HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part IV - The Search for More Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2012, 11:44 PM
TNigs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
He basically missed a week and change. He still played 61 games. That means he missed seven games total the whole season, not exactly a huge chunk of time.
I knew it was short but I forgot it was that short of time.

Old
11-21-2012, 05:19 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 1125
Nedolmel with nothing last night, team lost 1-2.

Good to hear that Sproul coming is back.

Old
11-21-2012, 05:54 AM
ricky0034

wow Sproul heals fast

supposed to be out 8-12 weeks and comes back in 6

Old
11-21-2012, 07:24 AM
ricky0034

so....Wings prospects at the WJC,how's it looking?

here's how it looks from what I understand,correct me if i'm wrong on any of this

Ouellet is looking like a lock for Canada

Sproul has a shot but it isn't very realistic even with Murray injured with how deep team Canada's defense is(missing time with that injury sure didn't help either)

none of the other Wings Canadian prospects have a shot

moving on to Slovakia

Jurco is not eligible(misses out by only a couple days I think ouch)

Tvrdon is eligible and would have been a lock but is injured

Czech Republic

Nedomlel,will his country even allow him to play? if so what are his chances looking like?

how are Frk's chances looking? I would assume pretty good but really have no idea

Russia

Marchenko isn't eligible

Sweden

Backman isn't eligible

does Bodin have a shot at all? I would assume no but not entirely sure

Last edited by ricky0034: 11-21-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old
11-21-2012, 07:32 AM
joe89

Nope, Bodin isn't remotely close to a spot.

Both Nedomlel and Frk played with the Czech team this summer. Frk played on the first line. Frk should be a lock(he's played regularly with their national teams throughout the years), I have no idea how well regarded Nedomlel is but he should have a good chance as long as there's no dispute.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:22 AM
StormSurge9

If Sproul shows he's fully healthy and is playing at the level he was before the injury I could still see him get an invite to Team Canada camp. After that though he would probably need to blow the coaching staff away to earn a spot on the final roster.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:53 AM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
If Sproul shows he's fully healthy and is playing at the level he was before the injury I could still see him get an invite to Team Canada camp. After that though he would probably need to blow the coaching staff away to earn a spot on the final roster.
Agree. Has an outside shot now that Murray went down but has to come back on a tear and really impress at the camp.

Frk is a lock for the Czech team, he played with them when he was like 16. I really hope Ned is there too, I'm sure he has a good shot but I'm not all that familiar with the Czech team.. Does Fischer have any pull?

Old
11-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
wow Sproul heals fast

supposed to be out 8-12 weeks and comes back in 6
He's the terminator, regenerates very quickly.

Old
11-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Backman game-leading 24:34 TOI, no points, even rating. Team lost 2-4.
Jarnkrok 1G, 6 shots, 22:09 TOI, +1. Sounds like he was robbed in the overtime, he scored but Lindholm was called for a Homer-esque goalie interference. Missed in the SO. Team lost 1-2 SO.
Nice game for Calle. I love seeing Backman eat up huge mins, going even with that amount of IT when your team gives up 4 goals is pretty solid.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:16 PM
JimLaheyprobert

Has anyone seen Mike Mckee play, he plays in the USHL looks like a fighter but does he have a chance to make the NHL, does he have any other talent? Is there a way i can stream ushl games?

Old
11-21-2012, 01:31 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
Has anyone seen Mike Mckee play, he plays in the USHL looks like a fighter but does he have a chance to make the NHL, does he have any other talent? Is there a way i can stream ushl games?
At best I see him being a #7 guy who is only in the line up when they need an enforcer

Old
11-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
No idea on USHL streams. He was supposed to play for Western Michigan this year. If he eventually winds up in Kalamazoo it will be much easier to catch his games.

As far as a scouting report goes, he's a decent skater for his size but he'll be a defensive defenseman if he ever makes it to the NHL. Probably need to PK a bit too and block some shots.

Old
11-21-2012, 07:52 PM
newfy

Good Ouellet video.. Fish says hes 5'11, dunno abuot that one

http://video.redwings.nhl.com/videocenter/

Old
11-21-2012, 08:44 PM
StormSurge9

Sproul has an assist and a +2 through 2 periods. Looks like he hasn't missed a beat out there.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:19 PM
JimLaheyprobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
At best I see him being a #7 guy who is only in the line up when they need an enforcer
ya hopefully he can develop into a full time redwing, i know it will take awhile but hes something we need.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:22 PM
JimLaheyprobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Agree. Has an outside shot now that Murray went down but has to come back on a tear and really impress at the camp.

Frk is a lock for the Czech team, he played with them when he was like 16. I really hope Ned is there too, I'm sure he has a good shot but I'm not all that familiar with the Czech team.. Does Fischer have any pull?
i dought sproul will make world juniors for canada, especially with the lockout theres way to many dmen. morgan rilley, dougie hamilton, ryan murray, dumba, reinhart, ceci, those are just the guys off the top of my head i know im missing a few. Oullet on the other hand not only will be invited to the camp he may even make the team.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:22 PM
loojay

I went to the Hounds/Spirit game...took some notes:

First Hounds goal
- scored on their 1st shot - wrist shot from slot with no pressure on shooter - Sproul on ice had no influence on goal

2nd Hounds goal - 4 on 4, Sproul froze Paterson with shot fake from right point then put a beauty cross zone pass for an easy tap in

3rd Hounds goal
- Sproul one-timed a cross ice pass from the point through Paterson's legs on the power play - 2nd goal of the evening Paterson probably should've stopped

Sproul was scored against defending a 2 on 1 - dove stick 1st to try to deflect hard shot from puck carrier who didn't pass, beat goalie top corner

Sproul was slapping his stick all game wanting the puck, skating it into the offensive zone, jumping into the rush every chance he got, shot a lot and they got through with respectable frequency, played sparingly in the 1st & 2nd, played a lot in the 3rd and overtime

His offense looked really good. His D was another story. Lost his man a few times, needs to be more punishing along the boards, outlet pass was a bit rusty at times.

Sproul was not very physical at all - Laid big hit on a guy coming in 1 on 1 on him but that was about it.

Little bit of pk and pp time for #55

Losing O.T goal was his fault, was soft on Spirit player coming into his zone, left Trafford alone going around the net. Didn't pick Trafford up when he came around the other side. Puck came to his man Trafford all alone and he potted the O.T. winner.

Paterson - 1st period- faced 11 shots - 2 were quality chances. A lot of shots from outside, good stop on a sure tap in 2 on 1, let in 2 goals

2nd - faced 12 shots - 1 quality chance against - stopped a 2 on 0
in close, no pass was made so he just played shooter
-beat clean by a slapshot from the point but hit off the base of the
3rd - 20 shots faced - saved a few point blank and subsequent rebound too

Very ordinary 1st 2 periods, played well in the third.

Frequently Put rebounds in dangerous places.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:45 AM
TNigs

^Good report
That's what I've heard most of the time about Sproul, defense is no where near what it should be. I'm sure a little bit of it has to do with being out of game action for a while but still, I've never heard good things about him defensively.
Now I've only seen Paterson play a half a game in the subway series, but his stat lines confuses me. Some game he'll stop 40 out of 42 shots and other nights he'll be somewhere around 9 of 15. He really needs to work on consistency even though I don't think his team gives him a whole lot of help.

Old
11-22-2012, 04:53 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 1125
Thanks for the report.

Frk 1+1, +1. Both points on pp.
AA2 with nothing, were shut down against Owen Sound.
Paterson with 41/44
Sproul 1+1,
Hudon with nothing.

Old
11-22-2012, 05:19 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by loojay View Post

His offense looked really good. His D was another story. Lost his man a few times, needs to be more punishing along the boards, outlet pass was a bit rusty at times.

Sproul was not very physical at all - Laid big hit on a guy coming in 1 on 1 on him but that was about it.

Little bit of pk and pp time for #55
Sounds just more and more for Mike Green. And Green is Sproul's idol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNigs View Post
That's what I've heard most of the time about Sproul, defense is no where near what it should be. I'm sure a little bit of it has to do with being out of game action for a while but still, I've never heard good things about him defensively.
Thank god we have Lidström and Chelios at the training camp to get some influence in him. He is a project, but let's be patient. He can develop. Even Ericsson-defensive-level would be nice, with that offensive ability.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:47 AM
ChadS

Frk has really turned his game around, even though his start wasn't even that bad. First 11 games 2+7=9 and since then he's on a 10 game pointstreak with 8+12=20 points. That's actually better than MacKinnon (16pts) in the same games.

Old
11-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Good Ouellet video.. Fish says hes 5'11, dunno abuot that one

http://video.redwings.nhl.com/videocenter/
Fisch corrects him and says he's 6'0. Even so, it's still possible he's 6'1 now. I know I grew a couple of inches at his age in a very short time.

Of course, the Armada might just have exaggerated it. No idea.

Old
11-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Frk has really turned his game around, even though his start wasn't even that bad. First 11 games 2+7=9 and since then he's on a 10 game pointstreak with 8+12=20 points. That's actually better than MacKinnon (16pts) in the same games.
It seems like Frk is the new Pulkkinen. A highly, highly skilled guy with a monster shot and questionable skating and D. At minimum those two will be a blast to watch in the AHL next year. Two of the better shooters you could hope for, and I think both play the point on the PP.

Old
11-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Anchor Town

Sproul has basically no shot in hell at making the team. Even if he was healthy all season his chances would be slim at best

Old
11-22-2012, 04:05 PM
ChadS

Pulkkinen 0+1, +1 and 10:25 icetime
Bäckman 0+1, +/- 0, 22:36 icetime
Järnkrok 0+0, +/- 0, 21:33 icetime, 53% on faceoffs

Bäckman still hasn't scored this season but has 11 assists.

Closed Thread