HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXIV - November Rain

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2012, 12:11 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
http://www2.tsn.ca/window/podcastcen...id=14045&id=17

I know we all had our problems with Pierre during the playoffs but boy, during the first ten-fifteen minutes of the podcast it's all the poor guy could do to avoid breaking down in tears. It was actually kinda sad listening to his exacerbation over the whole process, he's speaking for a lot of people.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Bleedred
Gomer!

vCash: 500
I don't really hate Pierre too much. He's kinda annoying. By himself I can't complain too much, but with Olczyk he's pretty Al Trautwig brutal! Is all 60 minutes of this an interview with Pierre? I'm starting it now.

Get Leipold, and Jacobs out of this, and I think it gets done. Well there's still Fehr, but I firmly believe Leipold, and Jacobs are a big part in holding this back.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Fayne Staley
Fire Lou and Conte

like i needed more reasons to hate Erik Cole..

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...nhls-rejection
Quote:
This (Hamrlik) is one guy out of 700-plus guys (in the NHLPA), this is the one guy who’s actually tried to have conversations with some of the guys we’ve skated with (during the lockout) and they’ve all just been, ‘Hammer, seriously, wake up.’

Now Hamrlik can't have an opinion because it's not the same as the other 699 players.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:26 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I don't really hate Pierre too much. He's kinda annoying. By himself I can't complain too much, but with Olczyk he's pretty Al Trautwig brutal! Is all 60 minutes of this an interview with Pierre? I'm starting it now.

Get Leipold, and Jacobs out of this, and I think it gets done. Well there's still Fehr, but I firmly believe Leipold, and Jacobs are a big part in holding this back.
I think it's just the first 15, I only listened to the initial half hour. Pierre did make a good point though, why did Bettman bring up the fact the owners were losing $18-20 million a day and the players were losing $8-10 million? Is that a message to someone? The hard-line owners in his own camp, maybe?

The only thing Pierre leaves out when he's talking about how the owners got cost certainty is that the players are constantly trying to take it away in these proposals with de-linkage. He's definitely pro-player but makes a lot of fair points.

Last edited by NJDevs26: 11-22-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old
11-22-2012, 12:37 AM
Bleedred
Gomer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post

Now Hamrlik can't have an opinion because it's not the same as the other 699 players.
I would bet there's other players, but they're gonna keep quiet.

I listened to the Pierre interview. He made a lot of sense. I can't say I like hearing some of it though. The way he's talking there isn't gonna be hockey for a long time.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:48 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

The guy after Pierre was pretty good too. Basically indicated that the hard-liners were taking over again because the moderates' offer getting shot down that quick proves the league doesn't want to negotiate.

It's sad my only hope for the process ending soon is the players decertifying, since that seemed to speed things up with the NFL and the NBA. Of course the NHL being what it is they'll find a way to screw that up too. I swear, this is the best game but the absolute worst-run. The NHL makes the US Government look like a well-oiled machine.

Old
11-22-2012, 01:11 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
What, mid-tweet? That's not how it works, Jeff.
I really hope he wasn't being serious with that, and just sarcastically saying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post

There are definitely other players who agree with Hamrlik, but don't want to say anything for fear of being made pariahs.

Old
11-22-2012, 01:17 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Cole basically admitted Hamrlik was sneered at when he did bring up his concerns privately. So what other recourse did he have to get his viewpoint taken seriously?

Old
11-22-2012, 01:22 AM
VaxjoDevil

What's the deal with having a ****ing village of players at a meeting? I assume they are not really talking, so they just sit there. Is that really a good idea?

Old
11-22-2012, 01:24 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
What's the deal with having a ****ing village of players at a meeting? I assume they are not really talking, so they just sit there. Is that really a good idea?
They just bring them so they can have staring contests with the similarly superfluous owners that show up.

Old
11-22-2012, 03:03 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Having guys like Jacobs and Leipold sitting across the table is no more productive, I assume.

From what I've been reading, they're sending in different players so they're all active and aware of the current gap between them and the owners.

Old
11-22-2012, 04:10 AM
MadDevil

Quote:
It's all part of the circus act. They look more united by having a bunch of different players show up to the meetings.

Now if they were really smart they'd tell the players to shut the **** up on twitter.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:02 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

That's what happens when you play games. You have to listen to everybody and you can't play a game of chicken when you have something reasonable + worth negotiating on the table.

Instead they probably said "shhh" and then did the same later which leads to Hamrlik forcing their hand now. By speaking out he's killed all unity claims and has made a HUGE (irreparable) pro-NHL/anti-PA move in the PR war. It's like losing Normandy. Here we go, ball's rolling.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Vote for Patty in the HF Favourite Player poll:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1296185

Old
11-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
I never knew what DECERTIFICATION would really do to the sport... I hope that is a route the NHLPA is using ONLY as a scare tactic...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-l..._gary_bettman/

Old
11-22-2012, 11:44 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

The NHL and NBA decertified to the best of my knowlege and nothing fundamentally changed about either sport, it led to the CBA being signed in both cases.

However I'm to the point where the NHL could **** up anything and make it a worst-case scenario.

Old
11-22-2012, 01:04 PM
StvBroDan
OH I'll Be Back

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...kL9TakxfHJgV2w

97.3 ESPN Will air live Operation Hat Trick from Atlantic City

Old
11-22-2012, 01:12 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

James Mirtle @mirtle
Roman Hamrlik: "This is nothing against any of the players. I stand with them. We are all together in this."

Fehr brainwashing machine on 100% usage

After so many players DISTANCED themselves from Hamrlik he says "we are all together in this". Great mess they're in now.

Old
11-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Hamrlik on Fehr: "I just think time is against us. We need the solution. This is a fight between two groups that have too much pride."

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Apparently Hamrlik has been saying similar things to players and agents over the past few months. Many have tried to convince him otherwise.

Last edited by Scottyk9: 11-22-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old
11-22-2012, 02:01 PM
kingkreizy

Dont know if its been posted and not really sure where to post it.. but..
Apperently Bobby Ryan is going to play in Mora in Allsvenskan(the swedish second division)

I dont think the SEL is happy about their decision to not have NHL players. Mora will now have a line with Anze Kopitar and Bobby Ryan, sounds fun.

Old
11-22-2012, 02:18 PM
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
The NHL and NBA decertified to the best of my knowlege and nothing fundamentally changed about either sport, it led to the CBA being signed in both cases.

However I'm to the point where the NHL could **** up anything and make it a worst-case scenario.
The NFL players decertified, but basically lost. They won the original ruling, lost the appeal though basically going back to square one. The NBA decertified, but it was settled shortly afterwards.

In this enviroment with these players decertification could end up being the nuclear option. If the llayers were succesfull I could see the league shutting down and reorganizing in an MLS model (the league owns everything and the owners become investors/operators of the larger league) to combat the antitrust suits. Last time the league floated that threat by inviting Bain Capital in to make a pitch about buying the whole league.

Old
11-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Fayne Staley
Fire Lou and Conte

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Quote:
Hamrlik on Erik Cole's comments: "I’m sure he got a nice signing bonus this summer so he didn’t sacrifice anything."

Old
11-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

Roman Jedlicka ‏@jedli
Roman Hamrlik is not alone w/ his opinion. #Caps goalie Michal Neuvirth just said for our TV NOVA Sport: "I agree 100% with Hammer. Llockout is not about majority of players, i think. It is about several superstars with big contracts.“

Old
11-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Roman Jedlicka ‏@jedli
Roman Hamrlik is not alone w/ his opinion. #Caps goalie Michal Neuvirth just said for our TV NOVA Sport: "I agree 100% with Hammer. Llockout is not about majority of players, i think. It is about several superstars with big contracts.“
Just to add to that.

Hamrlik on Erik Cole's comments: "I’m sure he got a nice signing bonus this summer so he didn’t sacrifice anything." lol

EDIT: got beat to it

Old
11-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Bravo to Hammer for not taking Cole's abuse

And Bravo to Neuvierth for his support and opinon

Closed Thread