HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LD Morgan Rielly - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2012 Draft)

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2012, 05:08 PM
JVReemer

vCash: 100
[QUOTE=SmellOfVictory;55906345]Schultz did that all essentially without the help of those forwards. When he began leading the league in points, I don't think RNH or Eberle was even near a PPG pace, and Hall was still injured.

Also, to your second statement: none of those three forwards are going to be spending much, if any, time in the AHL. It's also incredibly unlikely that Toronto is going to get any of them. The team just isn't bad enough.[/QUOTE]

He was trying to highlight Schultz playing with the 3 first overall picks.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:59 PM
RogerRoeper*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
I've seen leafs fans say the same thing about Rielly
I don't think Rielly's hype is nearly as high.

With Hamilton, you have 29 fan bases going crazy with the thought of how great he can be and make the Kessel trade as bad as possible.

I've called Rielly a franchise D-Man-And I've been clear that I'm doing it because I believe by Hf's standards, he is due to the comments about Dougie Hamilton.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:29 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post

With Hamilton, you have 29 fan bases going crazy with the thought of how great he can be and make the Kessel trade as bad as possible.

I've called Rielly a franchise D-Man-And I've been clear that I'm doing it because I believe by Hf's standards, he is due to the comments about Dougie Hamilton.
You need to let that trade go man. It happened 3 years ago. Hamilton has done everything he possibly could to improve his stock since he was drafted. Maybe that is what the hype is about and not the fact that he was involved in a trade with Toronto.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Atomos2
BLUE NOISE

vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
For prospects I would say so, I am a Ice Dogs season ticket holder and have never heard anyone say that Hamilton will be a franchise player in the NHL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Voracek can play top six role but has a career high of 50 pts.

Hamilton is the best d prospect right now. So right now I think having a potential franchise d has more value than an above average winger on potential alone. In the future assuming normal progession Hamilton will have much more vlaue
There are more, but I just came across this one recently.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:34 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMovin View Post
You need to let that trade go man. It happened 3 years ago. Hamilton has done everything he possibly could to improve his stock since he was drafted. Maybe that is what the hype is about and not the fact that he was involved in a trade with Toronto.
Nope. The trade adds to it a lot.

And I let the trade go a long time ago.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:35 PM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMovin View Post
I don't think his comment was a defense of any sort. He's just pointing out the hype for Hamilton (which is huge) and the tendency for some members to always point out that aforementioned trade when that hype is mentioned.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:47 AM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

With Murray's injury:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Ryan Murray was penciled in beside Dougie Hamilton on (lockout) Team Canada top D pair. I'd now pencil in Morgan Rielly for that spot.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:42 AM
romao

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVReemer View Post
He was trying to highlight Schultz playing with the 3 first overall picks.
In fact, only 2 first overall. Yakupov isn't playing in AHL.

Old
11-21-2012, 09:46 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
With Murray's injury:

Ryan Murray was penciled in beside Dougie Hamilton on (lockout) Team Canada top D pair. I'd now pencil in Morgan Rielly for that spot.
McKenzie is really drunk on the Rielly cool-aid lately, but that's probably what I'd do.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
McKenzie is really drunk on the Rielly cool-aid lately, but that's probably what I'd do.
The hate never ends with some people.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة

Send a message via AIM to Bravid Nonahan
It's not koolaid, it's realizing that Rielly is pretty damn good

Old
11-21-2012, 12:00 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

It must be koolaid when it comes to a Leaf prospect

Old
11-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Sundinisagod
next great swede

Quote:

Please, enlighten us...

I could use a good laugh right now.

Old
11-21-2012, 12:38 PM
MapleLeafsFan4Ever
Go Leafs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post

Using an example from the Kessel trade the first which was mentioned by TSN after Hamilton was drafted in 2011, was that he is the final player involved in the Phil Kessel trade.

I just hope that sometime next year Morgan Rielly gets all the same hype Dougie Hamilton has been getting, because he's played very well this season for Moose Jaw and if has a great World Juniors that can only make him a better prospect.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:08 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
The hate never ends with some people.
Oh please, show me where it is I hated on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
Please, enlighten us...
Enlighten you on what? Hockey? I really don't understand this question, I didn't make any bold claim where I should have to explain myself.

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 11-21-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old
11-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Using an example from the Kessel trade the first which was mentioned by TSN after Hamilton was drafted in 2011, was that he is the final player involved in the Phil Kessel trade.

I just hope that sometime next year Morgan Rielly gets all the same hype Dougie Hamilton has been getting, because he's played very well this season for Moose Jaw and if has a great World Juniors that can only make him a better prospect.
It'd never happen, every prospect we trade is the best prospect to ever play, but the ones we keep...we're just drunk on kool-aid. As Leaf fans we will never win with some people. It's just impossible for some people to give proper due to a great Leaf prospect.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
It'd never happen, every prospect we trade is the best prospect to ever play, but the ones we keep...we're just drunk on kool-aid. As Leaf fans we will never win with some people. It's just impossible for some people to give proper due to a great Leaf prospect.
No one has denied that Rielly is a great prospect. The options are not "Greatest thing since sliced bread." and "Crap."

Old
11-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:
Oh please, show me where it is I hated on him.

Enlighten you on what? Hockey? I really don't understand this question, I didn't make any bold claim where I should have to explain myself.
I think the koolaid remark could stand a little explanation.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
What a coincidence huh? This all right after he saw Rielly play for the first time.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:47 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
I think the koolaid remark could stand a little explanation.
Have you been following McKenzie lately, I don't mean on twitter. Anyways this is kind of hilarious how an observation about and TV hockey analysts tendencies towards said prospect has people so up in arms about him.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:58 PM
puckfan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
What a coincidence huh? This all right after he saw Rielly play for the first time.
I think he saw Rielly in the summer as well..

Old
11-21-2012, 03:20 PM
bsmith14

Quote:
Maybe because he has reason to be? Rielly is Canada's best defenceman behind Hamilton in my opinion, and apparently the opinion of Bob MacKenzie. Nothing strange about that..
Im drunk off the Rielly kool-aid too! And I hope Hockey Canada is as well haha. But seriously, I have seen Rielly play live 4-5 times and every time I have been very impressed.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:27 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
With Murray's injury:

Anybody you pair with Rielly isn't gonna be able to focus at all on their own offensive game because they have to cover Rielly's balls to wall all out offensive play and the blunders that come with it. Don't know why you'd handicap Dougie like that and turn him into a purely defensive player even strength. Harrington or someone like Percy if he makes it would be better partners for Rielly IMO. Losing Murray really hurts because that would have been a perfect top pair with Hamilton. Maybe Ouellet-Hamilton works as the top pair.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:40 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Anybody you pair with Rielly isn't gonna be able to focus at all on their own offensive game because they have to cover Rielly's balls to wall all out offensive play and the blunders that come with it. Don't know why you'd handicap Dougie like that and turn him into a purely defensive player even strength. Harrington or someone like Percy if he makes it would be better partners for Rielly IMO. Losing Murray really hurts because that would have been a perfect top pair with Hamilton. Maybe Ouellet-Hamilton works as the top pair.
Rielly could play top pairing for sure, and I agree Harrington will need to be his partner after watching Riellys gaffs at the SSS

Old
11-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Leafidelity
Registered Leafs Fan

vCash: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Better off moving Hamilton with someone a bit slower paced. Rielly plays too fast a game for him to register, which is why you saw Hamilton delivering pizzas up the middle in the summer.

Closed Thread