HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cbc

Old
05-23-2006, 08:22 PM
swinginutter*

vCash: 500
Cbc

I guess it stands for "Calgary Blows Cows"......

Watching the game on OLN and a fan down low sporting a classic rivalry sign. Key word being rivalry. Calgary has nothing to do with the series, but they're still getting ****.

To bad ABC isn't sporting the playoffs. I'd have a perfect sign for Anaheim!

swinginutter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 08:39 PM
swinginutter*

Perry is getting blasted all over the ice. Even when he tries to hit.

Very good game so far, though.

Last edited by swinginutter: 05-23-2006 at 08:59 PM.
swinginutter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 11:11 PM
ILuvLA

I missed the game - recap anyone?

I have a story for you concerning Canadians & hockey. I spoke with a Canadian today who HATES, and I mean HATES, hockey. He lives in Edmonton. Personally, I always thought it was a criminal offense if you didn't like hockey and were a Canadian citizen. Who knew???

I digress. Anyway, the person I was speaking with is the moving coordinator for a soon to be new tenant in one of my buildings. He's been flying to the States several times over the last few months. We had a meeting scheduled today and got wind that he would be unable to attend. He was unable to attend because when he got to the airport, US Customs denied access into the US because he's made too many trips in the last several months. I jokingly made a remark that he probably didn't want to travel to the US, but really wanted to stay in Edmonton to watch the Oil in the playoffs. He then stated that he hates hockey. Hates with a Capital H. My Construction PM (who is also a hockey fan, albeit a Leafs fan (no accounting for taste) and I looked at each other in total disbelief. It was pretty comical. Matt & I are going to send him a Kings jersey as "welcome" present.

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 12:12 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
I missed the game - recap anyone?

I have a story for you concerning Canadians & hockey. I spoke with a Canadian today who HATES, and I mean HATES, hockey. He lives in Edmonton. Personally, I always thought it was a criminal offense if you didn't like hockey and were a Canadian citizen. Who knew???

I digress. Anyway, the person I was speaking with is the moving coordinator for a soon to be new tenant in one of my buildings. He's been flying to the States several times over the last few months. We had a meeting scheduled today and got wind that he would be unable to attend. He was unable to attend because when he got to the airport, US Customs denied access into the US because he's made too many trips in the last several months. I jokingly made a remark that he probably didn't want to travel to the US, but really wanted to stay in Edmonton to watch the Oil in the playoffs. He then stated that he hates hockey. Hates with a Capital H. My Construction PM (who is also a hockey fan, albeit a Leafs fan (no accounting for taste) and I looked at each other in total disbelief. It was pretty comical. Matt & I are going to send him a Kings jersey as "welcome" present.
naw, just get him a 'What Would Avery Do" t-shirt.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 12:21 AM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears
naw, just get him a 'What Would Avery Do" t-shirt.
Actually, that's not a bad idea, but then again, aren't those collector's items by now?

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote