*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2012, 12:02 AM
sbrug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but I don't think London will get either Sean Monahan or Cody Ceci, the only way is if they give up a ton. They definitely have their cupboards stocked but will it be worth it is the question. Horvat, Domi and Zadorov are pretty much untouchables. These are Ottawa's star players one prospect and 4 picks won't be sufficient.
Agreed. Ceci will not be in the OHL next year and Monahan is probably an unknown at this point. If NHL play resumes this year and Niagara loses Hamilton and Strome, then I'd like to see Hunter make a play for Brett Ritchie or Mitch Theoret.

As for the untouchables, I would agree with you on Domi, Horvat, and Zadorov. I also doubt Elie, Platzer or Liberati are available. Those 3 will be big contributors in the future. I would think, despite losses of Harrington, Hughes and possibly Maatta that London is going for it next year too. I think London's trade bait is Jammes, Pawley and draft picks which should fetch something good and doesn't hurt them up front. Remember, McCarron is in their plans.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:57 AM
tjziel

I think Chris Tierney, Remi Elie, Jacob James 3 second rounders, and a conditional 4th would be appealing.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:59 AM
tjziel

I think Chris Tierney, Remi Elie, Jacob James 3 second rounders, and a conditional 4th would be appealing.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:59 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjziel View Post
You sure you don't want the Knights to kick in their team bus and last year's OHL Championship banner?

Old
11-21-2012, 01:02 PM
aresknights

It is intersting to see the variance in what some fans (id say knowledgable O fans) think players would commnad in trades. Where it ends up I have no idea, Theres always moves that leave us thinking they paid way too much or wany too little. Itll depend on supply and demand, the NHL lockout et al

I have no idea who Mark may target but hell have a plan A-E and will look for value. He wont want to leave his cupboard (youngins and picks) so bare that they cant compete next year.

I still think hell pull off a move that leaves some wondering HOW? Hes got a lot of flexibility in what he can offer, and what direction he wants to go. I think hes in a great negotiating position because of that flexibility, he can be patient or walk away if its not to his liking. And hes got no owner to appease

Old
11-21-2012, 02:48 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
It is intersting to see the variance in what some fans (id say knowledgable O fans) think players would commnad in trades. Where it ends up I have no idea, Theres always moves that leave us thinking they paid way too much or wany too little. Itll depend on supply and demand, the NHL lockout et al

I have no idea who Mark may target but hell have a plan A-E and will look for value. He wont want to leave his cupboard (youngins and picks) so bare that they cant compete next year.

I still think hell pull off a move that leaves some wondering HOW? Hes got a lot of flexibility in what he can offer, and what direction he wants to go. I think hes in a great negotiating position because of that flexibility, he can be patient or walk away if its not to his liking. And hes got no owner to appease
I agree. Just to add to your post, I think London is in a similar position as last year. They have a top 3 team in the O and lots of young players and draft picks to trade if they want to add. the only difference this year is that it might cost more for players because it seems there are more "buyers" this year than last year. But the Knights are probably in the best position of any team with their deep prospect pool and future picks owned (2010 and 2011 drafts are looking like excellent drafts so far).

Old
11-21-2012, 03:12 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
I agree. Just to add to your post, I think London is in a similar position as last year. They have a top 3 team in the O and lots of young players and draft picks to trade if they want to add. the only difference this year is that it might cost more for players because it seems there are more "buyers" this year than last year. But the Knights are probably in the best position of any team with their deep prospect pool and future picks owned (2010 and 2011 drafts are looking like excellent drafts so far).
I agree totally. Knights are best poised for a serious trade or three and the price this year will be higher than usual. Question is when now.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:38 AM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
I was going to respond to this but I couldn't stop shaking my head uncontrollably for the past 24 hours.
Haha. Hunter never pays that much.

Example last years trade deadline:

To London:
Austin Watson
4th Round Pick
Brett Cook
Tyson Teichmann
Gregg McKegg

To Elsewhere:
Chase Hatcher (Often still a healthy scratch)
Dane Fox (had personal troubles in London and has yet to play a game this season due to injury)
Troy Donnay
2nd Round Pick (London)
2nd Round Pick (Sudbury)
2nd Round Pick (Mississauga)

Elie=Untouchable
Jammes could go if he's not seeing icetime.

As far as the picks? do you realize how much value that is? To give you an idea our last 3 2nd rounders include: Alex Broadhurst, Owen MacDonald and Ian Jenkins Lot of value there.

What I'm saying is Mark Hunter doesn't usually part with his young promising people like Elie.

He better be getting Connor MacDavid in return.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:50 AM
KnightsInsider93

Based on Last Years value for McKegg and Watson. If Ottawa ends up being the dance partner I'm going to say this is the trade:

To London:
Cody Ceci
Sean Monahan

To Ottawa:
Jacob Jammes
Chris Tierney
4 2nd Rounders

Old
11-22-2012, 10:52 AM
tourlord*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Based on Last Years value for McKegg and Watson. If Ottawa ends up being the dance partner I'm going to say this is the trade:

To London:
Cody Ceci
Sean Monahan

To Ottawa:
Jacob Jammes
Chris Tierney
4 2nd Rounders
Seriously? No way

Old
11-22-2012, 11:03 AM
tjziel

Quote:
I was going to respond to this but I couldn't stop shaking my head uncontrollably for the past 24 hours.
Haha. Hunter never pays that much.

Example last years trade deadline:

To London:
Austin Watson
4th Round Pick
Brett Cook
Tyson Teichmann
Gregg McKegg

To Elsewhere:
Chase Hatcher (Often still a healthy scratch)
Dane Fox (had personal troubles in London and has yet to play a game this season due to injury)
Troy Donnay
2nd Round Pick (London)
2nd Round Pick (Sudbury)

Elie=Untouchable
Jammes could go if he's not seeing icetime.

As far as the picks? do you realize how much value that is? To give you an idea our last 3 2nd rounders include: Alex Broadhurst, Owen MacDonald and Ian Jenkins Lot of value there.

What I'm saying is Mark Hunter doesn't usually part with his young promising people like Elie.

He better be getting Connor MacDavid in return.
I'm not disagreeing with you but remember how much we had to get John Tavares and Michael Del Zotto, and Darryl Borden?
We gave up Christian Thomas (OHL 1st round pick), Michael Zador (OHL 1st round pick), and Scott Valentine (OHL 2nd round pick), 4 second round picks and two third round picks.
I'm not saying Sean Monahan is par with John Tavares, but you have to give up assets to get assets. They are two of Ottawa's best stars on the team. Most likely there would be another player in the deal as well (like Steven Janes or Tyler Graovic) added to the deal.

Old
11-22-2012, 11:22 AM
tourlord*

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing with you but remember how much we had to get John Tavares and Michael Del Zotto, and Darryl Borden?
We gave up Christian Thomas (OHL 1st round pick), Michael Zador (OHL 1st round pick), and Scott Valentine (OHL 2nd round pick), 4 second round picks and two third round picks.
I'm not saying Sean Monahan is par with John Tavares, but you have to give up assets to get assets. They are two of Ottawa's best stars on the team. Most likely there would be another player in the deal as well (like Steven Janes or Tyler Graovic) added to the deal.
Hope was also in that deal

Old
11-22-2012, 12:05 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:

To London:
Cody Ceci
Sean Monahan

To Ottawa:
Jacob Jammes
Chris Tierney
4 2nd Rounders
This is laughable. I applaud Hunter if he can get anything remotely close to this. IMO, Domi or Horvat + AT LEAST 2 of Elie, Jammes, Tierney + boat load of picks (2nds) would need to be the starting point if you want BOTH Monahan and Ceci

Old
11-22-2012, 01:20 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:

To London:
Cody Ceci
Sean Monahan

To Ottawa:
Jacob Jammes
Chris Tierney
4 2nd Rounders
Let me ask you this, If you're Ottawa's GM would you accept this because I for sure wouldn't.

Old
11-22-2012, 02:31 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Let me ask you this, If you're Ottawa's GM would you accept this because I for sure wouldn't.
No way, I wouldn't take it. It would have to include a Horvat in there for sure.

Old
11-22-2012, 03:00 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
No way, I wouldn't take it. It would have to include a Horvat in there for sure.
My thoughts exactly. In order for me to give you both those players I would want Horvat, Elie, Tierney, Jammes and picks. Sean Monahan will be back in the OHL next year. These are both NHL first round picks.

Old
11-22-2012, 03:32 PM
onetimer00

I was kinda hoping Sarnia Stings would not make the playoffs this year and we would go after Charles Sarault. He would be the most interesting overager out there, if he's available.

Monahan is not going anywhere IMO. And if Ottawa would consider trading him, he would be to $$$.

I say, don't trade anyone yet, specially some key 1995 players. Guys, this team now by next year, we are going to be the dominant team in the CHL. If Herbst is all we hear he is.

Old
11-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:

To London:
Cody Ceci
Sean Monahan

To Ottawa:
Jacob Jammes
Chris Tierney
4 2nd Rounders
For Ceci and Graovac... maybe... depends on how Ottawa sees Jammes and Tierney, of course, but Monahan as an OHL superstar likely to return next season carries a much larger trade value IMHO. Or should, anyway.

Old
11-22-2012, 05:15 PM
aresknights

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. In order for me to give you both those players I would want Horvat, Elie, Tierney, Jammes and picks. Sean Monahan will be back in the OHL next year. These are both NHL first round picks.
Ya never know. I believe part of the reason Mark paid so much in their Tavares/DelZotto deal was that they thought DelZotto would be back and theyd get a full year outta him or br able to flip him to recoup some of that bounty. The knights unfortunatley saw DelZotto unexpectadly make the Rangers.
That trade may also be cause for Mark to pass if the price goes ski high. You just dont know anymore if someone will stick in the show outta camp

Old
11-22-2012, 05:22 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
In no way am I suggesting that Ottawa wouldnt ask but if Bos the deal breaker (Domis not moving either) I gotta think Mark passes and looks elsewhere (there would be a riot at the "new" Gardens lol)

Marks proven to be a very astute trader the last few years. Hell find value somewhere without giving away next years shot at competing for a league title.
He has a boat load of quality young players and decent picks to get something done. There will only be so many buyers come Jan, and Marks squad and assets will allow him flexibity in deciding what he does. He could just lay in the weeds, wait til others scoop the highest priced guys and comes after picking up great value when no one is left to bid (ala Watson) OR just make a minor move or two and hope its enough and save the big buys for next year and year after. Who knows.

If someone could promise a Memorial Cup Id let Bo go but we all know there are no gaurantees.

Last edited by aresknights: 11-22-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old
11-22-2012, 05:27 PM
aresknights

Heres a thought and in no way do I think a reality, but its an option.

Mark flips Harrington (and maybe Hughes), and really loads up for runs 14 (OHL host) and 15 when Domi, Horvat, Rups, Anderson, Platz, Anderson, Pawley, Elie, Tierney, Liberati, Dilorenzo, Herbst et al are 19ish. You may lose a couple to the show after 13 or 14 but most would be there.

Back to reality--Ottawa isnt the only partner out there that will be looking to sell.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:05 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetimer00 View Post
I say, don't trade anyone yet, specially some key 1995 players. Guys, this team now by next year, we are going to be the dominant team in the CHL. If Herbst is all we hear he is.
They should be but they will take a hit on defence. Maatta should be back, Zadorov will be back as will Liberati and Raine. Hopefully Centorame and Di Lorenzo are ready by next year or they'll need to pick up a couple veteran D. Also, with Domi showing his dominance with the puck, fending off 2-3 defenders at a time, he may make the NHL next season. You just never know.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:05 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

excited to watch tonight's game vs sarnia...hopefully it's a great one

Old
11-23-2012, 12:36 AM
sirom

Quote:

To London:
Cody Ceci
Sean Monahan

To Ottawa:
Jacob Jammes
Chris Tierney
4 2nd Rounders
Funny how the trade Tierney talk is up again like last year and the year before. No doubt i know of a number of O teams that would take him and inquired but he is a key role player for the Knights and the Hunters have not bit on the offers before. In addition as a 1st rounder does he not have a no-trade clause which put's the ball in his court?

Old
11-23-2012, 10:03 AM
hockeylegend11

Interesting pick-up by the Knights as they claim D-man Matt Fuller from the Hounds
I know he is a London native-93 born,maybe with Maata,Harrington and possibly Zadorov away or trying out for world jr teams they were looking for depth on the back end,without those 3,leaves only Raine,Hughes,Liberati and Ferry
Once all that works out maybe he would be sent to London JR B where he once played,unless they move Ferry after Xmas in order to save an O/A spot for Rw Derek Schoemakers who should be available from the Petes

Closed Thread