Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ads vs. Checkers: Hush...hush, sweet Charlotte

Old
11-22-2012, 07:00 AM
Carelton CA

vCash: 500
Confidence is gone on the Ads right now with a lot of contributing factors, almost the perfect storm.

1- The goaltending is poor and everyone knows it. So the players and the coaches are playing a game to try NOT to get scored on. Last night the 1st shot on net goes in and then its here we go again.

2- I have to say coaching next. Become aggressive in all areas of the ice instead of letting the game come to you, bring the game to them with some jump. We are forever sitting back.

3- Stop the damn line shuffling every night. Leave Holland, Maroon and Palmieri together. Then set 2 other lines for a couple of weeks and shuffle the 4th if you want. But give the guys some consistency and a chance to develop some chemistry with each other instead of pulling names out of a hat.

4- Schedule has been an issue. Ad's have played the top 2 teams in the AHL 4 of their last 5 games. Both these teams have very strong D cores and goaltenders. The schedule has not been kind to this point.

Carelton CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carelton CA View Post
4- Schedule has been an issue. Ad's have played the top 2 teams in the AHL 4 of their last 5 games. Both these teams have very strong D cores and goaltenders. The schedule has not been kind to this point.
The sad part is that the remaining game was against one of the worst teams, and we still needed a shootout to save our *****.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Govment Cheese
Not a Charade!

This is all the stats ahl collects. ADS are 15% on PP and 81.6% on the PK.

http://cluster.leaguestat.com/downlo...ly-report.html

This team is not clicking. Players just don't seem to know where their teammates are on the ice or where they will be. Seeing a lot of missed passes, in the skates, behind play or into traffic. The turnovers are killing any type of flow on offense and leaving the D on their heels scrambling to cover the zone. Of the five goals I would say two were on Bobkov. The D needs to work harder to clear the slot, cover passing lanes and clear rebounds. They are allowing way to many shots on goal.

Govment Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 10:01 AM
Bodacious Wits
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
I think we ought to take it easy on the Ads fans. It can't be easy switching from last year's Tampa team to ours.

And they do appear to be missing something that isn't talent. (The team, not Ads fans).

Bodacious Wits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carelton CA View Post
3- Stop the damn line shuffling every night. Leave Holland, Maroon and Palmieri together. Then set 2 other lines for a couple of weeks and shuffle the 4th if you want. But give the guys some consistency and a chance to develop some chemistry with each other instead of pulling names out of a hat.
I see this complaint so often about coaches. Every single coach line shuffles. Some more than others but I have never followed a team whose coach didn't try and mix up lines. Some nights certain lines won't click and need to be broken up to get the players to be effective.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I see this complaint so often about coaches. Every single coach line shuffles. Some more than others but I have never followed a team whose coach didn't try and mix up lines. Some nights certain lines won't click and need to be broken up to get the players to be effective.
I agree. It's one of the most common complaints. Coaches typically don't shake up the lines unless something isn't working, and I think some people begin to associate the coach shaking up the lines with things not working.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote