too.

Skates, defends, can take faceoffs, and actually has a net presence and decent set of hands. Look at the amount of breakaways he gets too, he isnt totally inept.

Even if his offense doesnt translate, he will be an efficient 4th line defensive player IMO.

KlattNazty is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 05:16 PM
  #810
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
I understand challenging the person for a fight after a clean hit but pounding away on someone who is turtling is idiotic. Even taking a sucker punch at someone (ala Gleason on Kulemin) I understand, but once a man is down, he's down.

Emotion's run high and when you see your brother get blow up you want to do something to get that guy back. Theres not thinking about it, you either act on it or you don't.
There is no place in the game for that garbage. People are idiots.
I play hockey, and coach it as well.
Kids on my team who retaliate like that to a clean hit, head straight for the shower, and will most definitely be sitting the next game.

ErnieLeafs is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 08:24 PM
  #811
Dark Passenger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Kenny Ryan blew that guy up cleanly.
I'm so sick and tired of goons, and this BS of jumping people after clean hits. Play hockey, or get off the ice.

Maybe you should think about slapping around your moron linemate for not keeping his head up, and in the game.
When did it become the norm in the NHL and now the AHL, that you have to challenge a guy to fight after every big hit? Can understand it if its a dirty hit attempting to injure a team mate, but a clean hit??

Dark Passenger is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 08:25 PM
  #812
Dark Passenger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
This is why Devane has a role on this team. He can chuck knuckles like nobody's business but he is quite the competent hockey player too.

Skates, defends, can take faceoffs, and actually has a net presence and decent set of hands. Look at the amount of breakaways he gets too, he isnt totally inept.

Even if his offense doesnt translate, he will be an efficient 4th line defensive player IMO.
Where is Devane now? Didnt he get sent to the East Coast League?

Dark Passenger is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 08:29 PM
  #813
Hawaiinleaf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Honolulu
Country: United States
Posts: 2,044
vCash: 500
He is in the ECHL but i think Burke was quoted as saying if there is a season Devane will be bumped up to AHL to develop

Hawaiinleaf is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 04:59 AM
  #814
bonjovi0308
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to bonjovi0308
How have been the Marlies goalies been doing?

Sorry, didn't see much people discussing this. How have the Marlies goalies been doing this season? Thx!

bonjovi0308 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 05:32 AM
  #815
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers
 
Drop The Mits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
There is no place in the game for that garbage. People are idiots.
I play hockey, and coach it as well.
Kids on my team who retaliate like that to a clean hit, head straight for the shower, and will most definitely be sitting the next game.
And kids on my team would be congratulated for sticking up for their team mates and I'm sure the guy who stepped in would get a lot of props from the rest of his teammates for doing it too. It's not expected for anyone to do but I'm certainly not going to disapprove and suspend a kid a game for sticking up for his brothers... thats just a joke and further shows the way the game is moving...... soft

Drop The Mits is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 05:58 AM
  #816
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
And kids on my team would be congratulated for sticking up for their team mates and I'm sure the guy who stepped in would get a lot of props from the rest of his teammates for doing it too. It's not expected for anyone to do but I'm certainly not going to disapprove and suspend a kid a game for sticking up for his brothers... thats just a joke and further shows the way the game is moving...... soft
I was in the game when Kenny stood up for Acton. As soon as he came to the bench after what Stortini did, Eakins patted him and smacked him in the stomach so his approval, everyone in the bench was pleased with his action. After seeing what he's able to do, definitely have new found respect for ryan.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 10:22 AM
  #817
Ari91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Eakins is right, what Stortini did was cowardly. Nothing wrong with sticking up for your teamates but when a guy is down on the ice and in position where he can't even engage you in a fight, you either stop throwing punches or you help him back up so you can start punching him again. At least be a man about it and go toe to toe. Eakins should give Fraser just one shift with Stortini at the end of their next game against each other.

Leafs vs Habs rivalry has been watered down considerably however, it seems that the hostility and rivalry between their farm teams is alive and well.

Ari91 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 11:01 AM
  #818
Cappayne
Registered User
 
Cappayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,835
vCash: 500
I'm on the Marlies schedule website right now, http://www.marlies.ca/schedule/, and none of the upcoming games are scheduled to be televised, while a lot of the games already played have been on TV, and if not, radio. Since the lockout is persisting, can we expect more Marlies games to be picked up by Sportsnet as the days go on?

Cappayne is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 11:15 AM
  #819
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappayne View Post
I'm on the Marlies schedule website right now, http://www.marlies.ca/schedule/, and none of the upcoming games are scheduled to be televised, while a lot of the games already played have been on TV, and if not, radio. Since the lockout is persisting, can we expect more Marlies games to be picked up by Sportsnet as the days go on?
Don't know, majority of them can be viewed on AHL live.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 11:17 AM
  #820
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
And kids on my team would be congratulated for sticking up for their team mates and I'm sure the guy who stepped in would get a lot of props from the rest of his teammates for doing it too. It's not expected for anyone to do but I'm certainly not going to disapprove and suspend a kid a game for sticking up for his brothers... thats just a joke and further shows the way the game is moving...... soft
Not jumping a player after a clean hit is soft now? I'd argue that doing so is goonery. You don't beat the crap out of someone for playing by the rules. What you do is remember his number and hit him back twice as hard. Added bonus: no penalties. Be tough, but be smart about it; this isn't football.

7even is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 11:53 AM
  #821
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة
 
Bravid Nonahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: أور
Country: Syria
Posts: 10,403
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bravid Nonahan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Not jumping a player after a clean hit is soft now? I'd argue that doing so is goonery. You don't beat the crap out of someone for playing by the rules. What you do is remember his number and hit him back twice as hard. Added bonus: no penalties. Be tough, but be smart about it; this isn't football.
In football guys get wrecked all the time and you never see people get jumped for it.

Bravid Nonahan is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 01:07 PM
  #822
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
In football guys get wrecked all the time and you never see people get jumped for it.
They're also mindless gorillas, which was more of what I was getting at.

7even is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 01:16 PM
  #823
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers
 
Drop The Mits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Not jumping a player after a clean hit is soft now? I'd argue that doing so is goonery. You don't beat the crap out of someone for playing by the rules. What you do is remember his number and hit him back twice as hard. Added bonus: no penalties. Be tough, but be smart about it; this isn't football.
Your reading comprehension is lacking. I never said that. What is soft though is the mentality of punishing that kind of behaviour. Punishing (suspending?!?!) players because they stuck up for their teammate aka brother. THAT is soft. Would I tell kids to go out and start fights after clean hits? No, but if you actually read what I said I would congratulate them if they did and so would EVERY single one of their teammates. And if you don't agree with that then you've probably never played contact sports. The decision to start a scrap after a big hit isn't a well thought out one... you either you do it or you don't. It just happens. When you see your brother laying down you want to do something about it. It's easy to pick out what position/ how they played by how they post on this topic lol

Drop The Mits is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 01:21 PM
  #824
JVR2112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
Your reading comprehension is lacking. I never said that. What is soft though is the mentality of punishing that kind of behaviour. Punishing (suspending?!?!) players because they stuck up for their teammate aka brother. THAT is soft. Would I tell kids to go out and start fights after clean hits? No, but if you actually read what I said I would congratulate them if they did and so would EVERY single one of their teammates. And if you don't agree with that then you've probably never played contact sports. The decision to start a scrap after a big hit isn't a well thought out one... you either you do it or you don't. It just happens. When you see your brother laying down you want to do something about it. It's easy to pick out what position/ how they played by how they post on this topic lol
His reading is fine. You should be punished for what Stortini did. Like someone said earlier, find the guy on the ice and make a clean hit twice as hard.
Edit: You probably think what Bertuzzi did was great since he was sticking up for his teammate.

JVR2112 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 01:30 PM
  #825
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers
 
Drop The Mits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR2112 View Post
His reading is fine. You should be punished for what Stortini did. Like someone said earlier, find the guy on the ice and make a clean hit twice as hard.
Edit: You probably think what Bertuzzi did was great since he was sticking up for his teammate.
lmao pardon me?? I cannot understand the lack of reading comprehension going on here... I agreed that I don't advocate for players starting fights after clean hits but I'm not going to punish a player for doing it and I'll congratulate them for doing it. I'm not going to tell my players to do it but I won't forbid them for doing it either. I already said what Stortini did is out of line... I said if the player is willing to engage in the fight then its a go, if not then its a non-starter... You're ridiculous

Ya you're right bud Bertuzzi's punch was ****in beauttttty

Drop The Mits is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.