HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

During a Q & A makes a scary prediction about Datsyuk

Old
11-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Jesusberg

vCash: 500
Seems like this has been a bit hijacked, but Zetterberg doesn't have fire? Jeez. The guy's passion is pretty obvious to me. You could see him beating himself up pre-All-Star break last season. After he was the 2nd best player (statistically) in the league behind Malkin. He was pretty much the only one to show up in the post-season. He's got a quiet fire that I guess not every one can see.

As far as Pavel goes, my gut instinct tells me that he's gone once his contract is up. I'd really like to see him play it year-by-year, signing much like Lids did, but I feel like he'll go back to Russia.

I guess one positive is that he mentioned missing Detroit, (I think it's in one of the posts on this board) so perhaps that's a good sign. I'd love to keep him around as long as possible.

Jesusberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 03:58 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
I don't think Kronner is big enough to play that sort of game. He's more suited to open ice hitting.
Jordin Tootoo is tiny. He hits hard. And he'll back it up against guys much bigger than him.

People are going to LOVE this guy if he still has the Tootoo fire.

Brad Stuart isn't a fighter. But last year when he hit someone with a clean hit, Chris Stewart jumped him and Brad STOOD IN like a man. He didn't really throw any punches.

But he didn't cower on the ice or hide behind the ref.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Townsend Beasley
Coop, how's Annie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Jordin Tootoo is tiny. He hits hard. And he'll back it up against guys much bigger than him.

People are going to LOVE this guy if he still has the Tootoo fire.

Brad Stuart isn't a fighter. But last year when he hit someone with a clean hit, Chris Stewart jumped him and Brad STOOD IN like a man. He didn't really throw any punches.

But he didn't cower on the ice or hide behind the ref.
Some guys throw big hits, some guys fight, some do both. Players can generate momentum for their teams in many ways.

But there's no style points, bob. There are no points given for "standing in like a man". You only win by scoring more goals than the other guy.

Kronwall can score points and throw hits, thats how he makes an impact. but hes just not a fighter, deal with it, man.

And this is probably all moot now, i doubt kronwall is nearly as physical now that he's a #1 d with a lifetime contract.

Townsend Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Capsized
Parity is a Disease

If I was a European player I would be thinking long and hard about whether or not to play in the NHL. The league has become a joke and the money will no longer be the dominating factor in player's decisions. In my view the salary cap has damaged the product and watered down the league. With many European players likely to opt out of the NHL it will only be worse. I think this lockout is going to be even more damaging than the last one. I for one will not pay any attention to a partial season. In my opinion a Cup champ after a half season is just a half champion. If the season is cancelled the NHL will drop completely off my radar. It took me 2 years to regain interest after the last lockout. Part of the mystique of the NHL is the rich history and tradition. Bettman's NHL has pissed all over that history and tradition. If they lose another season they can take their product and stick it. I am out.

Capsized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 10:51 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkins tremblay View Post
Some guys throw big hits, some guys fight, some do both. Players can generate momentum for their teams in many ways.

But there's no style points, bob. There are no points given for "standing in like a man". You only win by scoring more goals than the other guy.

Kronwall can score points and throw hits, thats how he makes an impact. but hes just not a fighter, deal with it, man.

And this is probably all moot now, i doubt kronwall is nearly as physical now that he's a #1 d with a lifetime contract.
You want to hurt people?
Prepare for people to hurt you.

It's that simple.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

Quote:
You want to hurt people?

It's that simple.
But shouldn't that retribution be within the rules, the way Kronwall hits. Fighting, while mostly accepted, is still breaking the rules and a 5 minute penalty. A typical Kronwall hit doesn't violate any rules.

I agree Kronwall should keep his head up skating through open ice, but I don't agree he needs to respond with fisticuffs to legal hits.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Townsend Beasley
Coop, how's Annie?

Quote:
You want to hurt people?

It's that simple.
No argument here. Im sure even kronwall accepts that his hits have made him a "marked man".

Eye for an eye is human nature.

however, i still see zero incentive for kronwall dropping the gloves.

Im asking you, how does it benefit the team?

Simple as that

Townsend Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 06:53 PM
ricky0034

Quote:
No argument here. Im sure even kronwall accepts that his hits have made him a "marked man".

Simple as that
clearly captain bob thinks that Kronwall should sacrifice powerplays for his team purely so he himself can look more manly

is it just me or would doing that actually be a bit selfish of Kronwall?

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 08:01 PM
crashman

vCash: 714
Quote:

Simple as that
Exactly...and not only that. I think the fact that he refuses to drop the gloves is actually a good tactic in getting in the other teams head. When he lined up Kesler last season and Kesler tried to fight Kronwall to no avail, Kesler and the other "tough guys" on the Nucks were concerned with getting at Kronwall for the rest of the game, not scoring goals. He's done this many times.

Selanne and Vorachek also come to mind. When he nails a guy on a "tough guy team", they just don't expect those kind of violent hits from the Red Wings, so they'll be damned if they're gonna let the soft-Euro filled Wings beat up on one of their guys.

Think what you will about Kronwall on a personal level, but his hits can change the momentum of a game/series, and the fact that he doesn't fight only helps that.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 07:05 AM
LeighDx13

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
Exactly...and not only that. I think the fact that he refuses to drop the gloves is actually a good tactic in getting in the other teams head. When he lined up Kesler last season and Kesler tried to fight Kronwall to no avail, Kesler and the other "tough guys" on the Nucks were concerned with getting at Kronwall for the rest of the game, not scoring goals. He's done this many times.

Selanne and Vorachek also come to mind. When he nails a guy on a "tough guy team", they just don't expect those kind of violent hits from the Red Wings, so they'll be damned if they're gonna let the soft-Euro filled Wings beat up on one of their guys.

Think what you will about Kronwall on a personal level, but his hits can change the momentum of a game/series, and the fact that he doesn't fight only helps that.
Sums up my thoughts.

As for Pavel. I'm hoping playing in Russia during the lockout will be enough for him to re-sign here when his contract expires. I can see him signing here until he is at least 40, he is loyal to Detroit. He loves it here and even took the time to fly back to Detroit during the hockey break in the KHL.

LeighDx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 08:25 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Didn't know where to put this but figured some of you would want to know.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1298223

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Huddy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
you really think Pav is going to end his career is Russia after 2013/14 season

I could see him ending his career in Russia like Federov did, in his 40's

Huddy* is offline   Reply With Quote