HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Mattias Tedenby

Old
11-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

vCash: 500
The Swede thing was really just me being goofy. I really don't have a problem with the Swedes. It was just making a slight crack at us drafting Swedes. I didn't mean it in a way as to put down going after Swedish players, but I understand it came out that way.

I really like Josefson too. I was just rattling off the names of Swedes, not saying Josefson will bust, or Urbom, etc. Obviously *****ing about Tallackson(Bust who is not a Swede) is what made it seem like I was complaining about all the players we drafted. I'm very happy with the Josefson pick, as well as Larsson, and Urbom. Yes Bergfors too cause he got us Kovy.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 08:54 PM
None Shall Pass
Got Carter

The Tedenby - Josefson - Clarkson line during the Dark Times was unbelievably nasty. I remember making a gif with all three of their heads on the bodies of some random girls from that Rebecca Black video for a GDT. I wonder if I still have it.

None Shall Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 08:57 PM
None Shall Pass
Got Carter

There we go.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Still the funniest we`ve had here.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 09:32 PM
None Shall Pass
Got Carter

Yeah that wins.

Old
11-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I don't think Tedenby is necessarily done here(Devils/USA) if there is no season in the NHL this year. Though he doubtfully will get any kind of a raise on his new RFA contract, and it will definitely be a two way. Even with a shortened season it still may not be a big enough sample size for him to get a one way contract, or much of a raise even if he is decent.

I'm sure regardless he'll be tendered an offer, but if he wants to go overseas that's his call. Though we still have his rights until he's 27(Pending new CBA) like Nashville with Radulov I believe.

Old
11-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
He does have the best facial expressions, we have to give him that.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Missionhockey

I think it's time to call a spade a spade with Tedenby. Sad because he really looked like he had something under Lemaire. I think the coaching change killed his development and his confidense.

Missionhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missionhockey View Post
I think it's time to call a spade a spade with Tedenby. Sad because he really looked like he had something under Lemaire. I think the coaching change killed his development and his confidense.
He actually looked best under Maclean though he still looked good under Lemaire. I have to think him along Corrente, and Vasyunov, were not poisoned with whatever was going around that room with the vets. They were some of our best players during that pathetic half season.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

I love Tedenby. I wish he stayed up. I'm a homer for him and I got to meet him once. He seemed sincere and everything. he's so fast... Skill is there...just the consistency has to show. Not bashing/trolling...

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Mustangs

Send a message via MSN to Mustangs
I think Teddy needs to show more to prove that he belongs in the top 6 in the NHL or the AHL. But if you look at the stats I think that a few of the top plays on Albany have struggled offensively and this is where the negativity is coming from. Adam Henrique has struggled, Teddy has 4 points in 10 games, there is a lot of season left and think he can pull it together to start putting up some points closer to his potential. But this is a major season for him, he needs to prove that he can play in a offensive role and be effective.

Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
The only way for him to stick is going to be producing points. He isn't good defensively, and his physical game is non existent because of his lack of size.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Devils1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post
I think Teddy needs to show more to prove that he belongs in the top 6 in the NHL or the AHL. But if you look at the stats I think that a few of the top plays on Albany have struggled offensively and this is where the negativity is coming from. Adam Henrique has struggled, Teddy has 4 points in 10 games, there is a lot of season left and think he can pull it together to start putting up some points closer to his potential. But this is a major season for him, he needs to prove that he can play in a offensive role and be effective.
Some players need to play with talent in order to be at their best while others can make their linemates better. tedenby falls into the former category and unfortunately, there's not a lot of the right kind of talent down in Albany to make him shine....he also needs to realize some of those You Tube moves from Sweden doesn't work on big, physical Canadian defensemen. He can stand to learn a lot if he watches Martin St. Louis' game...

Last edited by Devils1029: 11-20-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Devils1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Missionhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
He actually looked best under Maclean though he still looked good under Lemaire. I have to think him along Corrente, and Vasyunov, were not poisoned with whatever was going around that room with the vets. They were some of our best players during that pathetic half season.
Everything during the John MacLean era needs to be taken with a grain of salt. The players have stated that they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing when he was coach, so there was no structure for Tedenby to grow from. He was basically allowed to do whatever he wanted and that all got torn down when Lemaire came in. We all knew Mattias has skill.

Missionhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missionhockey View Post
Everything during the John MacLean era needs to be taken with a grain of salt. The players have stated that they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing when he was coach, so there was no structure for Tedenby to grow from. He was basically allowed to do whatever he wanted and that all got torn down when Lemaire came in. We all knew Mattias has skill.
Really? Here I am thinking we only sucked cause of brutal goaltending by Brodeur, and a low shooting percentage on our end.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:17 AM
DevilsAnimal*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils1029 View Post
Some players need to play with talent in order to be at their best while others can make their linemates better. tedenby falls into the former category and unfortunately, there's not a lot of the right kind of talent down in Albany to make him shine....he also needs to realize some of those You Tube moves from Sweden doesn't work on big, physical Canadian defensemen. He can stand to learn a lot if he watches Martin St. Louis' game...
St. Louis didnt make the nhl proper untill he was 25, and ended up with 40 points with the lightning
He had an allright season in Calgary before that, but he had way more than 50 games in the AHL

Right now, as it stands, we are expecting Tedenby to develop faster than one of the best small players in the league
give him this year to get himself set, then next year to develop, then we can see if he's a bust or not

DevilsAnimal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 03:15 AM
Eggers
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Eggers
I don't think it's fair to say his physical game is non-existent. His physical tools may be scarce, but he'll still battle along the boards and take the puck to the net. He's not a perimeter player, and if anything, that was a detriment last season.

Eggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Chico Eats

I still think Tedenby can be a piece to the puzzle. He can create a lot of space if he has someone to pass to. He was doing some ridiculous things last year, taking on the whole defense by himself while Janssen and Carter were coming off for line changes.

Chico Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
I don't think it's fair to say his physical game is non-existent. His physical tools may be scarce, but he'll still battle along the boards and take the puck to the net. He's not a perimeter player, and if anything, that was a detriment last season.
Especially his ability to bounce back. He got rocked a couple times in his rookie season. Jumped right back and created a play.

Plus, he`s a relentless forechecker who`s got great speed. It`s just that his positional defense is terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Eats View Post
I still think Tedenby can be a piece to the puzzle. He can create a lot of space if he has someone to pass to. He was doing some ridiculous things last year, taking on the whole defense by himself while Janssen and Carter were coming off for line changes.
He also draws a TON of penalties. That is kind of important in this league.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Yeah he was good at drawing penalties. Unfortunately for him at no fault of his own for the most part, it seemed many times he drew a penalty we would give up a shorty. Around the time he was constantly drawing penalties for us we were giving away shorties every 2 or 3 games like our PP was Santa Clause.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:07 AM
DevilsJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAnimal View Post
St. Louis didnt make the nhl proper untill he was 25, and ended up with 40 points with the lightning
He had an allright season in Calgary before that, but he had way more than 50 games in the AHL

Right now, as it stands, we are expecting Tedenby to develop faster than one of the best small players in the league
give him this year to get himself set, then next year to develop, then we can see if he's a bust or not
This.

So this.

DevilsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsJunkie View Post
This.

So this.
St Louis -
85 points in 35 games for Vermont
Well over PPG in the AHL

He has put up points everywhere he went. Tedenby has always had skill but never translated as many points as his talent indicated, that is a massive red flag for a small player.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 12:48 AM
DevilsJunkie

And Tedenby will very likely never become like Marty St. Louis. I liked the Tedenby / St. Louis analogy 'cos it illustrates the time frame it took for St. Louis to put it all together in the NHL.

I think some of the reason Tedenby has had low numbers in the past is partially due to a combination of being a young player in the SEL (mostly) and partially due to under-performing on the larger ice surface in NA.

Again, he's not gonna be as prolific as St. Louis, but if Tedenby can put it all together he'll become a very good secondary threat.

Also, for those of you bashing his defense, I think he's made some strides. He still needs to become more consistent in providing average play on the defensive side of the puck. Once (if) he does that and is able to put the puck in the net with some consistency, he'll be a nice player to have.

DevilsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 01:22 AM
DevilsAnimal*

Quote:
Originally Posted by None Shall Pass View Post
There we go.

Greesy

DevilsAnimal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 02:17 AM
battlingBard56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I love Tedenby. I wish he stayed up. I'm a homer for him and I got to meet him once. He seemed sincere and everything. he's so fast... Skill is there...just the consistency has to show. Not bashing/trolling...
Our own fans are trolling on the Tedenby situation more than any other outsider fan could. In fact you seem much more objective yet supportive than most regarding him.

You're right. He DOES need to show consistency. Many of our own fans just bash him and say without thought "Oh he won't make it".

HELLO PEOPLE. Remember St. Louis? Remember FLUERY? How long did it take them to really develop and show their stuff? (leaving Gionta out of it for now)

Many of us are being far too hard on Tedenby. To the point of trolling the fans who actually support him and hope for him to succeed.

battlingBard56 is offline   Reply With Quote