HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2012, 03:54 AM
ottawafan66

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
anyword what Clarke is doing with Seatter
Absolutely nothing. Making him pay for requesting a trade by not moving him. But he'll probably have to by Dec 1st.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:01 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
what is going on in raider land tonight??
Who was at the game last night? What the hell happened?

Old
11-22-2012, 08:33 AM
ZebraCritic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
SPANKED.....Ahhhhhh!

Old
11-22-2012, 09:05 AM
valleydude

Quote:
Absolutely nothing. Making him pay for requesting a trade by not moving him. But he'll probably have to by Dec 1st.
Brutal. Screw with a 17 year old's life, because you can.

Karma's a bi*ch, and you can only hope it comes back around on some of these owners/GM's....

Old
11-22-2012, 09:14 AM
overtheboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitans View Post

Karma's a bi*ch, and you can only hope it comes back around on some of these owners/GM's....
Why should GM trade a kid right away and get nothing of equal value in return ? Kid requested a trade cause he didnt like being in the top 6 fowards and being on the PP , so he can sit @ home and do nothing until clarke gets a fair deal , the kid wanted out , it wasnt clarke who wanted him too leave .

Old
11-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Too many injuries...no Norris, Nasca, Watt, Williams, Yarwood, Diaz....all top 3 line guys, most are top 2 lines......playing a good team in Ottawa and remaining of guys would have to be at thier best to win.

Ottawa is a good team, lots of speed up front and very solid defense plus Millen has played well. You have to play a good game to beat them and Nepean did not.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:18 AM
ZebraCritic

Quote:

WOW.....you are putting alot of faith in a poster on here, who I am sure knows absolutely nothing about the situation. Here's an idea, how about if you want some info on a league situation have the sac to place a phone call to the team or teams you have issues with.

The majority if not all the posters on here can only speculate what the heck is going on with a given team or maybe just maybe they know somebody that knows somebody within a team dynamic and get there kicks posting stuff on here. I'm sure there is a valid reason for Seatters situation and if there isn't, well I guess the lesson would be, There is a time and place for everything...my guessing is, his, his parents and his advisors timing was poor!

At this level it is a business, for the teams, their owners and believe it or not the players as well!

Old
11-22-2012, 09:29 AM
valleydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraCritic View Post
WOW.....you are putting alot of faith in a poster on here, who I am sure knows absolutely nothing about the situation. Here's an idea, how about if you want some info on a league situation have the sac to place a phone call to the team or teams you have issues with.

The majority if not all the posters on here can only speculate what the heck is going on with a given team or maybe just maybe they know somebody that knows somebody within a team dynamic and get there kicks posting stuff on here. I'm sure there is a valid reason for Seatters situation and if there isn't, well I guess the lesson would be, There is a time and place for everything...my guessing is, his, his parents and his advisors timing was poor!

At this level it is a business, for the teams, their owners and believe it or not the players as well!
And there it is, the standard answer:
In Junior Hockey: It's a business.
In Minor Hockey: I'm just a volunteer.

Both simple excuses for treating kids the way they do.

And what's with you guys who keep telling everyone that the posts here are all garbage and that no one should listen to any of it....yet you keep on posting and expect us to listen to you.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:40 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:

I'm the poster you're referring to, and it's YOU who seems to know nothing of the situation. Maybe you should take your own advice and make the phone calls to check the facts before attacking someone on this board. I personally know the Seatters and what I stated earlier is a fact.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:43 AM
ZebraCritic

Quote:
And there it is, the standard answer:
In Junior Hockey: It's a business.
In Minor Hockey: I'm just a volunteer.

Both simple excuses for treating kids the way they do.

And what's with you guys who keep telling everyone that the posts here are all garbage and that no one should listen to any of it....yet you keep on posting and expect us to listen to you.
The straight answer gotitans is "That it is a business"...do some investigation and see how much an owner spends a year on his/her team! In some cases owners spend thousands of dollars on a player via PDF, equipment, billets, travel, obtaining scholarships for players etc. Maybe what they should ask for in return is for the family of the player that wants out to pay back everything that has been put into the kid for his duration on the team.

What I do know is that if you look around the league more than a few players in the past couple of years have obtained NCAA scholarships due to these owners and gms that work tirelessly to assit these kids. CPC and JC got 8 kids scholarships last year alone and most likely would have gotten Seatter one as well. Check out the kid or the kids parents or the kids agent before you spout off on the owners and how THEY handle situations. You might be floored to find out how the team staff are treated by these folks on a consistant basis.

As far as your moronic statement about posters on here...go read my post again. I never once said a thing about posts being "garbage" If you don't like my posts then please feel free not to comment on them....In the mean time, proof read others posts before you go on a rant. It makes for better mor informed answers!

Old
11-22-2012, 09:47 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
The straight answer gotitans is "That it is a business"...do some investigation and see how much an owner spends a year on his/her team! In some cases owners spend thousands of dollars on a player via PDF, equipment, billets, travel, obtaining scholarships for players etc. Maybe what they should ask for in return is for the family of the player that wants out to pay back everything that has been put into the kid for his duration on the team.

What I do know is that if you look around the league more than a few players in the past couple of years have obtained NCAA scholarships due to these owners and gms that work tirelessly to assit these kids. CPC and JC got 8 kids scholarships last year alone and most likely would have gotten Seatter one as well. Check out the kid or the kids parents or the kids agent before you spout off on the owners and how THEY handle situations. You might be floored to find out how the team staff are treated by these folks on a consistant basis.

As far as your moronic statement about posters on here...go read my post again. I never once said a thing about posts being "garbage" If you don't like my posts then please feel free not to comment on them....In the mean time, proof read others posts before you go on a rant. It makes for better mor informed answers!
Talk about misinformed. The players got the scholarships, not Clarke. You give him more credit than he deserves. And I think you need to proof read your own posts before criticizing others.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Talk about misinformed. The players got the scholarships, not Clarke. You give him more credit than he deserves. And I think you need to proof read your own posts before criticizing others.
A lot of the time it is the coaches and other members of a team that greatly HELP the chances of a kid getting a scholarship. Look at pembroke they the majority of their players obtain at least a CIS,major junior or NCAA before they leave the team. Yes they are a good team but they generally year to year get more scholarships then other teams even tho they sit behind them in the standings. Only the best of the best players in the league get them just by playing, the average to above average players get them with help.

As for the seatter situation. get over it. this happens to tons of players every year he is no more special then anyone else

Old
11-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Drew2you

Congrats to Brockville Braves Dman, Brett Garvey, on getting a scholly to Clarkson. I thought he was the second Brave to get a scholly to Clarkson, but Ferriera is now listed as uncommited on Heisenberg

Old
11-22-2012, 10:08 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
A lot of the time it is the coaches and other members of a team that greatly HELP the chances of a kid getting a scholarship. Look at pembroke they the majority of their players obtain at least a CIS,major junior or NCAA before they leave the team. Yes they are a good team but they generally year to year get more scholarships then other teams even tho they sit behind them in the standings. Only the best of the best players in the league get them just by playing, the average to above average players get them with help.

As for the seatter situation. get over it. this happens to tons of players every year he is no more special then anyone else
Bit of an exaggeration maybe? Regardless of how may people it happens to, it doesn't make it right. What if it was your kid?

Old
11-22-2012, 10:09 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew2you View Post
Congrats to Brockville Braves Dman, Brett Garvey, on getting a scholly to Clarkson. I thought he was the second Brave to get a scholly to Clarkson, but Ferriera is now listed as uncommited on Heisenberg
I guess Hawkins gets all the credit.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:18 AM
BackBringCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
I heard Kanata might be on the move after this season to Arnprior. Don't know how true that is, but heard it from a pretty good source.

That's a good one

Old
11-22-2012, 10:28 AM
ZebraCritic

Quote:
I think I will stick by my former statement and add one thing....Of course the "Player" has something to do with obtaining a scholarship. That should just be assumed, or I thought it would be....I think you don't give enough credit to the Owners and Gms that have a hand in it, more than I think people realize.

As far as Seatter, i'm sure your close personal relationship with the family wouldn't bias your thougths on the situation one bit I'm eaqually sure you have spoke to Clarke and the rest of the coaching staff and the lot to see the other half of the story.

Thanks for responding, your input is greatly appreciated!

Old
11-22-2012, 10:29 AM
ZebraCritic

Quote:

An excellent, well informed post!

Old
11-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Bit of an exaggeration maybe? Regardless of how may people it happens to, it doesn't make it right. What if it was your kid?
I never said it was right...If its not your kid then stop complaining about it so much. I have seen and been 'close' to many kids that it has happened too. If they are going to play Jr hockey then they assume that it is a possibility...If they dont then they are naive.

Based on what you or someone else said before if he did not complain he would at least still be playing. He chose to play for the team to begin with

Old
11-22-2012, 01:25 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
I never said it was right...If its not your kid then stop complaining about it so much. I have seen and been 'close' to many kids that it has happened too. If they are going to play Jr hockey then they assume that it is a possibility...If they dont then they are naive.

Based on what you or someone else said before if he did not complain he would at least still be playing. He chose to play for the team to begin with
First of all, I haven't been complaining. Someone posted the question and I answered it. And I've heard from other kids who've played for JC in the past. He's not an easy man to play for.

Secondly, he didn't choose to play for them, he was protected and therefore has NO choice as to where he can play Junior A.

Please get your facts straight.

Last edited by ottawafan66: 11-22-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old
11-22-2012, 01:39 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
probably kujava
Your Rangers seem to be in a similar situation as CP. Who do you think stays? I'm guessing Rivers and Brind'amour.

Old
11-22-2012, 02:16 PM
CoasttoCoast

Walkley road massacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
Too many injuries...no Norris, Nasca, Watt, Williams, Yarwood, Diaz....all top 3 line guys, most are top 2 lines......playing a good team in Ottawa and remaining of guys would have to be at thier best to win.

Ottawa is a good team, lots of speed up front and very solid defense plus Millen has played well. You have to play a good game to beat them and Nepean did not.
Walkley Road Massacre
Wow, if that is'nt the bottom of the season, we better get off this ship now.
No Norris, no second line, Debrincat & Milito played forward, both I feel are in their top 4 defense. I would add that the top line has 1 goal in the last 8 periods of hockey + no Norris on the second line= 2 loses and a lucky win in Smith Falls.
It seems neither Smith Falls, with 1 win in 3 & Nepean 2 losses in a row are ready to pull away from the pack. I suspect we will still have a log jam at Christmas.

Norris not playing really noticeble on PP and second line.

Old
11-22-2012, 02:40 PM
valleydude

Quote:
First of all, I haven't been complaining. Someone posted the question and I answered it. And I've heard from other kids who've played for JC in the past. The guy's a tyrant.

Secondly, he didn't choose to play for them, he was protected and therefore has NO choice as to where he can play Junior A.

But isn't that how good businesses work. I know in my town MacDonalds get's to allocate certain kids out of Grade 9 from the local high school as MacDonald's employees. Then by grade 12, some only get a shift a month but tough, they should be thankful to have a job right. And forget about going across the street to Burger King because I will want a $10K CDF (that's chump development fee by the way) to transfer you. After all, I spent at least $70 on coffee watching you flip burgers in Major Bantam before attaching you to my business.

Old
11-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
First of all, I haven't been complaining. Someone posted the question and I answered it. And I've heard from other kids who've played for JC in the past. The guy's a tyrant.

he could ask for a trade before the season or sign in another league....i agree with your picks on goalies...rivers should be the starter

Old
11-22-2012, 07:49 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
But isn't that how good businesses work. I know in my town MacDonalds get's to allocate certain kids out of Grade 9 from the local high school as MacDonald's employees. Then by grade 12, some only get a shift a month but tough, they should be thankful to have a job right. And forget about going across the street to Burger King because I will want a $10K CDF (that's chump development fee by the way) to transfer you. After all, I spent at least $70 on coffee watching you flip burgers in Major Bantam before attaching you to my business.

Closed Thread