HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-SJS

Old
11-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Hockey 4 Life

vCash: 500
Tor-SJS

The sharks have very solid center depth where as the Leafs are strong on the wing, I think this deal could make sense.

To

SJS
Lupul
Bozak/macarthur
Colborne/Ashton/Percy/Blacker
2014 1st

Toronto
Ryan clowe
Joe pavelski

This deal only works if a contract extension can be negotiated with Lupul prior to the deal. Let me know what both fan bases think?

Hockey 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

If the Sharks are trading two legit top-6 players, they should be getting at least two back, I think.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:31 PM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
If the Sharks are trading two legit top-6 players, they should be getting at least two back, I think.
both Mac and Lupul are top 6 forwards. But SJ still says no. Im pretty sure Pavelski is their golden boy

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
They are, Macarthur, bozak, and Lupul are all top 6 forwards with the first two being on the borderline but should put up the same numbers as clowe and provide speed which the sharks need.

Old
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
The sharks have very solid center depth where as the Leafs are strong on the wing, I think this deal could make sense.

To

SJS
Lupul
Bozak/macarthur
2014 1st

Toronto
Ryan clowe
Joe pavelski

This deal only works if a contract extension can be negotiated with Lupul prior to the deal. Let me know what both fan bases think?
No thanks.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

I don't think 1 good season brings Lupul's value up that much. He will need to show that last season is what you are to expect of him moving forward. In order to do that, he needs another repeat season like the last.

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
I don't think 1 good season brings Lupul's value up that much. He will need to show that last season is what you are to expect of him moving forward. In order to do that, he needs another repeat season like the last.
That makes sense from a sharks perspective.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
They are, Macarthur, bozak, and Lupul are all top 6 forwards with the first two being on the borderline but should put up the same numbers as clowe and provide speed which the sharks need.
Bozak is a 3rd liner IMO. Only played in the top 6 for TML since they had no other centers.

The offer i would want would be Lupul, Bozak, Colborne and the 1st 2014. Still don't think I'd do it though.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:44 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
Go Leafs Go

Quote:

To

SJS
Lupul
Bozak/macarthur
2014 1st

Toronto
Ryan clowe
Joe pavelski

That's a major overpayment from Toronto.

Plus why should the deal only work if Lupul could work out a contract extension? Since Ryan Clowe is also going to be a UFA shouldn't Toronto say he needs also work one out with them?

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 03:36 PM
cashman rules*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post

Plus why should the deal only work if Lupul could work out a contract extension? Since Ryan Clowe is also going to be a UFA shouldn't Toronto say he needs also work one out with them?
Sharks hang up

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 03:47 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post

Not an overpayment at all.

The offense we lose in Lupul and MacArthur are easily gained (plus more) by Pavelski and Clowe. Then we lose Bozak who's a third line center that can be replaced and Colborne who in my opinion, is going to bust pretty damn hard.

This makes SJ a considerably worse team, no way the Sharks even consider this at all.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:26 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

This doesn't make sense from our POV. We give up the two best players in the deal, both of whom play in our position of weakness (wing). Why would we further downgrade our top 6 wingers for picks/prospects?

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

No from leafs. Lupul = Pavelski (assuming Lupul repeats). Clowe =< MacArthur + Bozak

And we are giving up a potential top 5-10 pick if we don't improve

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
This doesn't make sense from our POV. We give up the two best players in the deal, both of whom play in our position of weakness (wing). Why would we further downgrade our top 6 wingers for picks/prospects?
Clowe being better than Lupul is laughable.

Old
11-21-2012, 04:33 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
No from leafs. Lupul = Pavelski (assuming Lupul repeats). Clowe =< MacArthur + Bozak

And we are giving up a potential top 5-10 pick if we don't improve
In what universe are Bozak or MacArthur even close to being worth Clowe, let alone both of them being better than Clowe?

