HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton @ St.John's | 6pm est

Old
11-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

vCash: 500
Desjardins is an NHL caliber goalie. If he plays, they have a chance to go deep in the playoffs.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 07:25 PM
DAChampion

Hamilton defeats St-John's 2-1.

Detailed box score here:
http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1010094

Hamilton goals:
2. HAM Blunden, (3) (Gallagher), 12:39
2. HAM Quailer, (2) (Ellis, Beaulieu), 19:36

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 07:27 PM
S Bah

Really nice seeing Beaulieu out in the last minute of a close game like this and breaking up that play.Good to see Quailer get his 1st GWG as a pro and the checking game he's got is tenacious to put it mildly.Good game all round for the Bulldogs IMO.

S Bah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 07:30 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Very nice bounce back game for Beaulieu. Leblanc is such a smart player, you can tell he's played a ton in the NHL already. Gallagher looking good again, as did Holland.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 07:31 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
Very nice bounce back game for Beaulieu. Leblanc is such a smart player, you can tell he's played a ton in the NHL already. Gallagher looking good again, as did Holland.
I thought Leblanc looked particularly quick despite the high ankle sprain he's getting over.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
You could also tell his hands are very good for this level. He didn't do anything amazing but you could see it in how he consistently won puck battles with his stick.

It would be nice if they finally give him a significant role on the powerplay.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
You could also tell his hands are very good for this level. He didn't do anything amazing but you could see it in how he consistently won puck battles with his stick.

It would be nice if they finally give him a significant role on the powerplay.
You mean Leblanc? (that post brings up 4 players...) He was on the 1st PP unit on at least 1 of the 2 PP's they got tonight. Pretty sure of it.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 08:00 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I thought Leblanc looked particularly quick despite the high ankle sprain he's getting over.
I noticed that too and was surprised to see. Perhaps the injury wasn't as bad as it looked when it happened, but glad he's back.

Now they just need Desjardins at 100% so he can play most games as Mayer is in a big slump, losing 6 of his last 7 starts and giving up 24 goals.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 08:01 PM
NewHabsEra*

Thx Desjardins to make me win some money!!!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Desjardins is an NHL caliber goalie. If he plays, they have a chance to go deep in the playoffs.
I hope Desjardins will back up Price once Budaj is gone next Spring.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 08:20 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Yes I noticed that as well. Not sure if it had more to do with how fast he thinks the game, but he definitely had a step tonight. Still very high hopes for him, eager to see whether or not he can dominate.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 05:31 PM
MrMariusz

Good to see another solid outing by CD.

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Et le But

Quote:
So happy with have Desjardins back in the system. I was so pissed about that trade.
Ramo is better than Desjardins and we were able to got Desjardins back for free, so no harm done. Anyway the lesson is to make sure to replace him if he proves to be good enough to be an NHL backup, because that was the biggest problem with the trade.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Ramo is better than Desjardins and we were able to got Desjardins back for free, so no harm done. Anyway the lesson is to make sure to replace him if he proves to be good enough to be an NHL backup, because that was the biggest problem with the trade.
There's no proof that Ramo is better than Desjardins, actually. I'll give you that Ramo was better than Desjardins at a younger age, but now? Who really knows. Desjardins could probably be a #1 goalie in the KHL - but he wants to play in the NHL and probably won't give that dream up.

Desjardin's only NHL action was phenomenal. Guy just hasn't been given a chance since, despite being the best goalie in the AHL.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 07:03 PM
Et le But

Quote:
There's no proof that Ramo is better than Desjardins, actually. I'll give you that Ramo was better than Desjardins at a younger age, but now? Who really knows. Desjardins could probably be a #1 goalie in the KHL - but he wants to play in the NHL and probably won't give that dream up.

Desjardin's only NHL action was phenomenal. Guy just hasn't been given a chance since, despite being the best goalie in the AHL.
The sample size is way too small to say anything about CD's NHL potential. Al Montoya and Reimer looked like NHL starters too for a while. That Tampa didn't give him more chances even with their goalie issues might just be bad luck, but it's clear there's skeptics out there.

You are right about the no proof thing, but Ramo is a year younger and is really great in the KHL.

But Desjardins is well above average in the AHL and deserves a chance in the NHL. I'm glad he was brought back in the fold and hope they take a look at him if the NHL ever returns, even though I rather like Budaj as a backup too.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 08:41 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

I think Desjardins would be pretty satisfied if he could back-up Price for years to come down the road.

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 07:39 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Really nice seeing Beaulieu out in the last minute of a close game like this and breaking up that play.Good to see Quailer get his 1st GWG as a pro and the checking game he's got is tenacious to put it mildly.Good game all round for the Bulldogs IMO.
I know it's a little late for this thread but Quailer was actually playing physical? That's good to hear because I hear he doesn't necessarily play a rough game.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote