HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

Israel-Gaza conflict huge escalation

Old
11-21-2012, 04:17 PM
PricePkPatch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnywhite View Post
Too late!
Too late for what? Stopping the settling process?

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Johnnywhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Too late for what? Stopping the settling process?
Yes...& way too late to undo it, likely impossible.

Johnnywhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:23 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
I am not talking about "undoing it".

Let's just STOP IT. It's ongoing at the moment. More Palestinians are being kicked out of their houses to accommodate more jew zealots.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:27 PM
slip

Quote:
The great irony is that it is Israel who has made the "two-state" solution untenable. You're not moving 500,000 colonists without tremendous conflict and loss of life.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Johnnywhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
The great irony is that it is Israel who has made the "two-state" solution untenable. You're not moving 500,000 colonists without tremendous conflict and loss of life.
No irony at all, it was deliberate. This is the goal of Zionism...Gen 15.18, Theodor Herzl, Rabbi Fischmann.

Old
11-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
No irony at all, it was deliberate. This is the goal of Zionism...Gen 15.18, Theodor Herzl, Rabbi Fischmann.
Yawn...

Kurtosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Johnnywhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Yawn...
I assume you mean you have a solution outside the two state, one state solutions that are now clearly impossible since illegally colonising the West Bank has guaranteed that??

Old
11-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Stylizer1
Stone Cold Stunner

vCash: 709
Quote:
Invasion

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Islesin93*

oh wow, I thought the cease fire would last maybe about 3 days, looks like it only lasted an hour

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...310174,00.html

Islesin93* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Loose Sens
Drafting my Overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost35 View Post
that translates to:

Lets cut off Israel and leave Israel alone

Hopefully by allowing the Muslims to do whatever they want to the Israelis, that will mean peace for us
It's sad. Groups like Al-Qaeda have a LONG list and Israel is just one number on that long list.

Lets say Israel is gone tomorrow or even handed over to Al-Qaeda and other terrorists groups -> they'd still plot ways to commit mass-murder of Westerners, and they'd continue killing Muslims.

Personally, I don't think kowtowing to the interests of Islamic extremists is a good idea but if slip wants to offer his butthole to them, he can be my guest. I won't be offering mine.

Loose Sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
I assume you mean you have a solution outside the two state, one state solutions that are now clearly impossible since illegally colonising the West Bank has guaranteed that??
What is yours?

An addendum: I find it laughable you associate his view with all of those in the Israeli government. Kind of like the people that are vehemently against Hamas that most of your ilk deride as not being privy to their suffering. Face it both sides are in the wrong, but all the Sabre rattling and refusal to take into account both sides will make no solution possible.

Old
11-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Johnnywhite

Quote:
What is yours?

An addendum: I find it laughable you associate his view with all of those in the Israeli government. Kind of like the people that are vehemently against Hamas that most of your ilk deride as not being privy to their suffering. Face it both sides are in the wrong, but all the Sabre rattling and refusal to take into account both sides will make no solution possible.
There will be no solution, just low level warfare with all its horrors for the foreseeable future...this is as good as it gets, attack, respond & if it gets too hot, a bit of international hand wringing...rinse, wash, repeat. Don't bleat about supporting Hamas, Hezbollah or whoever, that's your fantasy.

Old
11-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
There will be no solution, just low level warfare with all its horrors for the foreseeable future...this is as good as it gets, attack, respond & if it gets too hot, a bit of international hand wringing...rinse, wash, repeat. Don't bleat about supporting Hamas, Hezbollah or whoever, that's your fantasy.
Not bleating about anything, in fact I share your same bleak outlook because I stopped putting faith in the human race a long time ago.

Old
11-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost35 View Post
oh wow, I thought the cease fire would last maybe about 3 days, looks like it only lasted an hour

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...310174,00.html
To expect all factions in Gaza/All rocket positions to get information within first few hours IMO given the attacks on infrastructure of Hamas/Gov IMO would be foolish

If Israel goes on offensive over this then they didn't really intend for CF

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun

vCash: 50
Quote:
Now I am just confused...

Degenerate is a word, so the reference doesn't really apply...
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Degenerate is a word.

It is an insult, it means an immoral or corrupt person.

Tim Calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 10:07 PM
PSUCapsFan

Quote:
Works for me. Israel keeps the advantage and more Jews return to Judea and Samaria. The Arabs have shown they are not interested in peace, why negotiate when you have the upper hand?

PSUCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 10:29 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUCapsFan View Post
Works for me. Israel keeps the advantage and more Jews return to Judea and Samaria. The Arabs have shown they are not interested in peace, why negotiate when you have the upper hand?
Good, I'm actually waiting for the people of the native Karuk Indian Tribe to come and kick you out of Irvine, it's their territory, once they get some international weapons support from a superpower like China it will be sooooooooo sweet to see them kick you and your family out on to the streets at gunpoint. And, if you and your fellow Irvinians try to fight back, let's hope they bomb the **** out of you with many civilian, women, and children casualties. Sounds fair to me.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 10:34 PM
slip

Quote:
Sygmunt Bauman, the Jewish sociologist and one of the greatest philosophers of our time, castigated Israel harshly this week, saying it did not want peace and was afraid of it.

Bauman said Israel was "taking advantage of the Holocaust to legitimize unconscionable acts," and compared the separation fence to the walls surrounding the Warsaw Ghetto, in which hundreds of thousands of Jews perished in the Holocaust.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...walls-1.381828

http://mondoweiss.net/2011/09/zygmun...d-pogroms.html

Old
11-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 1967
Quote:
It doesn't seem like either side in this conflict is interested in piece. Assassinating the Hamas leader was a totally counterproductive move. The timing of this conflict is also suspicious.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 01:23 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Gunderson View Post
It doesn't seem like either side in this conflict is interested in piece. Assassinating the Hamas leader was a totally counterproductive move. The timing of this conflict is also suspicious.
Not to mention the fact they are still building illegal settlements and not upholding the mandates of the UN...

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 03:51 AM
PSUCapsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Good, I'm actually waiting for the people of the native Karuk Indian Tribe to come and kick you out of Irvine, it's their territory, once they get some international weapons support from a superpower like China it will be sooooooooo sweet to see them kick you and your family out on to the streets at gunpoint. And, if you and your fellow Irvinians try to fight back, let's hope they bomb the **** out of you with many civilian, women, and children casualties. Sounds fair to me.
If the Karuks come i will gladly cede Irvine back to its rightful owners and accept a slightly less awesome life in Santa Ana.

PSUCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 08:33 AM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Who knows, maybe some day the Native Americans will get a museum in Washington depicting their holocaust, you know, since that one actually occurred here on these shores.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 1054
Quote:
Sygmunt Bauman, the Jewish sociologist and one of the greatest philosophers of our time, castigated Israel harshly this week, saying it did not want peace and was afraid of it.

Bauman said Israel was "taking advantage of the Holocaust to legitimize unconscionable acts," and compared the separation fence to the walls surrounding the Warsaw Ghetto, in which hundreds of thousands of Jews perished in the Holocaust.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...walls-1.381828

http://mondoweiss.net/2011/09/zygmun...d-pogroms.html
Haha what an idiot. The fence completely stopped the suicide bombing infiltration tactic the Arabs had been using to considerable effect. Bombings have dropped from daily event 10 years ago to rareity now, cuz of that fence.

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 09:31 AM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
Haha what an idiot. The fence completely stopped the suicide bombing infiltration tactic the Arabs had been using to considerable effect. Bombings have dropped from daily event 10 years ago to rareity now, cuz of that fence.
Oh, it was the fence. And here I though it was the missiles which rendered the bombers superfluous.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 1054
Quote:
Oh, it was the fence. And here I though it was the missiles which rendered the bombers superfluous.
At least you admit you are an ignoramus.

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote