HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-mtl

Old
11-22-2012, 12:20 AM
KidLine93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Oh no? I'd check that statement.
yup just checked...he's 10th in scoring....not exactly in the same ball park as RNH. 9 BOYS are outscoring him. Plus i haven't heard anyone raving about Galchenyuks physical game so I'm assuming if he not dominating the scoresheet he should be doing something else to put him in the same category as RNH

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 12:28 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidLine93 View Post
yup just checked...he's 10th in scoring....not exactly in the same ball park as RNH. 9 BOYS are outscoring him. Plus i haven't heard anyone raving about Galchenyuks physical game so I'm assuming if he not dominating the scoresheet he should be doing something else to put him in the same category as RNH
Typical. He's playing at 2 ppg since his rusty start and has been one of if not the most dominant player in the OHL carrying Sarnia for the past month. Try watching him. Also, no one is saying he's as good as RNH right now.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 01:56 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Typical. He's playing at 2 ppg since his rusty start and has been one of if not the most dominant player in the OHL carrying Sarnia for the past month. Try watching him. Also, no one is saying he's as good as RNH right now.
It's equally ridiculous to say he will ever be as good. There's a small chance like any prospect, but its an absolutely tiny one

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 04:20 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSMITH View Post
To Edmonton:
Carey Price
Alex Galchenyuk

To Montreal:
RNH
Devan Dubnyk
Oscar Kelfbom
2nd 2014

Tell me what you think

Not a chance from the Habs.
Galchenyuk's potential is that of RNH.
That leaves Price a top 5 Goalie for A backup goalie,A defensive prospect of which we have many of and i may add we have better of and a 2nd rd pick which is what it is.
This would be highway robbery by the Oilers.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 05:48 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Take Klefbomb and the 2nd out and I still say HELL no.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 06:43 AM
CP31

Quote:
RNH in second full junior season: 1.54 PPG

Galchenyuk in second full junior season (so far): 1.59 PPG

CP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 06:56 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Nope, wrong. He's tied for 7th and everyone that's ahead of him has played more games than he has. And except for his slow start, he's been putting up pretty much 2 ppg.

Besides, it's not like RNH led the league in scoring when he was in juniors, he finished in 4th place.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 07:21 AM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
RNH in second full junior season: 1.54 PPG

Galchenyuk in second full junior season (so far): 1.59 PPG
Keywords are so far and a very important piece is the difference in their ages. You can compare Hopkins pre-draft season to Galchenyuks or Gallys post-draft season at an older age to Hopkins last junior season which was prior to his selection. Skew it how you want. I'm impressed with Galchenyuks season thus far though.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 07:22 AM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Easy no from montreal. Price trumps any other piece in this deal easily. but to those saying Gally has comparable potential to RNH....give me a break.

Gally is already 6'2 205 and he's not dominating Juniors...hes among the top scores playing against boys
RNH can barely grow facial hair still..is sitting at 185 right now and he's 3rd in AHL scoring against men..Gally would have to make some major jumps in the future while RNH plateaus for Gally to be on RNH's level.. Its like trying to compare Huberdeau to Taylor Hall...not even close
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/stats/show

Strome, Ritchie and Griffith are pretty obvious choices to be top 3 in points. They are on beast teams and older that Galchenyuk.

All the guys between him and 4th in points have 2 or 3 games more played and are 1 or 2 points ahead. His team is mediocre and he still has 1.59 point per game average. RNH had a 1.53 point per game average in his 3rd OHL season. I wouldnt say that RNH and Gally are that far apart.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
To Edmonton:
Carey Price
Alex Galchenyuk

To Montreal:
RNH
Devan Dubnyk
Oscar Kelfbom
2nd 2014

Tell me what you think
Edmonton jumps on that like a hungry lion on a piece of meat but Montreal laughs it off.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 08:08 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Nope, wrong. He's tied for 7th and everyone that's ahead of him has played more games than he has. And except for his slow start, he's been putting up pretty much 2 ppg.

Besides, it's not like RNH led the league in scoring when he was in juniors, he finished in 4th place.
actually, he finished in a tie for 3rd in league scoring and you conveniently left out the fact he led the WHL in assists with 75. the two players that finished ahead of him have yet to make it to the NHL, and one of them hasn't even been drafted.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 08:11 AM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Keywords are so far and a very important piece is the difference in their ages. You can compare Hopkins pre-draft season to Galchenyuks or Gallys post-draft season at an older age to Hopkins last junior season which was prior to his selection. Skew it how you want. I'm impressed with Galchenyuks season thus far though.
Galchenyuk missed a full season of development so its pretty fair.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:15 AM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Everyone ahead of him in points other than Monahan who has 1 more point in 2 more games, are OLDER than him. What BOYS are outscoring him? And other than having a better ppg than RNH had at this time(3rd season), he is playing well defensively and when he is on the ice, he takes over the game. Try watching him and look at the stats before making these type of comments.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:38 AM
broc

Most MTL fans think Galy will be = RNH in a year or 2, so that leaves Price for Klefbom, Dubnyk and not even a first round pick. That offer is not in Prices stratosphere if I'm MTL.

Awful for The Habs, from this outsider.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 08:50 AM
jpchabby

I agree Galchenyuk might not end up getting as many points per game in the NHL as the Nuge, but I think he will bring a lot more physically than Nugent-Hopkins ever will. There playing styles just won't be the same, and their value might end up being pretty much the same.

Considering Price is definitely a top 10 goalie in the league, and perhaps top 5 at some point, I would never do this trade, as a hab...

But I know Nugent-Hopkins is good, I don't think I'm underrating him. But if he ends up being a 90 point player and Galchenyuk a 75-80 point player, it's ridiculous to believe Nugent-Hopkins' value is way higher then Gally's...

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchabby View Post
I agree Galchenyuk might not end up getting as many points per game in the NHL as the Nuge, but I think he will bring a lot more physically than Nugent-Hopkins ever will. There playing styles just won't be the same, and their value might end up being pretty much the same.

Considering Price is definitely a top 10 goalie in the league, and perhaps top 5 at some point, I would never do this trade, as a hab...

But I know Nugent-Hopkins is good, I don't think I'm underrating him. But if he ends up being a 90 point player and Galchenyuk a 75-80 point player, it's ridiculous to believe Nugent-Hopkins' value is way higher then Gally's...
pretty high expectations here... There were only 3 90 pt players last year and only a handful of 75-80 players... EDM will be happy if RNH becomes a 80 pt player and MTL should be happy with a 65-70 pt Galchenyuk.

65-70 pt players last year: Zetterberg\Parise, Datsyuk, Iginla, Kane, Richards, Ovechkin, Kane, Richards, Benn, Marleau , E.Staal etc..

as for the OP... EDM passes... RNH is going nowhere.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post
Most MTL fans think Galy will be = RNH in a year or 2, so that leaves Price for Klefbom, Dubnyk and not even a first round pick. That offer is not in Prices stratosphere if I'm MTL.

Awful for The Habs, from this outsider.
so is this outsider a Habs fan?
Most Oilers fan rate Klefbom very high as well.. a future top pairing Dman for us. Does that now make it awful for Oilers?

Old
11-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

A big NO from the Habs POV

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 09:32 AM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGARV View Post
Just don't see it, I think he is a tad overrated. Good defensive team in front of him with good but not great stats. Obviously he is solid and without a doubt a number 1 but at this point not worth a major center degrade and a great prospect. If you think he is tell me why not your arbitrary opinions.
Here's an EDM fan that vehemently disagrees with you. I'm not sure there is another goalie in the league I take over Price right now. People would argue guys like Lundqvist and Quick, but with Price's age and current abilities, I take him.

I guess I would do it, but giving up on RNH would hurt. I don't see Galy as the same level of player. The future will tell.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
Here's an EDM fan that vehemently disagrees with you. I'm not sure there is another goalie in the league I take over Price right now. People would argue guys like Lundqvist and Quick, but with Price's age and current abilities, I take him.

I guess I would do it, but giving up on RNH would hurt. I don't see Galy as the same level of player. The future will tell.
so forget the top spot, what exactly do you see in Price that makes him even a top 10 goalie in this league? How exactly is he bettter then tier 2 goalies like a Backstrom, Miller, Halak and Ward? His stats arent anywhere close to top 5 in any category and as an albertan I have seen Price get lit up by lowly Oilers and Flames many a times

Old
11-22-2012, 09:58 AM
IceDaddy
Bound for Glory

Quote:
To Edmonton:
Carey Price
Alex Galchenyuk

To Montreal:
RNH
Devan Dubnyk
Oscar Kelfbom
2nd 2014

Tell me what you think
if the pick was 1st in 2013, you would have my attention for sure.....

IceDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 10:07 AM
AJMHABS
Vanek!!!

Both sides easily say no.

AJMHABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 10:13 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
Both sides easily say no.
Agree ..
You guys have seen what Price can do and have great hopes for Galchenyuk.

EDM is content with giving Dubnyk a well deserved shot at being #1 and are hoping for Klefbom to shore up our D of future. We are also satisfied with what RNH has shown us thus far.

Time to just sit back and enjoy the development of talent each team already has.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:52 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
so forget the top spot, what exactly do you see in Price that makes him even a top 10 goalie in this league? How exactly is he bettter then tier 2 goalies like a Backstrom, Miller, Halak and Ward? His stats arent anywhere close to top 5 in any category and as an albertan I have seen Price get lit up by lowly Oilers and Flames many a times
So? It's a team game, The Canadiens have historically went into meltdown mode as soon as they hit the western road trip in December, it has never been kind to them so don't act like it's all on Carey. You simply just don't watch him enough to have an opinion on his play.

As for the 'tier 2' goaltenders. Backstrom: 34 years old and posted only marginally better stats on a team that had the best trapping coach of all time. Miller: 32 and has never been elite save for one season, many consider he is very overrated. Halak: they guy we traded to make room for Price, his backup had better numbers than him on a great team and a top D squad + defensive system. Ward: look at the poll but he is the closest to Price out of all these guys. As you can see everyone is older than Price and some of these guys even have worst stats on better teams. He is definitely in a tier above them and still hasn't reached his prime like they are in.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 10:59 AM
jpchabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
pretty high expectations here... There were only 3 90 pt players last year and only a handful of 75-80 players... EDM will be happy if RNH becomes a 80 pt player and MTL should be happy with a 65-70 pt Galchenyuk.

65-70 pt players last year: Zetterberg\Parise, Datsyuk, Iginla, Kane, Richards, Ovechkin, Kane, Richards, Benn, Marleau , E.Staal etc..

as for the OP... EDM passes... RNH is going nowhere.
I agree, but I guess if those are high expectations, they're high for both Nuge and Gally, so in the end my point still kind of stands...

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote