HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Tracking the Locked Out Jets

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2012, 01:39 PM
  #376
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,251
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Don't disagree. But that says to me anyway, that we have a bunch of hard working, lunch bucket types, who can't score - in St John's, right now. Burmi might be doing 'fine' but then our depth of quality point producers, at the AHL level, right now is low.

Also makes you wonder if Machcek is ready to take the step.
That would totally be a logical assumption or hypothesis to make based on the evidence as we see it right now.

Which is why as Grind mentioned, in Burmistrovs case anyway, it's probably more important to consider his overall play, and observations from his coach (which are overwhelmingly positive) over the stats on this small sample size.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 02:02 PM
  #377
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
That would totally be a logical assumption or hypothesis to make based on the evidence as we see it right now.

Which is why as Grind mentioned, in Burmistrovs case anyway, it's probably more important to consider his overall play, and observations from his coach (which are overwhelmingly positive) over the stats on this small sample size.
The powerplay numbers likely bother me the most. Especially, having some time 6 on 3 - with no goals. As a team.

That's where Burmi and others will have some room to move, be creative and score. Either the PP set-up is easy to defend, or the Caps don't have anyone to bury the biscuit. I'm sure Burmi is his creative self, but maybe has no one to feed.

Bob E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 02:52 PM
  #378
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 4,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
The powerplay numbers likely bother me the most. Especially, having some time 6 on 3 - with no goals. As a team.

That's where Burmi and others will have some room to move, be creative and score. Either the PP set-up is easy to defend, or the Caps don't have anyone to bury the biscuit. I'm sure Burmi is his creative self, but maybe has no one to feed.
based on the comments in the papers and from observers onhere, that seems tobe exactly the case. Pretty dissapointing as i'd really hoped Telegin and Klingberg would have enough finish to click well with Burmi.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 03:19 PM
  #379
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,251
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
The powerplay numbers likely bother me the most. Especially, having some time 6 on 3 - with no goals. As a team.

That's where Burmi and others will have some room to move, be creative and score. Either the PP set-up is easy to defend, or the Caps don't have anyone to bury the biscuit. I'm sure Burmi is his creative self, but maybe has no one to feed.
Agreed. Really wish we had more Ice Caps feeds. Or maybe we need to hear from more fans in St. Johns?

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 03:42 PM
  #380
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌
 
Mathil8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 470
vCash: 1117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
The powerplay numbers likely bother me the most. Especially, having some time 6 on 3 - with no goals. As a team.

That's where Burmi and others will have some room to move, be creative and score. Either the PP set-up is easy to defend, or the Caps don't have anyone to bury the biscuit. I'm sure Burmi is his creative self, but maybe has no one to feed.
From what I've witnessed in the games I've watched (~5) Burmi has had some beautiful feeds to other players (especially when on the powerplay), the problem is the other players' finishes... I'm looking at you little speed merchant.

Mathil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 03:50 PM
  #381
Jet
Moderator
Chevel-takesadayoff
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Posts: 17,234
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
Zach Bogosian?
Exactly. Some guys just have a hiccup on their way. Who knows if Burmistrov will figure it out at the NHL level and become an offensive threat. All I know is it is way too early to give up on him.

__________________
The Olympic Line
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 07:40 PM
  #382
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,439
vCash: 50
Well Burmi was involved with every goal tonight and received 2A for his effort.
1st: ripped a nice shot from the point that was deflected by Sawada
2nd: right after O`Dell won the faceoff, Burmi passed it to Meech at the opposite point who had an empty lane to shoot and score
3rd: won a board battle to send it to the D (Arsene) who passed to Melchiori and Jaff deflected Melchiori's shot in.

Overall great game by Burmi!!

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 09:10 PM
  #383
ps241
The Danish Dash!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,866
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Well Burmi was involved with every goal tonight and received 2A for his effort.
1st: ripped a nice shot from the point that was deflected by Sawada
2nd: right after O`Dell won the faceoff, Burmi passed it to Meech at the opposite point who had an empty lane to shoot and score
3rd: won a board battle to send it to the D (Arsene) who passed to Melchiori and Jaff deflected Melchiori's shot in.

Overall great game by Burmi!!
That's our boy!!!

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 11:51 PM
  #384
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,439
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
That's our boy!!!
Now to start some real controversy...

