HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Some trade proposals of mine

Old
11-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Nyquist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Well, I really SHOULD reconsider what I'm saying and stop arguing with hardcore wings fans. After all, they did sign Suter and Parise* so they are going to be at the top of the league yet again!

*I was told it was a lock back in June, so I didn't bother to check whether it actually happened or not.
Not everyone said that. Don't generalize us all.

Nyquist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
Not everyone said that. Don't generalize us all.
Aw c'mon!

You don't let me have any fun!

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Smith is a year younger than EJ and hasn't even played 5% of the NHL games EJ has. The downgrade from EJ to Smith isn't even close to being made up for by Nyquist, a young player with nothing but potential who may or may not end up more useful than any number of Avs prospects and certainly not worth losing EJ to acquire and roll the dice on. He would be hard pressed to earn NHL icetime on our team, let alone make even 10% of the impact EJ currently has for our team.

You wouldn't get EJ if you offered Kronwall + Nyquist.

Teams do not trade #1 defenders for a bunch of hopes and dreams, especially when they are severely deficient as it is in the top end defender department.

Anyone in this thread even attempting to make a serious argument over EJ's supposed lower value than that package needs to have a reality check and wonder how attached they are to their prospects or how little they have seen him play. Stats do not tell the whole story, while it may be too late to prevent the statwatchers from coming out, it will literally make no difference the amount of stats brought up.

Avs would be committing franchise suicide to move EJ right now, especially after he signed such a steal of a contract.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post

EDM-WSH

EDM:Yakupov

WSH:Johansson,Kundratek,Wilson,1st

Yakupov is going to be a very consistent and incredible player in the NHL. I don't believe the Oilers have a spot for him on the first line. EDM needs a 2nd line center and Johansson is perfect for that, as well as adding 2 very good prospects, especially Wilson for grit and toughness. The 1st rounder won't be too much of a loss considering it will be late probably. I don't think the caps overpay because if we got Yakupov he would be amazing alongside ovi and backstrom on the first line right wing. Washington seems to really like russians so i could see this happening.

Leave some feedback and maybe add something of your own to make these even, Thanks.
Johansson seems to be the swedish version of Sam Gagner. They are similar in size and skill. At this point Johansson hasn't surpassed Gagner so I don't see the Oil biting on that.

Now if Washington offered Carlson, Wilson for Yakupov....

Just imagine him and Ovi and the pain of losing Carlson wouldn't hurt as much.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 03:28 PM
InjuredChoker

So Avs fans say; no deal. Wings fans say; no deal.

And now Avs and Wings are arguing who says 'no deal' faster and with louder voice?

Clearly Adrian Dater was wrong. The rivalry is still alive.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Nyquist is a Red Wings prospect which means plus 50 prospect points.
I thought putting up the same amount of points in the AHL as Eberle did that... My mistake.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:14 PM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
So Avs fans say; no deal. Wings fans say; no deal.

And now Avs and Wings are arguing who says 'no deal' faster and with louder voice?

Clearly Adrian Dater was wrong. The rivalry is still alive.
And that would be the first time he's ever been wrong...

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:15 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
I thought putting up the same amount of points in the AHL as Eberle did that... My mistake.
Well, if that ever happens, I guess we'll find out...

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:20 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
And that would be the first time he's ever been wrong...
Must be, the man himself promotes reliable journalism or something like that, eh?

Old
11-21-2012, 04:22 PM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
TJ Hensick has the same number of points too. I guess he's going to be a superstar in the NHL too. Wish the Avs had kept him...

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:23 PM
InjuredChoker

Come on Nyquist is trying to prove himself, Eberle is already NHL star who doesn't give a flying **** about ALH (or whatever the league name is). As Smith was when the season started.

And he's got 6 mil contract waiting for him for 6 years, I think.

Old
11-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
TJ Hensick has the same number of points too. I guess he's going to be a superstar in the NHL too. Wish the Avs had kept him...

If Hensick plays the way Nyquist did in his NHL stint, probably.

Perhaps you should actually watch before making foolish criticisms.

Old
11-21-2012, 05:18 PM
cgf

Quote:
He's still barely doing more than AHL rookie and Avs prospect Mike Sgarbossa. And thus doesn't come even close to replacing the massive difference between EJ and Smith. Not even getting how much the Avs need EJ more than they do more prospects.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
He's still barely doing more than AHL rookie and Avs prospect Mike Sgarbossa. And thus doesn't come even close to replacing the massive difference between EJ and Smith. Not even getting how much the Avs need EJ more than they do more prospects.
I wasn't aware a 1.13 PPG average was "barely doing more" than a 0.81 PPG average.

Lordy by that logic Steven Stamkos was barely doing more than Filppula last year...

Old
11-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
I wasn't aware a 1.13 PPG average was "barely doing more" than a 0.81 PPG average.

Lordy by that logic Steven Stamkos was barely doing more than Filppula last year...
Clearly there are ZERO differences between a 23 year old and a 20 year old, first year pro.

None.

Old
11-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Clearly there are ZERO differences between a 23 year old and a 20 year old, first year pro.

None.
Indeed there are differences.

Nyquist is better.

Old
11-21-2012, 06:44 PM
avsfansince95

Quote:
I like that people don't think Detroit and the Avs would trade with each other. Not in the same division and like it or not the rivalry is dead. Quincey went three ways more because Detroit didn't have what Colorado wanted.
it wasn't a 3 way trade...it was two trades there's a difference. He was traded to Tampa and then moved so both teams weren't apart of the same trade.

avsfansince95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfansince95 View Post
it wasn't a 3 way trade...it was two trades there's a difference. He was traded to Tampa and then moved so both teams weren't apart of the same trade.
Thanks for clearing up what everybody else already understood.

Old
11-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Indeed there are differences.

Nyquist is better.
To be honest, I haven't been as hyped up about a prospect as Nyquil, since Fabian Brunnstrom scored those three goals for Dallas to start his career!!!

Old
11-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
To be honest, I haven't been as hyped up about a prospect as Nyquil, since Fabian Brunnstrom scored those three goals for Dallas to start his career!!!
Well let's see here:

Brunnstrom's AHL career: 126 GP, 28G, 47A, 75P.

Nyquist's AHL career: 79 GP, 31G, 48A, 79P.

Yep, they're definitely close.

But maybe next you can talk about Cheechoo's career and how Neal will follow in his footsteps.

Old
11-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Well let's see here:

Brunnstrom's AHL career: 126 GP, 28G, 47A, 75P.

Nyquist's AHL career: 79 GP, 31G, 48A, 79P.

Yep, they're definitely close.

But maybe next you can talk about Cheechoo's career and how Neal will follow in his footsteps.
Actually, I was going to say that the Avs should trade Hishon + 4th rounder for Datsyuk but then I remembered that Hishon is already going to be better than Datsyuk in a couple of years anyways, so I'm not gonna bother.

Old
11-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Actually, I was going to say that the Avs should trade Hishon + 4th rounder for Datsyuk but then I remembered that Hishon is already going to be better than Datsyuk in a couple of years anyways, so I'm not gonna bother.
Unfortunately I have none of Datsyuk's AHL stats to go off.

Old
11-21-2012, 08:06 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
I figured i'd put a couple trade proposals on here and get some feedback to better understand the value of some of these players and the needs of the teams. I am a 3rd party because i'm not really a big fan of any of these teams, except washington, and i think i got the value pretty close on some of these.

SJS-PHX

SJS:Couture

PHX:Yandle,Boedker,2nd

If i'm not mistaken the sharks need speed in their top 6 and it wouldn't hurt to add a young and very impressive d-man. IMO the 2nd rounder evens up the value. Pheonix obviously needs a top line center, but i believe the loss of Yandle wouldn't be a disaster given their great depth of defensive prospects.

Not bad proposal, but I doubt Sharks fans will give up Couture unless OEL is involved.

DET-COL

DET:Smith,Nyquist,3rd

COL:Johnson

Detroit needs a young franchise top line D-man and Johnson, the former first overall pick, with a change of scenery and a better team could be that guy. Colorado gains impressive prospects and a 3rd to even the value IMO.

Colorado gets robbed here, he's shown good strides of becoming a very good defensemen.

NYR-CAR

NYR:M.Staal

CAR:Faulk,Jokinen,Dalpe

Obviously this is to get all of the Staal brothers together on one team. If you think this is overpayment by Carolina, well they probably would have to overpay if they really wanted to get him from NYR. Carolina could use some help defensively and Marc Staal is that help. They lose two great prospects and a good forward. This adds depth at forward for NYR and on defense with Faulk.

I'm not familar with Carolina prospects/players but i'd think the Rangers would keep Staal.

MTL-TOR

MTL-Plekanec

TOR:Kulemin,Gunnarson,Colborne

Toronto gets a number one center at the price of some easily replaceable players. Mtl gets help on the wing and on defense. Colborne is a pretty good prospect, as well.

No way from Montreal. Why would they trade a great 2 way center for espically what you say are" easily replaceable players"?

EDM-WSH

EDM:Yakupov

WSH:Johansson,Kundratek,Wilson,1st

Yakupov is going to be a very consistent and incredible player in the NHL. I don't believe the Oilers have a spot for him on the first line. EDM needs a 2nd line center and Johansson is perfect for that, as well as adding 2 very good prospects, especially Wilson for grit and toughness. The 1st rounder won't be too much of a loss considering it will be late probably. I don't think the caps overpay because if we got Yakupov he would be amazing alongside ovi and backstrom on the first line right wing. Washington seems to really like russians so i could see this happening.

No way Edmonton would do that. You'd have to add Alzner+ for him.

Leave some feedback and maybe add something of your own to make these even, Thanks.
Good proposals overall though.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Calirose

Quote:

SJS-PHX

SJS:Couture

PHX:Yandle,Boedker,2nd
Umm I am stunned that I am the first person (at least on the first couple pages) that thinks Pheonix is getting robbed. Anyone who saw more than a couple PHX games last year know how much of a stud (although piece of human garbage) Yandle is. He is EVERYWHERE on the ice. I would say Yandle for Couture straight up would be something Don Moloney should and would think about for a while before thinking about pulling the trigger. Especially considering how much rarer a d-man like Yandle is vis a vis a forward like logie.

Calirose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 08:15 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
I was also about to propose Barrie for Smith, but then I looked up their stats and realized Barrie is actually better.

Tyson Barrie stats:

AHL: 2012/13
16 games, 12 points.

2011/12
49 games, 32 points

Brendan Smith stats:

AHL: 2012/13
14 games, 9 points

2011/12
57 games, 34 points.

Obviously Smith also has 7 points in 14 games in the NHL, but Barrie is two years younger. Next year I could easily see Barrie surpassing that. In his first AHL season Barrie managed 32 points in 49 games...Smith only got 32 in 63...and Smith was even a year older than Barrie when he entered the AHL. Hmm, now that I think about it, we might have a future star in Barrie. In two years he'll probably be better than EJ. We don't even need Smith. We already have someone just as good.

Don't you love stats.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote