HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Was-edm

Old
11-21-2012, 03:44 PM
molsonoilers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
The Oilers situation is unprecedented. A really bad team with a bunch of really good young players. Smid isn't untouchable but would only be available in a package for an elite defenseman.
Perfect.

molsonoilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:10 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
You should know I watch Caps games on a regular basis based on the fact I'm posting in a good deal of the Caps GDTs.
I see plenty of Caps targetted on a regular basis. Backstrom is strong enough to fend for himself out there most of the time. But plenty of teams have targetted Green, Semin, Johansson, and Perreault. Obviously Ovechkin isn't enough of an intimidation factor to stop that, or even prevent the "exception" of an elbow to Backstrom's noggin.
except we were not talking about an enforcer. we were talking about a forward that can skate on your first line an provide some physical protection. players like that are awfully rare. how many nhl teams are going to skate aaron asham or zee konapka on their first line as police?

I am not surprised that teams target capitals other than the caps first line players. the 4 you mention either dont or primarily dont skate with the caps first line at even strenth. when johansson was skating first line i dont recall him getting picked on in ovechkin's face.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
If I'm Washington, I'm not doing this. Last checked, wingers was our main position of need. If there's no season, our young D prospects will get older and we'll have a chance to grab a D in a pretty good UFA market, too.

Ovechkin
Laich
Forsberg
Kuznetsov
Chimera
Brouwer
Galiev
Ward

How do many wingers/more ready W prospects than Wilson do we need exactly?

Our D prospects being young isn't the issue, no one to put opposite Green aside from Schultz or Hamrlik is the issue.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Halpysback

What would the oilers want for Nick Schultz then?

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 09:06 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
except we were not talking about an enforcer.
We're not? But I thought you said we were...

Quote:
in today's nhl a player that can skate your first line and belong and hits like a mack truck is your enforcer.
Oh yeah, you did.

Quote:
we were talking about a forward that can skate on your first line an provide some physical protection. players like that are awfully rare. how many nhl teams are going to skate aaron asham or zee konapka on their first line as police?

I am not surprised that teams target capitals other than the caps first line players. the 4 you mention either dont or primarily dont skate with the caps first line at even strenth. when johansson was skating first line i dont recall him getting picked on in ovechkin's face.
What good is a guy who only protects one line from aggression? And even still, doesn't protect it well enough to prevent the star center from taking an elbow to the head?

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 09:25 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
What would the oilers want for Nick Schultz then?
Right now I think they'll keep N.Schultz until they see how their prospects are coming along. If he was to be traded, it would have to be for a big top 6 C or a top 4 D. The Oilers might have to add, but their not going to trade him for scraps.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 09:25 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Capitals would do it in a heartbeat. Jeff Schultz is a vortex of suck, Wilson's skill-set is intriguing but he's no Lucic.

Smid is emerging as a top shutdown defenseman in the league. There's no way the Oilers, a team highly deficient in that position, would give him up unless it was in a package for a dynamic top-pairing defenseman.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 09:39 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
what? no Johansson, Forsberg, Brouwer, Alzner, Orlov or Kuznetsov?

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
what? no Johansson, Forsberg, Brouwer, Alzner, Orlov or Kuznetsov?

Old
11-22-2012, 05:37 PM
BarDownBobo

Question for you Capitals fans: What would it take to get Kuznetsov or Johansson from you?

BarDownBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 09:58 PM
alphahelix

Oilers would trade N. Schultz long before they would trade Smid (assuming we're not talking about a situation where a top D is coming back, in which case either would be available).

N. Schultz still probably has more value to the Oilers than most other teams, but I think they would move him if it was a good deal. Having said that I can't imagine anyone offering enough to part with him (except maybe on trade deadline) .. your standard trade deadline-level overpay-for-veteran d-man is about what it would take to get him ,-- either that or a quality D-man/ intriguing prospect D/C prospect...

ramble ramble

alphahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 10:45 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
Question for you Capitals fans: What would it take to get Kuznetsov or Johansson from you?
1st pairing left defenseman or 1st line winger without major question marks (injuries, bad/expiring contract, etc.).