HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evgeni Malkin

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2012, 06:05 PM
PensFan6687

vCash: 500
These threads are pointless, and more than that, ridiculous. A bunch of armchair GMs arguing about something that isn't even in their control. I do enjoy reading them for the laughs. Seeing people getting their panties twisted in a knot, over a fantasy. lol

Old
11-12-2012, 06:08 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
To the KHL, 10 years 175 million. Some oil tycoon will offer it, will he go is the question.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
To the KHL, 10 years 175 million. Some oil tycoon will offer it, will he go is the question.
Considering Malkin has gone on record multiple times about wanting to stay in Pittsburgh and win more Cups, and no scoring champ has ever left in his prime to go play in a Euro league, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet he'll stay.

Can't blame fans of other teams for a little wishful thinking, though.

Last edited by Rowdy Roddy Peeper: 11-12-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old
11-12-2012, 07:41 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Well, you're wrong.
you got me there.Well done prove me so wrong oh wait you havent done anything to prove me wrong i took your so called bet and i am willing to bet that ur the so called wrong one king would never disamantle there team to pick up sid and malkin

Old
11-12-2012, 07:53 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
'Your' was a blanket statement about Leafs fans who think Penguins fans are being unrealistic. Only the first part of my post was in reference to yours.

Not at all i ve been saying there unrealistic since post 102 where i saw it would take at least drew and kopitar to get a injuryed sid. If u think la would trade there top two players for a injured sid your smoking some good stuff for sure. I ve also seen pitts fans try and say brown carter richards and voynov and 2 frists no cup winning team is ever trying that much period. No player is worth that much especially with 8.7 million contract for that long peroid

Old
11-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
you got me there.Well done prove me so wrong oh wait you havent done anything to prove me wrong i took your so called bet and i am willing to bet that ur the so called wrong one king would never disamantle there team to pick up sid and malkin
Listen, I'm not a grammar/spelling nazi, but I gave up the ghost here a ways back.

Believe that teams wouldn't want Malkin and Crosby on manageable deals if you want to, since there's literally no way to prove it one way or the other. I won't waste time trying to convince you of something that common sense should dictate.

Best wishes.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:14 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Listen, I'm not a grammar/spelling nazi, but I gave up the ghost here a ways back.

Believe that teams wouldn't want Malkin and Crosby on manageable deals if you want to, since there's literally no way to prove it one way or the other. I won't waste time trying to convince you of something that common sense should dictate.

Best wishes.
I ll be willing to go this far There would be some teams willing to give up whatever needed to get them because they need them. Right now i personally think that the kings wouldnt. They just won a cup and have the one of the best center depth in the league. they dont need sid or malkin there more then happy with kopitar richards stoll fraser with carter ready to step in should there be a injury to the big two. A team can be happy without ur "stars" This is a team that grew together and have no need for sid or malkin I personally think that there over paid and with the cap more then likely going down its going to make it harder and harder to fit other players in. That going to be a fact of numbers. that to me is the common sence of this sitiuation. Had u said most team i would have proberly not said anything It was the fact u said all teams and well the kings dont need nor want sid and malkin

best wishes back

Old
11-12-2012, 09:41 PM
SEALBound

I'm guessing he'd go for 2 good D prospects. Can never have too many d prospects.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
If I could be sure Malkin was locked in for long term I would offer up

Oshie
Stewart
Shattenkirk
Schwartz
1st

Or swap Stewart with Berglund

Old
11-22-2012, 12:33 AM
MightyMoose71

I'll put an offer from Phoenix just for the heck of it.

Oliver Ekmann Larsson
David Rundblad
Mikkel Boedker
2 First Round Picks
2 Second Rounds picks

I guess you could say that, but the penguins do already have a lot of defensemen

Old
11-22-2012, 12:37 AM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post

Oshie
Stewart
Shattenkirk
Schwartz
1st

Try Tarasenko + Pietrangelo +
Even then it's doubtful, STL just doesn't have the pieces.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:37 AM
MightyMoose71

Or if its an offer from the Leafs,

Phil Kessel
Jake Gardiner/Dion Phaneuf
Mark Owuya/Jussi Rynas/Ben Scrivens
Matt Finn/Stuart Percy
Nazem Kadri/Matt Frattin
Joe Colborne
1st round pick

That would be an offer pretty hard for shero to turn down, but would also probably ruin the Leafs..

Old
11-22-2012, 05:50 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Assuming the NHL gets their way gone are the days of those contracts of 10 years or more. If that happens what will Pittsburgh do with Evgeni Malkin? His contract is set to exipre at the end of the 2013-2014 season and after seeing Sidney Crosby sign a 12 year contract extension this past summer, chances are he won't get as long a term. So knowing that do you think he still stays with the Penguins or do they trade him 1 year before he is set to become a UFA like they did with Jordan Staal?
They sit down and talk to him and if signing him to a long term deal is an option, that is what they do, if Malkin is telling them he wants to move on then they trade him for a very good #2 center and a #1 D ideally.

Not that these would happen, but something like Richards and Doughty, Bergeron and Chara, or Backes and Pietrangelo would really be the absolute best thing they could do if they needed to move Malkin. Of course I am not so sure those teams would do those deals, but it is only an example anyway.

Last edited by nmbr_24: 11-22-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old
11-22-2012, 07:43 AM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
I think they do have the pieces. They have some very intriguing pieces on their NHL team, and a pretty well stocked prospect cupboard. Pietrangelo and Tarasenko are two phenomenal pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post

Oshie
Stewart
Shattenkirk
Schwartz
1st

You aren't getting Malkin without Pietrangelo involved in the deal.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:05 AM
od71

It's a lot of fun to read this thread. There is no other thread on HFboards like this one.

Old
11-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
Get lost. The original package was fantastic. And I wouldn't even offer that. If Shero would call Armstrong and ask for both he'd get laughed out of town.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:17 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Get lost. The original package was fantastic. And I wouldn't even offer that. If Shero would call Armstrong and ask for both he'd get laughed out of town.
Doubtful. Generational scoring champion, league MVP centers could fetch almost anything, and prove worth whatever package pretty much every time.

Malkin is the best player in that deal by a good margin. Even if Tarasenko and Pietro are involved.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Doubtful. Generational scoring champion, league MVP centers could fetch almost anything, and prove worth whatever package pretty much every time.

Malkin is the best player in that deal by a good margin. Even if Tarasenko and Pietro are involved.
I never said he wasn't the best player in the deal. In a vacuum Malkin>>Tarasenko and Pietrangelo. In the real world, to the Blues, based on salary constraints and team Style. Pietrangelo and Tarasenko> Malkin. If losing Pietrangelo wouldn't cripple the Blues I would gladly Trade Pietrangelo for Malkin. But the other piece would not be Tarasenko. It would be Schwartz plus a 1st.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
I never said he wasn't the best player in the deal. In a vacuum Malkin>>Tarasenko and Pietrangelo. In the real world, to the Blues, based on salary constraints and team Style. Pietrangelo and Tarasenko> Malkin. If losing Pietrangelo wouldn't cripple the Blues I would gladly Trade Pietrangelo for Malkin. But the other piece would not be Tarasenko. It would be Schwartz plus a 1st.
And it would be rejected in short order.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
And it would be rejected in short order.
So be it

Old
11-22-2012, 12:49 PM
cgf

2 of Duchene/Staz/O'Reilly
any winger or 2 not named Gabriel
Picks out the ass

Old
11-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
Just because Malkin is worth some of these players doesn't mean he would return them in this hypothetical situation. If Malkin NEEDS out you take what you can get. As good as Malkin is GMs won't destroy their franchise for him. Again this is all based on te hypothetical situation posted in OP so no need to flip out on me for this post.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:54 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I think we exhausted all discussion here. This won't happen and we are starting to go down hill.

Closed Thread