HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Bryz Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2012, 10:33 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
Oh the stories I've heard about this guy courtesy of Freddy Cassivi. I truly wish i could repeat some of them on here. Seeing 24/7 doesn't even do justice for how crazy he truly is.
well go ahead. lets hear some of these "crazy" stories. it'd be pretty lame for you to come on here just to brag that you "may" know a wannabe NHLer.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
well go ahead. lets hear some of these "crazy" stories. it'd be pretty lame for you to come on here just to brag that you "may" know a wannabe NHLer.
He probably wont post since I guess that would fall under the libel rule

Old
11-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
He probably wont post since I guess that would fall under the libel rule
Not so much libel, as "claims of inside info."

Those are frowned upon.

Especially since Philly fans seem to have more ****ing links to the org than any other fanbase in any other sport...so they say.

11-19-2012, 11:27 PM
Ryker

Here are the highlights from Bryz's last game. He's in the net from about 6:00 on in the highlights, and they show 2 saves/situations he was involved in. He looked a bit shaky on both

Oh, and if you're in for a laugh, check out the exchange between Rowe, Lokomotiv's coach, and the head referee from about 2:52 - 3:10. That "thank you for understanding, sir" quote is priceless

Old
11-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Geez, yet another situation where he totally loses track of the puck

Old
11-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Prongo
Beer

Who ever runs the Flyers Nation twitter is a fool.

He says Bryz hasn't played well because he only has started consecutive games 1 time in the KHL.

1) He hasn't earned the right to see more playing time.
2) Playing time is not the reason he struggles so much. It's more fundamentals and following the damn puck! Yes, if he did play more, he would be more in sync, but let's not kid ourselves as that is the reason for him absolutely sucking. We are paying him like a top 10 goalie, he should be able to do this on short rest, long rest, no rest. He doesn't.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:53 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Who ever runs the Flyers Nation twitter is a fool.

He says Bryz hasn't played well because he only has started consecutive games 1 time in the KHL.

1) He hasn't earned the right to see more playing time.
2) Playing time is not the reason he struggles so much. It's more fundamentals and following the damn puck! Yes, if he did play more, he would be more in sync, but let's not kid ourselves as that is the reason for him absolutely sucking. We are paying him like a top 10 goalie, he should be able to do this on short rest, long rest, no rest. He doesn't.
All legitimate points, however: a) we do not have the full storry while he is there; b) right now Flyers are not paying him as a top 10 goalie- he is a CSKA headache. We wil have plenty of frustrtation when he comes back.
Also, plenty of NHLers struggle overseas due to difference in rinks, style of play etc.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
All legitimate points, however: a) we do not have the full storry while he is there; b) right now Flyers are not paying him as a top 10 goalie- he is a CSKA headache. We wil have plenty of frustrtation when he comes back.
Also, plenty of NHLers struggle overseas due to difference in rinks, style of play etc.
Different rink size doesn't affect someone's ability to watch the puck. Angles I can buy, yeah...but not tracking the puck.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
You can track the puck all the time but that doesn't make you the best goalie in the league.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Devastate

I'd like to say based on those highlights it doesn't appear that he gave up a goal.

Sometimes you lose track of the puck, it happens. It is bothersome that it happens so often to him, but you can't say based on one highlight that its still a consistent problem.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
You can track the puck all the time but that doesn't make you the best goalie in the league.
If you can't track the puck, you won't ever be the best goalie in the league. Or close to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
I'd like to say based on those highlights it doesn't appear that he gave up a goal.

Sometimes you lose track of the puck, it happens. It is bothersome that it happens so often to him, but you can't say based on one highlight that its still a consistent problem.
It's happened in other highlights as well

Old
11-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Lundy, Brodeur, Quick. Watch them track the puck, it's astonishing how they keep their eyes on it no matter where it goes. Bryz has failed miserably to do that. If he doesn't see the puck, how in the world will he ever stop it?

I have not been a Bryz fan the whole time, but was willing to give him his chance. Besides one month where he performed out of this world, he was a major let down. If they get an amnesty clause when this ****ing lockout is done, they need to use it on him. Bring in Backstrom or another goalie who competes like hell every time he is on the ice. Bryz just doesn't show that compete level.

Old
11-21-2012, 04:29 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Lundy, Brodeur, Quick. Watch them track the puck, it's astonishing how they keep their eyes on it no matter where it goes. Bryz has failed miserably to do that. If he doesn't see the puck, how in the world will he ever stop it?

I have not been a Bryz fan the whole time, but was willing to give him his chance. Besides one month where he performed out of this world, he was a major let down. If they get an amnesty clause when this ****ing lockout is done, they need to use it on him. Bring in Backstrom or another goalie who competes like hell every time he is on the ice. Bryz just doesn't show that compete level.
This.

Old
11-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:

watching that video hilite reel, there were several times where it did appear as if Bryz couldnt care less about playing his position, both in coverage and body english..

he is the personification of "MEH" on the ice when he plays..

Old
11-21-2012, 06:12 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
watching that video hilite reel, there were several times where it did appear as if Bryz couldnt care less about playing his position, both in coverage and body english..

he is the personification of "MEH" on the ice when he plays..
I love the guy but he does suck right now. damn. It aint the contract cause he was rich before. Kelly Hrudey talks about needing Tony Robbins to get him back on track during the kings '93 run. Maybe its time to call that herman munster lookin freak and get him over there quick.

Old
11-21-2012, 06:30 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
Different rink size doesn't affect someone's ability to watch the puck. Angles I can buy, yeah...but not tracking the puck.
I take back what i said about him suckin for at least this game. what are you talking bout? the 2 secs. he looked the other way during the play behind the net? come on. that's tracking, not losing track.

Old
11-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
I take back what i said about him suckin for at least this game. what are you talking bout? the 2 secs. he looked the other way during the play behind the net? come on. that's tracking, not losing track.
The goalie needs to be watching the puck. He flat out lost the puck. Watch replays from his other games, it's been happening a disturbing amount, just like it did during his first season here.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Ryker

Today's highlights:

He made some good saves and looked solid, at least to me, despite allowing four goals on 29 shots. I don't think he had a real chance on any of them, either. He's no Varlamov, though, but hopefully no one is expecting that

Anyway, to add fuel to the fire, I also asked about his play in the KHL subforum, and got this response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
yes, Bryzgalov has looked bad for the most time, I keep joking on CSKA forum that whenever he's in goal u need to score 5 to win as he's guaranteed for 4. Today he's not to blame for any goals, as loko for the most part just out coached us, but I also attribute it to Bryzgalov in goal and team being nervous. The worst signings of the locked out player in the KHL got to be Kane and Bryzgalov

Old
11-21-2012, 11:52 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Today's highlights:

He made some good saves and looked solid, at least to me, despite allowing four goals on 29 shots. I don't think he had a real chance on any of them, either. He's no Varlamov, though, but hopefully no one is expecting that

Anyway, to add fuel to the fire, I also asked about his play in the KHL subforum, and got this response:
Cool even CSKA has to outscore Bryz...

Old
11-22-2012, 01:12 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Agh. That sounds distressingly familiar.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:16 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

I am not thankful for BUMzgolav.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Flyerfan4life

UGH, well that was def. not a hi-lite reel.. unless ur a Varlamov fan.

remember that period of time last year when Bryz was lost in the woods, and every puck would end up in the back of the net, no matter were it was fired from.

yea. just saying.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
UGH, well that was def. not a hi-lite reel.. unless ur a Varlamov fan.

remember that period of time last year when Bryz was lost in the woods, and every puck would end up in the back of the net, no matter were it was fired from.

yea. just saying.
What highlights were you watching then? Because that last game was definitely not like that.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:18 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
What highlights were you watching then? Because that last game was definitely not like that.
Thank you for posting the highlights.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:23 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
I understand your points, butI, personally, prefer not to be frustrated while he is playing for any team, but Flyers.

There is nothing that I can do about the fact that he is goalie # 1 on my favorite team once the lockout is over. I will be concerned about his and his team mates performance then.

Closed Thread