HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

WBS Penguins Hockey PART II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-20-2012, 02:23 PM
  #176
MonsterSurge
Registered User
 
MonsterSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Bennett: surprising to me they don't put him on a line with Tango since they play opposite wing. Could make a nice "power line" to boost scoring some. Certainly couldn't hurt.

Uher: I am looking forward to seeing this guy. Basically a better version of Talbot sounds like, with more edge?

Can you imagine the power of Jeffrey - Uher - Vitale? Teams will tremble at the onslaught of energy and gritty skills. And any of those three can play C when needed / take draws. Formidable 4th Line Power Even some scoring punch with Jeffrey.
Throw Veilleux in there and we're talking. They can stir crap up, but they would get murdered.

MonsterSurge is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 07:08 PM
  #177
Sivek
Registered User
 
Sivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
ugh, hope the recent practice lines aren't the lines for game

those interested:

Tangradi-Smith-Dupuis
Bennett-Peters-Thompson
Holzapfel-Megna-Ferriero
Farnham-Veilleux-MacIntyre

Gibbons-Uher-Kuhnhackl

Don't get Uher not playing or Kuhn being demoted after playing well just so the scrub vets can get their minutes. If Kuhn is scratched again or relegated to the 4th line, just send him to Wheeling. Feel like I'm beating a dead horse but he's basically the getting the WBS version of how the parent club has handled Tangradi.

Kuhn needs to play more than anything, it's going to hinder his development to have back-to-back seasons of not playing a full schedule with important minutes.

Sivek is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 07:49 PM
  #178
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes
 
Randy Butternubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,626
vCash: 500
I can see why those players are on the "5th" line for tomorrow though. Isn't there a Hershey rematch?

Gibbons is small and was recently banged up. Uher, I think, really doesn't fight and is a rookie. Kuhnhackl isn't overly physical and is also a rookie.

Farnham will fight a giant. Veillieux will fight anyone. MacIntyre will destroy almost anyone. And they're mostly "vets". Looks like the WBS Pens will be out for revenge and blood tomorrow.

Just what I think though.

Randy Butternubs is online now  
Old
11-20-2012, 07:57 PM
  #179
MonsterSurge
Registered User
 
MonsterSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunitz View Post
I can see why those players are on the "5th" line for tomorrow though. Isn't there a Hershey rematch?

Gibbons is small and was recently banged up. Uher, I think, really doesn't fight and is a rookie. Kuhnhackl isn't overly physical and is also a rookie.

Farnham will fight a giant. Veillieux will fight anyone. MacIntyre will destroy almost anyone. And they're mostly "vets". Looks like the WBS Pens will be out for revenge and blood tomorrow.

Just what I think though.
Uher has 18 career fights. He has even fought Morrow.

Edit: Tomorrow should be fun.

MonsterSurge is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 08:02 PM
  #180
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes
 
Randy Butternubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
Uher has 18 career fights. He has even fought Morrow.

Edit: Tomorrow should be fun.
Touche. I knew he was physical but wasn't sure about the fighting aspect.

I do remember he boarded the **** out of Ruopp in prospect camp this summer though.

Randy Butternubs is online now  
Old
11-20-2012, 09:50 PM
  #181
penguins2946*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunitz View Post
I can see why those players are on the "5th" line for tomorrow though. Isn't there a Hershey rematch?

Gibbons is small and was recently banged up. Uher, I think, really doesn't fight and is a rookie. Kuhnhackl isn't overly physical and is also a rookie.

Farnham will fight a giant. Veillieux will fight anyone. MacIntyre will destroy almost anyone. And they're mostly "vets". Looks like the WBS Pens will be out for revenge and blood tomorrow.

Just what I think though.
Not overly physical, you say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdeavA4g1X0

or even this even though he lost http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibpl4IYfeAU

penguins2946* is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 09:59 PM
  #182
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes
 
Randy Butternubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
Not overly physical, you say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdeavA4g1X0
Since this hit, yes, he has absolutely not been overly physical. That suspension and knee injury has done a number on him.

I've seen him play in person and on TV since this hit and he has become very timid.

Randy Butternubs is online now  
Old
11-20-2012, 11:43 PM
  #183
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,232
vCash: 500
Yeah, that hit changed Kuhnhackl.

JTG is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 12:28 AM
  #184
MonsterSurge
Registered User
 
MonsterSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunitz View Post
Touche. I knew he was physical but wasn't sure about the fighting aspect.

I do remember he boarded the **** out of Ruopp in prospect camp this summer though.
I was hoping Ruopp was going to get up and drop the gloves.

MonsterSurge is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 07:28 AM
  #185
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
ugh, hope the recent practice lines aren't the lines for game

those interested:

Tangradi-Smith-Dupuis
Bennett-Peters-Thompson
Holzapfel-Megna-Ferriero
Farnham-Veilleux-MacIntyre

Gibbons-Uher-Kuhnhackl

Don't get Uher not playing or Kuhn being demoted after playing well just so the scrub vets can get their minutes. If Kuhn is scratched again or relegated to the 4th line, just send him to Wheeling. Feel like I'm beating a dead horse but he's basically the getting the WBS version of how the parent club has handled Tangradi.

Kuhn needs to play more than anything, it's going to hinder his development to have back-to-back seasons of not playing a full schedule with important minutes.
Yeah I don't understand too. We should be scratching Farnham and Megna.

MichiganWolverines is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 07:38 AM
  #186
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
I was hoping Ruopp was going to get up and drop the gloves.
I wouldn't want to see that.

Tom Kuhnhackl can't and shouldn't fight.


MichiganWolverines is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 09:28 AM
  #187
deakka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 500
My girlfriend only wanna watch the game with me if i can promise her there will be fighting.... But carrying over from the last game there has to be at lest one fight, right?

deakka is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 09:49 AM
  #188
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deakka View Post
My girlfriend only wanna watch the game with me if i can promise her there will be fighting.... But carrying over from the last game there has to be at lest one fight, right?
There's a good chance that Steve MacIntyre will fight Matt Clarkson for what he did to Joe Morrow. I'm sure Bobby Farnham will fight Steve Oleksy again.

MichiganWolverines is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 10:15 AM
  #189
deakka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 500
Bic-Mac will try for sure. Im not confident Clarkson will accept tho. Ive seen this charade before Almost no one fights Mcintyre anymore

deakka is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 01:37 PM
  #190
MonsterSurge
Registered User
 
MonsterSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deakka View Post
Bic-Mac will try for sure. Im not confident Clarkson will accept tho. Ive seen this charade before Almost no one fights Mcintyre anymore
MacIntyre will jump people.



Skip to 1:00

MonsterSurge is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 01:38 PM
  #191
MonsterSurge
Registered User
 
MonsterSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deakka View Post
Bic-Mac will try for sure. Im not confident Clarkson will accept tho. Ive seen this charade before Almost no one fights Mcintyre anymore
It's Clackson, by the way!

MonsterSurge is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 04:04 PM
  #192
Tafkak
Registered User
 
Tafkak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Saginaw, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,407
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Tafkak
I haven't followed this thread, or much of the Baby Pens this season, but this popped up on my Twitter a few minutes ago...

Hynes Denies Bounty

Tafkak is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 04:11 PM
  #193
MonsterSurge
Registered User
 
MonsterSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
I love hockey! MacIntyre should go with Oleksy and Clackson at the same time.

MonsterSurge is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 06:03 PM
  #194
penguins2946*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
Dumoulin, who is our best D, is scratched tonight. WHY?

penguins2946* is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 06:16 PM
  #195
gdsmack267
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,043
vCash: 500
The audio for the feed is so obnoxious. Sounds like both broadcasts overlapping each other

gdsmack267 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 06:17 PM
  #196
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
3, 2, 1...Blast Off!
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 40,239
vCash: 500
Damn, Tangradi got hit in the mush by a Grant slapper.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 06:27 PM
  #197
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 20,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafkak View Post
I haven't followed this thread, or much of the Baby Pens this season, but this popped up on my Twitter a few minutes ago...

Hynes Denies Bounty
Talk about a poverty bounty.

wej20 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 06:29 PM
  #198
deakka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 500
Despres are looking worse and worse by each game

deakka is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 06:35 PM
  #199
MrBurgundy
Dan was a bad choice
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 15,858
vCash: 500
Zatkoff looks really good.

MrBurgundy is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 06:35 PM
  #200
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
3, 2, 1...Blast Off!
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 40,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deakka View Post
Despres are looking worse and worse by each game
WBS on the whole looks pretty ****ing sloppy.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.