I tweeted to Pronman: Scheifele vs. Burmistrov
Pronman tweeted back: Burmistrov
Truck then replied: Upside, now or both?
... we haven't goten a reply yet :p

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 08:05 PM
  #385
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,658
vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Exactly. Some guys just have a hiccup on their way. Who knows if Burmistrov will figure it out at the NHL level and become an offensive threat. All I know is it is way too early to give up on him.
Really thought Burmi would be tearing up the AHL by now, 2 goals in 17 games is pretty dismal any way you look at it.

Don't know why McCambridge keeps playing him on the point on the PP, don't know if that's the best way for him to develop.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 08:44 AM
  #386
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,251
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Really thought Burmi would be tearing up the AHL by now, 2 goals in 17 games is pretty dismal any way you look at it.

Don't know why McCambridge keeps playing him on the point on the PP, don't know if that's the best way for him to develop.
I agree with you on the PP thing. Burmi seems like a decent fit to be on the half wall to me.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 09:09 AM
  #387
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Really thought Burmi would be tearing up the AHL by now, 2 goals in 17 games is pretty dismal any way you look at it.

Don't know why McCambridge keeps playing him on the point on the PP, don't know if that's the best way for him to develop.
It is a somewhat concerning, but not all that much. You can tell he is all over the ice, just can't catch a break right now. And he is far from the only player struggling...
Alex Burmistrov - 17 - 2 - 7 - 9
Compared to some guys who are more or less established NHLers as well...
Mattias Tedenby - 10 - 2 - 2 - 4
Zack Kassian - 14 - 4 - 4 - 8
Chris Kreider - 13 - 2 - 6 - 8
Dwight King - 11 - 1 - 5 - 6
Andrei Loktionov - 12 - 4 - 5 - 9
Devante Smith-Pelly - 15 - 1 - 6 - 7
Magnus Paarjarvi - 16 - 2 - 8 - 10
Jaden Schwartz - 16 - 4 - 3 - 7
Luke Adam - 14 - 2 - 3 - 5
Andrew Shaw - 10 - 1 - 3 - 4
And a few of the top prospects the AHL has to offer this year...
Mark Stone - 7 - 1 - 4 - 5
Mika Zibanejad - 13 - 1 - 4 - 5
Tanner Pearson - 14 - 3 - 2 - 5
Emerson Etem - 15 - 3 - 0 - 3
Zemgus Girgensons - 15 - 1 - 3 - 4
J.T. Brown - 10 - 1 - 5 - 6
Joe Colborne - 13 - 1 - 5 - 6

Obviously I cherry picked my stats, but the point is that there are guys struggling right now to put up points, it's just the way it goes. I am not too concerned for now.

__________________



Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 11-22-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 12:31 PM
  #388
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,317
vCash: 50
Just gonna give some hockey 101 here but center's don't tend to be goal scorers. [mod] Hope that helps.


Last edited by Jet: 11-22-2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: not necessary
JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 01:08 PM
  #389
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,658
vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Just gonna give some hockey 101 here but center's don't tend to be goal scorers. [mod] Hope that helps.
Top two goal scorers in the NHL last season both centers, top six out of nine all time goal scorers were centers. But you are correct, as of late most goal scoring is done by wingers.

More, 12 of top 30 all time goal scorers were centers, 29 of top 60 were centers...


Last edited by Jet: 11-22-2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: eqp
sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 01:21 PM
  #390
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,658
vCash: 1989
97 of the 221 goals the Jets scored last season were scored by a center, I can go on.

What were we even talking about before?

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 01:26 PM
  #391
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,317
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Top two goal scorers in the NHL last season both centers, top six out of nine all time goal scorers were centers. But you are correct, as of late most goal scoring is done by wingers.

More, 12 of top 30 all time goal scorers were centers, 29 of top 60 were centers...
You can't bring up stamkos and Malkin those guys are outliers. Same with greatests of all time. Obviously those players all had to be great goalscorers to get to the top. Burmi will never be anything close to those guys at center and comparing him to there tier of player is frankly unfair to Burmi. Those are the elite of the elite.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 03:15 PM
  #392
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!
 
broinwhyteridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 50
If Ron Hainsey never brings his whining back to the city I'll be happy.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:29 PM
  #393
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,342
vCash: 264
There's the St. John's thread to discuss Burmistrov's play, we don't need it being cross-posted in a different thread.

Just to be clear, I have no problem with this thread being used to discuss player performance during the lockout. What I do have a problem is identical discussions being carried out in two different threads at once, which is essentially spam.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:33 PM
  #394
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,658
vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
There's the St. John's thread to discuss Burmistrov's play, we don't need it being cross-posted in a different thread.
So we can talk about all the other Jets except Burmi in this thread? Seems perfectly reasonable to include him under a thread called Tracking the locked out Jets. Don't know if many of the regulars here follow the Ice Caps thread.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:38 AM
  #395
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,342
vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
So we can talk about all the other Jets except Burmi in this thread? Seems perfectly reasonable to include him under a thread called Tracking the locked out Jets. Don't know if many of the regulars here follow the Ice Caps thread.
I never said the bolded. What I said is that we're not going to cross-post the exact same debate in two separate threads. Hope that helps.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:02 AM
  #396
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,822
vCash: 500
http://www.pelicans.fi/tsekkien-t%C3...ti-pelicansiin
;
Google translate kinda made a mess of it, but basically Pavelec has signed with Lahti Pelicans of the SM-Liiga.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:29 AM
  #397
Mara
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
http://www.pelicans.fi/tsekkien-t%C3...ti-pelicansiin
;
Google translate kinda made a mess of it, but basically Pavelec has signed with Lahti Pelicans of the SM-Liiga.
The contract lasts 6 games, might be a few more after that. It's basically a quick fix to an acute goalie problem. AFAIK Pelicans will sign Antti Niemi at the end of December/early January if the lockout persists.

Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 03:17 PM
  #398
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
The contract lasts 6 games, might be a few more after that. It's basically a quick fix to an acute goalie problem. AFAIK Pelicans will sign Antti Niemi at the end of December/early January if the lockout persists.
Ok, thanks for the info, I saw something in there about 6 games but the translator did not make any sense

Anyways, here's an updated table tracking our wayward babes...

PlayerTeamLeagueGP GAPTSPIM+/-
Alexei Ponikarovsky Donbass KHL 23 4 11 15 14 -1
Nik Antropov Barys Astana KHL 18 2 6 8 17 -1
Blake Wheeler EHC Munchen DEL 6 1 6 7 25 +3
Antti Miettinen HPK SM-liiga 4 2 0 2 6 -1
Tobias Enstrom EC Salzburg AUS 5 1 0 1 4 -3
Evander Kane Dinamo Minsk KHL 12 1 0 1 47 -8

PlayerTeamLeagueGP RECORDGAASVPSO
Ondrej Pavelec Bili Tygri Liberec CZE 14 4-10-0 3.50 .896 0
Ondrej Pavelec Pelicans SM-Liiga 0 0-0-0 0.00 .000 0

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 03:45 PM
  #399
ps241
The Danish Dash!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,866
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Ok, thanks for the info, I saw something in there about 6 games but the translator did not make any sense

Anyways, here's an updated table tracking our wayward babes...

PlayerTeamLeagueGP GAPTSPIM+/-
Alexei Ponikarovsky Donbass KHL 23 4 11 15 14 -1
Nik Antropov Barys Astana KHL 18 2 6 8 17 -1
Blake Wheeler EHC Munchen DEL 6 1 6 7 25 +3
Antti Miettinen HPK SM-liiga 4 2 0 2 6 -1
Tobias Enstrom EC Salzburg AUS 5 1 0 1 4 -3
Evander Kane Dinamo Minsk KHL 12 1 0 1 47 -8

PlayerTeamLeagueGP RECORDGAASVPSO
Ondrej Pavelec Bili Tygri Liberec CZE 14 4-10-0 3.50 .896 0
Ondrej Pavelec Pelicans SM-Liiga 0 0-0-0 0.00 .000 0
thanks for the update Holden

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 04:07 PM
  #400
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 4,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Ok, thanks for the info, I saw something in there about 6 games but the translator did not make any sense

Anyways, here's an updated table tracking our wayward babes...

PlayerTeamLeagueGP GAPTSPIM+/-
Alexei Ponikarovsky Donbass KHL 23 4 11 15 14 -1
Nik Antropov Barys Astana KHL 18 2 6 8 17 -1
Blake Wheeler EHC Munchen DEL 6 1 6 7 25 +3
Antti Miettinen HPK SM-liiga 4 2 0 2 6 -1
Tobias Enstrom EC Salzburg AUS 5 1 0 1 4 -3
Evander Kane Dinamo Minsk KHL 12 1 0 1 47 -8

PlayerTeamLeagueGP RECORDGAASVPSO
Ondrej Pavelec Bili Tygri Liberec CZE 14 4-10-0 3.50 .896 0
Ondrej Pavelec Pelicans SM-Liiga 0 0-0-0 0.00 .000 0
based off this list, we should all infer, with 100% accuracey, that Blake Wheeler, Alexie Ponikarovsky, and Aunty Mittens our unequivocally our best players. Evander Kane is obviously the worst of the bunch.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.