HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Nazem Kadri named AHL Player of the Week ending Nov. 18 - and discussion thread.

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2012, 09:13 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Stallone View Post
Either way, I don't think we're gonna see anyone else wearing #43 for a long time

I have a feeling that once the NHL is back on the ice, the first time Calgary is in town there will be a ceremony at ACC centre ice.

That ceremony will have Matt Stajan presenting his old #14 to Kadri to wear and maybe someday make famous and to be finally raised into the ether of honour

Old
11-21-2012, 09:16 AM
birddog*

Looking forward to seeing Kadri, Frattin and Gardiner in the lineup when NHL resumes.

Next year Rielly and maybe a couple other young guys.

Old
11-21-2012, 09:20 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Looking forward to seeing Kadri, Frattin and Gardiner in the lineup when NHL resumes.

Next year Rielly and maybe a couple other young guys.
When is Komisarek's contract done again?

Liles was extended too far into the future, and while he was out with a concussion (2nd. straight season I believe he was out with concussion).

Top 6 isn't very old, but the bottom 6 needs to have some major changes.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
11-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
When is Komisarek's contract done again?

Liles was extended too far into the future, and while he was out with a concussion (2nd. straight season I believe he was out with concussion).

Top 6 isn't very old, but the bottom 6 needs to have some major changes.
Komi is another year after this unfortunately

Liles I liked the signing at the time, but after this draft I'm not a big fan of the length anymore. Now I wish it was a 2 year extension. Not Liles fault or anyone's for that matter. We just happened to draft a guy who seems like he could be NHL ready now.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:27 AM
BlueBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post

Liles I liked the signing at the time, but after this draft I'm not a big fan of the length anymore. Now I wish it was a 2 year extension. Not Liles fault or anyone's for that matter. We just happened to draft a guy who seems like he could be NHL ready now.
Liles is a quality player, if he returns to form and looks like his old 40pt ish self we will have no trouble moving him if he is suplanted by a kid. Should the season happen and we are going to miss the playoffs I will wager he gets moved for more than the 2nd (practically a third) we gave up for him.

Until then he has a lot to offer guys like Gardiner and Rielly and is a respectable vetran presence in the dressing room. I see it as win-win either way.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
Liles is a quality player, if he returns to form and looks like his old 40pt ish self we will have no trouble moving him if he is suplanted by a kid. Should the season happen and we are going to miss the playoffs I will wager he gets moved for more than the 2nd (practically a third) we gave up for him.

Until then he has a lot to offer guys like Gardiner and Rielly and is a respectable vetran presence in the dressing room. I see it as win-win either way.
I don't know, I just don't like trading people who we get as a UFA, seems mean

Seems inevitable that it happens though, Won't be enough room for all of our offensively gifted guys on the back end. Unless of course it is Phaneuf/Gardiner that gets traded which I would rather not do.

Back on track with Kadri though...haha. I think he makes the jump to start the season. Connolly I think will get a bit of interest and will get traded with ease and that should hopefully open up a spot for Nazem.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Pheasant the peasant
Lupul Fan

Quote:

The contract length for Liles is perfect.

He is about to turn 32, and has three years after this lockedout-shortened (eliminated?) season. That menas he will only be 35 when the contract expires, and his time here will be in the perfect middle ground where he will be old enough to bring veteran experience with leadership/mentor abilities, but young enough to still be productive and reliable.

Not to mention that if Rielly is with the team next season, his rookie contract will be the exact same length as Liles contract. 3 years (the new CBA rules about rookie contracts shouldn't change this, since it is already signed). So we can easily afford to pay Liles while saving money on Rielly, and give Reilly his payday when Liles' contract expires.

