HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

How to get to Atlant game from my hotel?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-13-2012, 06:46 PM
  #1
imderekpoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dublin, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
How to get to Atlant game from my hotel?

I'm going to be in Moscow Nov 30 - Dec 8 for work and I want to try to take in a game while I'm there. Based on my schedule I think that the only game I'll be able to get to is on Friday, Nov 30 Atlant - Neftekhimik.

I'm staying at the Courtyard Moscow Paveletskaya. My question is how do I get to the rink? Doesn't look like the Metro goes very close. I can't really decipher the directions on the arena website, but it looks like I might be able to take the Metro, train and walk. I wouldn't have a problem just taking a taxi from the hotel, but I'm more concerned about getting a taxi or something back from the game - at least to a metro station if not all the way back to the hotel. Can anybody help me out with the best way to get there?

I'm not planning to purchase a ticket in advance in case my plans have to change. Would I have a problem getting a ticket at the door?

Thanks for any help!

imderekpoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 10:39 PM
  #2
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 500
Like this?

This might help as well. As for ticket, I think it's better to worry about it beforehand.

ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 12:03 AM
  #3
student84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
go to the metro station Medvedkovo, there lies the bus number 169 which goes up to the arena, the travel time of 25-40 minutes depending of type of "traffic jams" and also back.If the game ends in a late back can take the train(Komsomolskaya Metro Station) or a taxi to the station Medvedkovo 400-500 rubles
P.S комрады знающие английский можете подправить чтобы он точно понял: Сарказм:


Last edited by student84: 11-14-2012 at 01:06 AM.
student84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 01:12 AM
  #4
student84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
and 30 November play Spartak ska 19.30 msk
December 2 Atlant Ak Bars 17.00 MSK
December 4 CSKA Slovan 19.30 mck
December 5 dynamo locomotive 19.30 MSK
December 7 CSKA-Dynamo Moscow 19:30 MSK
choose

student84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 01:38 AM
  #5
Bure
Registered User
 
Bure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,114
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by student84 View Post
go to the metro station Medvedkovo, there lies the bus number 169 which goes up to the arena, the travel time of 25-40 minutes depending of type of "traffic jams" and also back.If the game ends in a late back can take the train(Komsomolskaya Metro Station) or a taxi to the station Medvedkovo 400-500 rubles
P.S комрады знающие английский можете подправить чтобы он точно понял: Сарказм:
Angliskiy haroshiy ou tebiya.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 03:18 AM
  #6
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by student84 View Post
and 30 November play Spartak ska 19.30 msk
December 2 Atlant Ak Bars 17.00 MSK
December 4 CSKA Slovan 19.30 mck
December 5 dynamo locomotive 19.30 MSK
December 7 CSKA-Dynamo Moscow 19:30 MSK
choose
Man, that CSKA - Dynamo match-up would be an excellent way for the OP to end his work trip

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:34 AM
  #7
Kharlamov17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
I am currently staying at the Courtyard Moscow Paveletskaya. I can tell you that you won't be able to see any KHL games on TV from the hotel. The hotel doesn't get Russia-2, the Sport channel, or KHL-TV.

The Paveletskaya metro station is relatively close to the hotel and it's not difficult to get to Luzhniki (went to the Dynamo Moscow - Vityaz game yesterday) or the CSKA Ice Palace (going to CSKA-Lokomotiv game today).

As Student84 said, you won't be able to take the Metro all the way to Mytischi for the Atlant game. You will need to take some other form of transportation (bus, etc.) to get from Moscow to Mytischi.

Kharlamov17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 05:10 AM
  #8
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharlamov17 View Post
I can tell you that you won't be able to see any KHL games on TV from the hotel. The hotel doesn't get Russia-2, the Sport channel, or KHL-TV.
What about the WiFi at the hotel? Good enough to carry khl.ru's official streams? Those are of decent quality. I was on a foreign business trip here in Europe last month and was disappointed that the otherwise excellent four-star hotel's WiFi connection was so shaky I could barely watch YouTube game summaries using it, let alone live games.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:32 PM
  #9
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,761
vCash: 500
student84's directions are pretty accurate. I still would consider going to some games in Moscow. It's much easier to get to the arenas. I considered going to a Atlant game too. Was too much trouble getting there and back after all. And in Mytischi it's harder to get tickets.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 11:34 PM
  #10
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
student84's directions are pretty accurate. I still would consider going to some games in Moscow. It's much easier to get to the arenas. I considered going to a Atlant game too. Was too much trouble getting there and back after all. And in Mytischi it's harder to get tickets.
If you wanna go watch KHL hockey, Moscow is the worst place you can choose. Fact.

ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 02:23 AM
  #11
Kharlamov17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
The information I previously posted is not entirely correct. Russia-2 is available at the Courtyard Moscow Pavelskaya. I am watching the Amur-Sibir game now.

The hotel has two types of Internet access at the hotel. Free Internet access is available, but it is only 256 Kbps, which isn't fast enough for video streaming. You can also purchase high speed Internet access, but it is quite expensive. One hour costs 360 rubles and 24 hours costs 1150 rubles.

Kharlamov17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 06:28 AM
  #12
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair
 
Acallabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kemerovo, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,043
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
If you wanna go watch KHL hockey, Moscow is the worst place you can choose. Fact.
Yeah, imderekpoe must go to Novokuznetsk and make a nice company for me

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 08:20 AM
  #13
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharlamov17 View Post
The hotel has two types of Internet access at the hotel. Free Internet access is available, but it is only 256 Kbps, which isn't fast enough for video streaming. You can also purchase high speed Internet access, but it is quite expensive. One hour costs 360 rubles and 24 hours costs 1150 rubles.
That's about $11.50 per hour... must be a hotel catering primarily to oligarchs.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 10:54 AM
  #14
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
If you wanna go watch KHL hockey, Moscow is the worst place you can choose. Fact.
He will be in Moscow. What are we talking about here?

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 02:45 PM
  #15
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
He will be in Moscow. What are we talking about here?
Mytishchi is in Moscow region. But it's only 19 km away from Kremlin. Besides, I think he chose Mytishchi for a reason.

ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 03:00 PM
  #16
Vicente
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cologne
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Mytishchi is in Moscow region. But it's only 19 km away from Kremlin. Besides, I think he chose Mytishchi for a reason.
Well. If I was in the Moscow region for a visit I'd also chose a team like Atlant where you have a lot of fans, nice atmosphere and a modern stadium rather than Spartak or CSKA.

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 06:55 PM
  #17
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Mytishchi is in Moscow region. But it's only 19 km away from Kremlin. Besides, I think he chose Mytishchi for a reason.
I think you don't get the point. Who cares about how far it is from the Kremlin? It's not like there is a direct way to get to Mytischi from Moscow. Inside Moscow public transportation isn't a big issue. And he wrote he chose Mytischi for his private schedule reasons. I was thinking about Mytischi myself, but after all it was too much trouble getting back after the game. If I'd want to see that particular game for whatever reason I'd probably go, but if I wanted just to see a KHL game in or around Moscow I'd probably go to some Moscow arena.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 10:40 PM
  #18
Kharlamov17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
That's about $11.50 per hour... must be a hotel catering primarily to oligarchs.
I can assure you that there are no oligarchs here. The hotel is nice (it is only one or two years old) and is comparable to Marriott Courtyard hotels in the US. I think the oligarchs stay at the Ritz Carlton hotel adjacent to Red Square.


Last edited by Kharlamov17: 11-23-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Kharlamov17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.