HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [10-15-3] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 2.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-21-2012, 07:47 AM
  #476
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
That's why I was hoping they would hire a guy like Grouxl, or Houle, guys who have experience coaching young guys, and they have success too. IMO they should have done what they did with Boucher before, I don't see Lefebvre having a future coaching the Habs.
Lefebvre has coached youngsters. He coached for the farm team of Colorado (as assistant mind you) and also coached in Junior AAA, quite successfully with the Cougars du CollŤge Champlain, probably the best AAA program there was back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
When we hired Randy Lefebvre there was a lot of talk about how he was going to be groomed to be the coach of the future. No thank you.
It's Sylvain Lefebvre.

Also the future is not now It's his first time as an HC. He has to learn a few things too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Do you not assign much development value to making the AHL playoffs?

Do you not assign much development value to giving Beaulieu and Ellis more passing options on the PP?
I understand that a winning environment is better for the kids. They could have stacked the team and make a rush for the calder cup by having 2 vets in the top6 but they prefered to play the kids, and that's fine to me.

All I'm saying is that the main goal for a farm team is to develop the players, not necessarily win games.

The Wings probably have one of the best development system, yet you rarely see the Griffins trounce the league like Nordfolk did last year or like the Bears usually do.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 08:01 AM
  #477
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
Agreed. Man can he skate well with the puck. I'd be more worried about him if his gaffes weren't fixable and this was his 3rd year in the AHL.

He definitely needs to work overtime on his shot. Man that one breakaway where he wound up from in close and completely missed the net was pretty bad.

He's definitely a project but I'm more excited we have him than before this year started.
Yea stupid penalties are something he can change with maturity. I guess it looks like he'll need another year at least in the AHL after this one but that's fine, he's only 19 and if he gets to the NHL by 21 or 22 that's not bad.

sharks9 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 09:36 AM
  #478
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,309
vCash: 597
Derek Wills ‏@dogsplaybyplay
After missing last 11 games with high ankle sprain, Louis Leblanc will return to @BulldogsAHL line-up for rematch with @IceCapsAHL tonight.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 11:50 AM
  #479
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,806
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Derek Wills ‏@dogsplaybyplay
After missing last 11 games with high ankle sprain, Louis Leblanc will return to @BulldogsAHL line-up for rematch with @IceCapsAHL tonight.
I hope Desjardins is in nets tonight and having Leblanc is manna from heaven.Our Bulldogs need the win to get back to playing .500 hockey,that's really good considering the lockout and the amount of rookies on the team.

S Bah is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 12:30 PM
  #480
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Derek Wills ‏@dogsplaybyplay
After missing last 11 games with high ankle sprain, Louis Leblanc will return to @BulldogsAHL line-up for rematch with @IceCapsAHL tonight.
Good to hear, hopefully he can help get the offense and the PP going. They need someone to step up in the face-off circle though.

montreal is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 06:11 PM
  #481
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Good to hear, hopefully he can help get the offense and the PP going. They need someone to step up in the face-off circle though.
He'll probably be a step behind to start and maybe the whole game.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 07:32 PM
  #482
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,806
vCash: 50
Another good game played by our Bulldogs with Desjardins just missing the shutout.Great team effort and the talent is starting to bleed through slowly these guys are getting better each game.

S Bah is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 07:01 AM
  #483
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,181
vCash: 500
So what does next year's line-up look like?

Palushaj's most likely goners one way or another. Probably Geoffrion as well. If Berger and Avtsin don't improve drastically, gone too. LL could make the Habs but only if there's a spot and not before Galchenyuk. Hagel, Stortini and Boyce will probably be replaced.

St-Denis, Nash and Commodore are question marks and I imagine the rest are assured a spot (haven't seen Corbin, so he might be on the fence).

Then possibly coming up you have: Archambault, Kristo, Pribyl, Walsh, Collberg, Nystrom, Nygren, Thrower, Dietz.

Kristo seems to be a given since there isn't much wiggle room for J. Schultz like funny business. If Archie keeps it up, he'll get a contract. Walsh would have to pick it up but I'm sure he gets a look. Thrower seems to be in the running for an overager year in the W but he can still turn it around. Dietz should be good to go.

Now I'm not too wise on the overseas prospects. I'll go ahead and assume Collberg and Nystrom are staying in Sweden. Do we have to sign Nygren and Pribyl by year's end? And this might be a dumb question but can they still play overseas while under contract with us?

Either way, there will be a helluva lot of competition. Even the long shots have intriguing upside.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 08:58 AM
  #484
niftymove
Registered User
 
niftymove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Hamilton Bulldogs ‏@BulldogsAHL
We will be making a big announcement at 11:00 am today...stay tuned!

Intriguing!

niftymove is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 09:04 AM
  #485
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
Hamilton Bulldogs ‏@BulldogsAHL
We will be making a big announcement at 11:00 am today...stay tuned!

Intriguing!
Hamilton signs BGL. Book it.

overlords is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 09:06 AM
  #486
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
Hamilton Bulldogs ‏@BulldogsAHL
We will be making a big announcement at 11:00 am today...stay tuned!

Intriguing!
To present Mike Commodore ?

zzoo is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 09:15 AM
  #487
niftymove
Registered User
 
niftymove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
yup!

Looks like the Commodore's try-out is that big announcement


Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman
Hamilton Bulldogs sign Mike Commodore to a try out contract.

niftymove is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 09:18 AM
  #488
niftymove
Registered User
 
niftymove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Commodore should be a good support to our rookie Ds, but what about the forwards?

niftymove is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 09:27 AM
  #489
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
yup!

Looks like the Commodore's try-out is that big announcement


Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman
Hamilton Bulldogs sign Mike Commodore to a try out contract.
Well, that was posted yesterday night. I have hard time believing they would make a "big announcement" just a player signing a tryout.

bcv is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 10:31 AM
  #490
Sam I Am
Registered User
 
Sam I Am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Well, that was posted yesterday night. I have hard time believing they would make a "big announcement" just a player signing a tryout.
Well, it seems that the "big announcement" was indeed the signing of Commodore. Maybe not so "big" but his veteran presence should help out the young and green Hamilton defence corps.

twitter.com/dogsplaybyplay

TSN report

Sam I Am is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 11:29 AM
  #491
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
So what does next year's line-up look like?

Palushaj's most likely goners one way or another. Probably Geoffrion as well. If Berger and Avtsin don't improve drastically, gone too. LL could make the Habs but only if there's a spot and not before Galchenyuk. Hagel, Stortini and Boyce will probably be replaced.

St-Denis, Nash and Commodore are question marks and I imagine the rest are assured a spot (haven't seen Corbin, so he might be on the fence).

Then possibly coming up you have: Archambault, Kristo, Pribyl, Walsh, Collberg, Nystrom, Nygren, Thrower, Dietz.

Kristo seems to be a given since there isn't much wiggle room for J. Schultz like funny business. If Archie keeps it up, he'll get a contract. Walsh would have to pick it up but I'm sure he gets a look. Thrower seems to be in the running for an overager year in the W but he can still turn it around. Dietz should be good to go.

Now I'm not too wise on the overseas prospects. I'll go ahead and assume Collberg and Nystrom are staying in Sweden. Do we have to sign Nygren and Pribyl by year's end? And this might be a dumb question but can they still play overseas while under contract with us?

Either way, there will be a helluva lot of competition. Even the long shots have intriguing upside.
Here are the current UFA's in Hamilton,

St-Denis, Desjardins, Hagel, Stortini, Corbin, Fortier, Leveille, Chaput.

Here are the current RFA's,

Geoffrion, Palushaj, Nash, Schultz, Blunden, Mayer, Dumont, Stejskal

Here's the players that need to be signed or we lose their rights next summer,

Archambault, Dietz, Kristo, Walsh, Nygren, Pribyl

Bennett could turn pro or he can opt out of signing with the Habs due to the current loop hole unles a new cba changes the rule.

Collberg, Nystrom, Nygren and Pribyl all have their contracts with their respective leagues end so any could be brought over if the Habs felt it would be a good fit.

Players that are under contract already for next season,

Leblanc, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Pateryn, Holland, Gallagher, Bournival, Quailer, Nattinen, Lefebvre, Berger, Avtsin, Delmas

Leblanc I could see in the NHL, Dumont perhaps. Hard to say if any of this years rookie class will see any time or not depending on how the NHL roster shapes up.

montreal is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 12:12 PM
  #492
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,806
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Here are the current UFA's in Hamilton,

St-Denis, Desjardins, Hagel, Stortini, Corbin, Fortier, Leveille, Chaput.

Here are the current RFA's,

Geoffrion, Palushaj, Nash, Schultz, Blunden, Mayer, Dumont, Stejskal

Here's the players that need to be signed or we lose their rights next summer,

Archambault, Dietz, Kristo, Walsh, Nygren, Pribyl

Bennett could turn pro or he can opt out of signing with the Habs due to the current loop hole unles a new cba changes the rule.

Collberg, Nystrom, Nygren and Pribyl all have their contracts with their respective leagues end so any could be brought over if the Habs felt it would be a good fit.

Players that are under contract already for next season,

Leblanc, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Pateryn, Holland, Gallagher, Bournival, Quailer, Nattinen, Lefebvre, Berger, Avtsin, Delmas

Leblanc I could see in the NHL, Dumont perhaps. Hard to say if any of this years rookie class will see any time or not depending on how the NHL roster shapes up.
It would be interesting to try lines with Archambault-Bournival-Dumont and then Quailer-Holland-Kristo then Nystrom-Pribyl-Collberg each line having a good mix of defence/offence and the defence is only going to be better.The Bulldogs could be a force next season.

S Bah is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 06:13 PM
  #493
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
It would be interesting to try lines with Archambault-Bournival-Dumont and then Quailer-Holland-Kristo then Nystrom-Pribyl-Collberg each line having a good mix of defence/offence and the defence is only going to be better.The Bulldogs could be a force next season.
Those would be interesting lines. Archambault looks like he's starting to figure things out plus working with Dumont and Bournival could be just what he needs although Dumont will have to clear waivers next season so perhaps he sticks although a lot can happen to the roster between now and next season.

Kristo should have a big forward on his line, but they have to have good speed and that line would although I don't I'd use Quailer on his wing as I'd like to see someone more physical.

I don't like the idea of Collberg in the AHL at 19, so I hope they don't go that route but if so it would be interesting to see how he would do. I would think that Pribyl has a decent shot at getting a contract if management doesn't have a problem with his skating/mobility. Watched some of the game today, but it was boring, they use him at center on draws but then he slids to LW. He's got a really big frame for a soon to be 20 year old, and good hands so there's certainly some things to like. Nystrom I don't know what to make of in terms of if he will get a contract since they don't have to sign him until June 1st 2014 so perhaps if he re-signs in Sweden for more then 1 season, they can just wait and re-evaluate him next season before deciding on a signing him although it would be interesting if they brought over the 3 Swedish prospects at the same time.

montreal is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 07:54 PM
  #494
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Those would be interesting lines. Archambault looks like he's starting to figure things out plus working with Dumont and Bournival could be just what he needs although Dumont will have to clear waivers next season so perhaps he sticks although a lot can happen to the roster between now and next season.

Kristo should have a big forward on his line, but they have to have good speed and that line would although I don't I'd use Quailer on his wing as I'd like to see someone more physical.

I don't like the idea of Collberg in the AHL at 19, so I hope they don't go that route but if so it would be interesting to see how he would do. I would think that Pribyl has a decent shot at getting a contract if management doesn't have a problem with his skating/mobility. Watched some of the game today, but it was boring, they use him at center on draws but then he slids to LW. He's got a really big frame for a soon to be 20 year old, and good hands so there's certainly some things to like. Nystrom I don't know what to make of in terms of if he will get a contract since they don't have to sign him until June 1st 2014 so perhaps if he re-signs in Sweden for more then 1 season, they can just wait and re-evaluate him next season before deciding on a signing him although it would be interesting if they brought over the 3 Swedish prospects at the same time.
I'd wager they don't want another season of a bunch of rookies kicking around.

One player to look towards coming over next year is Nygren. I doubt they let him go without giving him a contract.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 07:16 AM
  #495
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,525
vCash: 500
ďIím proud of the work Sylvain has done so far. His mandate was to help the young guys develop and thatís what heís doing. We talk almost every day and after every game. Thatís key. Heís my eyes in Hamilton. I hired him because I believe in his vision of what a hockey player should be. Anytime he changes something or he addresses an issue, he lets me know so Iím in the loop. Sylvain is a really great communicator,Ē shared Bergevin of his longtime NHL opponent.


http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=646199

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 07:27 AM
  #496
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,181
vCash: 500
I guess no matter how funky Lefebvre's lines might get, the bottom line is that our prospects get better.

It's too soon to judge Lefebvre yet. Good to hear about the open lines of communication and Bergevin's commitment to seeing the Dogs himself as much as possible.

The halfway mark will be much more telling.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 08:47 AM
  #497
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
ďIím proud of the work Sylvain has done so far. His mandate was to help the young guys develop and thatís what heís doing. We talk almost every day and after every game. Thatís key. Heís my eyes in Hamilton. I hired him because I believe in his vision of what a hockey player should be. Anytime he changes something or he addresses an issue, he lets me know so Iím in the loop. Sylvain is a really great communicator,Ē shared Bergevin of his longtime NHL opponent.


http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=646199
Thank you for the link.
On that same link:
"Still, one of those defensemen has already caught Bergevinís eye.

ďTinordi has surprised me,Ē he admitted of the 6-foot-6 blue-liner. ďFor a big guy like him, I find heís managed to simplify his game. Heís effective. I knew he was good, but heís been progressing faster than I anticipated.Ē


We have noticed that as well, right ? We are as good as Bergevin
If the progress pace remains the same, I think that Tinordi will play in NHL before Beaulieu and other D prospects.

zzoo is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:22 AM
  #498
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I'd wager they don't want another season of a bunch of rookies kicking around.

One player to look towards coming over next year is Nygren. I doubt they let him go without giving him a contract.
They may not have another 9 rookies in the lineup but they will very likely have a bunch of rookies again especially on defense if Bennett turns pro and Nygren is brought over.

montreal is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:58 AM
  #499
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
They may not have another 9 rookies in the lineup but they will very likely have a bunch of rookies again especially on defense if Bennett turns pro and Nygren is brought over.
What's your opinion on Bennett? What kind of upside does he have? He's always been one of our most interesting prospects since the development camp after he was drafted in which he was very impressive, especially his smooth skating.

FrankMTL is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 10:41 AM
  #500
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
What's your opinion on Bennett? What kind of upside does he have? He's always been one of our most interesting prospects since the development camp after he was drafted in which he was very impressive, especially his smooth skating.
Very big fan of Bennett, I think he has top pairing upside as he is solid at both ends of the ice, has great mobility, can rush the puck up ice or make crisp passes in a hurry. My concern is that he lacks size and strength, he won't ever be known for his physical game but he's smart and hard working, he knows where to be on the ice especially in the offensive zone.

montreal is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.