Liles is a steal at only 3.8-ish. And he can easily be moved if there is legitemately no room for him.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:30 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson3133 View Post
But he is ahead of your stud; Ryan Johansen
Johansen will prevail, hopefully he'll be able to play for the Jr's this Christmas, if not he'll be in Columbus while Kadri will endeed be showing off his vast potential at the Richo.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:45 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Johansen will prevail, hopefully he'll be able to play for the Jr's this Christmas, if not he'll be in Columbus while Kadri will endeed be showing off his vast potential at the Richo.
Sorry Johannsen is inelegiable for Canadian Jr's.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Donmega

Happy Kadri started lighting it up, hopefully he doesn't cool off and keeps it up.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:09 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donmega View Post
Happy Kadri started lighting it up, hopefully he doesn't cool off and keeps it up.
Could be it just took him that long to get physically fit.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:25 AM
Stephen23

Quote:
I don't know, I just don't like trading people who we get as a UFA, seems mean

Seems inevitable that it happens though, Won't be enough room for all of our offensively gifted guys on the back end. Unless of course it is Phaneuf/Gardiner that gets traded which I would rather not do.

Back on track with Kadri though...haha. I think he makes the jump to start the season. Connolly I think will get a bit of interest and will get traded with ease and that should hopefully open up a spot for Nazem.
We got Liles through trade with Colorado using Boston's 2nd Round pick (Conditional pick through the Kaberle trade). Or did you mean that we just signed him to an extension when he was going to be a UFA?

Old
11-22-2012, 09:15 AM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen23 View Post
We got Liles through trade with Colorado using Boston's 2nd Round pick (Conditional pick through the Kaberle trade). Or did you mean that we just signed him to an extension when he was going to be a UFA?
Meant the extension part. My bad.

Old
11-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Confucius

Sucks he's from Ontario, Burke has probably already scheduled him to be shipped out.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:01 AM
TmlHockeyFan

Everyone started complaining about Colborne now that Kadri started producing. Good job leafs nation.

Kadri is 1 point below PPG.

Bust.

Old
11-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Chips*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
Everyone started complaining about Colborne now that Kadri started producing. Good job leafs nation.

Kadri is 1 point below PPG.

Bust.
The difference is that Colborne has been producing at an abysmal rate since the greater part of last season. He has a combined less than 25 points in about 70 regular season games. Considering he's touted as a future second line player, those number are fairly discouraging, even with his known injury.

Old
11-28-2012, 04:34 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by bach View Post
The difference is that Colborne has been producing at an abysmal rate since the greater part of last season. He has a combined less than 25 points in about 70 regular season games. Considering he's touted as a future second line player, those number are fairly discouraging, even with his known injury.
Actually they're pretty understandable because of his injury. This year is where he really needs to show up. He's not doing as good as he should be, but its still a young season and getting back to your groove after an injury that affected the majority of his season last year, I'd say give him time. Be patient.

Old
11-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
Sucks he's from Ontario, Burke has probably already scheduled him to be shipped out.
Can't stand Burkie. He's so HYPED as a gm it's laughable. The guy doesn't have good instinct or managerial vision. I bet you if there were more canadian players on this team, they'd do pretty well.

Anyway, Congrats Kadri Bar. Now prove dem haters wrong!

Old
12-01-2012, 09:08 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Bust because he didn't get a hattrick today.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Good to see Kadri getting rewarded, he has looked very dangerous every game.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:23 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

His first multi goal game
I think its 17 pts (4 goals 13 assists) in 19 games.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:39 PM
TmlHockeyFan

I noticed his best productions are usually on home games.

Old
12-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Captain Clutch 13

Kadri played a great game today. He was creating chances all night and was just locked in offensively. He had a couple of defensive errors but he also had a couple of nice takeaways in the neutral zone as well which no one else seems to have noticed. His career PPG at the AHL level continues, that kind of consistent production should translate into half decent NHL production soon enough.

Old
12-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Ya I thought Kadri had a great game. He made one really slick move where he cut in from the right side and flicked the puck over the defenders stick and got a pretty good shot off. It's plays like that that make him so entertaining to watch and why he's my favourite player. This kid isn't like Rob Schremp though, he hits, and he backchecks. Like the above poster said, he had a couple of good takeaways in the neutral zone and layed a couple of great hits.

Old
12-01-2012, 10:41 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
Ya I thought Kadri had a great game. He made one really slick move where he cut in from the right side and flicked the puck over the defenders stick and got a pretty good shot off. It's plays like that that make him so entertaining to watch and why he's my favourite player. This kid isn't like Rob Schremp though, he hits, and he backchecks. Like the above poster said, he had a couple of good takeaways in the neutral zone and layed a couple of great hits.
I personally loved his hit on foligno

Closed Thread