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Arrch

Quote:
Clowe being better than Lupul is laughable.
So is Lupul being as good as Pavelski.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:42 PM
birddog*

Quote:

To

SJS
Lupul
Bozak/macarthur
2014 1st

Toronto
Ryan clowe
Joe pavelski

Lupul is the best player in the deal and the 2014 first might not be far behind. Clowe is 30, a UFA not much value there. Pavelski is a small number 2 not the number on eToronto needs.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
In what universe are Bozak or MacArthur even close to being worth Clowe, let alone both of them being better than Clowe?
I guess you haven't seen the endless MacArthur + pick/prospect for Clowe proposals that are on these boards almost every day? Some of which SJ fan agree to because they need to gain speed, which Clowe lacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
So is Lupul being as good as Pavelski.
Lupul is a PPG player for the leafs. You think Pavelski will be a PPG player for the leafs if we got him?

Old
11-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Sharks4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
Quote:
That makes sense from a sharks perspective.
This makes sense from a hockey perspective, and not just the sharks. No thanks a million times over and /thread.

Sharks4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Sharks4Life

Quote:
I guess you haven't seen the endless MacArthur + pick/prospect for Clowe proposals that are on these boards almost every day? Some of which SJ fan agree to because they need to gain speed, which Clowe lacks
Pretty much the reason we would trade him, doesn't mean he doesn't hold more value to us than what you are offering.

Quote:
Lupul is a PPG player for the leafs. You think Pavelski will be a PPG player for the leafs if we got him?
Once again its already been stated in this thread that more than one season would be needed by MOST OF THE NHL to qualify that thats what Lupul really is.

Sharks4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Whydidijoin*

Lol, no from the Leafs.

All things considered, in a vacuum, Lupul and Pavelski are pretty much equal. Only problem is, Pavelski is not a #1 center, so we would be trading a 1st-line LW for a 2nd-line C/RW that we don't really need.

So probably wouldn't even do that to start with, but now comes the real problem with the trade.

Clowe is not worth anything close to Bozak/Macarthur + 1st (which could be anywhere from 1-30) + a higher-end prospect.

Clowe is worth more like Macarthur on his own. 50-ish point, 20-ish goal 2nd-liners who can hit 60 with good teammates (or in Clowe's case, very good teammates). Both have the 1 year left on their contract. Macarthur has speed and youth (and frankly, better playmaking ability), Clowe has grit.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 07:29 PM
AbsolonMoreau*

And Leafs fans wonder why they are routinely looked down upon on the trade forum. In no way is Lupul better than Pavelski basing it on just one season. Pavelski is a much better defensive player, can play center or wing. Then to say that Clowe isn't worth either of the players is straight absurd, the Sharks are giving up the two best players in this deal.

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 07:43 PM
glenbuis

As a habs fan and not big on the leafs, I think San Jose has to seriously consider a future rebuilding and that 2014 1st could definitely be a lottery pick. Make it a 2013 first and a chance at MacKinnon and the rebuild is on. Coutore and Mackinnon as 1 and 1a. ummmmm

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks4Life View Post
Once again its already been stated in this thread that more than one season would be needed by MOST OF THE NHL to qualify that thats what Lupul really is.
Fair enough, but Leafs wouldn't trade Lupul if he was regarded with less value than he has to us. He was an AllStar this year, and there is no reason for him to not resort back to that state next year. If anything his point totals should increase once the leafs get a legit top C. As you can tell, I definitely do not believe it was "fluke", but then again we all saw what happened to Kule last year so who knows. (He'll rebound IMO though)

I don't see how this improves the leafs, we lose our top LW/AllStar. Also, trading that '14 pick is EXTREMELY risky... If we don't improve that pick could be top 5/10, in a very good draft by the looks of it.

Tbh I don't see either side doing this, but I can say with confidence that the Leafs wouldn't, maybe if the 1st is dropped I would probably do it.

Old
11-21-2012, 08:45 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau View Post
And Leafs fans wonder why they are routinely looked down upon on the trade forum. In no way is Lupul better than Pavelski basing it on just one season. Pavelski is a much better defensive player, can play center or wing. Then to say that Clowe isn't worth either of the players is straight absurd, the Sharks are giving up the two best players in this deal.
I'll agree with you there; Lupul had a great season, but so did Marek Svatos, Nik Kulemin, etc. If he repeats his PPG season next year, you'll be looking at quite a bit more than Pavelski coming, though. So I guess that's where the gamble comes in.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote